Adventures of the Exüberant (Comic #90) {Jan 9}

Create, share, and discuss the community's popular webcomics.
Bayking
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/exuberance

Postby Exüberance » 2008.10.05 (04:22)

Since this comic was started a while back on the old forums, the first 84 comics are posted there.

You can find comics #1-84 here: http://metanet.2.forumer.com/index.php? ... 13779&st=0

Also, you can download a flash app that contains every comic up to comic 79 here:
Adventures of the Exuberant Comic Browser

It also has a nice random feature, you can quickly move between comic without having to scroll past comments, and you can see a list of all comics on the side.
Sometime I'll also add a filter that lets you view only a certain type of comic (story, random, desk of the master drone, null reality), but that option has not yet been implemented because I just thought of it now!

To repeat:
This thread only contains comics #85 an on. To see comics 1 to 84, see the thread on the old forums here or download a flash comic browser here.
Last edited by Exüberance on 2009.01.11 (00:09), edited 8 times in total.
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
Comic Activity-O-Meter: (how often I'm updating my comic)
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
+ Loitering: Like comatose, but for short amount of times.
- Turtling (Loitering/Semi-Active): Really slooooww updates
+ Semi-Active: One every 2 weeks...ish?
- Quasi-Active (Semi-Active/Active): Averaging about 2 comics every 3 weeks
+ Active: Loosely defined status, but about a weekly update
- Over-Active (Active/Power-leveling): About 2 comics a week
+ Power-leveling: About 3 comics a week. Possible a schedule, possibly not
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Wannas » 2008.10.05 (05:15)

Nice to see you're still into this. Nice to see I'm still into this. :P
I'll try and organise my webcomic at some point, I suppose. Good idea.
Still here - lurking since Aug 23 2005
Whoa, what? A webcomic?

'The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and doesn't stop until you get to the office'
--Robert Frost

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/jackass77
MBTI Type: ESFJ

Postby jackass » 2008.10.05 (07:02)

Ohhhh ... I always wondered WTF your sig was about

Now i know
[align=center]Image
Mine :: Techno :: Incluye :: GTM ::Skyline :: Riobe :: GTM 2[/align]

Vampire Salesman

Postby xeronix » 2008.10.05 (07:04)

Funny stuff most of the ones ive seen, great to finally see some more; great work Exübe, & keep it up.

It Must've Been Love
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Turiski » 2008.10.05 (18:10)

Xubie, I think you should start this forum with 80, because I don't think it's a very good idea to rely on Forumer to keep up an inactive forum, especially one as large as ours.

Either that or update your flash thing to 84.
Other Project

Soon as in later. Probably post-December. However, aperture and I are in contact, so rest assured we are at least thinking about it.

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.10.05 (19:57)

Turiski wrote:Xubie, I think you should start this forum with 80, because I don't think it's a very good idea to rely on Forumer to keep up an inactive forum, especially one as large as ours.

Either that or update your flash thing to 84.
I still have them all on my computer. Actually, I have some on my old laptop, some on my desktop, and the newest on my new laptop :D
The old forums ARE going to be "moved over", but they will be read-only and uneditable, just an archive.
I'm going to update the flash file with the next update anyways. (every multiple of 5)
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.10.06 (19:57)

#85: Null Reality Part 4

EDIT: Ugh, the new forum doesn't display attachments full size. I;ll fix that when I get back.
EDIT EDIT: Obvious solution. Use that as the file location and post it twice
Attachments
Null Reality 4.png
Last edited by Exüberance on 2008.11.26 (21:08), edited 1 time in total.

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.10.06 (21:04)

... interesting... Keep it up: I'm really liking this math stuff.
Other Project

Soon as in later. Probably post-December. However, aperture and I are in contact, so rest assured we are at least thinking about it.

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/runningninja

Postby runningninja » 2008.10.08 (15:00)

Seconded. Your style is really neat, and I'll a math nerd, so I'm lovin' it.

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/heartattack

Postby Heartattack » 2008.10.08 (15:15)

Oh dear. You are making me a very happy man. Continue.
spoiler

All sigs thanks to my secret lovers.

I won a contest once.
Tsukatu wrote:ass assass

Plus (Size) Member

Postby Mosh » 2008.10.12 (05:29)

Might I suggest adding the most recent comic to the first post so we can see it first-thing when viewing the comic? Links are annoying at 1 AM.
[my small, lightweight signature gets 65 miles to the gallon.]
[hows your clunky signature doing in the mpg-department?]

Legacy Elite
Legacy Elite
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/TheAdster Check 'em out!  =D
MBTI Type: ESTJ

Postby Ad » 2008.10.12 (10:23)

Another thing, why not add the flash file to the first post, using [flash] tags? That way, we wouldn't need to download it, or follow all the links.
ImageImageImage

Plus (Size) Member

Postby Mosh » 2008.10.15 (03:12)

Considering there was talk of the old forums getting paper-shredded, the old storage of ep. 1-84 on the old forums might die out. Embedding the flash seems the most logical way to preserve the old comics.

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.

Postby bhz » 2008.10.15 (10:47)

Exüberance wrote:#85: Null Reality Part 4

EDIT: Ugh, the new forum doesn't display attachments full size. I;ll fix that when I get back.
Back? Where are you going?
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.10.16 (02:04)

Ad. wrote:Another thing, why not add the flash file to the first post, using [flash] tags? That way, we wouldn't need to download it, or follow all the links.
Because then the application will be scaled down to fit in a post and the text will be unreadable

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/isaacx
MBTI Type: ISFP

Postby isaacx » 2008.10.22 (00:27)

no more comic?

Plus (Size) Member

Postby Mosh » 2008.10.23 (01:44)

Haha... groovy.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.10.31 (18:27)

This thing's still going right? *crosses fingers*
Other Project

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.11.01 (17:03)

Turiski wrote:This thing's still going right? *crosses fingers*
Yes.

d
--- updates = random(x);
dx

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.11.26 (21:18)

It's a story arc / filler comic. Deal with it!
I'll end Null Reality soon and get back to the normal comic.

EDIT: Or maybe, I'll hold off the storyline for bit longer and do what I said around the time of Procrastination Week *insta-flashback*
And, yes, I do plan on making more theme weeks in the future. Maybe an N+ week? Lost Adventures of Fred? Maybe I'll even do something like Ctrl+Alt+Delete did with a choose your own adventure thing. That would be fun... OK I am so doing that next. But for now, I present, PROCRASTINATION / GENERAL LAZINESS IN A COMIC WEEK.
I'm thinking Lost Adventures of Fred? That'd be fun!

...It's been so long I forget how our unnamed hero escapes from Null Reality. I guess I'll just have to wing it!

Attachments
Null Reality 5.png
Last edited by Exüberance on 2008.11.27 (19:34), edited 1 time in total.

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.11.27 (02:17)

Meh, this isn't going where I wanted it to. It was going to be more fun logic questioning everything including logic itself, and poking fun and conspiracy theorists, but I've set it all up wrong, and its not turning out as I had hoped. I could still just start a new conversation and do it the right way, I shouldn't have revealed that the guy on the right is really just once part of the guy's thinking. That completely destroyed what I mean to do with this. I wasn't going to do that until the end. But now it occurs to me that there's really no point in making a comic out of it the way I wanted to do it since it would just be text, and there's not point adding poorly-draw stick figures and restricting the amount of stuff I can write in the comic. It was also a bad idea forcing myself to do 3 panels of the same size. That made things harder.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I really messed up this story, so I'm just going to draw a few more comics to end it. It really didn't turn out the way I wanted, but it wasn't that bad. At the end, I'll post a little paragraph about what I originally intended to happen here, which is a lot more cool than what it ended up being. Oh well.

Also, I have now lied about this being unrelated to N. Welcome, Mr. Thwump.

Attachments
Null Reality 6.png

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Ice Cold
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/sithmaster

Postby Sithmaster » 2008.11.30 (20:17)

te he he
quotes of the old forum

Blue_Tetris: Wait, wait wait. Does this mean I can break the rules to provoke a reaction and not get banned?
...awesome! The next few days are gonna be some fun.

Someguy: Eagles may soar in the sky, but weasels never get sucked right into a jet engine

Steven Colbert: I see patterns where they don't where they don't exist!!!

Mosh: Fishing for fish only works if the fish are hungry. Don't ask the fish why they don't bite. Rather, consider why they aren't biting.
Or simply chuck a grenade in the lake, pick up the dead fish, and call it a day.

capt_weasle: Mare is actually reagan who is really Tsukatu, who is actually just God. And you can't say he isn't because that would mean he doesnt believe in himself. He just has a low self esteem. Poor guy.

Palemoon:thanks, maestro. Now i can stop smearing paste on my face with a broom

Animator:Eat those poor gingerbread men? For shame. Do you know how many widows are in a gingerbread family? Millions. They have been fighting a war with humanity ever since they were made just to survive and live, with no luck! Think of the children, man! Those poor gingerbread children who are orpahns now, because their moms and dads were eaten, AND THEY WILL SHARE THE SAME FATE TOO! It's saddening. Please, go out there and raise money to save this ever-endangered reality of sugar and bread. Please, for the sake of this kind... think of the oven.

