The First Game Remix.

Got a project? Want some help, ideas, advice, or just want to get the word out? This is your place.

Postby FireDevil » 2009.02.11 (23:34)

Okay this game idea was unique but a beat em up 2-d would be far easier and funnier to code and therefore would be the best.

SO imagine that you are a young man/woman and you wish for glory and money and all that comes with but you must become a gladiator and you impress some many people that they want you too keep fighting. But who do you fight when you have already beaten the best of your age. Before anyone could come to match you your already weakened by age and many will wonder if they could of beaten you at your prime.

Well that wont happen in this tale for before you can even take the glory and prize of coin and flesh you be whisked into the future to face another arena and an entire new age of warriors where would would end untill the gods thirst for blood stops with either your demise or the death of the greatest from every era...

Welcome to the project of the sub group Dimensional Games and this game project is declared. (Working Title)
Life and Death. How will you choose to meet them?

Beyond a Perfect Math Score

Postby Luminaflare » 2009.02.12 (11:59)

What you said to me last night seems to work quite well as a title. Time Arena.

Jedi Pimp
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/toasters
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby toasters » 2009.02.15 (20:11)

When you say "beat em up 2-d" I'm thinking Street Fighter or something, is that right? In any case, it should be a very, very simple game. As in two sprites, a jump button, and a punch button. Especially since it's your first game, and especially since you're coding in a language you're unfamiliar with. I'm more or less in the same boat you are, because I'm making a game myself, and I'm definitely not the best programmer. My best advice would be to sit down and design every part of the game you can think of before you start coding, and try not to let yourself get carried away with adding features. You might also want to think about setting aside all games for the moment and focusing on learning C++ first.
------------------------------------------------------------
/////////////////////// solar beats ///////////////////////
------------------------------------------------------------

The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/santa_hat_crusader

Postby Superpok » 2009.02.23 (01:49)

yeah, that's what i was going to say, a lot of the stuff in the other topics looked a bit ambitious
Signature Bars

Remembering Hoxygen
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rikaninja

Postby Rikaninja » 2009.03.28 (09:13)

Robots, ninja's, fluffy bunny rabbits! The devil and and a clone of exactly the same skill level of yourself!

Also, I think that you should make like a menu where you can choose oponents and there is a stat menu for them and a animated pic. Something like this would have to have good quality imaging to be nice. Not that cartoonist. In my opion though.