Backwards Time Travel. Impossible?

Debate serious and interesting topics, rant about politics or pop culture, or otherwise converse in essay form about your opinions. The rules of conduct here are a little stricter.
Raigan and the Horse-Woman
Raigan and the Horse-Woman
Posts: 182
Joined: 2008.09.27 (02:14)
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/sidke
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/shagdish
Location: ⑨ 
Contact:

Postby sidke » 2010.10.29 (14:46)

reventón wrote:And yet, this appears: Napoleon with a mobile phone (under his jacket) in the 1810s.


it's clear that he's texting from in his jacket without looking! showing the same deft technique with mobile phones that those crazy kids nowadays do, so he must have grown up texting just like those kids. maybe he's actually a teenager from present time who traveled back to become the world's most bite-sized military genius in history!
i bet he played a lot of starcraft back here to hone his strategies.
i really think you're onto something here, and i'm going to look further into it. i'll keep you posted with my findings

EDIT!!!

EXCITIGN NEWS, I JUST READ AND FOUND OUT THAT NAPOLEON IS ACTUALLY THE WELL-KNOWN KOREAN STARCRAFT PLAYER FLASH!!!

Image

obviously backwards time travel is very possible, we just need to ask the south koreans how they dunnit
spoiler

辻菜摘が好きじゃー ヽ(´ー`)ノ sig by peking duck


User avatar
Retrofuturist
Posts: 3131
Joined: 2008.09.19 (06:55)
MBTI Type: ENTP
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.10.30 (00:06)

nevada wrote:
reventón wrote:And yet, this appears: Napoleon with a mobile phone (under his jacket) in the 1810s.


it's clear that he's texting from in his jacket without looking! showing the same deft technique with mobile phones that those crazy kids nowadays do, so he must have grown up texting just like those kids. maybe he's actually a teenager from present time who traveled back to become the world's most bite-sized military genius in history!
i bet he played a lot of starcraft back here to hone his strategies.
i really think you're onto something here, and i'm going to look further into it. i'll keep you posted with my findings

EDIT!!!

EXCITIGN NEWS, I JUST READ AND FOUND OUT THAT NAPOLEON IS ACTUALLY THE WELL-KNOWN KOREAN STARCRAFT PLAYER FLASH!!!

Image

obviously backwards time travel is very possible, we just need to ask the south koreans how they dunnit

Genius.
"you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai

"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai


spoiler

Image


User avatar
La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
Posts: 2228
Joined: 2008.09.19 (14:27)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP
Location: Beijing
Contact:

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2010.10.30 (03:10)

nevada wrote:EXCITIGN NEWS, I JUST READ AND FOUND OUT THAT NAPOLEON IS ACTUALLY THE WELL-KNOWN KOREAN STARCRAFT PLAYER FLASH!!!

if he was well-known you wouldn't have had to tell us who he was
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

Image

User avatar
Not So Awesome Blossom
Posts: 2528
Joined: 2008.09.26 (21:28)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
Location: USA

Postby Vyacheslav » 2010.10.30 (03:12)

He's a celebrity in Korea.
Image

User avatar
Queen of All Spiders
Posts: 4263
Joined: 2008.09.29 (03:54)
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP
Location: Quebec, Canada!
Contact:

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.10.30 (03:35)

reventón wrote:
nevada wrote:EXCITIGN NEWS, I JUST READ AND FOUND OUT THAT NAPOLEON IS ACTUALLY THE WELL-KNOWN KOREAN STARCRAFT PLAYER FLASH!!!

if he was well-known you wouldn't have had to tell us who he was



I knew who it was, but I am a Starcraft nerrrrrrrrrrrrd.


Anyway, I think that makes SlayerS_BoxeR Andrew Jackson, and Jaedong into time-traveling Korean Montezuma.
Loathes

User avatar
Average Time to Take Breakfast in Equador
Posts: 640
Joined: 2008.09.27 (03:11)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/geti
MBTI Type: ENFJ
Contact:

Postby Geti » 2010.10.30 (08:04)

Fucking hell I was expecting some form of intelligent discussion with relation to relativity and whatnot not youtube links and starcraft conjecture O_o I don't care how hot the kpop stars they listen to are or how uber their micro is, that's not time-travel.

squibbles wrote:Also, on that note, why is lightspeed seen as a speed barrier? That is also retarded.
Fuck. These. Words.

