Dem' Rules.

Create, share, and discuss the community's popular webcomics.
Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.09.28 (02:31)

1. Do not make new topics unless you have two comics done. This is simple; Good feedback might motivate you to make more comics, but it probably won't. Furthermore, not all great comics get attention. Plenty of comics have been comparably good to The Real N; few got the same exposure. So, if you don't get good feedback, don't give up.

2. What Lenny and Turiski say basically goes. I have bi-polar disorder. I will be a dick. I am fallible. These guys will be the people to look to for good great good advice for comics.

3. If you have your name on more than 2 of the topics on the first page, chances are you don't need to post more. Lachesis is a frakkin' idiot. People want to hear that their comic is great; people also want to know why. If you have enough time to kill to read through every comic on the first page and constructively comment, make your own comic. You have too much time to kill.

4. There is a Giants in the Playground situation. So, I'm going to say this: Don't post links to other forums where your comics are at. There's no reason not to just post the comics.

5. And finally, even if somebody asks, don't post to let us know that the next comic is on the way UNLESS you edit the comic into that post. Post when you have the goods, not just whenever.
Loathes

It Must've Been Love
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/XiAH

Postby Lachesis » 2009.09.28 (03:03)

SlappyMcGee wrote: 3. If you have your name on more than 2 of the topics on the first page, chances are you don't need to post more. Lachesis is a frakkin' idiot. People want to hear that their comic is great; people also want to know why. If you have enough time to kill to read through every comic on the first page and constructively comment, make your own comic. You have too much time to kill.

5. And finally, even if somebody asks, don't post to let us know that the next comic is on the way UNLESS you edit the comic into that post. Post when you have the goods, not just whenever.
3. I already have a comic. And I was making them while I made all those posts. What else do you suggest I do with my time?

5. When I post to say that I have a comic on the way, it usually means I am putting the finishing touches on it. If somebody has posted since I said that I had one on the way, I will put it in a new post, otherwise, I will edit it in.

Other than those two things, I agree completely with these rules and will try my best to adhere to them.
^made by Life247^
Image - Made by UniverseZero
Kickin' It Ninja Style! is at Episode 01-1 as of OCT11
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

A Small Bit of Code (Tweak), The Great Nation of Hispanyanlandia (OneSevenNine), The Land of Rape and Honey (87654321), Don (COMMET), Omega (COMMET), N: The Legacy (DarkN), U (Drathmoore), and My zombified-webcomic-which-needs-a-name (Wannas)

Quotes

"My parents thinks I incredibly smart and has lots of expectations from me." -Tunco

[Old Forums: 341 (0.07% of total forum posts)]
Coming Soon
other sig - made by Vyacheslav

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby otters » 2009.09.28 (03:11)

Lachesis wrote:I already have a comic. And I was making them while I made all those posts. What else do you suggest I do with my time?
Think of ways not to be a spammy cock?

Bayking

Postby Animator » 2009.09.28 (03:11)

3. I already have a comic. And I was making them while I made all those posts. What else do you suggest I do with my time?
Stay focused on the making of your comics instead of going around reading posts? You're pretty much advertising them in threads if you talk about it, and that's not the original point of the thread you're posting in, now is it?

Edit: Wight, not what I had in mind.

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye

Postby otters » 2009.09.28 (03:12)

Subterfuge wrote:Edit: Wight, not what I had in mind.
No, this is what I had in mind. Sorry, carry on.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Lachesis » 2009.09.28 (03:17)

@Wight: I agree, I was a spammy cock there for about 20 minutes or so...

@Subterfuge: Yeah, I definitely need to start focusing more on the comic-making in lieu of recent revelations...
^made by Life247^
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

A Small Bit of Code (Tweak), The Great Nation of Hispanyanlandia (OneSevenNine), The Land of Rape and Honey (87654321), Don (COMMET), Omega (COMMET), N: The Legacy (DarkN), U (Drathmoore), and My zombified-webcomic-which-needs-a-name (Wannas)

Quotes

"My parents thinks I incredibly smart and has lots of expectations from me." -Tunco

Coming Soon

Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.09.28 (11:16)

What part of "Dem's da roolz" don't y'all understand?

Don't waffle. Don't make exceptions. Don't pancake. Don't be a hound.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.09.28 (13:15)

Lachesis wrote:
SlappyMcGee wrote: 3. If you have your name on more than 2 of the topics on the first page, chances are you don't need to post more. Lachesis is a frakkin' idiot. People want to hear that their comic is great; people also want to know why. If you have enough time to kill to read through every comic on the first page and constructively comment, make your own comic. You have too much time to kill.

5. When I post to say that I have a comic on the way, it usually means I am putting the finishing touches on it. If somebody has posted since I said that I had one on the way, I will put it in a new post, otherwise, I will edit it in.

Other than those two things, I agree completely with these rules and will try my best to adhere to them.
I'm not sure what you mean by three. Read a good book? Watch the news? Read the comics without posting? Post well instead of pointlessly? Watch a movie?

And as far as five go, this is in direct contradiction with the rules. You basically just said, "Look, I know that the rules say I shouldn't do X. You don't know why I'm doing X, though, so I'mma still do X."

