ARSTAR ((an rpg game))

Discuss, create, and theorize about roleplaying games, tabletop games, board games, and other non-electronic interactive entertainments. Run dedicated or complex forum games here, also.

Moderator: ℎalifax

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Eternal_Boredom
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby DoctorAperture » 2009.08.25 (02:05)

random stuff

Thanks tp pawz and GTM for the sig

obligatory ad for my comic(s)

LittleViking wrote:Oh, sure. I just hope this doesn't open the door to new jokes instead, you know? I'd hate for this to shed some light on more name-related puns. Maybe now they can focus their efforts elsewhere.
Awww, so cute!

Couldn't Run a Tournament for all the Iced-Coffees in China
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby Communist » 2009.08.25 (09:01)

David's back! BITCHES

The wolf moved slowly around the Fenrir, slinking about the darkness, searching for something, sniffing.
David paused, and shook his head. He thought he could smell Jess. He pushed open the door to his left with his head, and crept in silently.
His eyes brightened- he could see the woman he loved lying down in bed, asleep, content. Tail wagging, he leapt onto her recumbant form, panting excitedly.

Jessika's eyes snapped open and she instantly kick the creature of her bed. She sprang up and grabbed her knewly christened sword, Shade. She turned around to see the creature looking at her intensely. She stared into it's eyes, and saw the familier gleam...
"David?" she whispered.

avid nodded, and grinned, a wolfy toothy grin. He leant forward and licked her face with his soppy wet tongue.

Jessika pushed David off her, and looked at him incredulously. "What the fuck have you done now?" she said.

David looked at her, head cocked, suprised at her swearing. He barked at her softly, attempting to communicate.
Jessika shook her head hopelessly, looking into David's big sappy wolf eyes.

"Look, I have no idea what you've done to yourself now, but I really need some sleep before I can sort out anything" she said.
David whimpered at her, and fawned at her feet.

A cheeky look came over the wolf's face. He put his tongue at her feet, and slowly moved it upwards, along her ankles, upwards...
Jessika slapped David across his jaw. "David!" she exclaimed. She sighed and walked back to her bed. "C'mon" she said pathetically as she walked.
David shook his head, and pouted at Jessika. Then he exhaled, and followed Jessika, tail still wagging.

Jessika rolled over into the small bed, and David hopped up a plonked hiself next to her.
David curled up with his warm fur against Jess's equally warm body- and contentedly, began to snore.

The sun arose from a small patch of clouds resting against the horizon. As it slid up, it bathed Fenrir in a pink-orange glow. Jessika blearily opened her eyes and recalled the events of the previous night. She reached over and scratch David behind the ears as he started to wake up.

David awoke, and yawned- his large teeth flashing white off the sunrise. He turned around, and looked deep into Jess's eyes, staring at her. A sudden movement- and the wolf leant forward and licked her face again.
Jessika let him lick her, and pushed herself up onto one arm, looking thoughtfully at David. "What am I going to do with you?" she said.

David pawed something from around his neck- it was one of the love rings. He dangled it in front of Jess, seeing if that would help.
Jessika laughed heartily, and smiled at David. "Well, at least I'm sure it's you" she said, stroking him around his neck.
She got up and got changed, and turned round to face David. "So" she said. "If there is anyway you can comunicate with me, I'd like to know what happened to you."
David paused for a moment, and shook his head around. No.

Jessika sighed again. She seemed to be sighing a lot lately.
"Well, is there any way we can make you human again?" she asked.

The wolf shrugged- a complex movement, for a wolf. A rumbling from his stomach. David looked up into Jess's eyes, and opened his mouth, hoping she'd understand.
Jessika laughed. "I know you too well" she said. She reached into a small cupboard on the other side of the room and grabbed a jar of presurved meat. She passed it to David, who

David took the jar in his teeth, and looked at Jess pained. He spat the jar out, and pawed at it- unable to get to the meat inside.
She rolled her eyes, and unscrewed the jar for him, handing him the meat.

David began to chomp into the meat, industriously working his jaws as he ate. He showed every sign of enjoyment at the meal. Midway though, he paused, and realised something. He offered a piece to Jess, putting it in front of her, gently.

Jessika laughed, and shook her head.
The wolf threw the piece of meat in the air, and caught it as it fell- gulping it in one go. Licking his lips, he turned back to Jess, and went down on his front two legs- grovelling before Jessika.

"Ugh, this is impossible" said Jessika, craddling her head in her hands. "I can't live with you as a wolf, David!" she said. "There must be something we can do!"

David looked up, cunning in his eyes. He leapt on Jess, knocking her to the ground. He pressed his chest- with the ring, against her ring on her hand.

A sound like a thunderclap. "Jess!" cried David, in the depths of her mind.
"David?" thought Jessika. "What happened?"
"I've been turned into a wolf, Jess!" shouted David, angry. Physically, he stayed motionless.
"What? How?" she asked.
"I was going to be executed... I turned into Vade, and killed them all. But one of them shot me with a funny tube... and now I'm a wolf." he said
Jessika frowned. You couldn't see her frowning, but the emotions she put into it gave out the impression of frowning. "What are we going to do then?" she asked.

David paused. "I don't actually know how to get back into human form." he confessed. "I was hoping Emmy or Jack might. You can tell them it was a 'wolf-strike tube.' That might help."

The door creaked open. A little girl, with long grey hair, and Jack's hat peeked in. ""Oh..." She blushed" This isn't the right room..."
Jessika pulled herself out of David's head and fell backwards across the floor.

She stumbled to her feet and looked at the small girl in the doorway. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Jessika" she said briefly. "Where are you from?" she asked, trying to get her thoughts straight.
"From?" Melissa didn't understand.
"Are your parents around here?" she asked, trying to sound friendly. She hoped she'd be able to usher her off the ship before she started asking questions like "Why is there a gigantic wolf in here?"

David padded over to Melissa, and nuzzled her side with his face. He turned, looked at Jess, and nodded.

"My parents are Jack, and Emmy." She smiled

Jessika almost felt her head smash through the ceiling. Jack and Emmy?! she thought. How is this even possible?
She opened her mouth to speak, but then changed her mind and closed it.
She headed for the door and brushed past the small girl, motioning for the two of them to follow her.

Melissa followed Jessika, wondering what the relationship this strange women had with her parents.

The wolf trailed behind them all, dejected that just as he could talk to Jess, he was interrupted.
Melissa sensed the wolfs unhappiness, and patted him on the head, sympathetically.

The trio advanced briskly through the Fenrir, rounding the corner, and entering the room in which Emmy and Jack were currently sleeping. David pounced on the two, hoping to wake them up.

Emmy had all the wind knocked out of her. She saw David on top of her. "Owww. You're still pretty heavy! Don't jump on people..."

David gestured at Melissa and Jack with his head urgently, then at Jess, then at himself.
Emmy didn't understand. "What are you getting too?"

The wolf shook it's head, is disbelief. How hard could it be? He went over to Jess, and reached for her arm.
Jessika stuck her arm out and let David push it freely.

David pushed her hand to his chest, and the ring. "Tell Emmy about the wolfstrike tube! Ask her if she knows the cure!" he said, excitedly.
Jessika nodded and faded back into reality. "He says that he was hit by some sort of large dart... probably poisoned. He was wondering if you knew a cure?" said Jessika.

Emmy stood up. "Well, does he know what it's called? Melissa might be able to help you. I'm not an expert on curing, or healing." She frowned.
The wolf barked shortly, in assent. Do it.

Melissa knelt by the wolf, and muttered a few words, creating a small hexagram on David's head. She put her head to his, and asked him to tell her what he knew of what turned him this way.

Jack made a few noises, waking up. "Wolf..." He muttered, yawning. "Ahh... Er... What's going on?"

The wolf took Jess's hand again, and relayed the information about the wolfstrike tube to her, as much as he knew.
Jess told Melissa what David had told her. Melissa nodded. "I suppose that the only way to do it is..."
The Seal on David's forehead grew, and began to spin. "Boundary of past and future: Time Seal..."
Melissa focused, and David hovered in the air, surrounded in a mesh of magic.

David howled, in agony. His hair peeled off in great sloughs, and his limbs extended and distorted. His face grotesquely re-shifted itself, the bones creaking, moving around to get back to human form.
A flash of light, and David's howl turned into hoarse shouting, and he dropped to the floor with the thump- cushioned by all his lost wolf hair.
A moment's silence. David slowly and with great pains pulled himself upwards, and stood before them. He stretched out, and looked at everyone.

"Guess who's back, bitches!" he yelled, triumphantly.

He looked down, and saw he was naked. Another moment's silence. "Oh, fuck!" he said.

Melissa was silent. Waving her hands about, she moved the remnants of the seal, and the wolf hair, and spun them into a cloth. She handed it to David. "You're welcome."

David took the cloth and made himself more discreet with it. "Yeah, thank-you, Melissa. I'll repay you later." he said, distracted.
He straightened up. "Right, I've been wolf for far too long. Firstly, I want some damn cooked food. Second..." he broke off and looked at Jess.
"I want to thank Jess personally. And thirdly, I want to find this Astral and kill her."

Emmy smiled. "I suppose I'll have to cook you people something. We can go now, if we plan correctly."
Melissa nodded. "Right. The best time to strike is at night. That gives us around 5 hours to prepare."

David nodded. "I'm going to bed." he announced. Without a futher word, he turned, and began to leave the room.
His cloth fell out of his grasp, and he awkwardly bent to pick it up. Then he left the room, with considerably less dignity than he planned on leaving with.

"Thats more than I needed to see..." said Jack, turning to look at Emmy and Melissa.

