Are you okay with gays?

Debate serious and interesting topics, rant about politics or pop culture, or otherwise converse in essay form about your opinions. The rules of conduct here are a little stricter.
La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2009.01.13 (15:18)

rennaT wrote:
Your data suggests: Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.
So, what does this mean? Am I slightly homophobic or am I just slightly susceptible to Freudian slips? Also, I think I'm in the white bars, right? Should I be sitting my parents down at this point? I'm so confused, Jean-Luc, about everything. Please don't take advantage.
My result: "There were too many errors made to determine a result."

Screw you too, guys. I'm very suspicious of that test. Trying to identify the facial features of tiny plastic figures? The graph looks impressive but I just can't see how the test does much to uncover your subconscious biases. I've a tried a few now and I feel like my performance is mostly based on which pair comes first. I get into a rhythm with that and then when it changes I start to get muddled up.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.13 (19:17)

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

Yeah, I don't get the test. It was definitely a fun thing. But it's not a real test, by my standards. I think it's no good test for homophobia, that's for sure.

EDIT:

Took the race one too:

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between White people and Black people.

Apparently I'm too good at the game. I clearly prefer the chocolate.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Empire

Postby Banned » 2009.01.13 (23:36)

They're fine unless they harass you when you're not gay or/and if they're perverts.
ImageImage
Thx Maestro!

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.01.14 (01:39)

DemonzLunchBreak wrote:"They're fine until they start to blow up buildings with airplanes."
Damnable gays at it again!!
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Empire

Postby Banned » 2009.01.14 (23:58)

DemonzLunchBreak wrote:
Skyflyer wrote:They're fine unless they harass you when you're not gay or/and if they're perverts.
Someone harassing you or someone being a pervert has nothing to do with that person being gay. That's similar to saying "They're fine until they start to blow up buildings with airplanes."
My point. From the moment they're not people I wouldn't like if they weren't gays, they're fine by me. In other words, I don't mind gays. I treat them like everyone else according to how they act (like I would for straight people).
ImageImage
Thx Maestro!

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.15 (17:59)

I like gay people and all. I just don't think they should manage baseball teams.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Albany, New York
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby jean-luc » 2009.01.17 (03:57)

blue_tetris wrote:Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

Yeah, I don't get the test. It was definitely a fun thing. But it's not a real test, by my standards. I think it's no good test for homophobia, that's for sure.
The test doesn't evaluate for homophobia. It evaluates for an implicit association towards homosexuals or heterosexuals. Your implicit associations can absolutely be overcome by conscious thought, although they will always effect you to some extent. The issue someone else noticed about the one that comes first is a problem with the testing technique, but the questions are presented in both orders with interrim practice blocks to minimize this.

The tests are well-respected by the psychological community, although they are definitely still experimental.

See Voluntary Controllability of the Implicit Association Test (IAT) by De-Yeong Kim (Social Psychology Quarterly, Vol. 66, No. 1 Mar., 2003, pp. 83-96 ), which addresses the measures taken to ensure accuracy, as well as the nature of Implicit Associations.
-- I might be stupid, but that's a risk we're going to have to take. --
Website! Photography! Robots! Facebook!
The latest computers from Japan can also perform magical operations.

King Sanchez De La Cruz Magnifico IV: Return of Lenny Laser-Tits
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/Weisslenny0
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Lenny » 2009.01.18 (00:11)

For Tanner's sake I thought I'd comment here.

Yeah, gays are great. I know a few gay people, and they're all good friends. Nothing wrong with them or their decision, I just don't see myself going the same way.
ImageImageImage
<&Yanni> I've had an ambient song like this playing for a couple hours,
<&Yanni> Oh no wait that is MY AIR CONDITIONER

-----
<@Animator> :::: Techno was killed by a better music genre.
-----
<SouthyMcGee> Music is auditory art. What art is a different argument.
----
<&sforzando> Alright, no 247MHz for you.

Previous Custom Member Titles: Cross-Country Sticker King 2k10, Doing Out the Girls, Outdoing the Girls, Lenny Laser-Tits, King Sanchez De La Cruz Magnifico IV: Return of Lenny Laser-Tits (current).

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/greenblack

Postby blackbelmoral » 2009.01.19 (17:34)

I agree with Turiski's last post.
YAR HAR!
X2
Sigs:
29403|?NicNac?| Kablamo
Atilla wrote:If I offer a position, particularly one that requires a degree of responsibility and maturity, verbally abusing me because you missed the position will only confirm my belief that you were not the best candidate

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/remote

Postby Limer » 2009.01.25 (15:40)

We're really relaxed about sexuality and things around here. Always joking around and stuff. I have many gay friends. And many who have er.. decided they are bisexual.
thats right, im remote.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maxson924

Postby Rose » 2009.01.26 (21:39)

Of course I'm okay with them, as long as they don't hit on me or anything.