This rule wasn't directed at you, but it is a rule. Please realize that the agreement of a spammer is not necessary.
Loathes

dreams slip through our fingers like hott slut sexxx
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Tunco123
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Tunco » 2009.09.28 (16:25)

What if that we have an update for the comic but nobody commented on the topic, the previous post is our post. Should we double post or edit the post. Because that making a post can be view on View new posts page, people would realize we updated the comic and would get more attention.
spoiler

It Must've Been Love

Postby Lachesis » 2009.09.28 (19:42)

Tunco123 wrote:What if that we have an update for the comic but nobody commented on the topic, the previous post is our post. Should we double post or edit the post. Because that making a post can be view on View new posts page, people would realize we updated the comic and would get more attention.
This is kinda what I meant, because if you just edit it into the last post where you said that you were releasing, it shows no new posts and get virtually no attention.
SlappyMcGee wrote: And as far as five go, this is in direct contradiction with the rules. You basically just said, "Look, I know that the rules say I shouldn't do X. You don't know why I'm doing X, though, so I'mma still do X."
See my response to Tunco's post.
^made by Life247^
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

Quotes

Coming Soon

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.09.28 (20:34)

Lachesis wrote:
Tunco123 wrote:What if that we have an update for the comic but nobody commented on the topic, the previous post is our post. Should we double post or edit the post. Because that making a post can be view on View new posts page, people would realize we updated the comic and would get more attention.
This is kinda what I meant, because if you just edit it into the last post where you said that you were releasing, it shows no new posts and get virtually no attention.
SlappyMcGee wrote: And as far as five go, this is in direct contradiction with the rules. You basically just said, "Look, I know that the rules say I shouldn't do X. You don't know why I'm doing X, though, so I'mma still do X."

Which is why you should never FUCKING post that you have a new comic on the way! HOW FUCKING DENSE ARE YOU? If you double post, it's because you're posting the next comic in the fucking series. That's why this is one of the forums here where double posting is allowed; new comics warrant new posts. If you post to let me know that there is a comic on the way, do not worry about editing your comic in, because I will likely delete the post. That's why the rule is "Don't make these fucking posts".
Loathes

It Must've Been Love

Postby Lachesis » 2009.09.28 (21:12)

SlappyMcGee wrote:
Lachesis wrote:

Which is why you should never FUCKING post that you have a new comic on the way! HOW FUCKING DENSE ARE YOU? If you double post, it's because you're posting the next comic in the fucking series. That's why this is one of the forums here where double posting is allowed; new comics warrant new posts. If you post to let me know that there is a comic on the way, do not worry about editing your comic in, because I will likely delete the post. That's why the rule is "Don't make these fucking posts".
Okay, I'll obey it to the best of my ability.
^made by Life247^
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

Quotes

Coming Soon

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2009.09.30 (22:29)

Might I suggest locking the rules thread?

EDIT: Agree with below--oughta delete all the comments and lock.
Last edited by otters~1 on 2009.09.30 (22:46), edited 1 time in total.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

Not So Awesome Blossom
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Vyacheslav » 2009.09.30 (22:37)

One of those threads that should've been made locked to begin with.

Cross-Galactic Train Conducter
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/T3chno
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby T3chno » 2009.09.30 (23:09)

Daaaamn, Slappy. You're the John Adams of these forums.

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.10.01 (00:00)

I didn't want to censor anybody with serious gripes about the rules.
Loathes

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.10.01 (04:06)

Yes masa. Tote that GIMP. Lift that Photoshop.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Antagonistic Fencesitter
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/KinGAleX

Postby KinGAleX » 2009.10.03 (04:57)

Lachesis wrote:Okay, I'll obey it to the best of my ability.
I don't want to necessarily get embroiled in this, but "to the best of my ability" is not the attitude Slappy's looking for here. It's alright if you're doing a favour for someone, but this is not a favour. It is a stipulation, and if you can't put up with that, get out. It's a simple fuckin' rule, and it's just as simple for you to follow it. Do so, stop being a snarky bitch, and maybe let your pride and these strange privileges you feel you deserve sit by the wayside for a little while, dumpling.
* Sig provided by Steve.
* Avatar manufactured by LittleViking.
More relevant images!

spect - There are more posts like this and it's like posting "I don't have any pie." in a Pie Forum.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Lachesis » 2009.10.03 (05:14)

KinGAleX wrote:
I don't want to necessarily get embroiled in this, but "to the best of my ability" is not the attitude Slappy's looking for here. It's alright if you're doing a favour for someone, but this is not a favour. It is a stipulation, and if you can't put up with that, get out. It's a simple fuckin' rule, and it's just as simple for you to follow it. Do so, stop being a snarky bitch, and maybe let your pride and these strange privileges you feel you deserve sit by the wayside for a little while, dumpling.
I see what you mean. What I meant was that I would follow them consciously, I may break one every now and then subconsciously. If I do break a rule, the the post will be deleted or edited immediately.
^made by Life247^
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

Quotes

Coming Soon

Antagonistic Fencesitter

Postby KinGAleX » 2009.10.03 (05:22)

Lachesis wrote:
KinGAleX wrote:
I see what you mean. What I meant was that I would follow them consciously, I may break one every now and then subconsciously. If I do break a rule, the the post will be deleted or edited immediately.
I'm glad that you're making concessions for the fact that no-one can honestly hold to their word one hundred per cent of the time, but that's being quite needlessly finicky. If you really feel that you will subconsciously break the rules, maybe you need some time out from your shell, because in this world in which we live, you have to take responsibility for your actions and choices, subconscious or not. Saying that it's okay to subconsciously break rules because we'll just cover up for you anyway is a bit of a copout, and shows how obviously you're trying to stay on the front foot in this exchange. Let it be known from here that you are not on the front foot. You have no clout. You cannot win. I expect you to take what I've said humbly and honestly and to apologise for being underhandedly arrogant about a situation to which the only importance you hold is your overworked sense of self-worth and the way you've exhibited that to the forum at large. I'm not impressed. Apologise for your bullshit and move on, or I'll stop making concessions for you.
* Sig provided by Steve.
More relevant images!

spect - There are more posts like this and it's like posting "I don't have any pie." in a Pie Forum.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Lachesis » 2009.10.03 (05:27)

KinGAleX wrote: I'm glad that you're making concessions for the fact that no-one can honestly hold to their word one hundred per cent of the time, but that's being quite needlessly finicky. If you really feel that you will subconsciously break the rules, maybe you need some time out from your shell, because in this world in which we live, you have to take responsibility for your actions and choices, subconscious or not. Saying that it's okay to subconsciously break rules because we'll just cover up for you anyway is a bit of a copout, and shows how obviously you're trying to stay on the front foot in this exchange. Let it be known from here that you are not on the front foot. You have no clout. You cannot win. I expect you to take what I've said humbly and honestly and to apologise for beinh underhandedly arrogant about a situation to which the only importance you hold is your overworked sense of self-worth and the way you've exhibited that to the forum at large. I'm not impressed. Apologise for your bullshit and move on, or I'll stop making concessions for you.

I'm wasn't saying that it is okay to break rules subconsciously, but that I will eventually break a rule or two, but immediately correct myself.

I APOLOGIZE FOR MY BULLSHIT.
^made by Life247^
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

Quotes

Coming Soon

Antagonistic Fencesitter

Postby KinGAleX » 2009.10.03 (05:40)

That first sentence there was unnecessary. You're being needlessly argumentative, and I understand the impulse, how you're trying to protect your arrogance. I will repeat that it's nice that you're conceding that no-one's perfect, but this is not the vehicle from which to preach. No-one is offended by the prospect of you possibly going against the rules you claim to intend to follow, since we've already told you that it won't be tolerated. To me it seems as though you're trying to claim some power and individuality in the freedom you have to break the rules. If you really do think that you're going to try your very utmost cherry-topped hardest to go with what you've been told, it need not be said that you will police yourself as though you were us; however, you are not a member of the staff, you do not have that power, and with the absurd amount of smart-assed backchat you continue to expel I find you hard to trust or respect. For the last time, I want to see a sincere apology for wasting each member of the staff's time with your irresponsible behaviour and unwillingness to cooperate fully with the terms that we as leaders of this community put to you. If you choose to append it with another refutation of something I supposedly do not understand, consider your grave dug unless you've got some hard evidence, or plan to be more honest and explicit as to your intentions and why they are not as malicious as they so outwardly seem.
* Sig provided by Steve.
More relevant images!

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.10.03 (14:33)

KinGAleX wrote:That first sentence there was unnecessary. You're being needlessly argumentative, and I understand the impulse, how you're trying to protect your arrogance. I will repeat that it's nice that you're conceding that no-one's perfect, but this is not the vehicle from which to preach. No-one is offended by the prospect of you possibly going against the rules you claim to intend to follow, since we've already told you that it won't be tolerated. To me it seems as though you're trying to claim some power and individuality in the freedom you have to break the rules. If you really do think that you're going to try your very utmost cherry-topped hardest to go with what you've been told, it need not be said that you will police yourself as though you were us; however, you are not a member of the staff, you do not have that power, and with the absurd amount of smart-assed backchat you continue to expel I find you hard to trust or respect. For the last time, I want to see a sincere apology for wasting each member of the staff's time with your irresponsible behaviour and unwillingness to cooperate fully with the terms that we as leaders of this community put to you. If you choose to append it with another refutation of something I supposedly do not understand, consider your grave dug unless you've got some hard evidence, or plan to be more honest and explicit as to your intentions and why they are not as malicious as they so outwardly seem.

YOU JUST GOT KAX'D.
Loathes

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.10.03 (15:02)

It Must've Been Love

Postby Lachesis » 2009.10.04 (05:46)

Wow, I've reread my posts, and wow. I really make myself look like a complete asshole. I sincerely apologize for all the bullshit that I made you go through. Something like this will never, I repeat, never happened again. Ever. Again, sorry for the bullshit.
^made by Life247^
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS

Quotes

Coming Soon