Emmy nodded. "Poor Zeffie. she doesn't have a ride anymore.."
"I prefered him as a wolf as well..." Jack sighed. He looked specifically at Melissa. "Although I'm amazed about what you did... How did you do that?!"
"Time Seal. I opened a gap in the boundary of Past and future, and turned David as he was before he was shot." Melissa explained
"You really do amaze me..." Said Jack

Jessika zoomed back in to the world, having been lost in her own thoughts. "Erm, ugh, I'd better go with David then" she said, and left to go and join David.

Emmy sat down on the bed. "Alright, then."
"What the hell is going on..." Jack muttered. He was still in the bed
Emmy rubbed his back. "Nothing much. Go back to bed." Melissa stood there, silent. Emmy caught sight of her. "Oh, Melissa. We need to begin the preparations." Emmy stood up, and walked out the room with Melissa.

David and Jess talk. They go see Melissa, Jack and Emmy. David becomes de'wolf'd! And the record for number of swears made in one convo is broken!
Thanks to UniverseZero for the awesome sig!
Sprites!

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Cowboy Magician
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Drathmoore
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.08.25 (10:35)

The Fight with Astral

"Get back to bed? At a time like this?!" Jack grumbled, getting out of the bed. He reattached his scabbard, and made chase after the two, running down the hallways towards the armoury.

Emmy and Melissa walked into the armoury, a large room, containing a table, and many weapons
"Hey... HEY!" Jack called, bursting through the door after them. "You're not the only ones fighting this battle you know..."
Melissa and Emmy didn't notice Jack, and were busy discussing a large map, which had been spread out on the table.
"Ignoring me ar-" He paused, and listened for a second. He walked up to the table, and stood beside Emmy silently, listening to the two discuss their battle plan.

"..so, we just need to infiltrate here-" She pointed at a spot on the map, "...and take out everyone in the palace. That way, we can avoid hurting our armies."
"What have I missed?" Jack asked, looking at the map.
Emmy and Melissa looked at Jack. "Nice to see you here, Jack. Just basic battle plans for the army; you don't need to worry about it."
"Hmm..." Jack nodded. . He then turned to Emmy. "Emmy... Do you think an orb can hold Dark magic?"
Emmy thought hard on this. "I really don't know, actually. I assume it shouldn't be able to, but it may be possible."

"Hmm..." Jack pulled an empty orb out of his pocket; the same reliable one that had carried magic before for him. He lay it on the palm of the Control Glove - of which now had six markings on it - before giving it to Melissa.
"Melissa. Do you think you could try focusing your magic into that orb?"
Melissa looked into the Orb. "Jack, do you think you would be worthy to pass that test? Do you know what happens when every affinity is gathered into this orb?"
"That I don't know." Jack said, crossing his arms. "But, my father wanted me to do this for him as his final request. I will complete this Glove for him." He paused, and lifted up the Glove, looking at him. "I at least owe him that much..."

A sudden thump from across the hall woke David up with a start. Slowly, he got up, and dressed himself- he guessed that the others were almost ready. He turned, and looked at the naked Jess. He smiled. "Jess?" he said. "Wake up."
Jess's eyes sprang open, and she smiled. David leant forward, and kissed her- but simultaneously put his finger in the side of her neck. Jessika slumped, unconscious. David smiled, bitter-sweetly. "It's a bit too dangerous for you, where we're going." he said to the sleeping woman. "And now that you're with child..."
He shrugged, and left quietly, closing the door behind him. She wouldn't wake until the excitement was over. David strode down the hall, and into the armoury. "What's the plan?" he asked the others in the room.
Emmy looked up. "It's a simple plan, really. Sneak in here" She tapped the map "and kill everything that moves."
"Again with the killing?" Jack sighed. "I vote maim. I mean, they live, but don't fight back. Huh?"
Emmy shrugged. "Whatever. We only need to kill one person- Astral."
David strode over. "I can go in first, if you want. While you're landing the ship." he offered. "You see, I have a nice trick planned..." he hinted.
Melissa looked up. "We can let you do that, but we landed the ship several kilometres away from Spire. We'll be taking a small ship."
"A trick...? What kind of trick?" He paused, and then grinned. "Or is this a 'wait, watch and be amazed' sort of trick?"
David smiled. "I can get rid of most of the guards as you land the small ship. Would that help?"
Emmy nodded. "Perfect."

She looked behind David. "Where's Jess?"
David shuffled his feet. "I knocked her out..." he began. "I can't let her come along. It's too dangerous... because..." he mumbled the last few words, so no one could hear them.
"Something wrong with her?" Jack asked, inquisitively.
David reddened. He took a deep breath, and then said "She's pregnant."
"Pregnant?" Jack said, in slight disbelief. He glanced quickly over at Melissa, and then back again. "Hmm... Congratulations, I guess." He smiled. "Not really going to help us that much though... Jess would be a real help on the battlefield."
"I won't let her go, and that's final." said David. "Don't argue with your godfather!" he said. Then "Oh shit." as he remembered Jack didn't know this.
"Godfather?" Jack said, stunned. He paused, and thought for a second. "You haven't been drinking again, have you?"
David thought for a moment. "I'll explain later!" he said. "Can we kill this Astral first? It would be a shame to waste the explanation if you die. The quick answer is that I am your godfather. But we can talk about that, and your mother and your sister later." David thumped his head on a wall. "Ignore that last part. Really." he said quickly.
Melissa looked at Jack. "I told you that Emmy was telling the truth."
Emmy got up. "Alright, let's get equipped, and lets move out!"
"My mother... Alive?" Jack stuttered. His thoughts immediately turned to anger, before dismissing them. He looked up at David. "Once we're done, you're telling me everything. Okay?"
David nodded. " I promise."

He turned, and spotted some leather armour. He pulled it on, remarking "Ah, nice and light. I can move in this." He checked his many weapons were there, and nodded. "Could you fly me over the Spire? I'll jump out from there."
"Got it." Emmy strapped on her sword, and changed her dress, with a twirl of her fingers. Melissa started strapping on knives, and assorted orbs. Emmy tossed everyone some vials of glowing liquid. "Let's move out!" She walked out the door, and turned left.
"This should be enough..." Jack said, looking at the orb Melissa gave back. He walked over the the black suit of armour, stepped inside. He placed the orb in the centre of the breastplate, and waited for it to close.
He followed the two over to the pod, where Zeffie stood in wait. "Come on Em!" She said, in her usual eager voice. "I'm getting bored here!'
David looked at Jack's armour as he walked. It looked good, a bit ostentatious, perhaps, and he could see several ways to kill Jack already... but his inner critic shut up. He stepped into the pod, saying "Hey Zeffie! How are you?"
Zeffie walked in after him. "I'm fine, really. I can't wait to end this war."

Emmy looked back, and checked if everyone was there. Melissa hurried in, seating herself beside Emmy. "Alright," Emmy said. "Deploy." The pod's door closed shut, and they rose into the air.
David looked around. "Did I mention I killed the other two generals?" he said, slyly.
Emmy wasn't surprised. "They're not the real threat. They were always push-overs, from the start."
David rolled his eyes. "Fine. Don't appreciate it." he said, sarcastically.
"Heh... Did you really?" Jack commented. "I guess that at least makes some effort in this war. It means Astral has to either appoint new generals, or control the army herself..."
Emmy nodded. "We should rest. It'll take about half an hour to get there."

Jack opened up the armour enough to get his arms over to the inside of the breast piece. "If we've got time, I might as well wo- Argh!" He was shocked again. "...on that..."
Emmy chuckled, and focused on flying.
"Take that there... Place that here... Connect the-" Jack yelped in pain again with another shock. "...Not that then..."
David sat there and twiddled his thumbs, waiting, thinking of Jessika, and the Juggernaut crew. He briefly thought of Samantha, and wondered what to do. David yawned. "Wake me up when you've flying over." he announced. He closed his eyes, and quickly started snoring.
"Lazy gi-" Another shock hit Jack. He jolted, and shook his head some more. "I'm going to wind up with the Charge affinity at this rate..." He commented, returning to his work.

Emmy was having fun. She missed Aegis, even if she couldn't visit freely, it was nice to be back. In the distance, she saw Spire- a tall tower, surrounded by a city. Today was a cloudy day, so the top of the tower couldn't be seen.
"That... should do it..." Jack said, closing the armour back up. "So... That's where we're heading?"
"Spire, the capital city. See that tower?" She pointed out the window. "That's where we're headed."
"Looks like fun," He replied, looking on at the tower. "Is this where you used to rule from, then?"
"Yes, I did. However, I didn't live there."
"Hmm... Where did you live then?"
Emmy pointed off to the outskirts of the city, where it met with a forest. "Around there. I had a nice little house, and a library."
"Always with the libraries..." He smiled. "Hmm... If you used to rule there though... I guess that makes it easier."
"Hmmm?" Emmy didn't understand what he meant.
Melissa was fast asleep.
David, eyes closed, smiled briefly. But no-one saw.
"Well... If you ruled there... Surely you know of the defence systems there... And more importantly, how to pass them. That sort of thing."
Emmy nodded. "I see."

The tower loomed closer, and the ship passed over the town.
"Nice place..." He said, looking over. "I wonder... How much she's changed it though..."
"Not much, I assume. She'd most likely have it like it was when she first tried to take over."
"And that was...?"
"...when my mother was killed."
"Oh... I'm sorry..." Jack replied, feeling guilty for bringing up the point.
David sprang in to relieve the awkwardness. "Are we there yet?" he asked, suddenly.
"Yeah, almost. A few more minutes. Are you going to jump?"
David smiled. "Yes."
"Alright, now is the time." One of the door opened, and the side of the tower could be seen. "Jump."
David looked down for a moment. Vade's head snapped back up. "Au revoir, mon cheri." said Vade, grinning. Without a further word, he ran and jumped out the side of the pod.
"I don't like French." She closed the door, and started a slow, spiralling descent down the tower.
"He's insane... He really is..." Jack sighed. "I guess it's time..."

