Shortest-lasting NReality 0th?

Are you a rad N player or want to put some rad N players to the test? Talk about your skills and challenge each other at N in this forum.

Moderators: EddyMataGallos, TheRealOne

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2009.03.27 (17:21)

darkshadow wrote:First, that wasn't really a 0th since xaelar and others had non-legit mode runs that were much faster as opposed to any speedruns I might have taken from you bring us to...
Second, remember that whenever you get a 0th that isn't super clean, especially when it's an innovation 0th, it's quite likely that it will be taken again, whether by me or someone else, because you just showed that there's room for improvement.
Third, I do understand how annoying it is when the same person takes a bunch of your 0ths however, you're not the only one, I remember one time when xaelar took 8 speedrun 0ths in a row and 7 of them were taken off me and when this happens it's nothing personal. In that case it was because I got those 0ths through innovation which meant there was plenty of room for xaelar to clean them up. In your case it was because I generally check out most new 0ths and if it shows that my current run has room for improvement or if it looks like I can take 0th I'll give it a try.
I'll also mention that It's not like I took all 7 of your first 0ths unlike a certain highscorer did to my metanet 0ths (and after being annoyed about it for a short bit I would always enjoy seeing how he managed to use my innovations)
Anyway, retaken by 0.6 seconds and I'm counting the seconds it lasts on my watch. That level was so evil. There are too many corners on that level to accidentally hit and wreck a good demo.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

Jedi Pimp
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby Raif » 2009.04.16 (17:48)

0 seconds. Now thats an unbeatable record.
Attachments
Untitled.png

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/xaelar

Postby xaelar » 2009.04.16 (20:49)

And what if you submitted first? Then you wouldn't have beaten him. Then he just got close to you after you submitted :D
Thx to usaswim for this awesome signature!

Life Time Achievement Award

Postby darkshadow » 2009.04.16 (22:50)

Still he should be able to tell by checking on the n-reality website since it will show either 0th->1st or just 1st.
Numerous ex-0ths (xaaaaeeeelaaaar!), over 300 top-20s and a 19+ hour total score.
Unreality's awesome mod
You are an innovator at least as good as Lim ;D - xaelar

Yet Another Harshad

Postby xaelar » 2009.04.17 (01:04)

It can't be checked because M_I improved :D

Postby 999_Springs » 2009.04.26 (16:57)

Recently Unreality and I have been doing numerous highscore battles with each other on certain levels in NReality. Unfortunately, I can only do weekends now because of stupid exams...

51 minutes 58 seconds on 196-2. Probably the shortest of recent times on the in-game levels.
[edit]
Then Unreality retakes it in 22:35.
Achievements:

106 N v1.4 highscores.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(

Postby 999_Springs » 2009.05.02 (13:45)

darkshadow wrote:Third, I do understand how annoying it is when the same person takes a bunch of your 0ths however, you're not the only one, I remember one time when xaelar took 8 speedrun 0ths in a row and 7 of them were taken off me and when this happens it's nothing personal. In that case it was because I got those 0ths through innovation which meant there was plenty of room for xaelar to clean them up. In your case it was because I generally check out most new 0ths and if it shows that my current run has room for improvement or if it looks like I can take 0th I'll give it a try.
I re-read that and I'm still trying to work out what it means in terms of Unreality doing this to my 0ths:
Unreality being annoying.PNG
Unreality only has 15 0ths, and 9 of them were taken from me within 27 hours. Oh what a coincidence that they were generally in order of episode number. He seems to be going through the list of all the 0ths I have, and viewing them one by one in order, and stealing what he can. The tell-tale signs are clear. My view count increased from 130 to 180 in two days, and they were all on my 0ths (if you can call them that). Now the thing is that Unreality told me (in a PM) that I should be able to take back them easily, which sort-of defies the point of stealing 0ths; but, as can have been expected, whenever I do that, he obviously steals them back again. I don't know why he spends so much time taking 0ths (only from me) and then waiting for me to retake and then retaking them again. This very eccentric behaviour from him seems to be way outside your explanation about 0th stealing.
Achievements:

106 N v1.4 highscores.

Postby darkshadow » 2009.05.02 (17:11)

I'm not going to say this necessarily is the explanation for this particular case (which may well fall outside of the usual explanations) but one possibility is that unreality realized that most of your 0ths are on levels that are still far away from the true 0th score and that means that looking at your 0ths is a good indication of levels that should be fairly easy to take the 0th on. Of course this doesn't explain going back to retake them afterwords so it may just be unreality having some fun with you.
Numerous ex-0ths (xaaaaeeeelaaaar!), over 300 top-20s and a 19+ hour total score.
Unreality's awesome mod

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.03 (08:26)

Um.. let me tell you the whole event..

It's all begin with the "Legit Mode". I'm still regretting the day that I erased all non-legit demos.