Listen up kids, you're about to learn something cool:
Lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier because anything with mass gains mass as its velocity increases (because E = mc^2, rearranging we get m = E/c^2 where E is increasing (because of the increase in kinetic energy) and therefore mass is increasing blah blah equations) and thus the instant before reaching c the object will require infinite force to get it to accelerate to a velocity of c which is impossible, so nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. Neat, huh? Now you know why lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier.

tl;dr: Don't make assumptions or wide sweeping ignorant statements about physics ever, or I'll call you retarded for saying silly things as if they were fact. Good rule?
spoiler

"I'd be happy for a lion if it hunted me down and ate me, but not so happy for it if it locked up me and my family, then forced us to breed so it may devour our offspring." - entwilight <3
How do you know that God didn't intend for humans to be the animals' caretakers? He might be appalled that He gave us these animals to use and we're fucking eating them. - Tsukatu
4th - DDA Speedrunning Contest.
One Hundred Percent Vegetarian

deviantArt Profile - 1BarDesign
God knows if i'm back.

User avatar
Cowboy Magician
Posts: 500
Joined: 2008.12.22 (13:38)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Drathmoore
MBTI Type: ISTJ
Location: Nottingham, England

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.10.30 (10:54)

Geti wrote:Listen up kids, you're about to learn something cool:
Lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier because anything with mass gains mass as its velocity increases (because E = mc^2, rearranging we get m = E/c^2 where E is increasing (because of the increase in kinetic energy) and therefore mass is increasing blah blah equations) and thus the instant before reaching c the object will require infinite force to get it to accelerate to a velocity of c which is impossible, so nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. Neat, huh? Now you know why lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier.

tl;dr: Don't make assumptions or wide sweeping ignorant statements about physics ever, or I'll call you retarded for saying silly things as if they were fact. Good rule?


Mmm. The only hypothetical object that can break the light barrier are Tachyons. And those have imaginary mass.

The only other hypothetical method of time travel I'm aware of is the use of Wormholes - enlarging one from the quantum foam with exotic matter. Of course, this is pretty much impossible as well. Exotic matter can only be created in miniscule amounts, whereas quite a bit is required to enlarge a wormhole. And even then, it will most likely destroy itself upon creation, as explained in Hawking's Chronology Protection Conjucture.

User avatar
Demon Fisherman
Posts: 1246
Joined: 2008.10.01 (23:37)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/squibbles
MBTI Type: ENFP
Location: Canberra
Contact:

Postby squibbles » 2010.10.30 (12:36)

Geti wrote:Lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier because anything with mass gains mass as its velocity increases (because E = mc^2, rearranging we get m = E/c^2 where E is increasing (because of the increase in kinetic energy) and therefore mass is increasing blah blah equations) and thus the instant before reaching c the object will require infinite force to get it to accelerate to a velocity of c which is impossible, so nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. Neat, huh? Now you know why lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier.


Yeah, nice circular logic, bro. Are you aware that theory was designed under the assumption that nothing could travel faster than the speed of light? Grreat proof that is.

That, and it's called the Theory of Relativity. The Theory of relativity. That's all it is, and as common as it is, and as many people believe it to be true, it has no more weight than any theory proposed by any other scientist, regardless of how many stupid people consider it undisputable, ultimate fact.
spoiler

Nmaps.net

Tsukatu wrote:I don't know what it is, squibbles, but my brain keeps inserting "black" into random parts of your posts these days.
I totally just read that as, "I'd hate to be the only black guy stuck using v1.4."


User avatar
Queen of All Spiders
Posts: 4263
Joined: 2008.09.29 (03:54)
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP
Location: Quebec, Canada!
Contact:

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.10.30 (12:54)

Geti wrote:
tl;dr: Don't make assumptions or wide sweeping ignorant statements


Geti wrote: I don't care how hot the kpop stars they listen to are or how uber their micro is
Loathes

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
Posts: 789
Joined: 2008.10.30 (19:35)
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs
Location: In the toilet, flushing down springs, one by one.

