::BLUR 4:: WINNERS :: romaniac && Arctic_Pony + report

Are you a rad N player or want to put some rad N players to the test? Talk about your skills and challenge each other at N in this forum.

Moderators: EddyMataGallos, TheRealOne

Did you enjoy this thing?

Yes
68%
No
No votes
I like hamsters
18%
I like eagles
14%

Total votes: 22

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/vankusss

Postby vankusss » 2010.08.09 (09:52)

:: WINNERS ::
romaniac - highscore
Arctic_Pony - speedrun
Final words - Page 16 of this thread
Highscores spider chart thing: (thx to ska for both)

Speedrun spider chart thing:
:: [ BLUR ] :: [ SEASON 4] ::

Welcome to Season 4 of BLUR competition. Sadly, I don't have any permission from Hendor to run it, so I'll just hope he won't get angry or something, since it's his concept :).

There are few changes in comparison to BLUR 3 such as reduction of simultaneous competitions, so read the rules, please.

I'm running this because from my point of view, N is dieying, so if you can control your keyboard, JOIN. Also tell your friends, relatives, grandmothers, employees, employers, taxi drivers. Just notify everyone, it will (hopefully) be fun.

Also this might be the next to the last competition in current version of N before 1.5 release, so don't miss the opportunity.

To notify you in advance, I'll be playing, too. Because I'm doing it also for myself, I want to play something with competition. I might have a little advantage, though, I'll know which maps are going to be played like 1 day sooner. If anyone has problem with it, please say it in your registration post, if more than 50% of all contestans don't want me to play, I won't. Or I might authorize someone to choose maps. We will see.

::Different Stuff

I'm using BLUR 3 rules (so THX to Seneschal for his text :) ), but this time there will be only 2 competitions:
  • Speedrun
    Highscore
Speedrun is about as fast completion as you can, in Highscore you need to get the highest score.

Both competitions will be played out on the same map each round.

When joining, you should state whether you intend to do both the speedrun and highscore events, or just one.

:: The Groups

The first stage of this competition will be played in groups of 4; therefore, our total number of players should be a multiple of 4 (although I can rearrange it if this doesn’t work out). Once we have a good number of people to play, groups will be randomly allocated.

:: The Format

In the first round, the first group stage, you will play three maps. Everyone in every group plays the same map at the same time. Each group does not have their own map. This means that speedruns and highscores will be submitted on the same map.

Based on your performance, you will be given points. The fastest player in each group will get most points, while the slowest person will get least.

After playing through the three maps, the player in each group with the most points will advance to the next stage. The four next people with the highest scores will advance as well.

:: The Scoring

1st in group - 4 points
2nd in group - 3 points
3rd in group - 2 points
4th in group - 1 point
To get points, you must submit a demo. If you do not submit a demo, you lose a point. All you need to do to secure yourself at least one point is to submit a demo.

There will be bonus points, too!

The Golden Player - The single player who submits the best score/fastest time in each event will get + 1 point. This player will accumulate 5 points on the round (4 + 1). In the event of a tied first place, all tied players will get the bonus point.

:: Rules

-You will always have a minimum of one week to complete your demo. This should be way more than enough.
-Submit your demos using Nreality. If you don’t have Nreality, why not? you can download it here
-The maps will be chosen by me (or someone else, read up ^^) from NUMA. Please do not post the demo you are submitting on the map's page before the contest is over.
-Do not PM me your demo.
-You can discuss the competition in this thread or in #n-highscores, although do not show other people your innovations or reveal tricks that they may have missed until after that particular map has been finished with.

:: About Nreality

I'll ask someone who's not participating to resubmit all maps used in competition in order to enable a "protectedcontest" feature. This will mean that you will be able to see the frame count/score of other people’s demos, but not the actual demo itself. You will be able to view your own demos throughout the competition. You may submit as many demos as you want, whenever you want within the allotted time period for a round.

