Un-able to download N

Need help getting the classic version of the ninja game to work? Ask here. Find a bug? Tell us here.
The number of seats in an Airbus A380
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/slayr

Postby Slayr » 2009.08.01 (04:35)

I got new PC and whenever i try to download N after the download is complete my computer just repeatedly opens and closes a blank windows internet explorer page, help plz.

Commodus

Postby Rule » 2009.08.11 (15:41)

you're sure you got it of the official website?

Postby Slayr » 2009.08.11 (21:07)

is the website metanetsoftware.com?

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.08.11 (22:06)

Slayr wrote:is the website metanetsoftware.com?
Yes.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Postby Slayr » 2009.08.12 (03:24)

thats where i got it from

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.08.12 (06:09)

*sigh*
Alright, so when you click the download link, did you tell it to save the file somewhere or are you trying to open it immediately? Cuz you should tell it to save the file.
If you don't know where it went (ie you didn't tell it to save anywhere specifically), it probably went to your Downloads folder ("new computer" makes me think Vista or Windows 7). Your Downloads folder should be easy to find; it's in your user directory.
You need to download WinZIP to unarchive the game. Google and download WinZIP if you are having issues with the file you downloaded, and open it with WinZIP.
Go into the directory you just extracted.
Run N.
Profit.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

dreams slip through our fingers like hott slut sexxx
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Tunco123
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Tunco » 2009.08.12 (08:53)

Slayr wrote:I got new PC and whenever i try to download N after the download is complete my computer just repeatedly opens and closes a blank windows internet explorer page, help plz.
Try to download it from another browser.
spoiler

Postby Slayr » 2009.08.12 (19:48)

Alright, so when you click the download link, did you tell it to save the file somewhere or are you trying to open it immediately? Cuz you should tell it to save the file.
If you don't know where it went (ie you didn't tell it to save anywhere specifically), it probably went to your Downloads folder ("new computer" makes me think Vista or Windows 7). Your Downloads folder should be easy to find; it's in your user directory.
You need to download WinZIP to unarchive the game. Google and download WinZIP if you are having issues with the file you downloaded, and open it with WinZIP.
Run N.
Profit.
*sigh*
Run N.
Profit.
Still nothing.
Try to download it from another browser.
i wasnt using that browser to begin with.

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.08.12 (20:57)

Slayr wrote:Still nothing.
This is extremely unhelpful. You've got to meet us halfway, dude.
Where specifically are you running into problems? When opening the executable, itself?
spoiler

Postby Slayr » 2009.08.16 (16:31)

I save the file and its all fine and dandy, but when i try and open it thats when the problem occurs.

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.08.16 (23:42)

Slayr wrote:I save the file and its all fine and dandy, but when i try and open it thats when the problem occurs.
Did you download WinRAR, WinZip, 7zip, or any other archiving software?
The file you downloaded needs to be unarchived, which can't happen unless you have the software for it.
spoiler