Wanderer in the Sea of Fog

Discuss N mapping theory, N maps, and other aspects of map-making.

Moderators: PALEMOON,  yahoozy

"Asked ortsz for a name change"
Posts: 3380
Joined: 2008.11.13 (16:47)

Postby otters~1 » 2010.01.14 (17:44)

Reminds me of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Coleridge. Blast an albatross.

I'm really loving the potential here, once you work out the kinks.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

User avatar
Walking on Broken Glass
Posts: 234
Joined: 2008.10.17 (21:25)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/hoohah2x2sday
Location: In your bedroom closet

Postby Hoohah2x2sday » 2010.01.17 (00:44)

Blackson wrote:It would be cool if you got a small team of people together to make a mappack with this concept. I dunno how specifically how it would work, but somehow find a way to thread the levels in such a way that the next level depends on your current one, so there's a bunch of different ways to go through the pack. Say you fork off in a different level completion direction, and then go through an exit and end up at another map.

(I have this idea vivid in my head, and could probably translate it into an incoherent mess on graph paper, but otherwise you're stuck with this terribly worded post for now)


That sounds amazingly awesome. If something like that ever gets off the ground, let me know.
Image
Friend Codes

Wii: 8621-9472-7857-7226
CoD WaW: 1633-8997-2496
SSBB: 2835-9815-6521
Guitar Hero 3: 3909-8090-0912
Guitar Hero World Tour: 1204-2586-5555
Guitar Hero Metallica: 4125-1367-1917
Message me if you add me so I can add you!


User avatar
The Dreamster Teamster
Posts: 79
Joined: 2008.11.18 (16:28)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/brainstone

Postby Brainstone » 2010.01.23 (23:03)

Let me know too, please. I think I have some experience with long, adventorous, storytelling maps. My whole mappack is made out of these. Horribly hidden advertisement.
I otherwise just would like to make some maps in these pack.
Image

Image

Doublemember
Posts: 63
Joined: 2010.04.16 (13:06)

Postby formica » 2010.04.22 (14:27)

Amazing idea which has to be resurrected, y/y?

User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1318
Joined: 2008.12.04 (01:16)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maxson924
Location: Tampa
Contact:

Postby Rose » 2010.04.22 (19:06)

This is so cool. I'm in once I finish something else on which I'm working. This isn't in pack form yet, right? Because knowing me, I'll get obsessed with this for a while, then get bored, then start back up again; I don't want any pressure to produce maps on a consistent basis :p
Image

User avatar
Average Time to Take Breakfast in Equador
Posts: 651
Joined: 2008.10.02 (00:03)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rocket_thumped
MBTI Type: INFP
Contact:

Postby rocket_thumped » 2010.04.23 (03:07)

This is still going, formica. Just make a map for it.
Image

If you don't know what you're doing, you're doing it right.

Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 1596
Joined: 2008.09.26 (13:10)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/gloomp
MBTI Type: INTP
Location: Troy, New York
Contact:

Postby unoriginal name » 2010.04.30 (06:08)

maxson924 wrote:This is so cool. I'm in once I finish something else on which I'm working. This isn't in pack form yet, right? Because knowing me, I'll get obsessed with this for a while, then get bored, then start back up again; I don't want any pressure to produce maps on a consistent basis :p

It isn't in pack form because I've thought of no way it'd really work in pack form. If someone were able to realize Blackson's vision, this would be in pack form faster than a buttered hummingbird.
spoiler

[url]slappy-mcgee-blowjob-sandwich[/url]


User avatar
Average Time to Take Breakfast in Equador
Posts: 651
Joined: 2008.10.02 (00:03)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rocket_thumped
MBTI Type: INFP
Contact:

Postby rocket_thumped » 2010.04.30 (06:18)

xVxCrushloaderusSupremusxVx wrote:
maxson924 wrote:This is so cool. I'm in once I finish something else on which I'm working. This isn't in pack form yet, right? Because knowing me, I'll get obsessed with this for a while, then get bored, then start back up again; I don't want any pressure to produce maps on a consistent basis :p

It isn't in pack form because I've thought of no way it'd really work in pack form. If someone were able to realize Blackson's vision, this would be in pack form faster than a buttered hummingbird.


A bunch of us tried something like what blackson was talking about. It was Sendy, Yahoozy, lord_day, atob, Evil_Bob, and me. Anyways, it became a pain in the ass so we all did our own shit. atob's portion became sunshinescience I think, Evil_Bob released a pack, yahoozy's portion became false ending, lord_day's became the complimentary column? I'm not sure, and mine became changing faces.
Image

If you don't know what you're doing, you're doing it right.

Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 1596
Joined: 2008.09.26 (13:10)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/gloomp
MBTI Type: INTP
Location: Troy, New York
Contact:

Postby unoriginal name » 2010.04.30 (22:33)

rocket_thumped wrote:
xVxCrushloaderusSupremusxVx wrote:
maxson924 wrote:This is so cool. I'm in once I finish something else on which I'm working. This isn't in pack form yet, right? Because knowing me, I'll get obsessed with this for a while, then get bored, then start back up again; I don't want any pressure to produce maps on a consistent basis :p

It isn't in pack form because I've thought of no way it'd really work in pack form. If someone were able to realize Blackson's vision, this would be in pack form faster than a buttered hummingbird.


A bunch of us tried something like what blackson was talking about. It was Sendy, Yahoozy, lord_day, atob, Evil_Bob, and me. Anyways, it became a pain in the ass so we all did our own shit. atob's portion became sunshinescience I think, Evil_Bob released a pack, yahoozy's portion became false ending, lord_day's became the complimentary column? I'm not sure, and mine became changing faces.

Oh, really, that's what that was? Damn, I wish it'd worked out.

spoiler

[url]slappy-mcgee-blowjob-sandwich[/url]



User avatar
Yet Another Harshad
Posts: 463
Joined: 2008.09.26 (13:23)
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/lord_day
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby lord_day » 2010.05.09 (14:11)

rocket_thumped wrote:lord_day's became the complimentary column?

Oh man. Bonus pack is definitely being called the Complimentary Column.

The levels that weren't used in the pack we made went more to NUMA and other things than the Continued Column.
Image


Return to “Mapping”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests