The NReality Mod Help Thread

Talk about Unreality's Dronie winning N 1.4 mod, NReality, here!
Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/bufar
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby bufar » 2010.12.10 (21:41)

tl;dr: Here's your code:
||||11,_icon,[half your image width]^[half your image height]^[thwump url];8,_icon,[half your image width]^[half your image height]^[ninja image url]
If you want a more detailed explanation, keep reading.
The four bars denote that this code is for object mods. All object mods start with number that corresponds with a certain object. Here, we use 11 and 8 for thwump and ninja, respectively. After the number is the mod to be used, which is _icon in this case. After that are the options for the specific mod. for _icon, they are image offset x, image offset y, and image url. When nreality loads the image, it won't center it on the object. That is why we make the offsets half of the image's height and width.

The Dreamster Teamster
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/kyozo_43

Postby kyozo_43 » 2011.01.13 (11:26)

Hey guys, me again ...

I need to know ... if it is possible ... how I would go about making a rotating laser drone (or a normal one even) shoot in one direction (downwards) in increments of about 5 seconds?

Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/cucumber_boy
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: ESTP

Postby kkstrong » 2011.01.14 (19:00)

Elaborate.
~~Download Modmaster: My NReality Mod Helping App~~
spoiler

~~Quotes~~
golfkid - "I beat kk on his map, and he got me within 6 seconds, then I did it again and he beat me in 12 seconds."

blue_tetris - "kkstrong was nothing, alot of people stood in his way, and he just fought against adversity, he learned he lived, and he was admin at nmaps.net for a while. He is a great mapper, and ya know, thats why he is on the short list for the mod pick."

Pheidi -" Despite a mapper's best efforts, highscorers will always find a way to defy his intentions."

The Dreamster Teamster

Postby kyozo_43 » 2011.01.15 (00:54)

SampsonHammerjack wrote:Elaborate.
Alright ...

This is the map I'm working on -

Now, it's an NReality Imagemap.

I want it to have 4 laser drones, shooting downwards, in sections (shoot, stop, shoot, stop, etc.).

They are supposed to be where those green things are on the 'roof' of the 'bank'.

If you could help me that would be great.

Quarks

Postby tempaccount1 » 2011.01.15 (06:26)

It is certainly possible, as per Lightnings. I haven't tried it myself (or I tried it but it caused N to crash, probably because I made a mistake), but you can probably create a rotating laser drone with a downward facing laser and zero rotation speed, and a coordinate path and a zero speed. Also, have a regular zap drone hidden in the boundary of the map periodically activating an area trigger that causes the laser drone to stop and start moving in intervals - it should also cause the laser drone to disappear from the map during these intervals.

Sorry for the lack of details, and there's probably a more elegant way anyway.
Featured map compilations | 2010 Dronies videos: 1, 2, 3

The Dreamster Teamster

Postby kyozo_43 » 2011.01.15 (07:34)

tempaccount1 wrote:It is certainly possible, as per Lightnings. I haven't tried it myself (or I tried it but it caused N to crash, probably because I made a mistake), but you can probably create a rotating laser drone with a downward facing laser and zero rotation speed, and a coordinate path and a zero speed. Also, have a regular zap drone hidden in the boundary of the map periodically activating an area trigger that causes the laser drone to stop and start moving in intervals - it should also cause the laser drone to disappear from the map during these intervals.

Sorry for the lack of details, and there's probably a more elegant way anyway.
Hmm, alright ...

I'll just wait for kkstrong's approach, but if he doesn't reply, I'll use this :P

The number of seats in an Airbus A380
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/slayr

Postby Slayr » 2011.03.07 (22:08)

I'm working on a map right now and would like to use the mod on this map. I would like to use it in this map: I would like to have the lights where the thwumps are right now.

Richard Richards
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/epic4ever

Postby Equilibrium » 2011.04.18 (14:11)

I have been trying forever to put in a image in one of my maps but i don´t get it to work. Do i take the URL from the Internet or what?
Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Postby impagma » 2011.04.24 (10:34)

Is it possible to have 2 object image mods? I want a ninja one and a thwump on in the same map but for the life of me it wont work

The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/im_bad_at_n
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby im_bad_at_n » 2011.05.05 (16:17)

Epic4ever wrote:I have been trying forever to put in a image in one of my maps but i don´t get it to work. Do i take the URL from the Internet or what?
Yes you have to take an image from the internet, it won't work if it is saved on your computer. If you made a custom image, you can always use http://www.imageshack.us to upload your image, then manage to get the picture url link. (To retrieve the link, you need to make sure the picture is the only thing on the page, for example: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2041/foreground.png. This is known as the "direct" link.)
impagma wrote:
Is it possible to have 2 object image mods? I want a ninja one and a thwump on in the same map but for the life of me it wont work
How Nreality code works:
tiledata|objectdata|bgImage|fgImage|NRealityMapType|objectMod|playerMod|AreaTrigger

In the objectMod location, you place the icon code for the thwump. In the playerMod location, you place the icon code for the ninja. The code looks like:

||||objectType,_icon,x_offset^y_offset^url

Thwumps have an object type #11. So your thwump icon code looks like: 11,_icon,x_offset^y_offset^url. The offset is used to position the icon more perfectly onto the object in question, and use ordinary digits to do so :-3, -2, -1, 1, 2, 3. If you don't use offset you'll use something like this: 11,_icon,^^url. The url is the picture url link, and works the same as how I described placing images above with epic4ever, though obviously the image is much smaller.
The Ninja does not have an object type (the only object that doesn't) so the code should look like: _icon,x_offset^y_offset^url. or _icon,^^url with no offset.

Also note that when two mods that you are using fit into the same category, then they belong in the same category. They have to be separated by semicolons (as opposed to exclamation marks in the objectdata section). So for example two object icons would look like: ||||objectType,_icon,x_offset^y_offset^url;objectType,_icon,x_offset^y_offset^url
spoiler

In Order:
Hobbes (39 rates), Thunder King (184 rates), The Joker (75 rates)
Nmaps.net Nmaps.net Nmaps.net
last updated : 04/29/11

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/TheBlackLion

Postby The Black Lion » 2011.08.05 (18:04)

I'm planing to had some nice dialogues between N and a mysterious voice in some of my old levels.
Making text drones is quite simple but I can't figure how to use them with triggers (on and off). It would be really nice if someone could explain me how to.
And is it possible to make them appear/disappear just with time? I mean the text drone appear at x frames/seconds and disappear after y frames/seconds or something like that.
I've a Tumblr were I post pictures, texts, videos and musics.

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2011.10.01 (09:29)

This isn't so much asking for help then a query of a possibility. I think I great concept would be thwumps which would only move down when you're in their range. The map could either be a puzzle to get the thwumps in certain locations OR perhaps a open minejumper-style rocket dodger with the thwumps in place of oneways or bounceblocks. Somebody should look into this for me, as I am without NReality.

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//

Richard Richards

Postby Equilibrium » 2011.10.22 (22:11)

Eh when do I unlock the underclock mode, I mean do i need to complete a column or two before i get it unlocked?
Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2011.10.22 (22:27)

6 columns
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Richard Richards

Postby Equilibrium » 2012.01.20 (20:03)

Mod: Regular trigger for 2 one ways
Mod properties: The ninja hits the door buttons and goes on and the one ways disappear for like 5 sec and then reappear

Question: Do I have to write anything in the box that says Special Off/On?

Not actually an admin
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/paradox-dragon Paradox
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Paradox » 2012.01.21 (00:17)

Epic4ever wrote:Mod: Regular trigger for 2 one ways
Mod properties: The ninja hits the door buttons and goes on and the one ways disappear for like 5 sec and then reappear

Question: Do I have to write anything in the box that says Special Off/On?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, here is an example...

Tell me if it is close to what you're going for...

Richard Richards

Postby Equilibrium » 2012.01.21 (10:03)

Actually that is exactly what I want, but no actually I want it to be the other way around that when you take the switch the one way appears and stays on until for example i have pressed another switch!

Do I make any sense?

Not actually an admin

Postby Paradox » 2012.01.21 (11:40)

Epic4ever wrote:Actually that is exactly what I want, but no actually I want it to be the other way around that when you take the switch the one way appears and stays on until for example i have pressed another switch!

Do I make any sense?
Okay, that is insanely difficult, i can think of a way to do it but it would take awhile to test everything & then it might not even work, maybe someone else can help you

So basically, the One-Way starts off invisible (i can't make this), i can make it so the One-Way disappears as soon as the map starts but you will still be able to see it before starting the map (this will be so boring to make), i can do the same with a locked door, i may be able to do it with a trap so that it starts off invisible anyway (but i've tried to do this with a trap in the past & couldn't get it to work), i'll ask NachoCheese if he can help you if he comes on IRC (& not just coming on for 2 seconds saying "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" then leaving)

Richard Richards

Postby Equilibrium » 2012.01.21 (12:45)

Paradox-Dragon wrote:
Epic4ever wrote:Actually that is exactly what I want, but no actually I want it to be the other way around that when you take the switch the one way appears and stays on until for example i have pressed another switch!

Do I make any sense?
Okay, that is insanely difficult, i can think of a way to do it but it would take awhile to test everything & then it might not even work, maybe someone else can help you

So basically, the One-Way starts off invisible (i can't make this), i can make it so the One-Way disappears as soon as the map starts but you will still be able to see it before starting the map (this will be so boring to make), i can do the same with a locked door, i may be able to do it with a trap so that it starts off invisible anyway (but i've tried to do this with a trap in the past & couldn't get it to work), i'll ask NachoCheese if he can help you if he comes on IRC (& not just coming on for 2 seconds saying "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" then leaving)
Okay, yeah I can believe that what I´m asking is kinda impossible but the thing is I´m making a kradda and the guy is going through a path that he already had used and I cant use a locked or a trap door because there is a rocket chasing..! And if I have a trap door then the rocket explodes, if I have a normal door I fuck up the beginning, + the ninja is being pushed by a thwump and so that is the situation...!!

Not actually an admin

Postby Paradox » 2012.01.21 (13:17)

Epic4ever wrote:
Paradox-Dragon wrote:

Do I make any sense?

Okay, yeah I can believe that what I´m asking is kinda impossible but the thing is I´m making a kradda and the guy is going through a path that he already had used and I cant use a locked or a trap door because there is a rocket chasing..! And if I have a trap door then the rocket explodes, if I have a normal door I fuck up the beginning, + the ninja is being pushed by a thwump and so that is the situation...!!
Oh, well if that's the case...
Then i can probably make something different, can i see the map? you can PM it to me...
with what you just said, i can think of a few ways to make it work that are easier than what you're asking, i just need to be able to see exactly what i need to out into where, if that's okay with you

Not actually an admin

Postby Paradox » 2012.01.21 (15:53)

Oh, sorry about spamming your inbox, internet & all, the last message i sent you has a map in it

Now, it can either be like that or rotation, it can happen randomly (area trigger) or it can happen with a switch (harder than area trigger), it could also be an area trigger that activates a switch at the same time to look like a switch, it could even be a trap switch (easy, please choose this one if you want a trigger), if you want rotation i'll have to do some testing but i should be able to get it in 5-30 minutes

Richard Richards

Postby Equilibrium » 2012.01.21 (16:12)

no no this what you did is great i´m just gonna make some adjustments, so that there is only 1 one way, and change the other one to a trap door but still thank you very much you really saved my map there..! And by the way you are by far the nicest member on the forum..!

Plus (Size) Member
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Ors_II

Postby Ors » 2013.08.17 (06:34)

I have little problems with Turn Off door triggers. (When I get a door key drone shouldn´t move)
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Ors2011
My NUMA user: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Ors_II
Interested about advanced N-arts? Get a link to N-Artist v1.0 here.

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Vanquish

Postby Vanquish » 2014.02.08 (03:07)

Hey, does anyone know how to make moving objects? I've seen maps before where there have been thwumps or mines moving around in circles and I wanted to know how to do it. Here is an example of what I'm talking about - http://www.nmaps.net/224461

"Asked ortsz for a name change"
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Pixelwiz
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby DraxoBox » 2014.03.20 (19:02)

DO NOT UNDERSTAND AREA TRIGGERS!!! and I tried looking at the N wiki, it doesn't help. I desperately need to understand triggers.
Deluxcious.