Why did God create me?

Debate serious and interesting topics, rant about politics or pop culture, or otherwise converse in essay form about your opinions. The rules of conduct here are a little stricter.
Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.09.01 (18:02)

Tunco123 wrote:
sawyerscott52 wrote:anyway, neither of them exist, or else i would have posted HAIL SATAN!!!! in all caps.
I'm sure you're going to make some sense.
This is the ultimate battle of wits.
Loathes

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.09.01 (19:22)

I want to see this play out.

sawyerscott52 vs Tunco123 -- FIGHT!!
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2009.09.26 (04:04)

I like to think of this question using an analogy to the Sims. If you created an Atheist character on the Sims, then what's the point? Why have him exist if he's not going to believe in you? Because you want the people in the game to think about themselves and not you; that's what makes the game interesting. In a way, it's as if God puts them in there to stop the 4th wall being completely broken.

----------------
Now playing: Calvin Harris - The Rain

via FoxyTunes

Hawaii Five-Oh

Postby blackson » 2009.09.26 (07:20)

Universezero wrote:I like to think of this question using an analogy to the Sims. If you created an Atheist character on the Sims, then what's the point? Why have him exist if he's not going to believe in you? Because you want the people in the game to think about themselves and not you; that's what makes the game interesting.
That certainly fits the bill of an all-loving God; one that would put the good of humanity above making the world "interesting".

Semimember
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/da_man894

Postby da_man894 » 2009.09.28 (02:25)

What a great super hero.

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye

Postby otters » 2009.09.28 (02:55)

Blackson wrote:
Universezero wrote:I like to think of this question using an analogy to the Sims. If you created an Atheist character on the Sims, then what's the point? Why have him exist if he's not going to believe in you? Because you want the people in the game to think about themselves and not you; that's what makes the game interesting.
That certainly fits the bill of an all-loving God; one that would put the good of humanity above making the world "interesting".
Isn't self-awareness and the ability to reason part of the good of humanity?

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.09.28 (13:17)

Wight wrote:
Blackson wrote:
Isn't self-awareness and the ability to reason part of the good of humanity?

By humanity's only definition of good.
Loathes

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.09.28 (20:35)

SlappyMcGee wrote:
Wight wrote:Isn't self-awareness and the ability to reason part of the good of humanity?
By humanity's only definition of good.
And, though somewhat less related, by humanity's inexplicable definition of an undefinable god.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.

Postby Aldaric » 2009.10.12 (19:06)

The purpose of your life is decided by you.
Last edited by Aldaric on 2009.10.13 (01:52), edited 1 time in total.

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.10.13 (01:40)

Aldaric wrote:God didnt create you. Your dad banged your mom, and your mom birthed you. Thats how it works.
Motherfucker, are you serious?
I've half a mind to start giving you actual warns.

Make useful posts. Useful.
If you can't make 'em useful, at least make 'em entertaining. Something. Anything.
Jesus Fucking Christ.
spoiler

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2009.10.13 (02:40)

Tsukatu wrote:
Aldaric wrote:...Your dad banged your mom...
Motherfucker...
As immature and spammy as my posting now may be, I seriously hope you considered your word choice here. This is great.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.10.13 (11:44)

flagmyidol wrote:
Tsukatu wrote:
Aldaric wrote:...Your dad banged your mom...
Motherfucker...
As immature and spammy as my posting now may be, I seriously hope you considered your word choice here. This is great.
Spammer has a point.
Loathes

Radio Douchebag
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Rhekatou

Postby Rhekatou » 2009.10.21 (23:38)

Tsukatu wrote:
Aldaric wrote:God didnt create you. Your dad banged your mom, and your mom birthed you. Thats how it works.

Jesus Fucking Christ.
How is that possible?

[/spammyfun]

zZz
The point of life is for you to make something of it. Go outside your routine, and make a difference. To someone else, that is what matters.

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/gloomp
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby unoriginal name » 2009.10.22 (02:57)

Rhekatou wrote:
Tsukatu wrote:

Jesus Fucking Christ.
How is that possible?

[/spammyfun]

zZz
The point of life is for you to make something of it. Go outside your routine, and make a difference. To someone else, that is what matters.
On my computer Rhekatou's profile shows 0 warns. Is this a hardware or software issue?

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.10.22 (18:36)

xVxSupremeMastarxVx wrote:On my computer Rhekatou's profile shows 0 warns. Is this a hardware or software issue?
Thank you for reporting this issue.
The problem has been rectified.
spoiler