Postby 999_Springs » 2010.10.30 (15:09)

[Edit: The first bit of this post was redundant. Tsukatu did a much better job of this...]
Geti wrote:Lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier because anything with mass gains mass as its velocity increases (because E = mc^2, rearranging we get m = E/c^2 where E is increasing (because of the increase in kinetic energy) and therefore mass is increasing blah blah equations) and thus the instant before reaching c the object will require infinite force to get it to accelerate to a velocity of c which is impossible, so nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. Neat, huh? Now you know why lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier.

I thought it went like this. Einstein formulated E=mc²/sqrt(1-v²/c²) where m is the mass an object has when it's at rest. Since m stays constant, as v --> c then the denominator goes to zero and E goes off to infinity. So you can't travel at the speed of light. The m in the E=mc² is supposed to mean relativistic mass (i.e. it changes according to velocity).

Off-topic: 3.3 million views in 11 days!? This video is going to be the internet meme of the decade.
Last edited by 999_Springs on 2010.10.30 (17:36), edited 1 time in total.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.


User avatar
Depressing
Posts: 1977
Joined: 2008.09.26 (06:46)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ
Location: Trenton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Postby Tanner » 2010.10.30 (15:25)

squibbles wrote:
Geti wrote:Lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier because anything with mass gains mass as its velocity increases (because E = mc^2, rearranging we get m = E/c^2 where E is increasing (because of the increase in kinetic energy) and therefore mass is increasing blah blah equations) and thus the instant before reaching c the object will require infinite force to get it to accelerate to a velocity of c which is impossible, so nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. Neat, huh? Now you know why lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier.


Yeah, nice circular logic, bro. Are you aware that theory was designed under the assumption that nothing could travel faster than the speed of light? Grreat proof that is.

That, and it's called the Theory of Relativity. The Theory of relativity. That's all it is, and as common as it is, and as many people believe it to be true, it has no more weight than any theory proposed by any other scientist, regardless of how many stupid people consider it undisputable, ultimate fact.

Suki's gonna kill you when he sees this.
Image
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 1596
Joined: 2008.09.26 (13:10)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/gloomp
MBTI Type: INTP
Location: Troy, New York
Contact:

Postby unoriginal name » 2010.10.30 (16:16)

hairscapades wrote:
squibbles wrote:
Geti wrote:Lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier because anything with mass gains mass as its velocity increases (because E = mc^2, rearranging we get m = E/c^2 where E is increasing (because of the increase in kinetic energy) and therefore mass is increasing blah blah equations) and thus the instant before reaching c the object will require infinite force to get it to accelerate to a velocity of c which is impossible, so nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. Neat, huh? Now you know why lightspeed is seen as a speed barrier.


Yeah, nice circular logic, bro. Are you aware that theory was designed under the assumption that nothing could travel faster than the speed of light? Grreat proof that is.

That, and it's called the Theory of Relativity. The Theory of relativity. That's all it is, and as common as it is, and as many people believe it to be true, it has no more weight than any theory proposed by any other scientist, regardless of how many stupid people consider it undisputable, ultimate fact.

Suki's gonna kill you when he sees this.

I, for one, can hardly wait.
spoiler

[url]slappy-mcgee-blowjob-sandwich[/url]


User avatar
Retrofuturist
Posts: 3131
Joined: 2008.09.19 (06:55)
MBTI Type: ENTP
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.10.30 (17:03)

squibbles wrote:That, and it's called the Theory of Relativity. The Theory of relativity. That's all it is, and as common as it is, and as many people believe it to be true, it has no more weight than any theory proposed by any other scientist, regardless of how many stupid people consider it undisputable, ultimate fact.