Loquacious
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Guitar_Hero_Matt

Postby MattKestrel » 2009.01.26 (21:49)

Limer wrote:We're really relaxed about sexuality and things around here. Always joking around and stuff. I have many gay friends. And many who have er.. decided they are bisexual.
Funny how that works. I know tons of gay people at my school, and at least half of them claim they're bisexual. Conclusion, they're putting the gayness on, and use it get a different reaction from women? Idk, it just seems at my school sexual orientation is used more as something to play on other people than serious and concrete, which is pretty sad. :/

Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/kablamo_boom
MBTI Type: ESTJ

Postby Kablamo » 2009.01.27 (23:43)

im fine with gay marriage, as long as both the chicks are hot "lol"

no im fine with gays, but i dont want to be one
spoiler

Hi Everybody!

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye

Postby otters » 2009.01.28 (03:58)

Radium wrote:But seriously, people don't choose to be gay.
*Really?*

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/scythe33

Postby scythe » 2009.01.28 (07:00)

DemonzLunchBreak wrote:
incluye wrote:
Radium wrote:But seriously, people don't choose to be gay.
*Really?*
If you've been following the thread at all, then you should either agree with Radium or have some kind of brilliant counter-argument.
whoosh
As soon as we wish to be happier, we are no longer happy.

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.01.28 (20:03)

I wish I still had that diagram of Obby picking his nose while the post content flies over his head.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

A group of powered mutants currently restricted to the grounds of the Xavier Institute.
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Studebacher Hoch » 2009.01.31 (21:50)

I'm gonna explain my feelings this way.

Imagine a four-way street, and right in the center of it is this crisp, brand-new Canadian one-dollar bill. Now, there is a person at the end of each of these streets. We've got a an AIDS-Ridden, Straight-Hating Devilgay to the east, a regular dude who regularly engages in intercourse with other men to the south, Santa Clause out west there, an an accurate visual representation of Kevin Costner's acting range to the north.

Let me draw it for you:

NOW, the question is... Who gets to the dollar bill first?

The regular dude, because the other three are figments of greater America's imagination.

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.31 (22:02)

You're awful. Kevin Costner is amazing.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/greenblack

Postby blackbelmoral » 2009.01.31 (22:28)

i thik of gays as a timboy's mind in boys body.
YAR HAR!
X2
Sigs:
29403|?NicNac?| Kablamo
Atilla wrote:If I offer a position, particularly one that requires a degree of responsibility and maturity, verbally abusing me because you missed the position will only confirm my belief that you were not the best candidate

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.31 (23:26)

What American would be going for the Canadian dollar bill to begin with? That, in itself, is just like begging for an assfull of AIDS.

Wizard Dentist
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/SkyPanda

Postby SkyPanda » 2009.02.01 (14:12)

stud wrote:Imagine a four-way street, and right in the center of it is this crisp, brand-new Canadian one-dollar bill. Now, there is a person at the end of each of these streets. We've got a an AIDS-Ridden, Straight-Hating Devilgay to the east, a regular dude who regularly engages in intercourse with other men to the south, Santa Clause out west there, an an accurate visual representation of Kevin Costner's acting range to the north.
"Hi, i'm just a regular dude, I work a nine to five, have a wife and two kids, I live in a house in suburbian nowhere, and I regularly engage in intercourse with other men."

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.02.01 (22:18)

SkyPanda wrote:
stud wrote:Imagine a four-way street, and right in the center of it is this crisp, brand-new Canadian one-dollar bill. Now, there is a person at the end of each of these streets. We've got a an AIDS-Ridden, Straight-Hating Devilgay to the east, a regular dude who regularly engages in intercourse with other men to the south, Santa Clause out west there, an an accurate visual representation of Kevin Costner's acting range to the north.
"Hi, i'm just a regular dude, I work a nine to five, have a wife and two kids, I live in a house in suburbian nowhere, and I regularly engage in intercourse with other men."
There's a lot of gay men who have jobs, believe it or not. I know it's hard to believe they're not all rapists and murderers.

Even more shockingly, gay people are actually more common in suburbs and cities than in rural areas.

There are even some gay people that have kids (and children aren't as regular to possess as you may think, these days).

In fact, the only thing "irregular" about the regular dude you quoted, Sky, is that he's gay.

Maybe "regular" don't mean as much no mo'.

Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.02.01 (22:32)

rennaT wrote:You're awful. Kevin Costner is amazing.

Kevin Costner is a fag.
Loathes

Wizard Dentist
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/SkyPanda

Postby SkyPanda » 2009.02.02 (07:47)

blue_tetris wrote:In fact, the only thing "irregular" about the regular dude you quoted, Sky, is that he's gay.
That is quite correct! Which surely leads on to the ultimate conclusion that my hypothetical dialogue was in fact pointing out the irony of a guy who describes himself as 'regular', yet also engages in intercourse with other men (an act which would not be considered 'regular' by most).. no? Not even a giggle? Dammit, at this rate, i'll never achieve my dream of doing stand-up on national television.

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2009.02.02 (07:55)

I think your problem is that the humour was already there in the Studebacher Hoch's original post.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2