N on Wikipedia

Talk about the classic version of Metanet Software's amazingly popular freeware platformer right here!
"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2010.11.21 (21:55)

Here.

I was just wondering who wrote all this.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.11.21 (21:57)

[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2010.11.21 (22:49)

I'm not sure what you mean by this topic. Of course N has a Wikipedia article, it was one of the biggest things on the internet about five years ago.
feline disrespect from behind

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2010.11.22 (03:28)

Molar-fucking thorax wrote:I was just wondering who wrote all this.
I don't think you understand how Wikipedia works. As your tutor I must say I am disappointed.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

Postby otters~1 » 2010.11.24 (23:21)

Physics Controversy

Metanet have stated that the new version of N would slightly alter the physics in an attempt to eradicate numerous bugs that currently exist in N 1.4. Predictably, changing the physics would completely break all previous demos and highscores. To counter this problem, a 'classic mode' has been suggested in order to preserve existing highscores runs and this idea has been seen as a favorable compromise for most players. The news of a physics update generated mixed responses from the community and highscorers at large who were going to lose years of hard work if not preserved. Every single player would also have to redo all levels in 1.5 version if they wanted to appear on the new highscore boards. This dilemma hasn't fully been resolved yet, but Metanet suggested doing a 1.5 version without any physics changes, and then a 2.0 version with all the changes.

Another controversial suggestion was the fixing of most of the bugs which have polarized the community, since most players and highscorers have adapted to these 'bugs' and don't consider them as a hindrance on the game. These 'bugs' include corner jumps, double & triple jumps on bounceblocks, and jumping up through one ways. Most of the players, (mainly the highscorers) think N would lose a lot of fun and challenge if these things were eradicated from the game and also believe that they are an element of the game now, and shouldn't be removed.
Should have been more specific. This is the section I was most thinking of. Obviously the rest of the article could have been written by anyone, but this part mirrors our global'd thread.

Thanks, Tsukatu, didn't know I could look that up.

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.11.24 (23:30)

Molar-fucking thorax wrote:Thanks, Tsukatu, didn't know I could look that up.
o_o
peking wrote:
Molar-fucking thorax wrote:I was just wondering who wrote all this.
I don't think you understand how Wikipedia works. As your tutor I must say I am disappointed.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Postby otters~1 » 2010.11.25 (01:31)

Yeah, I've rarely if ever had the occasion to edit a Wikipedia page (or view the history). I don't actually spend too much time there. Shocking.

These Go Up to 11

Postby BBBB » 2010.12.30 (06:40)

Inaccurate... it says there are 3 keys left right and jump but it forgot suicide... how horrible is wikipedia

Postby francesy » 2011.05.04 (10:46)

How can I start a wiki with my own domain name that looks and functions similarly to wikipedia? I am looking to start a wiki on the home buying process with how-tos, industry terms, etc. I like the look and layout of wikipedia, and I know how to use that. Any ideas?

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2011.05.04 (13:39)

That is, indeed, a bot. Impressive!
feline disrespect from behind