To use Nreality (skip the first two steps if you already have Nreality downloaded):

1 - Download the program using the above link and unzip the contents to a folder somewhere on your computer.
2 - Open the program from this folder. If you move the program out of the folder, you will lose some features.
3 – Choose “configure” from the main menu. Make sure you choose the right mode you want to submit your demo in (either speedrun or highscore). If you record a demo in the wrong mode and not realise, you will most likely finish last in your group. Thus, it is very important you record your demo(s) in the right mode.
4 - Click "userlevels" from the main menu.
5 - Enter the map number as given in the NUMA web address.
6 - Press "Load Map" and the program will automatically download the map from NUMA. Neat, huh?
7 - Click on the downloaded map just as in the old userlevels to play it.
8 - Any personal best will be recorded to the right of the map title.
9 - To submit your demo, ctrl-click it. (command-click it for Macs.)

::Misc

Many thanks to Hendor, kkstrong, Seneschal for the rules.

Looking forward to run this :).

Registrations will be closed in a week, the exact time will be specified after i figure out how to synchronize us all around the world :).

Thx to ska for the image!
Last edited by vankusss on 2010.10.26 (18:26), edited 117 times in total.
iNsane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrkTEaTXk4 (watch in 480p)( yellow wins )

Lifer

Postby vankusss » 2010.08.09 (09:54)

Round 8

Round 8 starts now. The maps were chosen in a poll. This is a preliminary-finals round. That means, you're matched against 1 player. Who it is can be found in ska's spider chart things (below). Good luck.

HS Map: "Holy Bejesus" by Oleary15 (resubmitted by mohamedraif)
ID: 206402

SR Map: "somerset dub" by Theodore_owens_^bloodunder (resubmitted by mohamedraif)
ID: 206403

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, October 18th 18:00.

Any demos submitted after these times won't be considered regardless of time.

Pairings
HS:
SR:

Round 7 results

This wasn't as exciting as i expected it to be, people generally (from my point of view) didn't put much effort into their runs.

TOP runs (just 0ths): http://pastebin.com/xarUmxvt

Round 7

Round 7 starts now. The maps were chosen in a poll. This is a finals round. That means, you're matched against 1 player. Who it is can be found in the TABLE (table spoiler) or in ska's spider chart things (Round 6 results spoiler). Good luck.

HS Map: "Proud" by Oleary15 (resubmitted by mohamedraif)
ID: 206154

SR Map: "Oil Spill" by Conen__TG_ (resubmitted by mohamedraif)
ID: 206155

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, October 11th 18:00.

Round 6 results

Well, who cares about my ultra reports? I don't think people read this post anyway, so.

TOP runs: http://moh.pastebin.com/p7i5ngQV

Updated spider chart things:
HS:
SR:

Round 6

Round 6 starts now. The map was chosen in a poll. This is a finals round. That means, you're matched against 1 player. Who it is can be found in the TABLE (table spoiler) or in ska's spider chart things (Finals spoiler). Players from top-4 can loose in this round and still fight for BLUR 4. Players 5-8 don't have this option, they have to win from now till the very end! Good luck.

Map: "Entertaining" by ChrisE (resubmitted by mohamedraif)
ID: 205850

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, October 4th 18:00.

Finals rules + matching

Ska made some summary on page 12, so i'll just upgrade and copy it.

Here are advancing people, congrats!

::Highscore final 8
1st vankusss
2nd Ben_Schultz_11
3rd eru_bahagon
4th golfkid
5th romaniac
6th 999_Springs
7th Seifer
8th Hendor

::Speedrun final 8
1st Kool-aid
2nd Pony
3rd vankusss
4th Ben_Schultz_11
5th ninja_matt
6th golfkid
7th DDRave
8th Dawiki

Here's a spider chart thing for Highscore ska made, thx to him:

Here's a spider chart thing for Speedrun ska made, thx to him:

Round 6, where people will battle 1vs1, will hopefully start tomorrow. I need that frickin map.

TABLE

And here is the table of all runs and standings:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... l=en&gid=0
I deleted people from sr sheet who submitted 0 or only 1 run, since it's pointless to keep them there.