Image



Theories are not hypotheses. Theories are not wild fucking guesses. Theories are extremely well-thought out and super-refined explanations based on overwhelming quantities of evidence. Observations become hypotheses become proposals become laws become tested thoroughly and repeatedly for decades by the brightest minds internationally before they come anywhere close to the glorious title of "theory". The theories we hold on to today are easily falsifiable but have never, ever, not a single fucking once, made a prediction which was invalidated. Theories are manifestations of truth. They are so ludicrously close to truth in terms of evidence and predictive and explanatory power that they may as well, for all practical purposes, be fact. What Nobel Prize winners are to illiterate rednecks, so are theories compared to any idea ever spawned in your thick, ignorant fucking skull.

Let's list some theories:
  • Atomic Theory
  • Kinetic-Molecular Theory
  • Cell Theory
  • Germ Theory of Disease
  • Theory of Gravitation
  • Plate Tectonics Theory
  • Electromagnetic Theory

To emphasize that something is a theory is to give it considerable credit, and to make fools out of any who think for a moment that they could know better. Hundreds -- nay, thousands, tens of thousands -- of the brightest minds humanity has ever known have studied these theories and have never been able to find a single flaw in them, for decades in some cases, or centuries in others. To say that it's no better than any other theory serves just as well as to say that lions are but lions, or that gods are but gods.
The fact that you, with nowhere near the qualifications to comprehend a meaningful portion of the Theory of Relativity, feel justified in laying any criticism of it, that you could say something so utterly ignorant without hiding your face and weeping in shame immediately thereafter, is all the evidence any thinking person needs to immediately disqualify your argument, or even you, yourself, from serious consideration.

I want to be very clear that there is considerable difficulty in putting this to you too harshly. This is very difficult to exaggerate. I want you to understand the full gravity of what you have just done.
This is not a minor mistake -- this is not a simple slip-up -- this is a major, world-class, catastrophic fucking disaster for your intellectual reputation. Having said this, you now have a long way to climb until you are to be considered sensible, much less competent. And if you have any shred of humility or sanity, now is the time to step away and reconsider how your rational sense could have failed to such an apocalyptic degree.

Now is when you get to shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups talk, which relative to you is presently just about anyone in this thread, including Drathmoore. Spambots are currently your intellectual superiors.

Now go away. You depress me.

"you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai

"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai




spoiler

Image



User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1318
Joined: 2008.12.04 (01:16)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maxson924
Location: Tampa
Contact:

Postby Rose » 2010.10.30 (17:47)

The Debate Forum Guidelines wrote:Personal attacks are useless and unnecessary, not to mention dickish.


Jeeeeez, people. At least half of the posts in this thread have had one or more statements meant as insults to other members of this community.

Now, more on topic, I do think that saying that backwards time travel is possible because of an old video of someone talking on what might be a cell phone is ludicrous and retarded for many reasons, all of which have been stated by others already. Notice I didn't say that Drathmoore is retarded.

For fuck's sake, can't we all just be nice? :/
Image

User avatar
Queen of All Spiders
Posts: 4263
Joined: 2008.09.29 (03:54)
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP
Location: Quebec, Canada!
Contact:

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.10.30 (18:26)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:
squibbles wrote:That, and it's called the Theory of Relativity. The Theory of relativity. That's all it is, and as common as it is, and as many people believe it to be true, it has no more weight than any theory proposed by any other scientist, regardless of how many stupid people consider it undisputable, ultimate fact.

Image



Theories are not hypotheses. Theories are not wild fucking guesses. Theories are extremely well-thought out and super-refined explanations based on overwhelming quantities of evidence. Observations become hypotheses become proposals become laws become tested thoroughly and repeatedly for decades by the brightest minds internationally before they come anywhere close to the glorious title of "theory". The theories we hold on to today are easily falsifiable but have never, ever, not a single fucking once, made a prediction which was invalidated. Theories are manifestations of truth. They are so ludicrously close to truth in terms of evidence and predictive and explanatory power that they may as well, for all practical purposes, be fact. What Nobel Prize winners are to illiterate rednecks, so are theories compared to any idea ever spawned in your thick, ignorant fucking skull.

Let's list some theories:
  • Atomic Theory
  • Kinetic-Molecular Theory
  • Cell Theory
  • Germ Theory of Disease
  • Theory of Gravitation
  • Plate Tectonics Theory
  • Electromagnetic Theory

To emphasize that something is a theory is to give it considerable credit, and to make fools out of any who think for a moment that they could know better. Hundreds -- nay, thousands, tens of thousands -- of the brightest minds humanity has ever known have studied these theories and have never been able to find a single flaw in them, for decades in some cases, or centuries in others. To say that it's no better than any other theory serves just as well as to say that lions are but lions, or that gods are but gods.
The fact that you, with nowhere near the qualifications to comprehend a meaningful portion of the Theory of Relativity, feel justified in laying any criticism of it, that you could say something so utterly ignorant without hiding your face and weeping in shame immediately thereafter, is all the evidence any thinking person needs to immediately disqualify your argument, or even you, yourself, from serious consideration.

I want to be very clear that there is considerable difficulty in putting this to you too harshly. This is very difficult to exaggerate. I want you to understand the full gravity of what you have just done.
This is not a minor mistake -- this is not a simple slip-up -- this is a major, world-class, catastrophic fucking disaster for your intellectual reputation. Having said this, you now have a long way to climb until you are to be considered sensible, much less competent. And if you have any shred of humility or sanity, now is the time to step away and reconsider how your rational sense could have failed to such an apocalyptic degree.

Now is when you get to shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups talk, which relative to you is presently just about anyone in this thread, including Drathmoore. Spambots are currently your intellectual superiors.

Now go away. You depress me.


Okay, Tsukatu, I am sorry for using the modern parlance of the word 'theory' before. It was clearly a mistake. I did not mean to encourage our more childish of our membership's crazy uhhh... brainhypothese, and have learned my lesson. In the future, I will CTRL+F all of my posts and come up with increasingly ridiculous alternatives, so that hopefully, someday in the future, the MaybeTruth of Evolution can be taught in schools.

Seriously, sorry.
Loathes

"Asked ortsz for a name change"
Posts: 3380
Joined: 2008.11.13 (16:47)

Postby otters~1 » 2010.10.30 (19:52)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:Spambots are currently your intellectual superiors.

Especially the one that's fucking with me in the Entertainment forum right now.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

User avatar
Depressing
Posts: 1977
Joined: 2008.09.26 (06:46)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ
Location: Trenton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Postby Tanner » 2010.10.30 (22:20)

MAXXXON wrote:
The Debate Forum Guidelines wrote:Personal attacks are useless and unnecessary, not to mention dickish.


Jeeeeez, people. At least half of the posts in this thread have had one or more statements meant as insults to other members of this community.

Now, more on topic, I do think that saying that backwards time travel is possible because of an old video of someone talking on what might be a cell phone is ludicrous and retarded for many reasons, all of which have been stated by others already. Notice I didn't say that Drathmoore is retarded.

For fuck's sake, can't we all just be nice? :/

You know, you seem to have a problem with this community in general. See here and here. I really don't appreciate you pontificating at me like this.
Image
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

User avatar
Average Time to Take Breakfast in Equador
Posts: 640
Joined: 2008.09.27 (03:11)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/geti
MBTI Type: ENFJ
Contact:

Postby Geti » 2010.10.30 (22:33)

=w= wrote:[burning me]
Yeah, point conceded. However, disclaiming relativity as retarded (twice) in a thread that's very likely to contain physical conjecture has pretty different ramifications to generalising about how Flash, Jaedong, and company spend their time in the same thread.

@Tsukatu: thanks, you did that in a more eloquent way than I could've.

spoiler

"I'd be happy for a lion if it hunted me down and ate me, but not so happy for it if it locked up me and my family, then forced us to breed so it may devour our offspring." - entwilight <3
How do you know that God didn't intend for humans to be the animals' caretakers? He might be appalled that He gave us these animals to use and we're fucking eating them. - Tsukatu
4th - DDA Speedrunning Contest.
One Hundred Percent Vegetarian


deviantArt Profile - 1BarDesign
God knows if i'm back.

