Can you survive the outbreak?

Talk about gaming culture and other aspects of PC and console games and systems.
The Konami Number
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Snuggletummy » 2008.10.02 (01:20)

Survive the Outbreak

Can you survive the outbreak? It's an interactive movie, I'd explain more, but honestly, this is one of those things that you have to look into yourself...sorry guys. Well, all I can say is, it involves zombies... and lots of them.
Cracked.com wrote:All video-game characters are in fact made of cotton candy. This theory, and only this theory, can explain the cat-like hydrophobia shared universally by their kind. How else are we to believe that Frogger, a frog, is killed instantly on contact with water?

Beyond a Perfect Math Score

Postby Luminaflare » 2008.10.02 (01:26)

I just beat it. I found it quite fun.

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2008.10.02 (03:05)

It's enjoyable, but a little bit retarded.
For one thing, half of the outcomes are just random chance, and others just don't make any sense.
Click to show/hide spoiler

When making the choice to go downstairs or outside, you're clearly holding a flashlight, but if you go outside you magically lose the flashlight. To keep the flashlight, you have to go downstairs and then abandon the girl on your way back up... but only if you picked wood! Even though neither the wood option nor the furniture option actually takes place (since both are interrupted), having the audacity to pick Furniture angers Jesus, and he'll prevent you from coming out of the basement no matter how you play your cards.

My first picks:

Leave Him -> Go With Whatsisface -> Damnit
Leave Him -> Stay Here -> Furniture -> Damnit
Leave Him -> Stay Here -> Wood -> Damnit
Save Him -> Stay Here -> Furniture -> Outside -> Damnit
Save Him -> Stay Here -> Furniture -> Basement -> Save Her -> Damnit
Save Him -> Stay Here -> Furniture -> Basement -> Leave Her -> WTF
Save Him -> Stay Here -> Wood -> Basement -> Leave Her -> Woods -> Yay...
Save Him -> Stay Here -> Wood -> Basement -> Leave Her -> Street -> Yay!!

Solution:

Save Him -> Stay Here -> Gather Wood -> Go Downstairs -> Leave Her -> Run For The Woods (not ideal) or Run For The Street (ideal)

[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Can't Touch This
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Triptolemus
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby BNW » 2008.10.02 (03:26)

It was really well thought out and quite fun.

Thanks for the little chart thing Tsukatu.
"I'm going to live forever, or die trying."
Izzy's Personal Forum Dronies winner of "Least Colorful Person"
Sigs!
==---Maestro's---== | Incluye's! | Izzy's! | Be_Happy_:)'s | notkitt's!!
T3chno's! | TMM's! | GTM's! | Sniperwhere's | NicNac14's!! | ---------------Pawz!
toasters | RedSham's! | Jackass's | Why Me's | Gloomp's!

Beyond a Perfect Math Score

Postby Luminaflare » 2008.10.02 (11:37)

Tsukatu wrote:It's enjoyable, but a little bit retarded.
For one thing, half of the outcomes are just random chance, and others just don't make any sense.

When making the choice to go downstairs or outside, you're clearly holding a flashlight, but if you go outside you magically lose the flashlight. To keep the flashlight, you have to go downstairs and then abandon the girl on your way back up... but only if you picked wood! Even though neither the wood option nor the furniture option actually takes place (since both are interrupted), having the audacity to pick Furniture angers Jesus, and he'll prevent you from coming out of the basement no matter how you play your cards.

All you need to know is that the guy is an idiot. If you choose to gather wood he breaks the chair leaving wood on the floor which he uses to beat back the zombie when he leaves her. And the flashlight not coming on thing is because he's too damn stupid to turn it on until he's in the basement. But yeah I agree none of these decisions really follow any logic, for example shooting the guy who has potentially been bitten makes sense. But then in doing that you get yourself killed.