Playoff stage rules

After groups stage, 10 people who are first in their groups, advance. 6 more people who have the highest (hs) / lowest (sr) score advance, too.
Then there will be 2 rounds, each one taking 1 week, each one will have 1 map to play. These 2 rounds will be elimination-style. That means, after each round, 4 worst players will say bye bye.
Then, we will seed the remaining 8 based on their last 2 rounds performance (summing both runs up). Then we will continue using this 1vs1 system http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... als_v2.png . It's pretty fair.
If there are any questions, ask.
So the competition will last another 6 weeks after round 3 ends. Are you okay with that or do you want to make it somehow shorter? Propose your ideas. I'll make a poll, too.

In the event of a tie, the player who submitted the run first is the winner.

ROUNDS

Round 5
Round 5 starts now. The map was chosen in a poll. This is a playoff round. Check other spoilers for playoff rules. Make sure you advanced before playing.

Map: "Pterodactyl hunt" by Dawiki (resubmitted by mohamedraif)
ID: 205310

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, September 20th 18:00.

Round 5 results
So round 5 is over. It was the most battled map so far since we were playing for finals seats.
I will start with speedrun this time. It all started with ninja_matt getting like 318, which at least for me seemed really, really fast. Then Kool got 303 and i was like O.o. Then golfkid came with 289 (i was still at like 350) and my head almost exploded. People started getting like 320, 303 and so. Then i got 265, then Pony got 263 and then Kool got 262. Top 3 didn't change more. Ska and matt managed to get under 300, too. I think it was really good map for speedrunning.
Highscores competition was intense, too. Eru was first to hit 170, then ska joined, then romaniac, then me. Ska got 0th with really clean run. Fun fact: i was using the same route as ska, changed it like 5 hours before deadline. His run can be improved with at least 25 frames.
What's surprising, that both xaelar and TFK didn't make it to the finals. They ended 10th and 9th before the gates of finals. :(

Top 4 demos can be found here. I'll ask Unreality to unlock the map after whole competition is over.

Round 4
Round 4 starts now. The map was chosen in a poll. This is a playoff round. Check other spoilers for playoff rules. Make sure you advanced before playing.

Map: "Drowning In An Ocean of Dreams" by blackson (resubmitted by Meta_Ing)
ID: 204993

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, September 13th 18:00.

Any demos submitted after these times will earn the 0 points for the round, regardless of time.

Round 4 results
Golden players are xaelar for hs and Kool-aid for sr, congrats to both!
Round 4 is over, I'm sad that 2 people in each competition didn't even submit a run.
HS started with ska getting * with 149.2, then there was me with 150.4 and *, too. Then xaelar got 150.525. We were the only 2 who crossed the 150 barrier. Other people stayed at around 149.6, it was pretty close there.
SR started with me, ended with Kool-aid. I would like to advertise Arctic_Pony's demo (check table spoiler, RUNS sheet) which uses pretty diffucult route, well done for pulling it off.
4 people from each competition have been eliminated, it's becoming more dramatic :) 12 people left in each. Check Table spoiler for google doc with rankings and runs and eliminated people.

Round 3
Round 3 starts now. There was no poll for this round, since ChrisE made a (little less awesome than 2nd round) map. Thx to him.

Round 1 and 2 are now running simultaneously for 3 hours. They both end at the same time, see other spoiler for exact time.

Map: "Error Report" by ChrisE (submitted by Meta_Ing)
ID: 204716

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, September 6th 18:00.

Any demos submitted after these times will earn the 0 points for the round, regardless of time.

