NReality Gauss Bug of lagging.

Are you a rad N player or want to put some rad N players to the test? Talk about your skills and challenge each other at N in this forum.

Moderators: EddyMataGallos, TheRealOne

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2011.06.18 (05:40)

999_Springs wrote:looks like this level renders differently on metanet than on nreality.

in particular: note danield9tqh's metanet (and nreality) 3rd, it runs well on nreality v6d4, but the run is broken on v1.4 - the gauss turret looks like it's been timed slightly differently, which kills the run. there were a few posts about it

also, a more subtle point: i was reviewing my old episode highscores for nostalgia's sake, and episode 45 is one of the few remaining highscores that i still have from v4 (ie: 2007 or 2008-ish). if you view that episode on both v1.4 and v6d4, after 45-0 the timer is on 65.35 seconds, and after 45-1 the timer is on 59.725 seconds. (yeah, i was really bad at this game four years ago :/ ) now when i view it on nreality v6d4 the framecount at top left for 45-1 says 544f, but to get from 65.35 to 59.725 while getting 4 pieces of gold needs 40*(65.35-59.725)+80*4 = 545 frames, so i have no idea where the extra frame comes from.

this extra frame means that the final score for the episode, if you view it entirely, is 50.0, and not 50.025 as shown in highscores mode.

however, this 0.025 second discrepancy is evident on BOTH v1.4 AND v6d4, so since i did this run on v1.4, it looks like maybe it's a problem with v1.4 after all.

can you provide insight on this? any reason why daniel's run doesn't work on v1.4? and where might the extra frame come from?
I found that danield9tqh's run died at N_Reality_v6c.exe, but he survived at N_Reality_v6c2.exe with transparent update.

It looks like the drone mod has made Gauss lagged a little bit, and I have no idea how to fix that yet. :(

I hope that this isn't a disaster to the highscores community :( I apologize for this bug which may piss off some highscorers.

Beyond a Perfect Math Score
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Nexx
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Nexx » 2011.08.17 (19:11)

Unreality wrote:It looks like the drone mod has made Gauss lagged a little bit, and I have no idea how to fix that yet. :(

I hope that this isn't a disaster to the highscores community :( I apologize for this bug which may piss off some highscorers.
Huh. Well that's an unfortunate discovery.

But it's alright Unreality, we still love you! <3

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby ska » 2011.08.18 (06:41)

Honestly, it's such a minute bug in contrast to the plethora of bugs found in 1.4 I'm surprised such glitches were not compounded in some way through modding the game. For what it's worth, your contribution to N has basically transcended the original game itself and breathed new life into an otherwise stagnant and cheatable game.
Last edited by ska on 2011.08.19 (06:38), edited 1 time in total.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/therealone

Postby TheRealOne » 2011.08.18 (16:01)

ska wrote:Honestly, it's such a minute bug in contrast to the plethora of bugs found in 1.4 I'm surprised such glitches were not compounded in some way through modding the game. For what it's worth, you contribution to N has basically transcended the original game itself and breathed new life into an otherwise stagnant and cheatable game.
QFT

If only M&R would give me access over the highscore database. I would only delete the run that are in fact impossible hacked scores. All of KryX's, L3X's runs... etc. Would stay for the sake of fairness. If M&R trusted Unreality enough to let his game access their servers, and he trust me to have access to his server, why wouldn't they trust me. Frankly there are so little people that would actually care that I had access and all of them are right here and trust me...

If I were to delete all of the hacked scores on the boards that would free up over 3,000 spots. That is over a quarter of all possible highscores...
<@Izzy> Holy balls, sweet run.
<@gloomp> Holy sweet, balls run.
<@Izzy> Sweet, balls run holy.
<@gloomp> Run sweet, balls holy.
<@Izzy> Sweet run, ballsy hole.
<@gloomp> All's sweet, holeb run.
<@Izzy> Ballsy nun, sweet mole.

<@Kool> bro no joke, I saw the sexiest swedish chick giving herself anal on one of those pop-up alarm-clocks at my uncle's house

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2011.08.19 (02:34)

TheRealOne wrote:If M&R trusted Unreality enough to let his game access their servers
They never trust me. My game hasn't got any privilege in accessing their servers. My game loads the highscores like NHigh loads the highscores.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/therealone

Postby TheRealOne » 2011.08.19 (04:05)

Unreality wrote:
TheRealOne wrote:If M&R trusted Unreality enough to let his game access their servers
They never trust me. My game hasn't got any privilege in accessing their servers. My game loads the highscores like NHigh loads the highscores.
I had miss remembered. I went back and dig some digging on the old forums, (which by the way, why the fuck don't we still use those? Did M&R just not want to pay for them anymore? They looked much better and most importantly they had a relevant URL, the major down fall to the lack of new community members.) And I found out that originally you had the demo data for the Nreality highscores saved on their server and they asked you not to do that. All they did was didn't care if you redistributed a freeware game...)

Either way you slice it. They should just let me delete the fucking scores. It is absolutely ridiculous. I could give a list of the all of the player names to just delete and they can do a mass delete it would take all of 30 seconds. I don't even have to touch anything on their servers.
<@Izzy> Holy balls, sweet run.
<@gloomp> Holy sweet, balls run.
<@Izzy> Sweet, balls run holy.
<@gloomp> Run sweet, balls holy.
<@Izzy> Sweet run, ballsy hole.
<@gloomp> All's sweet, holeb run.
<@Izzy> Ballsy nun, sweet mole.

<@Kool> bro no joke, I saw the sexiest swedish chick giving herself anal on one of those pop-up alarm-clocks at my uncle's house

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby ska » 2011.08.19 (06:43)

It is clear to me that Mare and Raigan have lost touch with the community entirely.

AT LONG LAST THEY DID SOMETHING!