Character Profiles

Got a project? Want some help, ideas, advice, or just want to get the word out? This is your place.

Postby FireDevil » 2008.11.20 (19:26)

This is the thread where members of the dimensional Games group come to put forward Ideas of characters.

In this thread the double posting rule is waved if you have an idea then put it bloody down for all to see.

Okay A story is a sequence of events played out between characters made but for some interesting interactions the characters have to full bodied and original.

So help me make some characters.
Life and Death. How will you choose to meet them?

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Kablizzy » 2008.11.20 (19:31)

What type of characters are we going for? 'Cause I'll have some ideas down for ya'll.
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

Postby FireDevil » 2008.11.20 (20:52)

Name - Nerain Hogeth
Age - 26
Build - Solid
Sex - Male
Race - Human Unmutated
Physical Description:
Nerain Stands at an ever 6ft 2. With unimaginable black hair and dark brown eyes he long ago learned to guard his emotions by not showing it on his face. He wear normal Brown Breaches and a whites shirt however he wears armour on this outfit covering up the vital points he carries a single longsword as his hilt and wears travelling boots and fingerless gloves. Both brown. Hmm I think adding colour to him may help.

Bio- Nerain lived a sheltered life with his mum and dad up to the age of 10 but it was at this time that his family would fall on misfortune his father had to go to war and despite them resisting to the last none of it meant anything Nerain's home was raised to the ground and his mother taken later he would find that she died in a hospital where as he was taken to his dishonoured father. He and his father as prisoners and lords were forced into servitude by threats on there peoples lives all Nerain did was follow his fathers lead.

5 Years later The country that had initially taken over Nerain's home had changed many times and Nerain entered the battle field his father and mother was both dead and his prestigious name has lost all meaning was that was left to do was to fight to survive. and for the next 11 years that is all that he did was go from one battle field to the next.

11 years later- Nerain has been ordered by his temporary superior to look after some adventurers who have permits to be in a war zone whilst on a mission for the adventurers it was here that the adventurers said that he could make it in their profession. He at the end of the mission finds that the continent over to the far western world is in a chaotic transition period and plenty of good payin work to be had so he thought why not. And sets out seeking fame and fortune with only knowing the battlefield.

Postby FireDevil » 2008.11.20 (20:54)

Surprise me Kablizzy I am looking for characters I would never of thought of. There is no wrong answer I will just tell you if I can use them or not and no I am not a selective person I like variety.

Bayking

Postby Animator » 2008.11.22 (06:55)

Ohohohoho. Lemme get my checking account and dig up the funds in my imagination to provide monetary insight into this business meeting.

Name: Arc Salin
Build: Big, strong, and rigid.
Race: Human (un)mutated

Physical Description:
Arc is 5 ft. 11. He's bald, but completely bald. Not a single hair. His head is a bit tanned for his complexity, but he has a bold and brave stare, with a wise attitude. He only wears grey pants, with a dark shirt, and black shoes. He has no weapons.

Bio: Arc was born long ago in the woodlands of Arkansas, with his Mother and Father. There he learned the true meaning of respect and discipline, as although his parents hated him with a passion (one may say it still is a mystery to this day), they taught him everything through more rough means. He lived alone, survived alone, ate alone, and was alone, to this day. At the age of 12 he left his parents, and legend goes that he took an ax and cut down 23 trees in 1 sitting. From then on, he made his home in the woods, as he studied for himself and meditated along with nature, becoming wholly wise. He became smart not only in books but in life, as he knows how and what to do in any given situation (one could not know yet since he hasn't encountered anyone in his life). He is peaceful and respectful. His weapon is his strength and his mind, for that is the true power in battle.

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy

Postby Kablizzy » 2008.11.22 (07:16)

FireDevil wrote:Surprise me Kablizzy I am looking for characters I would never of thought of. There is no wrong answer I will just tell you if I can use them or not and no I am not a selective person I like variety.
You got it. We'll see what I come up with over the weekend. =D
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

Beyond a Perfect Math Score

Postby Luminaflare » 2008.11.22 (17:03)

Before I go in to this I have an idea for the magic users of the game. They would be known as mages but that is just an umbrella term for magic users. There would be different kinds such as Spell caster, Enchanter, Summoner etc. The one this guy is, is an elemental, they have no incantations but can only usually control one of the four base elements (Elementals can only control Wind, Water, Earth and Fire) and as such can only control the base of the elements (As such fire elementals can't make things explode for instance but can send out a wave of fire). You can usually tell an elementals power just by looking at them, example: A weak fire elemental would for instance perhaps have lots of scorch marks on his clothes and stuff but a strong one would for instance have all his hair on fire constantly and the ground would heat up where he walks.