Vade fell fast, the air humming around him. Vade closed his eyes, and focused. A darkness appeared around him, and suddenly, he shrunk inwards. A large bat appeared where Vade had been. It continued down on it's path, going fast. Vade spotted some guards on the gate winch. He swooped down behind them, and silently reverted back into his more human self. "Oliver." he whispered. The weapon appeared in his arms, and Vade smiled. A quick movement, and both the guards collapsed. Vade moved on quickly- he had work to do.

The tower whizzed by them. Emmy poked Melissa. "Wake up. We have work to do."
"Finally!" Zeffie replied. "I was getting bored again!"
Melissa opened her eyes, sleepily. "Is it time, already?"
Emmy nodded. "It is."
"Brilliant..." Jack sighed. "Where is she in here then? Right at the top?"
Emmy shook her head.
"I don't know. We're landing at the bottom. Usually, the top section is only for really important events, due to... it's special properties.
"Special... Properties?"
Emmy nodded. "The throne room is dangerous to be in, if you stay too long."
"And... Why is that?"
Emmy shrugged. "I don't know the true reasons, but some say that the amount of power will drive you mad- the Spire is directly connected with the core of the continent."
"Great... So she could be insane..." Jack sighed.

Vade stood in front of the entrance of the tower, smeared in gore, and worse. He attempted to signal to Emmy, but it was dark. He sighed. "I hope she doesn't mind." Summoning all his power, he put his hand to the side of the tower, and spoke a few words. The whole tower immediately turned the violent flouro-pink that David and Vade so loved. Vade giggled, and drank that liquid Emmy had given him, as he felt drained by the magick.

Emmy was already near the bottom of the tower when she saw the bright pink colour of the tower. "David... Ooh. She dipped the ship lower, and landed by Vade.
“Well... It's unorthodox..." Jack commented, getting out of the pod. "I'm hoping the pink is more than just an aesthetic thing..."
Vade smiled at the two. "Of course it's just aesthetic! Had to get your attention somehow!" he said. He frowned. "Uh. David wants to come back now. How boring."
"We were already on our way down..." She stepped toward the entrance, with Melissa following. "I really love this dress!" Emmy exclaimed, talking about her black apparel.
"Hmm..." He smiled. "You look lovely in it, too." He paused, and looked at the tower. "Right then. What's the plan?
Melissa spoke. "We go in, we dethrone Astral, and that's it. It's so simple..."
Vade shuddered, and twitched. He collapsed, and David got up, brushing his sleeves. "Sorry." he said. "I wanted to fight this one. I overruled Vade on this occasion." He paused, and drew his long zweihander out from behind his back, throwing Oliver to the ground. "Right. Let's get the crown back, hey Emmy?"
Emmy was looking up at the tower. "...Yeah." She paused for a moment, before looking back. "David, what is happiness?"
David followed her gaze. "It's not a pink tower?" he hazarded. "But before I answer, why do you ask?"
Emmy looked down. "Why do we have to kill everyone? It all starts with one person, then another, and another... I just want to be happy, David!"
David silently took Emmy in his arms, and hugged her in tight. "Happiness is found where you go looking for it." he said. "We're killing people who took others happiness away. So that we can bring happiness back to those who deserve it."
David noticed Jack looking at him funnily. He stepped back, and smiled at Jack. "I'm allowed to hug my step-god-daughter, aren't I?" he asked.
Jack thought for a second. "Yeah. Of course." He paused again. 'You were only consoling her. It's not that bad...' he thought.
Emmy nodded. "However, I think I'm missing out on the happiness that others may receive." She nodded toward the Spire. "We should get going."

David looked at the big door in front of him. He pulled his foot back, and kicked one, twice, three times. The door splintered, and David reached in, and opened it from there. He strode in as guards came running, sweeping his blade, cutting down a guard with each strike, not pausing in his advance.
Emmy's eyes were clouded. She strode through, and began to climb the stairs. When a guard came, she speared them with a small shard of light.
Zeffie hovered above, picking off any guards she could spot with her bow. Two unfortunate guards found themselves joined at the stomach.
Melissa observed this all, ready to protect any of them, lest they be caught by surprise. "So this is what battle is like..." she wondered.
"Hmm..." Jack nodded, his left arm raised while running. He blasted guards with wind, knocking them into the walls. He kept his strikes non-fatal.
Emmy walked up, glancing at the crystal column. It was intact, good. "We can't waste time! Jack, can you fly us up?!"
"On it." He replied. He lifted up his arms. "Zeff, give me a hand!"
Zeffie raised her arms too. "Ready when you are!" She called back. Jack smiled. "Ready... Now!"
Hurricane force winds blew from beneath them, hurling them upwards along with any guards unlucky enough to be nearby.

David turned and ran, catching the outskirts of the wind upwards as well.

The group blasted along. A group of guards saw them go by, and looked to see what was going on, inadvertently getting caught in the vacuum behind them. "Zeff, start firing forwards!" Jack shouted, as they approached the top levels.
"Get ready! We won't know what she'll do when she finds out we're here." Emmy landed on the platform. She pointed to a door. "There's the last set of stairs."
"You know, with the chaos we've caused, I think she's probably been alerted by now..." Jack sighed. He drew his sword. "Hmm... This'll /definitely/ be fun..."
David charged at the door, and kicked it down. "Ladies first." he gestured.
"My, what a gentleman!" Emmy led the way, with Melissa behind her. She stepped up the stairs.
"She never says that when /I/ open a door for her." Jack muttered under his breath. He followed them up the stairs.
David went in last, surveyed the scene. "That's not good." he said.

On the throne sat a woman, presumably Astral. Of more concern to David were the fifty men in front of her, crossbows drawn, fingers on triggers. All pointed at him.
Astral stood up, and brushed her orange hair aside. "Welcome back, Esmeralda." she pronounced the name distastefully. "We've been... waiting... soooo long for you!"
Emmy was silent.
"So you're the infamous Astral," Jack said with a confident grin, mocking her name with his voice. "I see you've been looking after the throne well. Care to give it back?" He had his arms straight down, and sent a slight breeze over to Zeffie.
She looked at Jack, and smiled. "But why would I give it back?" she patted the crystal throne. "I loooooove this throne!"
"Well, you may loooooove it, but it's not yours, I'm afraid." He looked around, noticing the crossbows pointing in their direction, aimed specifically at David. "Friends of yours?"
David bowed. "David LeBlanc, at your service." he straightened. "I killed your other two generals. I hope you aren't as weak as them."
"They were annoying. They didn't even come close to rivalling ME." She stated. "Now, for the course of the day... Your heads."

The men with the crossbows aimed, and fired. Melissa stepped forward. "No one tries to kill us." She brought up her arms, and a portal was formed.
"Heheh." Jack turned his head. "Zeff! Change of plan!" He turned his head back around. "Make sure each and every bolt goes to that portal!" They placed their arms forward, creating a funnel of wind around the portal, causing any stray bolts to be redirected towards it.
Astral noticed the portal behind her. A wall of fire burst open in front of it, melting the bolts.
Emmy laughed in an eerie way, and jumped forward, sword in hand.
David grinned, and also leapt forward, zweihander flashing in a deadly arch

Emmy spun, slicing most of the guards on her right, then meeting with Astral. She brought out her own sword. She parried the blow, laughing.
Jack flung himself forwards, blasting over any guards attempting to reload.
David cut down a swathe of guards, and saw Emmy and Astral fighting. He threw his zweihander full on though another guard, and ran towards the pair. As Astral parried the blow, David drew his voidblade, and stabbed at Astral, taking her in the shoulder.
Astral screamed, turned, and picked David up.
David threw the void-blade to the ground, unable to use it on her. He reached into his other pocket, as Astral unleashed her magick, causing him to go flying back. David hit a window, and broke through. For a split second he looked surprised. Then he began to fall. "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..." shouted David, as he fell.

Astral cackled. "One down, three to go!" She turned to Jack, and lashed a stream of fire at him.
"Heh." Jack raised his left arm, firing a blast of water back at her. The two streams met in the middle. "Last time I checked, water beats fire!"
Astral laughed. "Doesn't fire evaporate water?" She increased the amount of fire.
Jack jumped to the left, rolling as he landed to avoid the fire. He launched himself at the wall behind her, sword at the ready.

Emmy picked up David's void knife. "Melissa catch!" She tossed it to the girl, and she caught it. Melissa thought, and then grinned.
Throwing it to the floor, and chanting, she summoned a cloud of knives- void knives
Astral's eyes widened. "What are you?!"
Jack hit the wall, and used his momentum to catapult himself at Astral, sword held ready. "Melissa! Now!"
A storm of knives exploded from the hovering septagram.
Emmy ran behind the knives. "She's my daughter!" she yelled at Astral.
Astral smiled, and walked right into the knives.

"What the..." Jack said, looking at Astral as knife after knife penetrated her chest, legs, arms, and head. She collapsed to the floor in a pool of blood, smiling.
Emmy walked over to Astral's corpse. "That's... horrible..."
Jack sheathed his blade. "Hmm... Almost too easy though..." He looked at the body. "She could've easily blocked that... Why'd she-" He turned around.

