RIFT

Talk about gaming culture and other aspects of PC and console games and systems.
Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2011.02.26 (08:58)

Its my crack. Id say more but those rifts aint gonna close themselves ;).

i know some people play WoW in here, so think of it like this.... its WoW, but better: more choices, more freedom and HUGE events (i just got done closing 4 out of 15 simultaneous death rifts, and then chase down the remaining invasion forces with the rest of the peeps in the area im in.... with like 40-100 allies mind you, all players).

get it. fucking GET IT.

and if you have it put your shard and username here:

Captainko
Stonecrest (PvP

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2011.03.01 (13:34)

really?

not even a "thats just a WoW knockoff"? nothing? a less scripted, more dynamic and unpredictable MMO doesn't peak ANY interest at all?

.... well poo on you all :p

Not So Awesome Blossom
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Vyacheslav » 2011.03.01 (13:40)

We really miss SlappyMcGee.

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2011.03.01 (14:01)

I don't trust any MMOs anymore. I've never had any fun playing MMOs and I've played way too many of them for way too long. I don't trust myself on MMOs anymore.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2011.03.02 (01:00)

Ehh, this community's just circling the drain by this point anyway.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

The Konami Number
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Snuggletummy » 2011.03.02 (04:01)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:Ehh, this community's just circling the drain by this point anyway.
I agree with this man right here. Also, I'd play Rift, but I have a knack with not staying with a MMO for long. Hell, World of Warcraft bores me after like 5 minutes of play.
Cracked.com wrote:All video-game characters are in fact made of cotton candy. This theory, and only this theory, can explain the cat-like hydrophobia shared universally by their kind. How else are we to believe that Frogger, a frog, is killed instantly on contact with water?

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/smartalco
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby smartalco » 2011.03.02 (04:25)

The only MMO that really looks interesting at all to me right now is Guild Wars 2, and that is a ways out yet.
Tycho: "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time."
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2011.03.02 (13:30)

hairscapades wrote:I don't trust any MMOs anymore. I've never had any fun playing MMOs and I've played way too many of them for way too long. I don't trust myself on MMOs anymore.
i also agree with what suki said, as well as this man right here. its.... different from many mmo's in some respects, of course it has the same systems that have been in place for practically every mmo, yet the ai is outstanding and invasions, rift invasions, rifts, and all the different random events and levels of events make it something new every day no matter what area, even the noob area. its a faster paced, more gritty dragon age kinda feel and what gets me is the two factions.... neither one is really the bad guys. there isnt that alliance-hates-the-horde-simply-cuz-theyre-horde but more the guardians fight the defiant because they dont believe in / worship the gods anymore, and how technology was the cause of the rift invasions in the first place. so if you think about it theres really 8 different factions out of the 2 playable ones.

idk, im not an mmo person either but this game.... damn, just everything about it screams epic, and im only level 27 O_o.

Antonio Banderas
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/donfuy
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby Donfuy » 2011.03.21 (13:19)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:Ehh, this community's just circling the drain by this point anyway.
orly no way

topic: I'm also sick of MMO's. I generally find them too boring.

The number of seats in an Airbus A380
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/slayr

Postby Slayr » 2011.04.12 (20:36)

Played the free trial event on the weekend.It was amazing. The rifts mix it up and give you something to do when trudging across large areas for a quest, the grouping systems for the rifts is effective and easy to use as well. I really enjoyed it. I'm leaning towards buying it but there are a couple questions I've sent to Trion I want answered first.

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2011.04.16 (12:04)

what shard are you in?

The number of seats in an Airbus A380
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/slayr

Postby Slayr » 2011.04.17 (01:57)

Epoch
My name is Silchas
EDIT: Apparently I'm not authorized to play anymore although it's the 17th and the free time thing goes to the 18th and I was playing yesterday, but whatever. I doubt I'll buy it.
EDIT: I'm allowed to play now
Shatterbone (shard)
Ammanas (user)

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2011.04.23 (01:29)

if you can (or want to) make a character in stonecrest.