Round 3 results
Golden players are Hendor for hs and Kool-aid for sr, congrats to both!
Okay, round 3 is over. Points and table has been updated, check for mistakes, please.
Hs started with TFK getting 122.375, then I got 124.425 which i didn't improve. Then Hendor saw the same route i did, taking 0th with 124.550 and like 0.3 left with that route. The top 2 didn't change for the rest of the week. Then again, glib_jase is problematic since he isn't contestant but has tendency to place himself in top-3 causing Meta_Ing sending me his runs :D I need top-3 contestants runs :( not everyones. You're making ttroubles, glib!
Sr started and ended with Kool. That's it.
Top 3 runs for hs and sr are in that google doc (check TABLE spoiler). I had to put it there since i don't know how long can a post like this be. Now it's approximately 50000 characters, and i suspect forums database using 65535 large posts column. So i'll do it this way from now.
Advancing people are in the table, too.

Also i don't know if i'll do amateurs playoff, this whole organization is pretty time-consuming. But if someone wants to run it, you're welcome, i'll point from here to that topic. Just create new topic like ::BLUR 4:: AMATEUR PLAYOFF or something. Dunno how many people want to continue, though.

Round 2
Round 2 starts now. There was no poll for this round, since ChrisE made an awesome map. Thx to him.

Round 1 and 2 are now running simultaneously for 1 week. They both end at the same time, see below for exact date and time.

Map: "Verticality" by ChrisE (resubmitted by Meta_Ing)
ID: 204409

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, August 30th 18:00.

Round 2 results
Golden players are ska for hs and Kool-aid for sr, congrats to both!
This report will be shorter, since i'm doing these results, points and table for like 2 hours now and it's not fun, believe me :D
As for hs, i took 0th. Then xaelar took 0th. Then i took 0th back. We both got * while doing so. Then ska came (again) taking 0th with a 1sec+ lead which stayed for the rest of the week. Then xaelar improved and got 1st. Then Seifer came and grabbed 2nd. So i ended 3rd. That was intense, huh? Romaniac was the last player to break 150, then there is a huge gap between next players.
Sr competition was pretty intense, too. Ska was the first person to get *. Then Daikenkai, ninja_matt and romaniac got *, too. Kool-aid took 0th somewhere between those *'s. Grabbing himself a *, too. Then romaniac beat him, then he improved. Woooow. Arctic_Pony tied romaniac later.
Thanks once again for the map to Chrise, who didn't submit much demos, but i hope he will be open for mapping next rounds, he is doing awesome job :).

Round 1
Round 1 will last 2 weeks and will start on August 16th (Monday) around 18:00 GMT. Round 2 will last 1 week and will start on August 23th (Monday) around 18:00 GMT.

The map was chosen in the poll and resubmitted with the protectedcontest feature. Let the first round start!

Btw, as for future, i guess the rules aren't clear. So there will be 3 'group' rounds. Then 10 people who are first in their groups advance + 6 or 10 people with best scores. So whole group can advance with this concept. So don't be sad if you have good players in your group. Most probably 16 people will advance so there can be 1 on 1 battles with 2 people left at the end.

Map: "Membrane" by stepself (resubmitted by Meta_Ing)
ID: 204193

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +0) : Monday, August 30th 18:00.

Round 1 results
Ok so golden players are ska for hs and OutrightOJ for sr, congrats to both!
Let me start with hs competition. The 2 week round 1 started with scores around 156-157, then Hendor came with 159.375, which he didn't improved. That stayed 0th for some time, then came ska with his 159.375 + x run (where x stands for some amount of time larger than 0, since i don't remember all history of ska's scores). He then improved to 160.3, destroying everyone else. Well done.
On sr competition, i was leading the board for a very little time to get *, then came Hendor and ska, both grabbing a *. On irc there was a discussion whether you can get switch through bb, with most people believing it isn't possible. Then OutrightOJ came, proving us all wrong. His run stayed 0th to the end, with only TFK coming 1 frame close. The rcj there is pretty tricky, you need to get very special angle. Well done to both of them.
I'm sad that lot of people just ignored the competition after signing in.
I'm also quite happy with map choice, which was voted.
Points are under Groups spoilers.

moh's mdb (also posted on page 7) -

ORGANIZATION STUFF

Betting thread
http://forum.droni.es/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6708

Participants update 2
kkstrong dropped with no-time reason. danield9tqh is replacing him in speed, but on hs, danield9tqh goes to group 10, since there were only 3 players at the first time. So now hs group 1 becomes a 3-players group. Good luck.