A bird, made of fire erupted from behind them.
"DOWN!" Jack shouted, grabbing Emmy and forcing them to the ground.
A blazing figure appeared before them, and laughed. "You thought I'd go down thaaat easily?!"
Emmy smiled. "I wonder if David had this much trouble with Samantha?"
"Note to self: Never make any other Guardians as enemies..." Jack smiled as well. "Do you never give up?!" He shouted to Astral.
Melissa stepped forward, her eyes dull. "They have a saying that the dead have no mouths." A lance of darkness whipped at Astral.
The flames around the figure increased in strength, blocking the darkness with ease. "The dead have no mouths, hmmmmm? I'm not so suuure about that..." Astral raised her arm. "How about you test it for me!" A blast of fire roared out, headed directly for Melissa.
Melissa gritted her teeth. "Border of Cold and Heat? Or was it..." She was confused, but she summoned a seal, which absorbed the magic. She sent it back at Astral.
Emmy, who was watching this all, sent a wave of water at Astral.

Astral started to laugh manically. "I expected as much from the daughter of Esmeraaaaldaa." She stood infront of the blast of fire, unaffected. "But you can't huuurt me with fire." A wave of fire, similar to a solar flare, lashed out and met Emmy's attack. "Pitiful. Piiiiitiful"
Emmy frowned. "Jack... there's no way we can beat her!" Melissa was struggling, repelling Astral's attacks.
"Leave my daughter alone!' He shouted at Astral. The Control Glove started to glow white, and started to shake slightly.
"Your daughter?" Astral laughed again. "Esmeralda, you've dropped down from grace, haaaaven't you."
Emmy laughed. "I think I'm very graceful indeed!" She sent a wave of water at Astral.
"You never learn, do you!" She laughed, blocking the wave. "Your child can't hang on forever!" She increased the strength of her attack.*

Melissa sprung the side, avoiding it. She was tired. "I wish you'd... Slow down!!" Around her, everything froze.
Emmy looked around. "Everything... stopped..." She was amazed.
Jack looked straight at Astral. "Emmy, I'll deal with this" He raised both hands, water starting to form infront of him. "Ready?" He asked Astral, sarcastically
Emmy ran over to the exhausted Melissa. "Are you ok?"
Melissa groaned. "Uuugh. I'm tired..."

"This is for my daughter, you-" Jack's words were cut off by a large column of water that blasted out of his hands, and hit the immobile Astral dead on.
The water covered Astral. Melissa stood up, revived by the drink Emmy had given her. "As soon as I let go of my spell, she'll be dead."
She looked at Emmy. "You should do what you have to do."
Emmy nodded, and walked over to Astral. "...This. Is this happiness?" She placed her hand on the immobile flames, and closed her eyes.
"Not this..." Jack commented, finishing a potion off. "...but the feeling of knowing that you have relieved Aegis of an insane ruler and ended a war." He closed his eyes and crossed his arms. "Happiness is too difficult to define; it changes from person to person. But you'll know it when you feel it."
She lifted her sword, and pointed it up. She looked at the black orb. "I suppose that for now, this dance must continue." She looked at Melissa. "Now."
Melissa nodded, and exhaled, as the spell was released.

Astral screamed in pain as her flames began to extinguish. She tried to increase their strength, but it failed.
Emmy looked at the dying entity. "Death, blood, and pain. This is how things end." She turned to the throne. "This is where I reclaim my throne, and we live happily ever after, right?" She laughed.
Jack smiled back. "If this were a fairytale, yes." He laughed. "Who knows?"
Melissa looked out the window. She laughed hollowly. "Everything ends in death. That is the truth."

Astral flailed in vain, her flames a deep red as they weakened. She had lost her limbs, and existed only as a head and body.
Jack walked over to Melissa. "Melissa... That's..." He ignored the screaming of Astral. "That's only half true."
Melissa looked away. "Ask Emmy. She knows it's true."
"Because two people say something is true doesn't mean it is." He said, standing beside her and looking out of the window. "While things may end, new things begin."
Melissa was silent. She contemplated the world- the real world. The dark, pain-filled world.
Emmy sat on the throne. "Sometimes, I wish things could go back to the way they used to, Jack. That is the truth." Emmy said.
"Hmm..." He said, looking over at her. "The way they used to..." He turned back to Melissa.
Melissa brightened up. "Of course, some things are better. If none of this ever happened, I wouldn't be here!"
"Exactly." Jack smiled. He looked back at Emmy. "How does it feel then, to be back in the throne?"

Zeffie came over, behind her a mass of guards and arrows. "That's the way things should be!" She smiled, gesturing at Emmy.
She stood up. "This isn't my home. This is..." She paused. "...My work, I suppose." She laughed. She thought for a bit. "Wouldn't that mean Melissa is a princess, then?"
"Yeah, I guess." Jack smiled, looking over to Melissa. He bowed before her.
Melissa frowned at Jack's bow. "It would also mean Jack is the King." She said. "Not that it's a meaningful position in Aegis..." she muttered.
"King..." Jack turned back, his thoughts instantly changing. He shook his head. "Just sounds like a fancy title." He smiled. "But... Doesn't something like that require marriage?"
Emmy nodded. "Of course, there are other ways of tying people together, at least unofficially." She looked at Zeffie. "Zeffie, you're queen now, until I return."
"Until you return?" Zeffie looked at her. "Em, you've only just got here! At least stay a little before rushing off!"
Emmy looked around. "I think you would understand. It's not time for me to come back, anyway." She touched the Orb on her sword, transferring her newly gained magic into it. "I have business elsewhere."
"Always with the business..." He looked at her, smiling. "Well then, I suggest we head back to Fenrir at least, recover a bit." He looked at Melissa. "It looks like some of use were more badly injured than others..."
"Like David!" Melissa exclaimed. Emmy nodded. "Right. we shouldn't go to Fenrir, though. Why don't we head over to my place?"
"Your place?" He looked at her. "Sounds good. I'm sure Melissa would like to see your library, wouldn't you?"
Melissa nodded, eager with the prospect of new reading material.
"It'll be nice to see your home," Jack said to her. "I'm starting to feel guilty for not taking you to see Seros now..."
Emmy smiled. "I would love to visit Seros with you, and meet your Mother."

She paced around the column of crystal. "This room is full of memories for me."
Jack looked up at the column. "Good memories?" Jack asked, somewhat intrigued by the crystal.
"Memories. Good, and bad." She paced faster. "On the next floor up, is where I was awakened, for the first time." She stopped, and looked at the throne. "This is also where I saw the corpse of my mother, slumped on the throne."
Again, Jack felt guilty. It seemed that almost everything he said seemed to return to that topic. "I'm sorry." He looked at her.
Melissa patted Jack's arm sympathetically.
Emmy smiled at Jack. "You don't need to be sorry. She ran toward the window, and jumped out.
Jack shook his head. "I have to wonder if she's lost her mind sometimes..." He muttered, deliberately loud enough for Melissa and Zeffie to hear. "Well." He smiled. "Only one thing to do. I'd best give chase." He ran at the window, jumping out after her.

Emmy opened her umbrella as she fell. "I used to love doing this..." She smiled inwardly.
Jack rocketed past, before outstretching his arms. He seemed to float back up to her level (while still falling), laying back with his arms behind his head. "Umbrellas... Who needs them?" He joked.
Emmy laughed, and cast away her umbrella. She zoomed down, falling normally.
He rolled, looking downwards. "Looks like David had a soft landing..." He said, looking at the crater beneath them.
Emmy felt the breath being sucked out of her. She bent her knees, and cast a spell.
Jack started to barrel-roll in the air, and started rotating around until his feet were pointing towards the ground.
Emmy outstretched her arms, and wings formed of light-shards formed behind her. She landed gently on her feet.
The end of his coat dangling about in the wind, Jack lowered himself down towards the ground, hovering inches above the floor. "I need to do that more often," He smiled.
Emmy's wings remained behind her. "Yes, it's really fun."
"I just hope Melissa doesn't try that..." He looked back up. "I guess Zeffie must be taking her down the stairs..."
"Oh? Look up." Above them, Zeffie was flying down, holding Melissa in her arms.
"Heheh..." He looked at the two briefly. "I best go and check on David... Why don't you three go on ahead and we'll catch you up?"
Zeffie shook her head. "I have stuff to do back in the tower." Emmy nodded. "Alright, I'll go home, and get some food made, or at least tidy up."
Emmy and Melissa walked away.

"Heh..." Jack smiled, looking at the two as they walked off. He turned around, and headed for the crater. "Jess is going to go fanatical if David's gone..."

Summery

David knocks Jess out, to protect her and their child. Battle plans are discussed, and Emmy, Melissa, Jack, Zeffie and David leave in the Pod-ship to Spire, Capital city of Aegis. Vade jumps off of the ship, landing down and taking out the front guards. Meeting up with the rest of the group, and reverting back to David, they fight (and fly) their way up the tower, confronting Astral. Epic combat begins, David gets thrown out of the tower, and Astral gets brutally injured by knives (deliberatly...). She comes back as a flaming monstrosity, Melissa freezes time, and Jack kills her off. Melissa, somewhat affected by the battle, comes across as dark, but brightens up. Jack and Emmy do some free-falling, and it ends with Melissa and Emmy heading off towards Emmy's old home, and Jack searching for David.

Marriage?

