Things you did that I like/appreciate:
- YOUR NINJAS' FEET ARE ON THE GROUND! THANK YOU! ITS NOT THAT HARD, IS IT?
- 2-1 is well done, artistically. It's also really funny, but you did the drone's reaction well.
- I would look very long and hard at what makes 2-4 good. It doesn't feel like something that I see often, in webcomics in general, and I think you can make something of that voice.
- Gag-a-day comics are really cool, and I don't think we've had one with staying power since... Lenny? Am I forgetting something obvious (30-minute comics don't count)? I appreciate it and so do all the people who responded.
- I'm not a big fan of things like 2-2.
- You have a thing with fonts. I's okay to experiment for a little while, but eventually you need to find 2 and stick with them. For reference, right now you have 4: Papyrus for the title & number, the pixel font, the one for the ninjas and the one for the drones. Also, you had the random font for the last panel of 1-2, but it hasn't shown up anywhere else, so I'm ignoring it.
- While we're on fonts, Papyrus really is a bad font. If you can't understand why, don't worry too much. I definitely liked it a lot before... just trust me on this one. And about the continuity of title font - meh. You're just starting. Change it at the start of one of the episodes.
- When you do laser drones in the future, lay the laser down before the drone. That way you don't end up with the awkward art like 2-3 (I'm assuming you're using Paint. If you actually have layers, use Bring To Front instead)
- Some would say your panel borders are too thin. I'm not really sure. Borders are one of those things that usually when you think about them they look really tacky, but their actual implementation is pretty slick.
- Usually, it is not good to have the borders run up against the edge of the image. You shouldn't delete the borders (please God no) but just expand the grey "frame" in all directions 5-10 pixels. I'm pretty sure this will look better.
Just minor stuff, really. The concept is intriguing. With the exception of 2-2, the 2s are just superb. I'm definitely looking forward to this, and you know as well as I do that nobody cares when you update here. As long as you keep updating Uprising.
I'm watching you, Mr. I Can Totally Write Two Comics At Once :P