For me I very much wish every level in legit modes are flooded with good/perfect runs, so that players are willing to use legit mode and forget about the spammed old metanet score board which M&R never bothered to maintain it again.

my hope kinda relies on xaelar :p but it seems that xaelar doesn't play as much ep 100+. And he doesn't use legit mode I guess.

So in an effort to make the legit mode 0ths' scores more closer to non-legit mode 0ths score, I think I should pick some underplayed levels and highscored them.

I suck at N, I believe most players know that. So I started picking those which has large score gap between legit and non legit 0ths. 143-2 being my first one. I also want to beat kkstrong score on this one ;p
The next is then the 113-1 which I take during I play ep 113

And then I randomly clicked a level, oh 195-4, the score of Mr_Lim is so much higher than the legit 0th which has so many missed golds, so I decide to try it and got it. At that time I don't even really notice 999_springs is the one who has the 0th.

And then I take 196-2, which is NOT a legit 0th of 999_springs (he stated wrongly in the pic.) it's Analu legit 0th. This level is "super underplayed" at that time

Then I found that 999_springs took back the 195-4, we combat at 195-4 a few times and then 999_spring even took my 196-2.

I'm happy that I finally found someone really do care about legit 0ths. I don't really care whether I get 0ths or not, I care more about whether the legit 0th demo is being good or not. I do hope the legit scoreboards filled fully with great runs.

But on the other hand, whenever 999_springs takes a 0th, he doesn't really perfect his run. Many of his runs have piles of gold missed and left behind.

999_springs has much better skill than me. Some of his 0ths... I will never able to tie.
I kinda want to push him to submit better demos on those non-perfect 0ths.

like 102-4, his 0th have like 7 golds left. 178-1 two missed gold (now he improved to 1 missed gold). I think, come on, you can do better, do much better with your skill.

I kinda believe that if he keeps leaving missed gold 0ths runs... then his runs will still be beaten by someone at some days.

But if he is willing to "perfect" his runs if I 'stimulate' him, then I'm ready to go for it, until he made a run that I can't beat (simply because his skill is really better than mine). I thought this is just a 'healthy' competitive act. Hasn't really thought about the word "steal". If I want to "steal" I won't pm him about mine taking his 0ths

so 999_springs now you know my intention. I don't really want to mess the relationship. And I am sorry if I have made you feel annoyed

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ToeFaceKiller
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby ToeFaceKiller » 2009.05.03 (16:13)

999_Springs wrote:Now the thing is that Unreality told me (in a PM) that I should be able to take back them easily, which sort-of defies the point of stealing 0ths; but, as can have been expected, whenever I do that, he obviously steals them back again. I don't know why he spends so much time taking 0ths (only from me) and then waiting for me to retake and then retaking them again. This very eccentric behaviour from him seems to be way outside your explanation about 0th stealing.
Man, that's called competition! That's what highscoring is all about! Most highscorers love it because, as unreality said, it pushes whoever is competing to get their runs much closer to perfection then they would have. That's why people post innovations they find on here, they want people to perfect it and make a sweet run out of it. Like it or not, it's the name of the game, springs (=

Postby 999_Springs » 2009.05.03 (18:29)

ToeFaceKiller wrote:Most highscorers love it because, as unreality said, it pushes whoever is competing to get their runs much closer to perfection than they would have.
But those (like me), who don't have anywhere near as much time to play N as some of you, will definitely have to take short-cuts somewhere. That's how I pick the levels to get my 0ths - and the same reason why I can't be bothered to perfect my runs on some of my 0ths. It's all a short-cut to getting thirty-one 0ths in whatever time I have - quick and easily improveable.
Unreality wrote:But if he is willing to "perfect" his runs if I 'stimulate' him,
It all goes back to the question of how much time I have. When I re-retook 195-4 it took me 50 minutes. When I viewed your run on 195-4 I thought that it's the sort of thing that would take me about 80 minutes to retake. From the score times on n.infunity.com it seems to me that 80 minutes is nothing to you, but I have exams coming up (and I am never really motivated to get up before 11am on weekends) so that level will have to wait until last when I come to re-re-retake.
But your stimulation does work on some other levels, though. Some of my 0ths are really, really old and I haven't spent as much time on them as if I were properly focused on getting a good run.
Unreality wrote:so 999_springs now you know my intention.
Ah, I see. (But I think that the reason why some levels have huge gaps between non-legit and legit 0ths is because those with good non-legit runs don't want to do the level again on legit mode because it will overwrite a good score with a not-so-good one.) I'm sorry that I referred to your taking my 0ths as stealing. But what hit me the hardest about what you did was the magnitude of your damage to my 0ths. If we include retakes, then you've taken my 0ths three more times than every single one of the 6.6 billion other people in the world put together! (It's 17 compared to 14.) So I'm not really used to this sort of thing happening.
Unreality wrote:999_springs has much better skill than me.
Thanks!
I actually think that some of your 0ths are completely outside of my range. Like 143-2. Mines, gauss turrets, and slopes. Horrible combination. Oh, and your 58-1.
Achievements:

106 N v1.4 highscores.

Postby darkshadow » 2009.05.03 (20:01)

I'd actually been thinking for a while about trying to start a concerted effort of non-xaelar (xaelar put so much effort into his original runs that we can't expect him to redo it) highscores attempting to improve the 100+ level scores. Maybe it would make sense for someone to start a competition similar to the take a 0th off xaelar week except instead just take a non-legit 100+ 0th week.
Unreality's awesome mod

Yet Another Harshad

Postby xaelar » 2009.05.03 (20:56)

Unreality wrote:my hope kinda relies on xaelar :p but it seems that xaelar doesn't play as much ep 100+. And he doesn't use legit mode I guess.
Yep. Legit mode is useless when you want to take 0-99 non legit 0ths :D But NReality also submits my runs in legit mode so there is no need to turn it on.

Hm I didn't think 100-199 were that important to you Unreality ;) 145-0 ;D

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.04 (01:16)

999_Springs wrote:When I re-retook 195-4 it took me 50 minutes. When I viewed your run on 195-4 I thought that it's the sort of thing that would take me about 80 minutes to retake.
I think if you get those 3 missed gold that I missed, then you will pass my score easily. At my skill level I can't get those 3 golds yet, but you probably able to do it.
There's some jumps that you can make but I will probably need forever to do. Like your last jump at 133-2, I still can't figure out how you can jump that high to get the last 2 golds
999_Springs wrote:
Unreality wrote:999_springs has much better skill than me.
Thanks!
I actually think that some of your 0ths are completely outside of my range. Like 143-2. Mines, gauss turrets, and slopes. Horrible combination. Oh, and your 58-1.
For 143-2, the first 30 minutes it's like hell, but after that you know it's do-able. Try it after your exam and you will know :p
58-1...... one of my earliest 0th attempt several years ago.. but I never able to get a non-legit 0th of it. I have spent like.... 6+ hours on it in all these years.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2014.11.23 (01:54)

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but hey, its not that we are exuding activity anyways.

I just found this old pic taken 4 years ago. 1 min 35 secs, I bet this was the shortest-lasting 0th ever. Interestingly, from the OP:

We had been battling that 178-2 (legit mode) 0th the previous day. I happened to notice his move as soon as he submitted it, went to try the level, and got it in like a couple tries. All luck obviously, but still pretty hilarious xD

That 0th of myself wasn't particularly long lived either, he then came and retook it the same day too :P
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/golfkid

Postby golf » 2014.11.23 (02:46)

EddyMataGallos wrote:I just found this old pic taken 4 years ago. 1 min 35 secs, I bet this was the shortest-lasting 0th ever. Interestingly, from the OP:

Hey, that was my 0th once upon a time! Think that's a record that would be pretty hard to beat. Maybe its happened during a IRC battle though, hard telling and I don't think we'd have any proof of that.

Also, look at that cute little 66 second score on 83-3 :)
[16:24] <@golfkid> I'm pretty sure I will literally scream if I die on the last column of 78-4 at this point
[16:25] <trance> Oh, yeah. That level.
[16:29] <@golfkid> lol
[16:30] <@golfkid> It looks so simple
[16:30] <@golfkid> But it says "NO! I will rape your sanity!"
spoiler

My Accomplishments:
Completed N; Completed Nreality on 4/11/08
598 top 20 scores in N 1.4 as of 6/28/14 (498 level scores, 100 episode scores, 2nd position in top 20 rankings); reached 100 on 12/14/2008; 300 (half of all possible :D) on 11/9/2009; 400 on 12/2/2011; max of 598 on 2/3/2013; tied for 0th in top 20 rankings on 2/26-27/13

4 current v1.4 0ths (9th position in 0th rankings); First v1.4 0th: 63-3 at 1:20 pm, 3/24/2008

current level score: 71079.200 (6th position all time); 60k seconds on v1.4 6/17/08; 12th to 70k at 11:30pm EST, 12/24/2011; 6th to 71k at 5:50 pm EST, 9/29/2012

current episode score: 34276.650 (4th position all time); 100k seconds total level score (Metanet and NReality) on 2/4/08

participation and contest winner images

[quote="ska on my 129-1 innovation"]I thought about that but couldn't chimeny fast enough when trying. Congrats[/quote]

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2014.11.23 (02:53)

golf wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:I just found this old pic taken 4 years ago. 1 min 35 secs, I bet this was the shortest-lasting 0th ever. Interestingly, from the OP:

Hey, that was my 0th once upon a time! Think that's a record that would be pretty hard to beat. Maybe its happened during a IRC battle though, hard telling and I don't think we'd have any proof of that.

Also, look at that cute little 66 second score on 83-3 :)
Haha yeah, ahh the old days...
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Postby 999_Springs » 2014.12.03 (22:30)

thanks for reminding me of all my cringe-worthy posts that i wrote when i was 15 and now it hurts me to read through them again *shudder*

but seriously that's hard to beat
Achievements:

106 N v1.4 highscores.