Batch GIF to CUR

Talk about computers, hardware, applications, and consumer electronics.
Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2010.07.25 (02:26)

I have about 100 cursors, all in GIF format. I was wondering if anyone knew any free batch converters that could covert them to a usable CUR format; Google's a pain, in that basically ever link is to a program that doesn't do the job properly and/or needs money to do it properly.

On a side note, is there any program (like GIMP or Photoshop, preferably free and able to handle transparency) that I can use to make / edit cursors?

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.07.25 (04:36)

There appears to be a Linux tool called icotool that reports to do exactly what you're asking (with batch processing, to boot). It was already installed on my machine, so it probably came with my windowing system (GNOME). Simply run man icotool to get usage information and crank these bitches out in under a minute.
...unless you're not using Linux, in which case you appear to be fucked.
Good luck!
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.07.25 (13:32)

Tsukatu wrote:There appears to be a Linux tool called icotool that reports to do exactly what you're asking (with batch processing, to boot). It was already installed on my machine, so it probably came with my windowing system (GNOME). Simply run man icotool to get usage information and crank these bitches out in under a minute.
...unless you're not using Linux, in which case you appear to be fucked.
Good luck!

Tsukatu, do you get paid by the post or is it just a lump sum?
Loathes

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.07.25 (22:01)

By
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Retrofuturist

the
spoiler

Retrofuturist

post.
spoiler

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye

Postby otters » 2010.07.26 (22:20)

Tsukatu wrote:By
Tsukatu wrote:the
Tsukatu wrote:post.
None of these were about Linux. You disappoint me.

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2010.08.12 (23:50)

If icotool is just a command line utility, he could probably just install Cygwin.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.08.13 (00:10)

hairscapades wrote:If icotool is just a command line utility, he could probably just install Cygwin.
That's a pretty small issue to install Cygwin to fix (other than Cygwin generally fixing a Winblows machine's inherent usability problems).
I'm also not seeing icotool in Cygwin's software repository (or it'd be next to ico, the "Xorg icosahedron animator" o_O), so he'd have to install Cygwin and compile icotool from source.
Sounds like fun to me!
spoiler

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.08.13 (15:48)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:
hairscapades wrote:If icotool is just a command line utility, he could probably just install Cygwin.
That's a pretty small issue to install Cygwin to fix (other than Cygwin generally fixing a Winblows machine's inherent usability problems).
I'm also not seeing icotool in Cygwin's software repository (or it'd be next to ico, the "Xorg icosahedron animator" o_O), so he'd have to install Cygwin and compile icotool from source.
Sounds like fun to me!
Linux: It's not quite Windows, it's not quite Mac, but
it comes with the source of cantaloupe at the end. You don't get
completely what you would with Windows, but you get a good OS!
Loathes

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.08.13 (21:36)

SłappyMcGee wrote:You don't get completely what you would with Windows, but you get a good OS!
"This server may not share all the properties of a burlap sack of horse shit, but it is stable!"

Also -- cantaloupes?
spoiler

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.08.14 (04:01)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:
SłappyMcGee wrote:You don't get completely what you would with Windows, but you get a good OS!
"This server may not share all the properties of a burlap sack of horse shit, but it is stable!"

Also -- cantaloupes?

/me prays this image refreshes your memory.
Loathes

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2010.08.14 (11:58)

I remember that episode... but cantaloupes?
spoiler

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2010.08.14 (13:01)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:I remember that episode... but cantaloupes?
sigh
Jacques wrote: You'd love it, It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but
it comes with a slice of cantaloupe at the end. You don't get
completely what you would at breakfast, but you get a good meal!
Loathes