At the bottom of the tower (Still hideous pink, from Vade's earlier magick), inside a massive crater, something groaned. David opened his eyes, and immediately regretted it. He tried to move- and regretted that too. "Help?" he asked to the air above him.
"Should I at this point rub in the fact of my abilities with Atmos," a voice replied. Jack hovered into view over the side of the crater, looking down upon him. "I was starting to wonder why you hadn't bounded back up the stairs..."
David looked up. "Jack!" he said. He grimaced. "I think all my bones are broken..."
"Brilliant..." Jack replied, looking upon David. "I thought you could use life magick... Can't you fix yourself?"
David glared at Jack. "I can't move my arms. I can't do it." he stated.
Jack shook his head. "Brilliant..." He paused in thought, before landing down beside him. "Can you channel the energy?"
"It wouldn't work... you need to bend my arm over to touch my other arm." said David.
"Well... I could do that. But..." Jack paused again. "It's going to be extremely painful if I move your arms."
David grimaced again. "I know. But it's extremely painful now. Just do it."

"Hmm..." Jack crouched down, lifting up David's motionless left arm. He lent over, grabbed his right arm, and brought it up to meet the left one, trying to ignore thinking about how painful it was for David.
David opening his mouth- screaming in silent agony. With extreme focus, he worked around the pain, and his right hand glowed. There were several cracks as the bones in his left arm came back together. David, tears rolling down his eyes, could now move his left arm. He moved his left arm down his whole body, resetting every bone. It was the most painful thing David has ever done. At the end, he slowly staggered to his feet, and leant on Jack. "Thank you, Jack." he said.
"You're welcome." Jack replied, caught by surprise when David lent on him, almost going over. He fought back. "Let's just say I'm paying you back in advance."
David looked at Jack, puzzled. "I guess the fact you're alive means that Astral isn't. So good work there. Tell me, what am I giving you now?"
"Already forgotten..." Jack muttered, shaking his head again. "My family. You said I have relatives that I've never heard about before."
David nodded. "Can we sit down? I can tell you now."

He sat down, back against the pink tower. "Where should I start?" he asked.
Jack stood opposite him, crossing his arms and looking at him inquisitively. "Start from the beginning. Who was my mother?"
David was silent for a moment. "You mother... is still alive, so far as I know. Her name is Corona Egwelln. But... she's..." David stopped. "She's currently the high priestess on Seros. And the Elder's wife. I'm afraid that she was corrupted by power. You mother is not a nice person."
"The Elder's wife...?" Jack looked at him, confused. "No... That can't... But..." He left his trail of thought. "So she's our enemy, are you saying?"
"Your enemies are who you decide should be your enemies." said David. "But personally, I'd happily gut her." he looked at Jack's face. "No offence meant."
"Sounds like you and her have had a good past." Jack commented, closing his eyes. He sighed. "She's been out of my life for over 20 years, and left me to die. I... Don't know."
David sighed. "I've know your father for a very long time. We've been best friends since I was 19. Well, what can I say? He was a genius. I joined the army... he got married, we were close. Corona was a good woman back then. But she wanted to help the family so much. You were born... I was at there. I was the godfather... Anyway, Corona wanted finical support, as Macrone wasn't paided too well in those days. So she went out of her way for power..." David paused, deep in memory. "You father began to search for special inventions. But she was pregnant again. She couldn't cope. She left him. One child each... And then Macrone disappeared. And here I was on the side, watching the family collapse. But Corona and her child seemed well-off. So I kept a very close eye on you..." he said
"I see..." Jack opened his eyes again, his mind was confused. "So she went after help, and became corrupted by the power she received from the Elder..." He paused, shifting his arms a little. "Then what of this other child, then. Who is he, or she?"
David nodded. "I was in the army once, you know?" he said, distantly. "I fought with the Seros Shockers. I wasn't expected to live. But I did. I was promoted. I survived. 'Captain LeBlanc.' I was called." David put his hand to his head. "I couldn't keep a close eye on Corona and her child. She was too high up. And you needed more care anyway. But imagine my surprise when your sister, Cyra is brought to me, captain LeBlanc, and I am told I must train her to fight."
"Cyra..." He repeated, looking at him. "So you trained my sister to fight... I wouldn't have expected a young woman to wield a zweihander..."
David shook his head. "She didn't. We fought with normal swords. Even wonder why I don't use a normal sword? I used to have one. It was famous. "The Avenger" it was called.” he paused again, recalling the events. "I trained your sister. Well. Supremely well. She became a superb swords-woman. Then she joined the army as well... and one day, there was a promotion available. General. It was an honour. Two candidates. Me, and Cyra. we duelled for the position. We fought for at least two hours, but she was tiring, and we all knew it. I cut her on the arm- scarred her... but then her mother cast some spell at me... I was weakened... and then Cyra used that to win."
David spat to the side of him. "And then she took my sword and armour, crushed three of my ribs, and left me gutted and dying on the duelling stage."
"She sounds friendly as well..." He paused, closing his eyes again. "So she cheated, took the position of General..." He stopped, noting what David had said. "Left dying...? Very friendly. I guess we'll have to thank her when we get to Seros..."
David nodded. "I think we should head back there next. Something... I don't know what... is telling me that's where we have to be next."
"Hmm..." He smiled. "It's only right for me to take Emmy and Melissa to meet the family... And pay back my step-father."

David smiled. "Jack. You mightn't know it but I've been watching out for you for a long time. I'd be all too happy to help. Well, I do have my own reasons for wanting to go back, as well..." He straightened. "But you realise that we need an army? Anything less is suicide."
"Yeah..." Jack looked back at him. "I can see you have your reasons..." He thought for a second. "I'll speak to Emmy about it, and see what we can do. That would be an interesting battle; two rivals fighting again in the field of battle. Well... Leading troops in battle." He lower his arms, and turned slightly. "David?"
David was looking the other way. "Huh? What?" he asked, surprised.
He shook his head, and paused. "...Thanks. It seems you've helped me a lot in my past, me being unaware of most of it."
David grinned. "You wouldn't believe how many times you were almost mugged."
Jack smiled back. "I always wondered why the streets seemed defunct of criminals..."
"Well, I couldn't stand by and watch you get mugged... all those times..."
"Again, thanks." He looked up. "I wonder how much I owe you then."
David stood up. "Don't worry about it." he smiled. "I know this may sound funny, but I want you to be my child's godfather, when the time comes."
"So I'd be the godfather of my godfather's child..." Jack grinned. "I'd be glad to."

David offered his hand to Jack, and pulled him up. "And what of you and Emmy? What are your plans?" he asked, curious.
"I don't quite know..." He paused. "But... I..." He sighed. "I feel that it might be time to go ahead and take that final step." He looked off into the distance.
David raised an eyebrow. "You've got a kid already. How much further can you get?" he asked, pointedly.
"I would've thought it was obvious..." Jack shrugged. He took a breath, unsure of David's reaction to what he was going to say. "I'm going... Going to propose."
David threw his head back and laughed.
"Somehow I thought you were going to do that..." Jack sighed, regretting his words. "Fine then. Tell me, what are your plans with Jess then? Seeing as you've said yourself that she's pregnant."
David stopped laughing. "No, don't get me wrong. Propose to her. It's that you're so sheepish. She clearly loves you. It's just funny, that's all."
He stopped, and thought. "I suppose I should do the same with Jess." he admitted. "She's the centre of my life."
"Stealing my ideas are we..." He joked. "Well, good luck with Jess. I'm sure you two will do well together." He turned his head again, and thought. "Wait a second... One more question. If you're my Godfather... Who's my Godmother?"
David blinked. "I... er... honestly don't know. There was someone... I can't remember. You'd think I'd know, hey?"
"Heheh... I guess that's one part of my family I won't learn about. Ah well..." He laughed. Thinking for a second, he looked towards spire. "I have some things to sort out then. The plan is to head over to where Emmy used to live, which is out on the outskirts of this town, in that direction." He pointed out to the side of them. "If she asks where I went, just tell her that I wanted to take a quick walk to clear my mind of the battle, okay?"
David nodded at Jack. "Right. Er... have you got a ring?" he asked.
"That's what I'm off to do." He replied, looking back. "Emmy gave me some money a while ago, when we first got to Edge." He produced a rather large pouch of coins. "I'm sure there's some sort of jewellers or something."
David smiled, and produced a somewhat larger coin-pouch. "If you're headed that way, could you please buy me, say, two diamonds? Of the best quality you can find. And as large as you can get, please." He tossed the pouch to Jack.
"Are you going to be shadowing me to make sure I don't get mugged?" He joked.
David chuckled.. "I've got my own business to attend to. If you get mugged, bad luck."
"I think I can defend myself," He smiled back, Control Glove raised. "I'll be off then. And I hope Jess doesn't kill you when she finds out you knocked her out..." He turned, and started to walk forwards down the street.
David groaned. "I'm really hoping that she won't remember that." he said. "But no doubt she will."
"Bye Jack!" he called.

Summery

David and Jack have a talk about Jack's family; specifically detailing his mother Corona and his sister Cyra. They then talk about their plans, which ends off in Jack heading into Spire to aquire a ring, and some diamonds for David.

