Is this a bug?

Talk about the classic version of Metanet Software's amazingly popular freeware platformer right here!
The Loneliest Number

Postby Xband » 2011.05.07 (17:18)

I think I've found a bug in N v_1.4. I set practice mode on ON for practicing mines path 3. I forgot to set it OFF. I went to another level to make my highscore better. I made it better (at least it said, new personal best). I went to another, I finished also that one faster (at least it said, new personal best). When I went back to user levels I saw that the new highscores are too good to be true... One had 182.00 (The Crazy Miner) the other had 90.00 (user level Flower). So that's impossible. I watched the replay and the time was not the time that in the little box stood. I deleted the maps from user level.txt to fix it and then I put them back there again. But that didn't work.

I can't improve my personal bests on that two maps because of this 'little' thing. Any ideas how to fix it? I finished crazy miner with a better time (but still, it's irritating me that the box says 182 secs while the real time is 142.475), but flower with a worse time... And it's saved... forever? Please help me :)

Bacardi
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Meta_Ing
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby Meta Ing » 2011.05.09 (01:40)

Try this:

Edit the map, delete any random object other than the ninja or the last object that appears (i.e. the last object in the map data), and then replace it.

For reference; how to edit a map:

1. Copy the raw data from the map: (if you are extracting it from the userlevels.txt, that is the part in green) $MAP_NAME#AUTHOR#DESCRIPTION#MAP_DATA#

2. Go to the debug menu / map editor by pressing either ` ~ or \ |, paste the map data you copied into the top box, and then press L to load the map.*

3. Press E to go into edit mode, press insert to enter object editing mode, and then use the key provided to delete and insert an object.*

*These steps might be different if you are using a mac.
Quotes (Click to open):

Izzy and TRO - #n-highscores: <@Izzy> Where'd those frames come from? | <TRO> meta's ninja runs faster | <@Izzy> He stole TFK'S?!
Life247 - #n-highscores: Grrr, you're too perfect Meta.
Pryocheese - this map: of course you'd figure out how to cheat anti-cheat methods
Kablizzy: Click
kkstrong: I fully expect him to sig that.

TOO BAD!

AKA Xsczo on n++, discord, and twitch

Lords a-Leaping

Postby r4v3n » 2011.05.15 (00:35)

Check fr NaN'd objects. (Shouldn't effect it, but whatever.)