Name - <Unknown> (I'm not too good with names)
Age - 57
Build - Very thing, as if he is under nourished
Sex - Male
Race - Human Elemental
Physical Description: He is very thing and body and has long gray hair. He wears mostly casual clothes below a large ragged (only at the edges, it's entirely intact otherwise) cloak. He is an air elemental, he has a constant air flow around him billowing his cloak and hair constantly. In fighting he uses an impossible thing looking dagger and appears to teleport but rather just moves really damn fast. He can also jump large distances and survive large drops (not to say that he can survive the usual speed at which you'd hit the floor at from a large drop. He just uses wind to slow his decent).

Bio - He is a former member of the adventurers guild but about 20 years ago left to wander the magical wastes. When he left the guild he was only an average powered elemental but 20 years of wandering through magic rich wastes has increased his prowess to the point of being in the top 5 wind elementals in the world. He is chivalrous and will always help a lady in need. He refuses to fight properly unless the person deserves it (Example say some kids were annoying him he'd just blow them over but if a known murderer attacks him he'll either kill the guy or beat him to near death). During the beginning of the story he is back in town to have a drink with some old friends.

Oh and he totally wears a cowboy hat and cowboy boots.

Postby FireDevil » 2008.12.09 (00:14)

Name: Morazain Salencia
Age- Unknown
Build- Solid Muscle
Sex- Male
Race- Unknown

Morazain is covered in crude steel armour and always wears a black cloak which he often has the hood he wield a weapon knows as the scythe axe and is an enigmatic figure in many of the stories. No one really knows what his aims are or even if he does has an aim. All that is known is that he is incredibly powerful and knowledgeable and in all the fights he has been in no one ever remembers taking damage even when he was hit.

What he wants?
Who is he looking?
And who is he serving?

No one Knows.

Hawaii Five-Oh
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/condog_111

Postby Condog » 2009.02.16 (05:00)

FireDevil wrote:Image
Man, that looks awesome.

Whn i get an opportunity, i'll definitely be postin stuff here. I've been doing lots of sketches lately that would be perfect for this.

Ice Climbers are awesome. Deal with it.

Remembering Hoxygen
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rikaninja

Postby Rikaninja » 2009.02.21 (04:57)

I might try too! This is awesome and I used to be able to draw, I guess I'll be able to find out if I still can :D

The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/santa_hat_crusader

Postby Superpok » 2009.02.23 (01:33)

this is pretty cool, i'll come up with some characters some time, and you do you get into the dimensional games group...thing...majig...
Signature Bars

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby noops » 2009.03.02 (21:11)

Name: spoon
Build: spoon
Weapon: A double-bladed spoon
Sex: Please!
Race: Spoon.

He is a spoon, hardened by the many battles he fought in the Utensil Wars of 1776, when kitchenware waged battles with each other, over the fate of their respected kingdoms. The forks and knives paired together, after their many battles together over steaks and other foods of the like. Luckily, spoon-fork babies, or "sporks", as they became to be called, shunned by the fork-knife society because of their mutations, joined forces with the spoons. Combining all the benefits of a spoon and fork, they turned the tide of battle, sending the opposition retreating to the kitchen drawers, like the little plastic utensils they were. So, naturally, the spoons won, kicking ass, anc chewing bubblegum all the way to victory. But they were all out of gum.

Seriously though, I'll come up with a serious character later on. I'm a bit busy at the moment.

~spoon

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/PALEMOON Bad Thread
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby PALEMOON » 2009.03.02 (21:27)

i had this sitting around on my computer for several years, so i might as well share it. It references another forum (tundrana, icemages, etc) but that's not really important.

Name: Odysse Giftauge

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Elemental Alignment: Ice

DESCRIPTION // BACKGROUND

Odysse Giftauge was born in seclusion: a small town nearby the great glacier-temples of Tundrana itself. The town was itself neutral, because the village elders wanted no part of the massive clan wars currently sweeping that side of the continent. Growing up and coming of age, Odysse came to adore and emulate the silent, proud warriors of Tundrana whenever they came to visit the village and consort with the elders. Odysse begged to be taken to the Glacier with the soldiers, to become trained in the arts of magic and Frost. The warriors finally agreed, and it was then that Odysse began his journey to the peak of power.

This all came to a crashing end when Odysse was examined by the Tundranan ice-mages. Odysse had no magical traces in him whatsoever. He could not create ice, he could not control it: he was a failure. The Tundranan mages, frustrated by having to waste their time in a time of war, exiled him in a fit of anger. Odysse was cast out of the civilization he worshipped and emulated. Disappointed, Odysse returned to his Father's machine workshop in the town. He was treated as a failure there, too: to be cast out by one of the Greater Clans was the highest disgrace.

Odysse then went into seclusion, teaching himself everything there was to know about machinery from his father's workshop. He stayed there for years, and when he did emerge from the workshop, it was only to journey to some greater workshop or foundry. He spent a total of 15 years trekking around the continent, expanding his already colossal knowledge of everything mechanical. Odysse never forgot his grudge and ambition, however: all this traveling was for one goal, and only goal only. Odysse was to become a Cryomancer.

Finally, using his immense knowledge and a massive machinery shop granted to him by Gracelia, he created a masterpeice. A core, a battery of a mystical quality. The Freezeheart, the pinnacle of non-magic machinery.

The Freezeheart takes the shape of a steel-shod orb about 3 feet across. It generates cold, cold so intense that it freezes in the air. Odysse has installed the Freezeheart into a machine that can easily be rigged like a backpack. Using this machine, he can create ice and frost just as any normal ice mage could.

EQUIPMENT

Odysse is tall and very, very thin: years of living in a workshop has withered his form into one almost skeletally thin.

He wears a simple form-fitting bodyglove, the color of glaciers. It's an intensely deep blue, it almost appears black when seen by a distance. His hands are sheathed in bright blue leather gloves, and his feet are wrapped in a bright blue cloth.

On his shaved head, Odysse wears a gas-mask of some kind. Blue light seethes out of the eyeslits, and he takes breaths with a ghastly, grating intake of breath, and almost-frozen vapor pours out of the respirator every time he breathes out.

Little tubes run out of the Freezeheart strapped to his back, and into the palms of both his hands. Through these tubes, Odysse can expel the ice and frost created by the Freezeheart.

LEFT HAND: Odysse holds nothing in his left hand, preferring to use his Freezeheart to greater effect.

FEET: His feet are wrapped tightly in bright blue cloth. Odysse prefers moving stealthily and quietly, and these makeshift 'boots' let him do just that. The blue cloth is chemically treated with a formula of Odysse's own design. They grip unerringly to any form of frost, ice, etc, allowing him to climb it. The leather gloves work exactly the same way.

BODY: Odysse wears the Freezeheart strapped to his back. It's a large machine, about 3 feet by 3 feet, and it's heavy enough that Odysse has to stoop over into a predatory stance wherever he goes. The Freezeheart operates silently, however, the only noise being the spinning ball in the center of the machine: that is the Freezeheart itself.

Odysse also wears a blue leather bodyglove.

ARMS: The Freezeheart's tubes have been installed into the palms of his hands, allowing him to conjure frost and ice out of them.

OTHER:

Odysse carries no edged weapons -- why do that, when the ice you create does the same thing? He also carries no personal belongings, because he doesn't have any. Any personal things remind him of the heartbreak of his earlier years.

SPECIAL:

The Freezeheart: Odysse's Freezeheart can conjure frost in a variety of ways, detailed below.

Chillspike: Odysse slams the ground, channeling the cold from his machine into the ground itself. Large, solid spikes of ice shoot out from the ground, creating a path of large, razor sharp spines from him to his enemy. The spikes shoot out quickly: if the enemy does not move, they will surely be impaled by them.

Soul Of Cold: Odysse encases himself in a solid block of ice, similar to a suit of armor. This 'armor' is nearly invulerable to everything, but Odysse's movement is very limited while protected this way. Odysse can shatter this armor at whim, creating a large blizzard of razor sharp ice spikes. Anything caught in his vicinity while he shatters his armor is in danger of being pincushioned by such spikes.

Glyceride: Odysse has infused, through a complex series of experiments, plastic pellets with the liquid essence of frost. These pellets explode on contact with anything, and release a large amount of a sticky liquid. This liquid undergoes a complex chain reaction, and then instantly freezes solid on anything it touches, even the air. Anything it freezes solid is very brittle, and can shatter to peices at even the slightest touch. Obviously, this is very dangerous if Odysse's enemies are unarmored or lightly clothed.

Flashfreeze: Odysee shoots through his palm-tubes a cone of freezing winds and ice shards. Anything caught in this cone is chilled at least, if not cut by the flying ice shards.

Winter's Chill: Odysee exude from himself an intense aura of cold. Anything caught within 10 feet of Odysse becomes chilled, and then slowly starts to form ice crystals on itself, as though it is caught outside in the middle of a blizzard. This Aura of Cold slowly numbs and then freezes any enemy caught within it if they stand in the Aura for more than 5 minutes. ( 5 rounds or so. a round is when both people post )

Wall Of Isolation: Odysee slams the ground, channeling the cold from himself into the ground. Immediatly, a gigantic block of ice rises out of the ground in front of him, creating a massive barrier. The Ice Wall is 10 feet thick, about 20 feet tall, and 30 feet wide.

OTHER: Odysse is very fast and agile despite the heavy Freezeheart on his back. Odysse is just a human, however, and is not capable of amazing jumps and unbeleivable feats of strength.