Participants update
Izzy dropped with no reason. Chrise, on the other hand, wants to be in. So Chrise replaces Izzy. I think that makes sense

Update 3
1. The groups were randomized with no seeding.

2. 1 hs group has only 3 players and 1 sr group has 5 players, because of the numbers of participants.

Update 2
1. Seifer, zapkt and OutrightOJ are probably going to be away next week (they won't be able to submit demos for round 1). So, since I want them in, first round will last 2 weeks. Here are exact dates:
1st round starts 16th, ends 30th
2nd round starts 23rd, ends 30th
3rd round starts 30th
etc (these 3 rounds are groups stage)

2. If anyone knows how to synchronize our clocks and times all over the world, let me know. I'll probably set deadlines in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

3. I still don't have anyone to submit the maps. I'll ask Meta if he won't join.

4. Since so many people is in, i don't really want to take responsibility for choosing good maps on my own. So on Sunday, if I'm able to be on internet, at 17:00 GMT (slovakia is currently GMT +2), i'll discuss the map choice with people on irc #n-highscores (mountai.net). If you aren't able to be there at that time and still want to make map proposals, send me PM with numa map id's (max 2). They should have speedrun route like 300-600 frames long, hs route at least 1000 frames and with a large variety of routes. Preferably maps which weren't played a lot (with almost no demos on their page).

5. If you have any ideas regarding rules, write them here (maybe new system for playoff, some sort of immunity, bonus points which might bring you back after you were defeated etc).

Update 1
3 things:

1. This is just a copy of my post on page 2: "I have a question, how do you prefer groups to be randomized? Should it be completely random or with some sort of seeding? For example i decide who are the 'pro' players and try to randomly select 2 of them for each group so we don't eliminate large numbers of good players in first round? Or completely random so that anyone has chance getting into playoffs? I am personally for total random, but i want opinions."

2. I need someone who will resubmit the maps and is not competing. Since I'll be playing, I can't resubmit them myself because I would see the demos. So I'm searching for someone who is completely reliable, so even if it's your best friend and you're holding a gun next to his head, he won't show you anything until the round is over. Suggestions in the thread so others can raise objections.

