Nitroglycerine

Share and discuss your N map releases in this forum.

Moderator: zoasBE

Eleven Squared
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/nevershine

Postby nevershine » 2009.10.25 (16:23)

<<< [ NITROGLYCERINE ] >>>

contains 30 maps, including 1 special collab with Jugglekid. (Sun Nova)

Please notice: This pack is //OLD// and therefore not the best. Don't have too high expectations. :)

special THANKS to:

amconline,
brainstone and
fireburnsfree
for playtesting.

furry ant
for the awesome sig!

have fun, feedback would be much appreciated.
Attachments
NITROGLYCERINE.txt
(61.74 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Last edited by nevershine on 2011.08.07 (14:26), edited 7 times in total.

<~blue_tetris> First off, making a game and calling it the sequel to Tetris is like making "Butter 2: Revenge of Butter".
<~blue_tetris> And it's actually margarine.

Boeing Boeing Bone!
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Seneschal
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Seneschal » 2009.10.25 (22:47)

I love it. Every map is an adventure: exciting, dangerous, beautiful, and oodles of fun. The old ones felt as fresh upon replaying them as the new ones. Excellent job all round!

Eleven Squared
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/nevershine

Postby nevershine » 2009.10.26 (13:02)

thanks! means a lot man ;)

/edit/ anyone for some more feedback?

<~blue_tetris> First off, making a game and calling it the sequel to Tetris is like making "Butter 2: Revenge of Butter".
<~blue_tetris> And it's actually margarine.

The Konami Number
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/_destiny%5E%2D
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Destiny » 2009.11.09 (14:01)

<3 The End

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2011.07.20 (02:41)

Not the best mappack by you. :/

• Adventure in a cheeseball >> While it did feel like an adventure, I didn't enjoy its cadywampous atmosphere. Nothing felt right about it.
  • Aztec Riddle >> That was a cruel trick you used on an otherwise good map. Just move the trapdoor trigger down to the floor.
  • Beach Paradise >> I recall this being the very first map of yours I played on NUMA. Very much like something I would make.
  • Between Goliath's legs >> This was featured on NUMA. But it isn't refined enough for me. There isn't any structure to the placement of the inside mines/gold/triggers.
  • Christian's Inferno >> I don't want to get mad at you, but I hate this level. It's horribly linear and ramshackle.
  • Criminal Cactus >> There was a time and place for this type of map (2006 on numa.notdot.net) but has now passed.
  • Crystl Rosz >> Minejumpers aren't my favorite genre, but this one wasn't too bad. A bit spare on gold though.
  • Disadvantages of eternal life >> I had an extremely hard time with this map. The composition was a bit sketch, but the enemies were decent.
  • Elvis >> I didn't bother to complete it. Not enjoyable.
  • Finally, the story of a new hero! >> This was a very convoluted map. It all played decently, but didn't have much organization.
  • Glacier Crack >> Another map that wasn't very organized. The drone part was okay, but the rest of the map felt incomplete.
  • God put a smile upon your face >> Backtracking to the exit was not necessary, but everything else was good.
  • Iridium City >> Whew, tough map to highscore. While it wasn't polished enough, it played fairly well.
  • Last Night on Earth >> You didn't really need to block off the rocket, but that was the only con. Good map otherwise.
  • Let's build something BIG >> This was anothr map where nothing felt right about it.
  • Marble, Stone and Iron >> If you were to come back to this one and clean up the gameplay, it would be an excellent map.
  • Monument Breakdown >> Superb map. Everything worked. Userlevel'd.
  • Nitroglycerine >> I lucked out on finishing this map. I wasn't really watching the drone. Pretty neat design though.
  • Peacemaker (race) >> Skipped.
  • Phoenix >> Another map which was too long. You should only need to go around the top once.
  • Skycastle Ruins >> I didn't like the start because I couldn't get all the gold. The rest of it wasn't good either.
  • Specters in my Dreams >> Way too difficult. Less rockets and no chaingun.
  • The joke >> I really enjoyed this. It could be a Metanet level.
  • The machine that makes my maps >> There was a lot of extra objects in the map, but it was well-made.
  • The Starscream >> Hmm, not enough structure. If there was flow, I couldn't find it.
  • Time Galleon >> The lack of consistency in the map annoyed me way too much. I couldn't enjoy playing it.
  • Zeta (Epilogue) Eternal Flight >> This map felt slapped together. The drone is only good for one dodge, and the thwumps are rather stupid.
  • Zeta (Epilogue) The End? >> Interesting map. While I didn't bother highscoring it, I did like the rockets.
  • Zeta (Epilogue) Towards the Evening Star >> Another sparse map. It didn't really feel finished.
  • Bonus : Sun Nova >> I played this on NUMA a long time ago. The gold was the only thing I didn't enjoy.

And as always, here are some demos.
Attachments
nitroglycerine-demos.txt
(93.88 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//

Return to “Mappacks”