Proposing over Cake

The streets of Spire were old, yet filled with life. People bustled past, each going different ways down the streets. Children watched in awe as a street-performed, obviously a burn magician, created fire in his hands and then ate the flame, showing it on his tongue. To the left, a group of people were surrounded by a crowd, firing different blasts of magic into the air that exploded and formed various colours and shapes in the sky.
Jack looked left and right, looking to see if he could find the shop he was looking for. He rubbed his coat pocket, making sure nothing had happened to the pouch David handed to him.
He walked to the right, joining in the stream of people as they went to their various destinations. Jack could hear several people ranting on about the tyranny of Astral, and all the damage she had caused to Aegis. Another was arguing about how it was better for Astral to rule, and that Esmeralda just wasted the crown away. It took some self-control not to hit him for it. He pulled out of the stream, approaching a small jewellers. In the window was a display of watches and necklaces, all laid out to amaze the passers-by. He stepped in.
The store Owner greeted Jack kindly. "Hello, looking for anything special?" he asked.
"Erm, yes." He said, looking back at the owner. "First off, I need a ring. I'm planning on tying the knot soon."
"Aaaaah. I see." He gestured at the various rings behind him. "Do you have a certain type of ring in mind?"
"Er..." Jack looked about, at all the varieties and designs. "Hmm... Do you have any special types of rings? Not the sort of flashy stuff but one that really shows my feelings for her?" He asked, feeling out of his depth.
He thought for a bit, assessing the type of person Jack was.
"I suppose something simple, and clean would be the best. Like a simple band, or a crystal ring."
"Hmm..." Jack thought for the moment, before producing his pouch. "What will this let me buy?"
The owner frowned. "Not much, I think."
"I see..." He replied, looking back. "Could you show me what's available, then? If there is anything..."
"Well, I'll give you a discount if I happen to know the person you're planning to marry." He smiled.
"Heh... You may know her," He paused. "But... I doubt you'll believe me if I told you."
He crossed his arms. "Try me. You wouldn't believe me if I told you I was good friends with the ex-queen, Esmeralda; or Emmy, as she likes to go by."
"Really? I'll have to ask her about that..." He smiled. "Because... It's Emmy who I'm proposing to."
He smiled. "I can see why she would like you." He looked around. "Pick any ring, I'll just take whatever you can give."

Jack's face lit up. "Thank you. Thank you a lot." He looked at the selection, and looked over a Crystal ring in particular, one that had been cut in a way so that the light that reflected off shone a multitude of colours.
"What about this one?"
The Owner inspected it. "This is a nice choice, indeed."
"I'll take it then." He smiled, looking back at the owner.
He nodded, and waved his hand over the glass case. It opened, and he plucked out the ring. "Here you go. May the Maker bring you happiness."
"Thank you, and may the Maker bring you happiness too." He took the box, and placed into his inside coat pocket, making sure it was hidden. He handed the owner the pouch, and proceeded to leave.

Before reaching the door, he walked back. "Sorry, I almost forgot. My friend asked me to do something as well." He looked at the owner again. "He was looking for two diamonds, preferably as large and as good quality as this can buy." He produced a much larger pouch this time.
He laughed. "Diamonds aren't of much value around here. You'll only need to pay me around 3 gold credits for the largest.
"Ah." Jack smiled, slightly bewildered by the owner's statement. "Hmm... I'll take 3 of the largest then, if that's the case."
He nodded, and went to the back of the store. He came out, holding a large bag. "Here you go. Pleasure doing business with you."
'Much larger than I expected...' He thought to himself. "Er, hate to be a pain but could I have a few ring-sized ones as well? Just incase."
The Owner nodded, and went back to get them.

Jack produced the box again, looking again at the ring. 'I hope she will... No. I know she'll love it' His mind convinced him. He closed the box and put it back, waiting for the owner.

He came back, with a small pouch. “That will be 33 silver credits, please”.
"Yes, here you go." He said, handing the money to the owner. He took the pouch, and hid it on himself, making sure it wasn't visible. "Thank you very, /very/ much. May the Maker smile upon you."
"Alright, have a nice day!" He waved.
"You too." He waved back, before proceeding to leave the shop. He looked about the street - which seemed quieter than before - and took a right, heading in the direction of Emmy's home/

-Later-

Jack walked along a path, surrounded by nothing but field. He could see the trees of the nearby forest close-by, some of which were closer than the others, as if hiding something.
The trees seemed to approach quickly, and before he knew it, he was walking amongst them, shaded from the sun. The road became more even, as if they were indicating that he was in a place of great importance.
He reached a hillside, where the path branched upwards into steps, and began climbing up.

At the top of the steps, was a simple cottage, painted a dark purple, with brown linings. The door was simple, and had a small knocker, with a rose engraved on it. To the sides, grew many cherry trees.
Jack walked up, somewhat bewildered at the sight of a dark purple cottage; it seemed like an odd colour for a home. He walked up to the door, looking at the cherry trees to the side. His lack of concentration led him straight into the door.
Shaking his head, and looking around to see if anyone saw him, he reached for the knocker, and struck it against the door a couple of times.
Emmy opened the door, smiling. "Hello, Jack!"
"Hey Emmy!" Jack said smiling. He stepped forwards to kiss her, and stepped back again, looking at the house. "So this is your home, hey?"
Emmy smiled. "Yeah. I love this place."
"It looks nice. A little bit different with the colour-scheme, but nice."
Emmy tugged at Jack. "Come on in!"
"Okay, okay! I'm coming." He smiled.

The floor of the cottage was wooden, stained red. There wasn't much furniture, besides a two large sofas, a bookshelf, and a low table. On the far left corner, was the kitchen, which was a smaller version of the one in Fenrir. Emmy sat on the sofa. "Home sweet home, hmm?"
"Yeah..." Jack said, looking about at the room. "This looks lovely. And slightly odd for a Queen, considering the stereotype is fancy carpets and castles and whatnot... I can see why you like it." He paused. "By the way... Do you know where Melissa and Zeffie are?"
She pointed to the stairs leading up. "Melissa is upstairs, in the library. Zeffie had some stuff to do in the Tower, remember?"
"Ah yes... I need to speak with her a second." With that, he turned around, and headed for the stairs.
Emmy looked at him going up the stairs. "Oh well..." she sighed, and looked at the ring she had been holding in her hand.

Jack reached the top, and looked about on the hallway, looking for the library. He walked in, and looked about for Melissa.
The library was crowded, with high bookshelves, reaching the ceiling. They were organized in a circular pattern around a group of chairs, and a ornate coffee table. Melissa was reclining in one of the chairs, reading an old book.
Jack smiled. "You must be in heaven." He walked over to Melissa.
Melissa looked up from her book, and set it down. "Hello, Jack."
"Melissa, can I ask you to help me with something?" He said, crouching down. "How well do you think you can cook?"
"Huh?" She was puzzled. "I'm not an excellent cook. Emmy's the best around, you know..."
"I know. But, I was wondering if you could help me with something..." He stood back up, and sat down beside her. "I want to make this night one of the best nights Emmy's ever had. Such as cook her dinner, get her relaxed, and..." He brought out the small box.
Melissa laughed. "I see where you're going with this. Of course... wouldn't she be a little suspicious if someone else did the cooking for her?"
"Hmm..." Jack thought for a moment. "I think we could probably get away with telling her it's in celebration of the battle earlier... Possibly..." He looked forwards. "This is going to be more difficult than I originally thought..."
"Really, Jack. Just ask her. Let her make her own meals. She enjoys it; so don't try to make someone else do it." Melissa said frankly.
"I was going to ask if you could help me make one, not rely on you entirely to do it." He looked off in the distance again. "She cooks all the meals, so I was thinking more on the lines of doing something special for her..." He went back into thought.
Melissa considered this, and nodded. "Alright, that seems good. What are you going to make?" She paused. "Also, for some reason, Emmy's been feeling rather down. I don't know why, but hopefully this will cheer her up."
"Hmm... For the meal I'm thinking something that would surprise her, but not be too difficult..." He stood up again, and looked about. "I'm sure there's some cookery books in here somewhere..." He walked off a few steps, and began examining the bookshelf before him. "Whys she been down then?"
She shrugged. "I don't know."
"Hmm... I'll have to ask her about it." He said, moving books in and out. He pulled out one, labelled "Cooking for Beginners", and while considering it, put it back.
Melissa got up, and picked a book, and passed it to Jack. "Here. How about a dessert?"
"Hmm... I'm thinking something like that ice-cream... But getting a little bit more creative with it." He opened the book. "There might be something like that in here..."
Melissa covered her face with her hand. "Cake. She loves cake. Chocolate."
"Chocolate Cake it is, then!" He smiled, looking through for some sort of meal.
"We should start now, if we want to have cake at a reasonable time."
"Right then." He said, closing the book. "Let's hope Emmy doesn't catch on..." He smiled, stepping towards the door.
Melissa nodded. "She shouldn't suspect anything. She's pretty depressed, actually."
"Really?" Jack replied, looking at her. "I wonder what's up..."
Melissa smiled. She knew.

The two approached the bottom of the stairs, the recipe book in plain sight. Jack put it down on a small table, and walked over to Emmy. "Melissa's been telling me that you're feeling down. How come?"
Emmy looked surprised. "What? I'm feeling fine! Why would you think that..."
"I'm only the messenger." He replied, walking behind her. He began rubbing her shoulders. "But, Melissa and I have been talking and we've decided, that tonight we're going to make you dinner."
Melissa butted in."Actually, we're only going to make a dessert..."
Emmy nodded, and closed her eyes. "Yeah, that's fine..."
"Right then..." He said, finishing the massage. He got up, and walked over to Melissa, picking back up the book on the way. "Just stay there, and relax."
"Alright then. To the kitchen!" She walked into the kitchen.

Jack followed, recipe book in hand. He turned briefly, smiled at Emmy, and walked in. "Right. Ingredients..." Jack started to raid the cupboards, pulling out flour and sugar.
Melissa went over to the refrigerator, and pulled out some eggs.
She set them down on the counter, and brought out the butter.
"Did you find the chocolate?"
"Hang on..." Jack said, his head fully in one of the cupboards. He pulled out a large bar of chocolate, along with some baking powder, and placed it on the counter.
He then closed the counter, and opened another, looking for some scales and bowls.
"I'm a little short, so I might not be able to help you much... I can barely reach the counter!"
"There's got to be a stool or something to stand on in here..." Jack muttered, looking around.
Melissa looked at her dress. "I think I have more urgent matters to attend to..."
The black material was deteriorating, and the colours were fading. It wouldn't last long at all.
"Ah." Jack said, looking at her. "That is a problem." He looked at her, then at the cake stuff, and back at Melissa. "Right. Do you want me to help you find something?”
She shook her head. "I'm fine. I have a dress in mind."
"Right, okay." He said, looking back at the cake mixture. "I'll get on with this. If you can, then I recommend not disturbing your mother." He looked closely at the book, and went to another cupboard, taking out a saucepan.