User avatar
Queen of All Spiders
Posts: 4263
Joined: 2008.09.29 (03:54)
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP
Location: Quebec, Canada!
Contact:

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.10.30 (23:14)

hairscapades wrote:
MAXXXON wrote:
The Debate Forum Guidelines wrote:Personal attacks are useless and unnecessary, not to mention dickish.


Jeeeeez, people. At least half of the posts in this thread have had one or more statements meant as insults to other members of this community.

Now, more on topic, I do think that saying that backwards time travel is possible because of an old video of someone talking on what might be a cell phone is ludicrous and retarded for many reasons, all of which have been stated by others already. Notice I didn't say that Drathmoore is retarded.

For fuck's sake, can't we all just be nice? :/

You know, you seem to have a problem with this community in general. See here and here. I really don't appreciate you pontificating at me like this.



Really, he just seems to have a problem with me, but since I and all of my followers (Re: the biggest metacon yet) have decided that my 26000 odd posts are the community, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Loathes

User avatar
Lifer
Posts: 1099
Joined: 2008.09.26 (21:35)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/smartalco
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby smartalco » 2010.10.30 (23:41)

=w= wrote:have decided that my 26000 odd posts are the community

If you do a search on all your posts, you actually only have 3776. I concede that having 22,000 phantom posts does make you pretty awesome though.

Somehow kkstrong ended up with 100,000 extra posts and you have 22,000, so if you take those out we are actually only at around 18,000 posts total on this board (going off the fact that this post is #140214).
Image
Tycho: "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time."
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

User avatar
Queen of All Spiders
Posts: 4263
Joined: 2008.09.29 (03:54)
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP
Location: Quebec, Canada!
Contact:

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.10.31 (00:15)

smartalco wrote:
=w= wrote:have decided that my 26000 odd posts are the community

If you do a search on all your posts, you actually only have 3776. I concede that having 22,000 phantom posts does make you pretty awesome though.

Somehow kkstrong ended up with 100,000 extra posts and you have 22,000, so if you take those out we are actually only at around 18,000 posts total on this board (going off the fact that this post is #140214).


I still think I have the most.
Loathes

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2008.09.19 (12:19)
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy
MBTI Type: ISTJ
Location: Huntington, WV
Contact:

Postby Kablizzy » 2010.10.31 (00:19)

=w= wrote:Really, he just seems to have a problem with me, but since I and all of my followers (Re: the biggest metacon yet) have decided that my 26000 odd posts are the community, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.


Whoops, sorry... There was a bug in the forum somewhere! I've done the favour of recounting your posts for you. It's now accurate! Hooray Hoorah!
Image
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

User avatar
Lifer
Posts: 1099
Joined: 2008.09.26 (21:35)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/smartalco
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby smartalco » 2010.10.31 (00:51)

=w= wrote:I still think I have the most.

For sure. Either that or nearly half of all the posts on this forum were made by a total of 2 people.
Image
Tycho: "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time."
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1318
Joined: 2008.12.04 (01:16)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maxson924
Location: Tampa
Contact:

Postby Rose » 2010.10.31 (00:58)

hairscapades wrote:
MAXXXON wrote:
The Debate Forum Guidelines wrote:Personal attacks are useless and unnecessary, not to mention dickish.


Jeeeeez, people. At least half of the posts in this thread have had one or more statements meant as insults to other members of this community.

Now, more on topic, I do think that saying that backwards time travel is possible because of an old video of someone talking on what might be a cell phone is ludicrous and retarded for many reasons, all of which have been stated by others already. Notice I didn't say that Drathmoore is retarded.

For fuck's sake, can't we all just be nice? :/

You know, you seem to have a problem with this community in general. See here and here. I really don't appreciate you pontificating at me like this.


I do have a problem with mods and admins breaking the rules of the forum they govern, yes.
Image

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2008.09.19 (12:19)
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy
MBTI Type: ISTJ
Location: Huntington, WV
Contact:

Postby Kablizzy » 2010.10.31 (01:06)

MAXXXON wrote:I do have a problem with mods and admins breaking the rules of the forum they govern, yes.


We could change said rules if that'd be better.
Image
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.


Return to “Debate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests