The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Talk about gaming culture and other aspects of PC and console games and systems.
Doublemember
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/RAVENCLAW99
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Ravenclaw » 2011.11.22 (04:58)

I can't seriously be the only who cares about this game. Did anyone else tediously count down to 11/11/11? The game certainly doesn't disappoint, only thing that bothers me is how much they nerfed Skooma.
<smartalco> man, you have just been accelerated to a whole new level of awesome, raven
<Luminaflare> In my opinion all of life's problems can be solved with missiles, if the problem isn't solved you're not using enough missiles.

On the Psychic Highway
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/apakenua

Postby Apakenua » 2011.11.24 (13:16)

Never played Skyrim, but I have many friends who do.
What's a signature?

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2011.11.24 (21:31)

I've been watching people play it in the commons; it's beautiful.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

Legacy Elite
Legacy Elite
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby Brocerius » 2012.01.12 (08:13)

Too freaking easy. Is that a necessary prerequisite for popularity? I'm playing as a mage, and I've overclocked magika so much that I simply cant use it any more. I just use bow now, and its still pretty simple. If I ever get close to dying I whip out the dual-flames and everything in the vicinity dies... :(

I might do what I did in Oblivion: hand to hand, no armour. That was fun.

Also, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many unkillable characters. Part of the beauty of Bethesda games in the past is the openness of the gameplay. I feel like Skyrim is far too linear, even though they have done their best to make it seem as open and variable as ever. In ES:IV and Fallout 3 I never even bothered to play the main quest, at least not until I felt I had exhausted everything else. I feel obliged in Skyrim: so many of the features, like shouts, require you to play through at least a part of it.

Having said that, it is a beautiful, wondrous, magical game and I thoroughly enjoy running through the world massacring giants. Dont get me wrong.
-----=======Doubtlessly Dastardly=======-----

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2012.05.31 (14:46)

[quote]The game certainly doesn't disappoint, only thing that bothers me is how much they nerfed Skooma.[/quote]

not for me, vampirism is the biggest letdown for me. its not even worth it anymore!! oh and if you feel overpowered just get the Deadly Dragons mod, not only does it make the dragons harder (and adds a dozen new ones) it also makes the beasties harder. also id get warzones and if you want i can send you WiS (wars in skyrim, another overhaul for harder enemies)