Melissa walked out of the room, heading upstairs.

Jack started mixing ingredients, melting others, and making the mixture. No wonder Emmy liked it so much, cooking was rather enjoyable.

Melissa looked through Emmy's closet. "there has to be something that's right for me..."

"Right... So that goes... There, and that... There. Now to put this in here and..." Jack finished pouring the mixture into the tin, unaware of how similar he sounded to when he was building or fixing something.

Melissa found it. "Oh! What is this...?"

"Right... In that goes..." Jack said, placing the cake mixture in the oven. He looked out of the door. 'I wonder what's taking her so long...'

Melissa's dress was dissipating. "Shoot. No time for asking, I guess." She put the dress on.

Jack ran his finger on the bowl, tasting the mixture. "That's delicious..." He muttered.
Melissa rushed back to Jack. "I'm back!"
"That's a nice dress." Jack smiled. "I guess I may have to speak to Emmy on that..." He looked at his own attire, and then paused. "On second thought, I don't want to wind up in a dress myself..."
Melissa laughed. "I don't think that would happen. You're too cute in your jacket." she winked at him.
"Heheh." Jack looked at the counter briefly. "I'm afraid you've missed out on all of the making fun... But there is the bowl and spoon left."
"Ooh. The fun part!" She licked the spoon. "So, it's cooling now?"
"Still cooking, I believe." He looked down at the cake. "Actually... I think it's about ready to come out..."
Melissa nodded. "What sort of decorations are you going to do on the cake? I think there might be something to help you around here..."
"Hmm..." Jack said, taking it out. "How to do so..." He started looking through the cupboards and drawers again.
Melissa found some wax-paper. "Ah! I found it." She rolled it up, and formed a crude decorating tool with it.
"I think I see where you're going with this..." Jack said, looking at the paper. "A message?"
Melissa shrugged. "Can you think of a good message, that doesn't sound cheesy? I was just going to do a little art, with some cream, or melted chocolate."
"Hmm..." Jack thought for a moment. "I had all the fun making the cake. I only think it's fair that you decorate it. I can't think of any good messages anyway..."
Melissa smiled. "Yay!" She sighed. "We also have to wait a long time for the cake to cool..."
"You could try using your magic to help speed up the process, if you wanted."
Melissa nodded. "Not too much, though." she held her hands over the cake, and focused. Nothing seemed to happen, but the cake wasn't as hot.
"Brilliant." Jack replied, looking at it. "When you think it's ready, go ahead." He looked towards the door. "I wonder how Emmy's doing."

Taking out a large paddle, she began to apply the base frosting to the cake. She hummed softly, while doing so.
"Hmm..." Jack took the pouches from earlier, and placed them over on the other side of the counter. He peeked inside the large pouch, before quickly closing it again. "Sheesh... David's going to be impressed..."

Melissa began to apply the second layer. "We could kill Emmy by poisoning her, you know. Tee hee."
"Yes, I'm really going to kill your mother on the night I plan to propose..." He replied sarcastically.
Melissa laughed. "She wouldn't die, anyway. People like her don't die easily."
"Hmm..." His thoughts turned back to the incident on Edge. "I still wouldn't take the risk."
Melissa finished the second layer, and began on the third. "What kind of ring was it?"
"Here. See for yourself." He said, taking the box out of his coat pocket and opening it, revealing the crystal ring inside.
She paused and looked. "Aaah. It's pretty." She continued. "What do you think she'll say?"
"Obviously, I'm hoping she'll say yes. But..." He paused. "I feel she will, but I guess we'll find out"
Melissa nodded, and began to work on the decorations.
He put the box back in his pocket. "Hmm... But cake? Seems like... Well, it just doesn't seem special enough..." He muttered to himself.
Melissa smiled. "It'll all work out, one way or another, if the Maker wills it."
"Yeah. Good point." Jack replied, slightly relieved. "May we hope the Maker does will it then." He didn't have a clue what he was saying about the Maker, but went ahead anyway.

Melissa changed the topic. "Where do you think David is?"
"I... Have no idea. He could be anywhere in Spire, I guess." He shrugged. "But, I guess just recovering from the fall still, I would've thought. Hmm..." Jack thought briefly, before looking back at Melissa. "How's it coming along then?"
Melissa looked at the cake. "Pretty good, I suppose. I wonder if she'll like it." Melissa put the decorating tool down, and pushed the cake to Jack. "I'm finished."
"Right then." He said, lifting up the cake. "Let's hope she enjoys it." He started walking for the sitting room.
Melissa grabbed some plates. "Let's hope David doesn't burst in here..."

David burst into the room. "Hello everybody!" he sang out. "Jack, have you proposed yet?" he asked.
"I... Er..." He looked over, noticing Emmy asleep, and sighed with relief. "No, not yet. Thanks for almost giving away the surprise..."
Melissa laughed. "You have the worst timing, David."
David bowed. "I do but try." He looked at Emmy. "Er, I kind of need to talk to Emmy. Actually. Oh, and have you got my diamonds, Jack?"
"Yeah, right here." He said, putting down the cake and pulling out two containers; a small pouch and a large bag. "Some of the largest, like you asked, and some smaller ones, just incase." He produced the virtually untouched money pouch. "And they were cheap, too."
"If you're wondering why they were so cheap, it's because the diamonds can be made. Therefore, unlike most other places, diamonds are as cheap as a bar of steel." Melissa added.
David raised an eyebrow. "Don't go telling other nations about that. You'll destabilise the economy." He reached over, and took back his money purse and the diamonds from Jack, stashing them on his body. "Do you know if I could speak to Emmy?" he asked again.
Melissa looked at the sleeping Emmy "She's asleep. What do you need?"
David shuffled his feet. "I need her army... and all her boats and airships... and access to her treasury..."
Melissa doubled over, laughing. "I don't think that would be possible. At least... not all of them. Do you know what that would do to our country?"
David crossed his own arms. "Leave behind a battalion or two then. But I'll need most of them. And if you need help reuniting them, I'm sure I can help."
Melissa thought for a bit. "With the amount of warriors we have, I'm sure one elite battalion will do for you. I guess we should wake Emmy up." She scratched her head. "Jeez, what a mood killer."
David turned to Jack. "One battalion. I can't liberate Seros with that. Work with me here, Jack!" he demanded.
"With Aegis in it's current state, I think you'd be lucky to get anything more than that, I'm afraid." He paused, thinking. "Are there no other alternatives?"

Melissa poked the sleeping Emmy until she awoke. "Hmmmm...?" She sat up, and rubbed her eyes.
"Good to see you awake.." Jack smiled, bringing over the cake, and standing by Melissa. "What do you think?"
"...cake?" She was still half asleep.
"Yeah. It was Melissa's idea." He smiled. "She also decorated it as well."
David smiled at Emmy. "Hello there Emmy! I'm just off. I need to go hire a lot of mercenaries. Don't worry, I'll pass the bill onto you. Bye!" he said, turning to leave.
Emmy leaped up, and ran over to him, and grabbed him on the shoulder. "No, you won't."
David looked Emmy in the eyes. "Er, please?" he said. "If we're going to liberate Seros, we need as much help as we can get."
"No." she said sternly.
"Why not!" asked David.
"We can't trust mercenaries. I'll lend you as much of my armies as I can, but you will not use my money to hire mercenaries."
David frowned. "Most monarchs tend to distrust mercenaries... but I can't understand why. They're some of the most honourable people I know. Most of them, at least. And it's not like they'll be on your land!" he said, voice raised. "We're trying to free our homeland! Can't you understand! I need all the help I can get!" he shouted.
Emmy looked sad for a moment. "I don't trust mercenaries. I have my reasons. We can liberate Seros without them! I think you underestimate our power!"
"I think you underestimate our foe. Because I'm overestimating what we can do." he said, his tone low, but still quite angry.
Emmy sighed. "I'll give you some money. That is all I will give you. "
David looked at her. "What about these troops you just said I could have?" he asked.
She nodded.
"Right, I'll get Zeffie to organize them."
David sighed, and attempted to calm down. "We'll need a lot of your boats as well." he said.
Emmy thought for a bit. "What do you need them for?"
"Taking the troops across to Seros. It's unlikely they'll have enough that are worthy for long journeys." he stated.
"I'll give you some airships that are built for such a thing." Emmy yawned.
David shook his head. "I need normal sea-faring boats." he said. "Firstly because the mercenaries won't trust them, and secondly because they're rather obvious. We need to be a bit sneaky here."
Emmy tilted her head. "Where are you hiring these mercs from? All Aegean people are familiar with Airships. Also, the ones I had in mind, have a camouflage, so it would be hidden. Also, isn't there a large fog surrounding Seros?"
David nodded and smiled. "Alright then. You win that one." he conceded.
He looked at Jack, and Melissa. "Hey Melissa? Present for you." he pulled out a wicked curved knife. He tossed it to her. "Anyway, Ill be off" He walked out, without a further word.