3. If your nick in N differs from the nick on forums, send me PM

GROUPS-SPEEDRUN

::Speedrun
GROUP sr1
ska - 12
mohamedraif - 9
Bio - 0
saberhageN - 0

GROUP sr2
romaniac - 11
Dawiki - 10
danield9tqh - 4
Pig2 - 2

GROUP sr3
OutrightOJ - 13
Life247 - 3
moonlight - 2
ratatat_ - 0

GROUP sr4
Pony - 12
Daikenkai - 8
xaelar - 7
Conen - 0

GROUP sr5
amomentlikethis - 12
_Pai_Mei_ - 6
TheRealOne - 2
ChrisE - 1

GROUP sr6
ninja_matt - 12
Slayr - 9
Brainstone - 2
swipenet - 0

GROUP sr7
bhz - 11,5
999_Springs - 8,5
Inspired - 5
Tunco - 5

GROUP sr8
Kool-aid - 14
Etz - 8
golfkid - 7
rocket_thumped - 3
ari22hoops - 3

GROUP sr9
ToeFaceKiller - 11
zapkt - 7
Hendor - 9
karmap0lice - 0

GROUP sr10
vankusss - 12
eru_bahagon - 8
natrues peril - 7
bobaga_fett - 2

GROUPS-HIGHSCORE

::Highscore
GROUP hs1
mohamedraif - 11
bhz - 9
Life247 - 3

GROUP hs2
vankusss - 12
eru_bahagon - 9
ninja_matt - 6
_Pai_Mei_ - 0

GROUP hs3
999_Springs - 10
Inspired - 9
OutrightOJ - 8
Nexx - 0

GROUP hs4
ari22hoops - 9
da_guru - 8
Etz - 7
natrues peril - 6

GROUP hs5
romaniac - 12
Slayr - 8
ChrisE - 3
swipenet - 0

GROUP hs6
ska - 14
Pig2 - 6
TheRealOne - 0
ratatat_ - 0

GROUP hs7
Hendor - 12
ToeFaceKiller - 10
bobaga_fett - 0
saberhageN - 0

GROUP hs8
Seifer - 12
zapkt - 9
Brainstone - 2
Conen - 0

GROUP hs9
xaelar - 10
golfkid - 9
Tunco - 8
Bio - 0

GROUP hs10
rocket_thumped - 10
darkshadow - 8
moonlight - 2
danield9tqh - 0

PARTICIPANTS

::Speedrun

01. vankusss
02. Dawiki
03. ska (N nick: Ben_Schultz_11 or something like that i never get that middle thing right)
04. ninja_matt
05. mohamedraif
06. Kool-aid
07. Life247
08. danield9tqh (replaced kkstrong)
09. saberhageN
10. TheRealOne
11. rocket_thumped (N nick: uuiuu)
12. Tunco
13. 999_Springs
14. _Pai_Mei_
15. Hendor
16. golfkid
17. Inspired
18. amomentlikethis
19. OutrightOJ
20. ratatat_
21. ToeFaceKiller
22. Daikenkai (N nick: DDRave)
23. romaniac
24. ari22hoops
25. bobaga_fett (N nick: bobaganuesh_2)
26. bhz
27. eru_bahagon
28. moonlight (N nick: eternal_moonlight)
29. xaelar
30. ChrisE (replaced Izzy)
31. Bio
32. zapkt
33. Etz
34. swipenet
35. Pig2
36. natrues peril
37. Pony
38. karmap0lice
39. Conen
40. Slayr
41. Brainstone

::Highscore

01. vankusss
02. ska (N nick: Ben_Schultz_11 - see ^^)
03. mohamedraif
04. Life247
05. danield9tqh (replaced kkstrong)
06. saberhageN
07. TheRealOne
08. rocket_thumped (N nick: uuiuu)
09. Tunco
10. 999_Springs
11. da_guru
12. _Pai_Mei_
13. Hendor
14. golfkid
15. OutrightOJ
16. ratatat_
17. ToeFaceKiller
18. romaniac
19. ari22hoops
20. bobaga_fett (N nick: bobaganuesh_2)
21. bhz
22. eru_bahagon
23. moonlight (N nick: eternal_moonlight)
24. xaelar
25. ChrisE (replaced Izzy)
26. Bio
27. zapkt
28. Seifer
29. Etz
30. Inspired
31. swipenet
32. Pig2
33. natrues peril
34. Conen
35. Slayr
36. Brainstone
37. darkshadow
38. Nexx
39. ninja_matt

POLLS

Most weird N player
Most weird N player:
macrohenry 9% ( 1 )
TWA_MATO_Titan 9% ( 1 )
7aMaDX 9% ( 1 )
Gutland 72% ( 8 ) x
You may select 1 option

Total votes : 11

Playoff system poll
Hu. This one ended like this:
1vs1, 2 maps, 1 week 8% ( 2 )
1vs1, 2 maps, 2 weeks 21% ( 5 )
1vs1, 1 map, 1 week 13% ( 3 )
elimination, 4 people out each week, 2 maps, 1 week 13% ( 3 )
elimination, 4 people out each week, 2 maps, 2 weeks 8% ( 2 )
elimination, 4 people out each week, 1 map, 1 week 34% ( 8 )

Sharing demos poll
Because I and Matt shared our demos, you want me to do:
drop out of sr competition (I would appreciate a comment if you vote for this) 25% ( 4 )
organize a hunt for pterodactyl 50% ( 8 )
i don't care, a lot of people is sharing demos 25% ( 4 )
Participants once again decided to vote for the weirdest option, well done! Since only 4 people voted for drop out, only 1 person said it in comment (ska) and also the originator of the discussion (ska) said that i learned my lesson (not exactly sure what he meant but i take it as an end for this affair) i'll modestly stay in sr and try to make some competition.

