ARSTAR ((an rpg game))

Discuss, create, and theorize about roleplaying games, tabletop games, board games, and other non-electronic interactive entertainments. Run dedicated or complex forum games here, also.

Moderator: ℎalifax

Cowboy Magician
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Drathmoore
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.01.13 (19:13)

tweak wrote:Also I propose that we each only play one character from now on.
I'm not too keen on this - I like having the freedom of having different characters with different personalities.

As for wiping the slate clean... Hmm... It's an idea, yes. I'm debating on it, personally; I'm not completely sure if I like it or not. It's interesting, though...

I'll discuss it with anyone on the IRC.

Dance Dance Revolution Android
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ChaoStar
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.01.13 (22:25)

tweak wrote:As that convo states: I support this idea, we're a bit(understatement) cluttered at the moment. This would help orient us in the right direction.

Also I propose that we each only play one character from now on.
That would suck. I find pleasure in being more than one.

Also, I'm half-way supporting of the wipe. I kinda like the idea. A chance to re-write my characters.

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.01.14 (20:10)

ChaoStar wrote:A chance to re-write my characters.
With this, I'm more starting to support the wipe. Jack's still in emotional turmoil at this point (Emmy's dead, of course), there's Melissa, etc...

Cyra doesn't have a whip, though. I find that annoying. =P

I'm liking it... I'm assuming we're going from after the 8-year jump?

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2010.01.14 (22:05)

Drathmoore wrote:I'm liking it... I'm assuming we're going from after the 8-year jump?
It will continue from after this post; so yes.

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2010.01.16 (04:43)

I suggest there be a certain limit on amount of commonly recurring main characters from now on. And yes, hat may have been a bit specific, but I feel it was necessary.

On another note, fi this is before the 8-year skip, I support this 150%. If it's not, 80%. *shrugs*
spoiler

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2010.01.21 (11:02)

(( Okay guys, I think if we want to continue from here, we need to do a large RP with several of us. I'm free Saturday and Sunday; what times suit people best? ))

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.01.21 (16:34)

Saturday Morning (Or evening for you) I can make. I have a paper round to do, but I can get on at about half-nine-ish. I can't make Saturday Evening (at a party), but I can make Sunday as well, hopefully.

And now that I've said that... IT'S RP TIME!
Alice... Who?

Jack looked out on the soft grass, as it swayed in the light breeze. He looked up, towards the sky, and sighed. There was movement from behind Jack, and David appeared, putting his hand on Jack's shoulder. "Problems?"
"No. I'm perfectly fine without a care in the world." He commented sarcastically. He shook his head. "I miss her, David. More than you can imagine."
David nodded, and slowly drew his newly liberated sword, watching it catch afire in the sun. "They call this the avenger you know... for every friend I lose in battle, I use this to claim ten foes back. " he said slowly, prodding the point in the ground. "I have lost many friends too..."
"Imagine losing Jess. Imagine watching her die, right in front of you, with no way of stopping it. Imagine seeing that every time you go to sleep, or close your eyes. The very image haunting you." He replied.
David bowed his head. "I know... it hurts." he said simply. "We knew it was coming, David. I could've stopped it." He shook his head. "I doubt it." David said bluntly, sheathing his sword. “I'm close, however." He looked towards David. "I know what to look for. I just need to know where to find it."

A screeching sound erupted behind them, and a distortion in the air appeared above them. It sucked in air, and then shot out a girl, who was holding a spear, she fell to the ground, ungracefully. "Oww..." She said, standing up, quickly. She shifted her spear, using it to steady herself. She saw David, and dropped her bright weapon, embracing him. "Daddy!" she exclaimed. David raised his brow, his grip on his sword handle gripping slightly. "Hello... strange little girl..." he said to the young female in red, confusedly.
"Interesting..." Jack commented, his voice deepening. He closed his eyes.
The girl released David, and stepped back, picking up her spear. She hugged it, and then extended her left hand. "See, Daddy? I did it! I told you I would!" She said, showing him the black and gold ring on her middle finger.
David's eyes widened. "The DeMor sigil ring... who are you? And where did you get that..." he breathed. She grinned. "I killed him. Just like I promised you I would. I ended the division..." She said, hugging her spear tightly.

"We've never met before." David said quietly.

Alice's face fell. She stepped back. "You're... not Daddy?!" She asked, incredulous.

David scratched his head. "No? I have two children already... I don't understand why you would think that." Alice's face contorted. "How can you forget me...?" She asked, unbelieving.
"I'm afraid he has not forgotten anything, child." Jack's eyes opened, revealing the yellow eyes of Laron. "And yet... I feel... Something odd about you." He examined her a little more carefully. "You shouldn't be here. And yet you are. Interesting..."
David nodded. "Tell me everything about yourself."
Alice nodded. "I am Alice DeMor, child of David DeMor, and Melissa Laroe. I am Fourteen years old. Two years ago, I began a quest to become the strongest, and best Aldric, after my first narrow defeat by him. I collected magical items, and used them to improve my weapon, and my skills. I am both Vampire... and not." She said, baring her fangs.
Laron sighed. "You don't realise how hard it was to stop Jack from taking back control and punching you in the face just then, David..."
David shook his head. "That's not me. She's fourteen... and mentioned two years ago. And I know Aldric is still alive... Something is up here."
Alice bowed her head. "I have proof of his death." She said, fingering a necklace she was wearing. She displayed it. "See? A vial, containing his ashes."
Laron stepped forwards, and raised his palm to Alice's head, placing it on her forehead. "I'll only be a second."
David frowned. "...Alice. What about Jess? Where is she?" She smiled. "She's run away, somewhere else. She said she didn't love you." she said, her eyes darkening.
"Very interesting..." Laron commented, lowering his arm again. He looked over to David. "The events she recounts are truthful."
"How... how can that be?" David asked, frowning. "Jess is still with me... the First! Where is he?"

Alice frowned. "Who is the First?"

"Yes... As I've said, you should not be here, Alice..." Laron commented.

David sighed. "This is a mess. I don't know what to make of it... how do I know you're my daughter? Prove it to me."
Alice shuffled her feet. "Umm..." She said, frantically thinking. She looked back at David. "I don't really know how I can prove it..."
"For the sake of the Maker, David, she's a child!" Laron growled. He looked at him. "And considering the fact that you're the only one here close to her actual father... How can you treat her like that?!"
David frowned. "Where is she from, then?"
He paused. "I... Cannot say for sure. I can only theorise."
"Theorize away, your divinity-ness." David grinned.
He crossed his arms. "A world... Like ours. Same inhabitants, same rules. And yet... Things have happened differently. For example, it seems you've dropped Jess and run off with Melissa."
David nodded. "I guess... that makes some sense. DeMor family united too..."
"It seems like she spent years training to accomplish a promise she made to you. To her father." He looked at her. "Pity it now lies in vain..."
David shook his head. "What's she doing here then?"
"Temporal collapse? Spacial distortion? Perhaps she got bored?" He shrugged. "I really don't know. All I know is that she's here now."
David sighed. "Oh great. I guess I take care of her."
"Not... Necessarily." Laron commented. "I can take her with me, and she can meet and stay with her mother, if you want." He looked up. "But that's not my decision. I believe that decision belongs to Alice."
"We'll ask her later, hmm? If you don't mind, I have an invasion to run."
"And I have a temple to relocate." He nodded, allowing his eyes to fade back to blue.

Jack shook his head. "Stay... Away... From my daughter, David. Just... No."
David sighed and turned away. "Melissa? Ew."
"Good." He sighed. "I don't mean any offence, but... Just stay happily married with Jess, okay?"
David didn't reply, walking away, lost in his thoughts.

Summary
Jack and David discuss the situation a little bit, before their conversation is interrupted by the arrival of a strange girl, claiming to be David's daughter...

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2010.01.22 (12:00)

David Returns

The moon glittered overhead as the tall figure strode through the streets, dark cloak wrapped tight about his body. David smiled softly, and reached his destination, knocking softly on the door. "Hello?"

A creaking was heard from within the house, followed by the soft padding of feet across a wooden floor. Jessika slowly opened the door, her sleepy figure wrapped up in a lilac silk nightgown.

"Hi, honey" she said, yawning. "Where have y'been?"

David grinned widely and bowed. "Jess... just running a war. Nothing major." he joked, tearing his hood back and leaning forward to give her a soft kiss on the forehead. "How have you been?"

"Well, I was sleeping up until now" Jessika said, a goofy grin plastered over her face.
"You want to come inside out of the cold?" she asked.

David nodded. "Of course. The children?" he asked softly.

"Sound asleep; they've been training hard today"

"That's good. They'll be strong children soon." David smiled.

Jessika nodded, smiling contentedly. "Come on in" she said, beckoning him inside.

David stepped in at once, peeling his cloak off and hanging it by the door. He sighed suddenly. "It's hard..."

Jessika walked over to the couch, nestling herself close to the fireplace. "What is?" she said, patting the spot next to her.

David sat down next to her, wrapping an arm around her, showing her the other, bloodstained, with several small cuts. "War."

Jessika stood up immediately. "Oh David..." she said, running quickly out of the room. She came back soon after that, carrying her large leather bra with her.

"Here, let me put a little ointment on those; it will stop it getting infected.

David smirked at the sight of the clothes item, and shook his head. "I can heal them... I just need rest." he said, golden sparks running over one of the cuts, before fizzling out. "So tired..."

Jessika sighed. "You're really running yourself ragged David; you need to relax more."

"I can't. I'm one of, if not the best fighter... and on top of that, I'm meant to lead them. If I'm not out there helping, men die..." he almost whispered.

Jessika moved forward and stroked David's chin. "I know how important this all is for you... but the world will continue without you in it." Jessika said. "You need to learn to take a balance in your life. Take a few days off; spend some time here with the kids. With me."

David closed his eyes and shook his head. "I can't. That's physically impossible..."

Jessika gave David a stern look. "David!" she persisted. "Your men aren't the only ones that need you!"

David wrapped his other arm about her, pulling her in tight. "It's not that, Jess... it's who I am."

Jessika nodded. "I understand..."
She paused.
"How did you get those wounds anyway?"

"I don't know. I killed a lot of demons... but they kept coming. I fought where the wall was breached... I guess it just happened." he admitted.

Jessika nodded. "Where were you fighting?"

David thought back. "It was some island near Seros... and then we met that girl..."

Jessika tilted her head. "Girl? What girl?"

"I have no idea. She claimed to be my daughter... with Melissa. And she's from the future, apparently." David said, trying to pass it as a joke.

Jessika paused, thinking. After a while, she shrugged. "Interesting... I guess we'll find out more later... but for now, I think sleep would be best"

David nodded slowly. "Right. Then tomorrow... I serve the god of war once more."

Jessika laughed. "But now, you have to serve the god of love" she said cheekily.

David smiled, and tapped his nose. "Nicna, I belive... she is married to Kron... the god of war. Very apt."

"Oh, shut up you" she said, laughing, dragging him towards the bedroom.

Summary:
David returns home again and tells of War and Alice. Sex follows.

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.01.24 (01:09)

(( why do most of you guys convos end in secks. I have a complaint. Moar blood, please. ))

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2010.01.24 (04:32)

ChaoStar wrote:(( why do most of you guys convos end in secks. I have a complaint. Moar blood, please. ))
(( Note to self: More virgins. ))

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.01.24 (09:20)

ChaoStar wrote:(( why do most of you guys convos end in secks. I have a complaint. Moar blood, please. ))
(("secks" does work better in that sort of situation than a random battle. =P))

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.02.28 (17:40)

Siblings Converse

Jack stood still, his arms crossed. He stood at a large, wooden table - one of the inhabitants of Fenrir's library. He looked upon it, at the map that was laid out in-front of him. He placed his hands on the table and leant over the map, quickly examining it, before looking back up to the woman standing opposite him. "Thanks, Cyra." He smiled a little. "This helps quite a lot."
She shook her head, arms folded, before grinning back. "This is standard intel that the fragments left of my army has gathered. You're lucky to be one of the few to see this." She stepped closer to the table.
Jack took a glass that stood on the table, and brought it to his mouth, sipping at the Aegean Wine that filled it. "Can I ask you to run me through this intel, then?" He gestured to the map.

Nodding, Cyra looked down at it. She took a few seconds to completely read all the information, before placing out small counters around the map. After a minute or two, the map was covered with patches of counters. Cyra frowned, and closed her eyes. "I was hoping the information would be a little more... Optimistic."

Jack put down his glass. "Do I want to ask?"

Cyra began by pointing at the middle of the ocean, at a small red counter. "This, is where we currently are." Jack nodded in acknowledgement. "These black counters represent the First's forces." Her hand hovered over most of the map. "Each counter represents a legion of the opposing forces. Unfortunately, there isn't enough to actually represent the full extent of their army..."

"There's... More than that?" Jack asked, looking up at her.
"Yes..." She nodded. "Let's just say that even with my strategic knowledge, any sort of conflict would be suicide."
Jack grinned a little. 'I don't know... If every soldier had an ego like yours...' He thought to himself.
"These..." She pointed to the few blue counters around the map "...are our forces. Dispersed too wide for any sort of attack at this point. Leblanc and his wife are... here, from my sources." She pointed to another location, and at a white counter.
"If we were to attack at full strength, on one particular point, how long would it take to assemble all of the troops?" Jack asked, glass in hand again.
"Depending on where you wanted them to assemble..." She thought for a moment. "I'd say... A couple of weeks, at most."
"That's including all weaponry, correct?" He queried.

"You did say full strength." She grinned. "I'm not stupid, brother, or I wouldn't be in this position of command, now would I?" She shook her head. "The green blocks..." She pointed to the several, small, wooden blocks dotted about on the map. "These represent any major cities, or population centres. As you can see, that's where the troups are located. The protection of civilians is our number one priority at the moment."
"And these black blocks?" Jack asked, pointing to one of them.
She looked straight at him. "Cities that have been lost."
He stared back, before slowly surveying the map again. "There's so many..."

She nodded, waiting a moment, before moving on, feeling that it was best not to carry on that conversation. "I had my soldiers survey and excavate the areas you asked."
"And what did they find?" Jack's ears perked up.
"Here." Cyra pointed to a brownish counter, towards the middle of a large desert, within one of the biggest continents. "A Temple almost exactly the same to which you described. Same insignias, same artwork..."
"So, that is the Temple we've been looking for..." He smiled a little more. "Melissa will be happy to hear that when she wakes up..."
Cyra nodded. "Think of that as my way of expressing how much I wish we weren't separated early on..."
Jack looked up at her. "That's... A little strange. I'd never have suspected something like that coming from you, Cyra." He grinned.
"Don't push me, Jack..." She growled. "I don't need you being witty when I'm trying to be more open!"

"Sorry! Sorry!' Jack sighed. "Sheesh..." His eyes fell back to the map, and stayed there for a few minutes. His grin disappeared, and he looked back up at her, folding his arms. "It appears that me and Melissa aren't the only ones looking for something, are we?"
Cyra looked back, but remained silent.
Jack smiled, before raising and finishing the glass of Wine. "I see. Well, the important thing is that we found the Temple, so I'll sort Fenrir's path out. Then I'll be getting some sleep." He started to walk towards the door. "Thanks for this, Cyra."
She smiled. "There's no need for thanks. You are my brother, after all."
He grinned. "Yes. And so is he." Jack gestured towards the map, before walking off.

Summary:
Jack and Cyra go over the current condition of Arstar, as well as the current state of the army. A few other things are discussed.

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.03.20 (20:59)

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

I have a proposal for all of you. As none of you know, I have become very skilled in ruby, and using RPG maker XP. And, seeing as our RP trends have just DIED, I propose to all of you an idea. Let's make an Arstar game. an RPG game. Post your thoughts on this.

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2010.03.20 (21:36)

If Communist would ever get on for an extended period of time, or if Drathmoore wouldn't be so anal about editing, I could RP a lot more.
spoiler

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.03.20 (21:38)

BionicCryonic wrote:If Communist would ever get on for an extended period of time, or if Drathmoore wouldn't be so anal about editing, I could RP a lot more.
There hasn't been any RPs to edit...

However! I am all for this Arstar game. Perhaps several different stories, depending on the characters?

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.03.20 (21:53)

Drathmoore wrote:
BionicCryonic wrote:If Communist would ever get on for an extended period of time, or if Drathmoore wouldn't be so anal about editing, I could RP a lot more.
There hasn't been any RPs to edit...

However! I am all for this Arstar game. Perhaps several different stories, depending on the characters?
Yes, that was on the list of ideas for me. Also, try and post maybe what you could do for the game and stuff? I'll put out a list...

Mapping(as in, just the tilesets and areas. No events, besides doors.)- ChaoStar,
Event Scripting(I have this completely covered)- ChaoStar
Statwork(again, I have this covered)- ChaoStar
Scenario ideas-
Major plot ideas-
Minor plot ideas-
Geography- ChaoStar,
Soundtracks-
Spriting- ChaoStar(ugh.)

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.03.20 (22:30)

I can work on Soundtracks, and on story lines a little. If people can give me some ideas, I can try and come up with themes for each character.

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.03.20 (23:25)

Drathmoore wrote:I can try and come up with themes for each character.
It's not a danmaku game. In my opinion, you should work more on themes for seperate locales.

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2010.03.21 (01:04)

Drathmoore wrote:I can work on Soundtracks, and on story lines a little.
I can work on both of these too. I can also do any graphical work needed, as I am proficient enough in Photoshop.

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.03.21 (03:32)

Universezero wrote: I can work on both of these too. I can also do any graphical work needed, as I am proficient enough in Photoshop.
Beans. Also, UZ, you won't be able to play the game unless if you have windows 7 or xp, because it freaks out in vista. I am really sorry. .____. Besides that, we need to have a big meeting about this, and discuss this in detail. Or I can talk to you guys and then you can talk to eachother and so on.

also, I won't be too active this week and the next, thanks to exams. Neither will Drath, I believe.

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2010.03.21 (08:06)

ChaoStar wrote:Also, UZ, you won't be able to play the game unless if you have windows 7 or xp, because it freaks out in vista. I am really sorry. .____.
No problem. I'll just use my parents computer; it runs XP. As for the meeting, I'll be around on IRC next weekend.

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.03.21 (09:34)

ChaoStar wrote:also, I won't be too active this week and the next, thanks to exams. Neither will Drath, I believe.
My week is pretty busy I'm afraid. Coursework, exam, exam, exam, exam, bowling, birthday sleepover over the weekend.

Postby ChaoStar » 2010.03.22 (03:17)

Ok, just letting you know where I am right now:

Set up every element of magic, and is working on the rock paper scizors of it all.
Working on player characters. Lack of sprites is argrghrghgr.
Working on weapons.
Working on Armor.
Working on Skills.
Working on Items.
Working on Fenrir.

If you really insist, after I make all of the above, I can release it so you guys can walk around.

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2010.03.22 (04:29)

ChaoStar wrote:If you really insist, after I make all of the above, I can release it so you guys can walk around.
I would like that.

Also, as far as plot for the game goes, will this be based on all the RPs we've done, and then you finish the game by killing the First? Because that seems like a very reasonably lengthed game.
EDIT: As in a good length. :P

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2010.03.22 (18:32)

Universezero wrote: Also, as far as plot for the game goes, will this be based on all the RPs we've done, and then you finish the game by killing the First? Because that seems like a very reasonably lengthed game.
EDIT: As in a good length. :P
I was thinking that perhaps there would be a new story, separate from Arstar Canon? We could possibly do both, if ChaoStar permits it.