N+ for PS3?

Do you own a copy of Metanet Software's console and handheld title? If so, talk about it here!
These Go Up to 11

Postby Karifean » 2009.09.28 (18:55)

As far as I know, when Metanet made N+ for XBOXLA, they signed a contract including that they will not make that game for another console for quite an amount of time. Well, it's been a long time since then, and I wonder whether Metanet can consider this again, as I'd really love to play N+ on my PS3, but am not willing to buy an XBox just for that game.
Some things I'd also love to see in N (N+):
-Ability to open trap doors again. (Up to now you can merely close an opened door by putting a trap door in its place)
-Ability to control those lightning doors by switches.
-Ability to "change state" of a door - whether it's open or closed changes.
-Teleporters!

(And no, I didn't find any threads considering this, at least not in the past months - it's been a long time since this has been discussed??)
Bring N+ to PS3!!!

dreams slip through our fingers like hott slut sexxx
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Tunco123
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Tunco » 2009.09.29 (16:30)

Well, M&R are currently working on Robotology, they might consider making N+ for PS3 or make N 1.5, or just make another game, we don't know.

But what I think is that N+ would fit to PS3 really well, especially the controls.
spoiler

These Go Up to 11

Postby Karifean » 2009.09.29 (16:53)

Yea, I know. I hope they finish Robotology soon... I'm dyin' to play N+^^
Bring N+ to PS3!!!

Postby Tunco » 2009.09.29 (17:57)

Karifean wrote:Yea, I know. I hope they finish Robotology soon... I'm dyin' to play N+^^
You can track the progress on Robotology on the Metablog.
spoiler

These Go Up to 11

Postby Karifean » 2009.09.29 (18:57)

awwww darn, so it'll be a while i guess... at least a month?
Bring N+ to PS3!!!

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2009.09.29 (19:00)

Karifean wrote:awwww darn, so it'll be a while i guess... at least a month?
Hahahaha! You wish.
feline disrespect from behind

These Go Up to 11

Postby Karifean » 2009.09.29 (19:03)

curses... i guess i'll give up hope for about 9 months. now all i can do is hope that robotology is finished by then^^
Bring N+ to PS3!!!

These Go Up to 11

Postby Karifean » 2009.10.14 (19:41)

Oh man... it's been two weeks and there are still no updates. Why didn't metanet sell N+ to PS3 instead of XBLA in the first place^^
Know anything new that's not on metablog?
Bring N+ to PS3!!!

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.10.14 (21:36)

if it's going to the PS3, it could easily be the same version that was sold on the PSP. If that's the case, I'd actually recommend passing it up. Whoever Metanet gave the game to to adapt it for the PSP screwed it the hell up.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2009.10.14 (21:48)

Tsukatu wrote:if it's going to the PS3, it could easily be the same version that was sold on the PSP.
Ehh, I hugely doubt it would be. The handheld versions were especially made for the handheld hardware or somesuch, I don't think that they'd use the same version for the PS3 version. The companies involved with the handheld versions prolly wouldn't want to go into it again, either. They'd either do it from scratch or, more likely, adapt the XBLA version in some way or, more likely, screw the whole idea and just release Robotology for WiiWare because that would be more awesome for me.
feline disrespect from behind

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.10.14 (23:45)

Spawn of Yanni wrote:
Tsukatu wrote:if it's going to the PS3, it could easily be the same version that was sold on the PSP.
Ehh, I hugely doubt it would be. The handheld versions were especially made for the handheld hardware or somesuch, I don't think that they'd use the same version for the PS3 version.
I don't know, given the casualness with which the PlayStation Store typically offers downloads for any given game for both PSP's and PS3's, it makes me think the systems are similar enough that they only need superficial changes to make the game run on different systems.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

These Go Up to 11

Postby Karifean » 2009.10.15 (13:03)

If they do remake N+ for PS3, I wish it'd be as good or even better than the XBLA version.
Bring N+ to PS3!!!

Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.10.21 (14:23)

First of all, I like the PSP version, in spite of it's sacrilegious nature.

Second of all, this brings up an interesting point. If N+ is made downloadable as is the trend since the release of the PSP-Go, maybe we'll see an increase in sales on the Playstation Network as high enough of an indication for Mare and Raigan to port the XBLA version over to the PSN.
Loathes

Postby Tunco » 2009.10.30 (00:56)

I just want to point out, online mode and achievement stuff would be awesome if N+ implemented to PS3.

Party mode maybe? Where up to X players/ninjas could play in one big level? Would be a lot of work though, I don't know it would worth it but I would buy it.
spoiler

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.10.30 (19:25)

SlappyMcGee wrote:First of all, I like the PSP version, in spite of it's sacrilegious nature.
Don't get me wrong -- I played the game through in its entirety.
But bounceblocks suck, and the glitchy intro screen doesn't help.
spoiler

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2010.01.24 (05:02)

I actually did this once using the Web Browser on my PS3. I found N on a flashgames site and had almost got there when it said "press [spacebar] to begin".

But yeah, I would definetly buy this if it came onto PSN.

Didn't get a name change in the middle of the TF2 thread.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/heatwave21
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby heatwave » 2010.01.24 (05:26)

Spawn of Yanni wrote:
Karifean wrote:awwww darn, so it'll be a while i guess... at least a month?
Hahahaha! You wish.
Bwahahahahahaha. Aha. Ha. I can't remember how long ago they announced Robotology. Years and Years ago, certainly. As for N+ on the PS3, I'd say it's very unlikely. They'd rather work on their other projects.
spoiler

Part of this community since 2007. — Play Subvein

Lords a-Leaping
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby Joelface » 2010.06.08 (06:23)

its too bad really, because I still dream of an N+ on PSN. :(

Though, I'd prefer if went for a simpler, crisp aesthetic over the look they went with on the 360 version.. but all the cool co-op and spinning lasers and stuff looked amazing.

/sigh