Favourite animal poll
Favourite animal?
cat 15% ( 3 )
dog 15% ( 3 )
Izzydactyl 60% ( 12 )
hamster 0% ( 0 )
elephant 5% ( 1 )
bird 5% ( 1 )

Izzydactyl clearly won, cat and dog are tied, 1 person likes elephants, 1 person likes bird (what kind?).

Playoff stage poll
Are you happy with the playoff system? (read 2nd post for more info about options)
yes 84% ( 11 ) x
1 elimination round 0% ( 0 )
no AFL finals 15% ( 2 )
something else 0% ( 0 )

Who will win poll
This poll showed very little trust of BLUR participants into themselves. Only 4 people think they are going to win, on the other hand 5 of them think Darth Pooper (which can be both Seifer and ska, but maybe even someone else) is going to win. And the winner of this poll is your favourite pterodactyl with 9 votes, which might be Izzy, according to different poll. Interesting.

Izzy poll
Some surprising results came from this one. Izzy, according to BLUR participants, is pterodactyl.
11 people voted for pterodactyl, 4 for female and only one single person think that Izzy is a male. Probably Izzy himself, but then that's arguable, he might be crazy :O

Moh's mdb's poll
BLUR participants are right this time! They love moh's mdb's ( http://forum.droni.es/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4468 ).
From 12 voters, only 1 missed the yes option and voted no.

Tomatoes poll
BLUR participants are obviously wrong about this one.
Tomatoes are vegetable, yet 11 people voted for fruit and 6 for vegetable, which is just sad.

Watermelons poll
Watermelons are popular among the BLUR participants.
17 people like them, 4 does not.

Last edited by vankusss on 2010.10.11 (19:20), edited 109 times in total.
iNsane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrkTEaTXk4 (watch in 480p)( yellow wins )

Almost as Bad as One
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Dawiki

Postby Dawiki » 2010.08.09 (10:09)

I'm in for speedrun :D

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby ska » 2010.08.09 (10:20)

Highscore and Speedrun please.
Last edited by ska on 2010.08.09 (10:29), edited 1 time in total.

Maxwell Smart
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/ninja_matt

Postby ninja_matt » 2010.08.09 (10:23)

Speedrun for Matt ;)

Sig by the awesome BluePretzel <3

Sig by the awesome Inspired <3

Jedi Pimp
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby Raif » 2010.08.09 (11:20)

WOO! IN! BOTH!

Walking on Broken Glass
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Kool-aid

Postby Kool » 2010.08.09 (13:43)

I guess I could provide an hour of my time to you vanny boyy

speedrun and umm maybe highscore. altho that would accumulate two hours of my time. So I'll get back to you on that. as of now, just speedrun.

TargetAcquired: speedomination
AcquiredTarget: highscoreobliteration

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2010.08.09 (13:44)

Hi I think I won't be able to join, but please let me know (by pm) if you need any technical support :)

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2010.08.09 (13:48)

Are the groups going to be separated by highscore and speedun, or with they just be random groups of four contestants? Also, the maps will be NUMA maps, right? And how long do you expect the constest to run? Anyway, put me down for both.

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//

Lifer

Postby vankusss » 2010.08.09 (13:51)

Life247 wrote:Are the groups going to be separated by highscore and speedun, or with they just be random groups of four contestants? Also, the maps will be NUMA maps, right? And how long do you expect the constest to run? Anyway, put me down for both.
Yea Speedrun and Highscore are 2 separated competitions. Within them, groups will be random four contestans.
Yes the maps will be from NUMA.
I expect it to run 4+ weeks (that's 1 week for registrations, 3 weeks for 3 group-rounds, and then according to number of contestants the playoff (1 vs 1 each round)).

Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/cucumber_boy
MBTI Type: ESTP

Postby kkstrong » 2010.08.09 (13:55)

I am more in to highscore and speedrun than short shorts in the 70's.
~~Download Modmaster: My NReality Mod Helping App~~
spoiler

~~Quotes~~
golfkid - "I beat kk on his map, and he got me within 6 seconds, then I did it again and he beat me in 12 seconds."

blue_tetris - "kkstrong was nothing, alot of people stood in his way, and he just fought against adversity, he learned he lived, and he was admin at nmaps.net for a while. He is a great mapper, and ya know, thats why he is on the short list for the mod pick."

Pheidi -" Despite a mapper's best efforts, highscorers will always find a way to defy his intentions."

The Loneliest Number

Postby saberhageN » 2010.08.09 (14:03)

dang this sounds hard, if theres room just pop me in . thak you. :-)

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/therealone

Postby TheRealOne » 2010.08.09 (14:07)

In on both. Can't wait to see what maps you pick. Also van you are competing right? not just running the comp?
<@Izzy> Holy balls, sweet run.
<@gloomp> Holy sweet, balls run.
<@Izzy> Sweet, balls run holy.
<@gloomp> Run sweet, balls holy.
<@Izzy> Sweet run, ballsy hole.
<@gloomp> All's sweet, holeb run.
<@Izzy> Ballsy nun, sweet mole.

<@Kool> bro no joke, I saw the sexiest swedish chick giving herself anal on one of those pop-up alarm-clocks at my uncle's house

Average Time to Take Breakfast in Equador
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rocket_thumped
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby rocket_thumped » 2010.08.09 (14:31)

I'm down for both.

If you don't know what you're doing, you're doing it right.

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska

Postby ska » 2010.08.09 (14:39)

http://s771.photobucket.com/albums/xx36 ... ?start=all
^^^^ THESE ARE YOUR FLAGS PEOPLE, LOVINGLY CRAFTED BY MYSELF! ^^^^

Examples:
Image - Brainstone
Image - Ben_Schultz_11
Image - xaelar
Image - TFK
Last edited by ska on 2010.08.15 (17:22), edited 1 time in total.

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2010.08.09 (15:50)

zap
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/da_guru

Postby da_guru » 2010.08.09 (16:40)

Whoohoo!!! Finally there's another highscoring competition after MPT3, which was a complete letdown.

Add me for highscore, please.

@ska: I want a /really/ cool flag!!! ;p

Pure

Postby _Pai_Mei_ » 2010.08.09 (17:49)

I'll join in; both.

Legacy Elite
Legacy Elite
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/Hendor
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Hendor » 2010.08.09 (18:00)

Sounds cool. I've been busy with work and school for most of the summer, but I can make time. I'll play in both.
Highscorer prone to fleeting comebacks
598 Metanet top-20s in September 2007 (ranked 0th)

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/amomentlikethis
MBTI Type: ESFP

Postby amomentlikethis » 2010.08.09 (18:52)

Speedrun please :)
Hi.

Ice Cold
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/OutrightOJ

Postby OutrightOJ » 2010.08.09 (20:12)

Thanks for the link.

It'll be nice to get back into the swing of highscoring again, I think. Both for me, please. By the way, when do the teams get allocated?

Thanks to furry for this awesome sig. He likes birds, he does.
FIRST EVER COMIC STRIP! Using Paint. <3 <CLICK>

Lifer

Postby vankusss » 2010.08.09 (20:15)

OutrightOJ wrote:Thanks for the link.

It'll be nice to get back into the swing of highscoring again, I think. Both for me, please. By the way, when do the teams get allocated?
In a week, when registrations are closed and first round begins. The exact time will be given soon.

Tetris
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ratatat_

Postby ratatat_ » 2010.08.09 (20:25)

yo I'm in for both,
"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."

"One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like."

"When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent."

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ToeFaceKiller
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby ToeFaceKiller » 2010.08.09 (21:00)

<3 In for both!

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/DDRave
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby 大見解 » 2010.08.09 (21:10)

speedrun please.
Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 9:22 PM - NReality Transcendence