Page 1 of 2

Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (21:23)
by unoriginal name
It's finally here, what you all used to be waiting for. Logik 2, limping to the finish.

I had nothing to do with arrangement of these levels, which are ALL the levels received. In some agreement I was unaware of, the managers promised to put every level received in the pack. While I did not know this, I still apologize for all of the bad levels within, some of which I must admit are mine.

Does it look like I'm distancing myself from this badly managed wreck? Well, I am. I don't like how this ended up, at all. Blame any technical errors on behappyy. . . . Yeah, whatever, just play it. Sigh.

EDIT: behappyy has fixed the errors.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Wating"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (21:40)
by Pikman
Just to point out a few things -

1. There is no map 9-1.
2. Whichever map is supposed to be 4-1 is not labeled.
3. There are some weird squares in between levels.
4. You spelled "waiting" incorrectly in the topic title.
5. The me/gloomp collabs were not included. :(

Re: Logik 2 - "The Wating"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (22:01)
by notsteve
pikman, you weren't in the pack, we never received that level...
on the other side, don't blame gloomp or behappyy for anything, it was mostly just due to several technical difficulties....techno abondoning us, no one having time to put the thing together, bad overall organization, me deleting the files when they were finally done...

Re: Logik 2 - "The Wating"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (22:22)
by behappyy
Yay it's finally out. I fix the few problems and I also asked animator if he could make sig tags for the people who contributed.

Bellow is the fixed version. Gloomp will update it later.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (22:44)
by Evil_Sire
I'd give it a 3/5. Why? Because there were some really bad levels in there, some of it felt like the map creators were trying way too hard to be PALEMOON. And most of it was unpolished stuff.

But saying that, some of it was really awesome, and I enjoyed most of the pack. Kudos!

EDIT: Downloaded gloomp's

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (22:46)
by TribulatioN
Evil_Sire wrote:I'd give it a 3/5. Why? Because there were some really bad levels in there, some of it felt like the map creators were trying way too hard to be PALEMOON. And most of it was unpolished stuff.

But saying that, some of it was really awesome, and I enjoyed most of the pack. Kudos!

EDIT: Downloaded gloomp's

what a contradiction.

Well I found the map to be quite fun, bad maps set aside.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.16 (23:13)
by handofgod
wow we totally blew all of our hard work

EDIT: this is also old, my style has changed a ton since then.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Wating"

Posted: 2008.11.17 (01:24)
by Pikman
notsteve wrote:pikman, you weren't in the pack, we never received that level...

It was posted on pastebin as gloomp/kisler, and I thought gloomp PMed it to whoever was in charge at the time (Condog?)

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.17 (08:55)
by SkyPanda
I have no idea what this is, and it sounds like you guys are still trying to sort it all out, but i'd just like to throw in that I really liked the design in "8-4 Aloof Zepher" (Apart from the random drone train). :p

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.17 (16:56)
by unoriginal name
SkyPanda wrote:I have no idea what this is, and it sounds like you guys are still trying to sort it all out, but i'd just like to throw in that I really liked the design in "8-4 Aloof Zepher" (Apart from the random drone train). :p

Thanks. <3

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.17 (19:21)
by golf
Since you didn't realize that there was a promise made that all the maps were going to be included, maybe you could release a "Director's Cut" or something similar that gets rid of the bad maps, and makes a higher quality pack overall. As a contributing mapper, I would completely understand if some (or all) of my maps got sacked in this Director's Cut because they didn't make the grade. This way, you still have the original promise of all maps in the pack, and you have a high-quality pack that is minus the worse maps.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.17 (22:57)
by handofgod
golfkid wrote:Since you didn't realize that there was a promise made that all the maps were going to be included, maybe you could release a "Director's Cut" or something similar that gets rid of the bad maps, and makes a higher quality pack overall. As a contributing mapper, I would completely understand if some (or all) of my maps got sacked in this Director's Cut because they didn't make the grade. This way, you still have the original promise of all maps in the pack, and you have a high-quality pack that is minus the worse maps.


ooooooo snazzy. I like.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.17 (23:22)
by notsteve
yes, but too much work
if there is a next one, it will have hand selected mappers so we wont run into this problem

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.18 (00:55)
by unoriginal name
notsteve wrote:yes, but too much work

No, not too much work. I'm totally doing it. Awesome idea golfkid.

Or I'm probably doing it. I'm an awful procrastinator, so I'm not giving a release date until I'm done, if then.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.18 (02:28)
by TribulatioN
After 90+ minutes of playing this pack, I've decided, that 9-3: Rockets Three, is my favourite.
It's taken up 30 of those 90 minutes. And all 30 minutes were enjoyed.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.18 (03:03)
by BNW
Once you get past episode 1, it starts to get better, but then you seriously doubt the integrity of this pack when there are simple and easy maps stacked between epic and terribly hard maps.

Could have been better, but I completely understand what happened.

3.5/5

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.18 (05:18)
by SkyPanda
gloomp wrote:Thanks. <3

Hahaha I guessed it was yours ;)

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.18 (07:28)
by Riobe
Some were ok, and some were fantastic (0-4 blew my mind). Still, Overall good pack.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.18 (23:25)
by notsteve
TribulatioN wrote:After 90+ minutes of playing this pack, I've decided, that 9-3: Rockets Three, is my favourite.
It's taken up 30 of those 90 minutes. And all 30 minutes were enjoyed.



heh thanks :D
i was debating over submitting that one actually..

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.19 (04:22)
by Mustardude
Some levels were too metanetish!
Good though!

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.19 (04:38)
by Condog
Mustardude wrote:Some levels were too metanetish!
Good though!

O_o How can a level be too metanetish? You can never have enough Metanet!

If we do this directors cut, i could help out more than i did originally. If someone else trimmed the pack down, i'd be happy to sort out a nice order for them.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.19 (05:05)
by TribulatioN
notsteve wrote:
TribulatioN wrote:After 90+ minutes of playing this pack, I've decided, that 9-3: Rockets Three, is my favourite.
It's taken up 30 of those 90 minutes. And all 30 minutes were enjoyed.



heh thanks :D
i was debating over submitting that one actually..

Well I'm glad you did!

Edit: Oh yeah, I found the metanetism to be quite interesting, and rather fun.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.19 (18:11)
by unoriginal name
Condog wrote:If we do this directors cut, i could help out more than i did originally. If someone else trimmed the pack down, i'd be happy to sort out a nice order for them.

Sure, we'd love you on board. When we pick everything, we'll send the levels your way.

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.24 (17:58)
by golf
Since there's really no place else to put this, here's an AGD run I got of 2-4: Circulosis Syndrome.



Can anybody beat this?

Re: Logik 2 - "The Waiting"

Posted: 2008.11.24 (18:08)
by Why Me
golfkid wrote:Since there's really no place else to put this, here's an AGD run I got of 2-4: Circulosis Syndrome.



Can anybody beat this?




There. It's not that hard. Non-FBF'd, too.