Player 1:You may very well be the first person on the planet to have his faced caved in by a fistful of turkey. Congratulations.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Tsukatu Twilight Rant

BELLA parks her car and enters the school.
EDWARD: "Hello, Bella. I am very awkward, and I am a vampire."
Freeze frame: the text "protagonist, and also a vampire" appears, and an arrow pointing from the text to EDWARD blinks a few times.
BELLA: "I am infatuated with you." (she turns to the camera) "I am unaware that Edward is a vampire."
EDWARD: "I am infatuated with you, too, and I am a vampire."
BELLA: "Let's be awkward together." (she turns to the camera) "I am still unaware that Edward is a vampire."
EDWARD: "I completely agree, and I am very clearly a vampire."
(EDWARD does vampirey things.)
BELLA: "Thank you for saving my life."
EDWARD: "No problem, and I am a vampire."
BELLA: (to the camera) "I am beginning to suspect that Edward is not human."
EDWARD: "I am a vampire."
BELLA: "Are you a superhero?"
EDWARD: "No, I am a vampire."
BELLA: "What are you then?"
EDWARD: "I am not the good guy; I am the bad guy." (he turns to the camera) "That was a lie. I am very much the good guy." (he turns back to Bella) "Specifically, I am a vampire."
BELLA: (to the camera) "I am beginning to suspect that Edward is a vampire."

JACOB: "Hello, Bella, and I am very clearly a werewolf. Look at my wacky canines."
BELLA: "What do you have against Edward, anyway?"
JACOB: "I am a werewolf."
BELLA: "I am convinced that you are a normal human being."
JACOB: "Everyone in my tribe is a werewolf. I am in my tribe; I am also a werewolf. We are all werewolves."
BELLA: "I have no reason to believe that you are more than human."

And what exactly is Bella's problem? Why does she fall head-over-heels with an anti-social, almost preternaturally awkward, whiny, mascara-wearing emo cunt?

lord_day

I guess the guy who wrote XKCD was right. You can't be too stupid for youtube.

brocerius

When i say 'Abortion is murder' i mean just that; it is the taking of life - in that, from conception, a fetus is as definably life as is a bacteria, a puppy, or Stephen Hawking. This is how i think it differs from contraception, masturbation, and not screwing Dave.

Blue_Tetris quotes (all taken from a topic on abortion)

Eating vegetables instead of meat lowers your sperm count, clearly killing potential children. Vegetarians are murderers.

If a chair comes into my house and I don't want it there, I do everything in my power to remove it. What makes you think you have more rights than a chair when you go into someone else's home unannounced?

If I'm sleeping around without a condom, I'm likely to have a child too. When I wear a condom, I prevent the likely child I would have. Condoms are for murderers. I'm good at picking up dates and getting them into the sack, so if I restrain myself from going clubbing then I am prventing a potential child. Non-socialites are murderers.

GTM

What ever happened to the purpose of Christmas anyway, I thought it was about elves smacking each other over the head with a shovel whilst Santa drank whisky and egged them on.

I give you a laser printer and set it to stun

Tsukatu

Deathconsciousness: "Deism is closer to atheism than theism."
Demonz: "Oh? How's that?"
Deathconsciousness: "Well, deism is the belief that there's a-"
Demonz: *grabs airhorn* *FNNNRRRRRRRRTT*
Deathconsciousness: "..."
Demonz: *puts down airhorn* "Sorry, you were saying?"
Deathconsciousness: "...a being that created the uni-"
Demonz: *grabs airhorn* *FNNNRRRRRRRRTT*
Demonz: *puts down airhorn* "Please continue."
Deathconsciousness: "Are you going to let me finish this time?"
Demonz: "Given that I had to stop you twice just now in the same sentence, I don't think that's likely."
*Tsukatu wanders in*
Tsukatu: "Anyone seen my airhorn?"
Demonz: "Yeah, it's right here. I needed to borrow it for a sec. I knew you wouldn't mind."
Tsukatu: "Oh, yeah, that's fine. I'm just about to head into the Okay With Gays thread."
Demonz: "Here you go." *hands Tsukatu the airhorn*
Tsukatu: "Thanks." *exits the thread*
Demonz: "Where were we?"
Deathconsciousness: "I was saying how atheists also believe th-"
Demonz: "AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!"
Deathconsciousness: (startled) "What was that?"
Demonz: "Sorry, I don't have the airhorn anymore. Do go on."
*an airhorn sounds in a nearby thread*

deathconsciousness

a lack of belief is still a belief that something in itself is lacking. please dont be arrogant.

demonzlunchbreak

What the jesus balls are you talking about?

Walking on Broken Glass
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/beethoveN

Postby beethoveN » 2008.12.02 (17:24)

continue making them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just PLEASE go back to the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear.
-
William Shakespeare

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Leaff
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Leaff » 2008.12.14 (03:14)

Two things:

One, the story-based N version of your comics are the best.

And two, did you use N poser for the ninjas?

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2008.12.14 (19:38)

Aww, I was going to make some epic comic for #88 since 8 and 88 are my favourite integers. But my unwillingness to split up this semi-failed story thing prevented me from doing so. Yeah, this ends kind of abruptly and I'll be the first to admit it's not that funny, but I didn't want to just cancel it, so here it is:

Attachments
Null Reality 7.png

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net