Melissa caught the knife. "...but I don't like curved knives."
"Always with the fighting... From one battle to the next." Jack sighed. "Never any time to just relax, eh?"
Melissa sat down, trying to uncurve the blade. "David is such a pain sometimes!" she struggled.
Emmy leaned back. "At least I have cake! Yay!" She grabbed a plate, and cut herself a rather big slice.
"Hmm." Jack nodded. 'It... Doesn't seem special enough...' His mind argued. 'Is there not anything I can do to make it a little more special for her?'
Melissa looked at Jack, eyebrows raised.
'Perhaps...' His mind continued. 'Hmm... But would that be too obvious that something's up... I don't know.'
Melissa was getting annoyed. She wished Jack would just do something!
He started to become annoyed as well; annoyed at his own procrastination. "Emmy. What do you think?" He said, nerves starting to race.
Emmy looked up, a tiny bit of frosting on her lip. "hmmm?"
"I was wondering what you thought about the cake." He calmed slightly, preparing for her response.
"Oh!" She smiled. "It was good!"
"Ah. Because..." His nerves loosened again. "You see, when I said earlier that the reason we were letting you relax is because Melissa said you were felling down... That was only half of the reason."
Emmy was surprised. "...but I said I wasn't feeling down at all... What was this other reason, Jack?" She brushed away the frosting on her lip.
Jack paused for a moment, fighting a raging battle with his own nerves. "Well... You see... I..." He paused, and took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing..." He muttered, dropping onto one knee. He got the box out of his coat pocket. "Emmy. I want to ask you... to marry me." The instant he said it his mind cursed for sounding so cheesy.
Emmy's eyes widened. She stood up, and laughed. "Of course, Jack!"
"You... You will?" Jack replied, his voice surprised, happy and confused all at once.
She blushed. "Yes... You see," She brought out a ring from her pocket. "I've been trying to find the right time to propose..."
"R-Really?" Jack replied, somewhat dumbstruck. He couldn't help but beam, lost for words.
"Mmhm." She helped Jack stand.
Melissa meanwhile, sat watching, pleased.
"I... Er... Wow." His excitement had left his vocabulary rather diminished - about on the same level as a school child. He took a breath before trying to speak again, trying to calm himself down. "I... I guess the question now is, when?"
She smiled. "Well, I suppose we could get married in Seros. Or we could do it very soon, and get married here!" She looked at the box Jack held. "What kind of ring is it?"
"Here, take a look." He said, opening it before her, revealing the crystal-inset ring.
Emmy looked at it. "It's nice! I like it."
'Thank you store owner.' His mind went, as he smiled at Emmy. He reached for her hand, while taking the ring out of the box, and slipped it onto her finger.
Emmy looked at it, admiring it. She slipped her silver ring on Jack's finger.
"Wow..." Jack said, examining the ring as it lay on his finger. "Beautiful..." He snapped out of his mini-trance, and looked a her. "If you ask me, I think we should get this done as soon as possible." He said, his voice over-joyed. "Right here in Aegis."
Emmy nodded. "Alright." She hugged Jack.
He returned the embrace, still grinning with joy.

Melissa looked away, troubled. "Enjoy it while it lasts..." she whispered.

Jack retained the hug, unable to hear Melissa. He rubbed Emmy's back a little. "I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am right now..."
Emmy smiled. "I think I know how you feel.”

Melissa buried her face in her hands. She knew so much...

Summery

Jack gets into Spire, buying a ring and the diamonds David wanted. He then goes to Emmy's home, and meets with Melissa. The two plan something special for Emmy, and proceed to cook. Melissa gets her new dress (black with different coloured butterflies), and decorates the cake. David bursts in, and almost ruins the surprise of proposal, and asks Emmy about aquiring an army and mercenaries. After a serious debate between the two, David leaves to do so. Jack proposes to Emmy, who accepts, revealing that she was planning on doing the same thing.

The Wedding

Emmy woke up. She pushed away the deep red blanked, and stretched. "I sure missed that bed..."

Jack rolled over, taking Emmy's pillow, deep asleep.

She stood by the window. It was raining heavily outside. She looked down at her ring, smiling. "I don't think my life will ever be the same!" She walked over to the wardrobe, and changed out of her night clothes.

Jack rolled about a bit more, still asleep. "Not... free anymore" He muttered, before rolling again, taking some of the cover with him.
Emmy changed into a simple red dress. "Jeez, Jack! stop taking all the sheets!"
"Sheets... What sheets..." Jack muttered in his state of sleep.
Emmy sighed. "In spring, one sleeps a sleep that knows no down. Jack, you've proved it correct!"
"Glad to have been a..." He snored, and rolled again. "I'm not asleep... I'm wide awake..."
Emmy chuckled. "completely asleep." she said softly. She walked over to her desk, and pulled out a large cleaver. Taking some red paint, she dabbed it on the blade. She slowly walked over to Jack's side of the bed.
Jack snored a little more, and rolled yet again. "Nothing could go wro..."
She poked him with the blade.
"Huhwah..." He stirred, his eyes briefly opening. Comforted by the familiar sight of Emmy, he drifted back to sleep.
Emmy thought for a moment. Her eyes glowed red. "I think I'm going to kill you, Jack!" She raised the blade over her head.
"Kill?" He stirred again. His eyes opened again, and looked at Emmy, noticing the "blood-stained" blade poised behind her. "EMMY?!" He shouted in fear. In panic, he jerked to the right, rolling straight off of the side of the bed and landing on the floor with a crash.

Emmy dropped the blade, and bent over laughing. "Aaaah, Jack. That's what you get for sleeping so late!"
"That... wasn't..." He struggled. "Help..." He sighed, realising that his sudden movements had resulted in wrapping himself in the covers, unable to get free.
Emmy kicked the blade aside, and helped unwrap Jack. "Are you ok?"
"Er... Just about." He said, standing up after finally getting free. He rubbed the back of his head, before looking about. "Er... Just wondering... Who are you?"
Emmy was confused, and then noticed she hadn't changed her eyes back. "Oh, I'm just Emmy." She changed her eyes back.
"Er... Okay." He replied, somewhat bewildered. "And... Er... Who am I?"
Emmy laughed. "You're Jack!" she looked into his eyes. "And if you weren't, I would kill you."
"Right..." He replied, slightly scared of the woman before him. "Where are we... And... Why can't I remember anything?"
She smiled. "Because you're pretending not to!"
"Pretending? What do you..." He smiled. "One of these days I'll get you."
She grinned. "Well, if you weren't, I would have killed you." she said darkly.
"And not even give me a chance to recover?" He asked, again bewildered. He crouched down, picking up his shirt.
"Nope!" she said sweetly. She changed the topic. "Do you like the dress?"
'She's joking... Right?' His mind questioned. He ran his eyes over her quickly, looking at the dress. "Yeah. You look beautiful."
She blushed. "Awwww. Thanks."
He finished buttoning up his shirt, before putting on some trousers, catching a glimpse of the cleaver. "Emmy... Why is there blood on that thing?"
"Yes. The blood of flowers!" She cackled.
Jack sighed in relief. "You see, for a second there I thought..."

He shrugged, and changed the topic, looking at the window. "Seems wet."
"Yes, very. It's the perfect day for our marriage."
"Today?" Jack left his trousers for a second, looking at her. "I know I suggested soon, but today? Don't we have to get everything sorted?"
Emmy shook her head. "A marriage is only for those who wish to be joined." She tilted her head. "What did you think a marriage is?"
"Yeah, it's for the joining of two people, but back on Seros..." He paused for a second, recalling his thoughts. "...Back on Seros it was a huge celebration. Huge. " He paused again, and shrugged. "Then again, this isn't Seros. I'm guessing things are done differently here?"
Emmy nodded. "Around here... The couple goes to ask the Maker if he approves of the union. If the Maker does... The couple are blessed."
He smiled. "Sounds a lot different. But at the same time, it sounds better." He thought for a moment. "So... Where do we go to seek the Maker?"
Emmy shrugged. "I have no idea. I suppose that's the test, right?"
"Cryptic..." He muttered, crossing his arms. "So we go off, search for a sign, and when one is found, that's it? We're married?"
Emmy sat on the bed. "I suppose, that if we do find that sign, we've already been married, by the time you proposed."
"So we could already be married..." He said, looking at his ring. He looked at her again. "No time to be sitting down then; we've got a sign to find."
Emmy laughed. "Alright, then! I have a place in mind."
"Right then. Shall we be going?" He said, reaching his hand out for her. "I guess we'll have to go wake up Melissa."
She shook her head. "We should leave her alone." She walked over to the wall, and took down her sword. "Alright, I'm ready."
"Okay then." Jack said, somewhat confused at Emmy's choice to leave a nine-year-old on her own. "What place do you have in mind then?"

Emmy thought for a bit. "There's this shrine in the forest. It was pretty special to me, when I was a kid."
"Hmm..." Jack thought for a moment. He held out his hand for her. "Lead the way," He smiled.
Emmy took it gingerly, and led the way out of the house. She turned around, and locked the door. She produced her umbrella. "I love the rain..."
Jack somewhat laughed at the Umbrella. "I love it too... It represents my magic" He remained remarkably dry, even while not underneath the umbrella.
Umbrella resting on her shoulder, she wrapped her arm around Jack's waist. Around them, cherry petals lined the floor. "Spring is wonderful around here..."
"Hmm..." He said, placing his arm around her waist as well. "It does look like a lovely place to live..."
She sighed. "It was much better when everything was peaceful..."
"Nothing to have to worry about... Just relaxing." He could envision in his mind a young Emmy running down the path before them.
"Do you see all these cherry trees? I planted them myself." She smiled.
He looked across at all the trees, young yet full of life, unaware of the battles and pain that surrounded them. "Wow..." He smiled. "You amaze me. Again."
She smiled. "Where did you live in Seros? You never told me."
"I lived in the main city, which was just titled Seros, like the island. Or, at least I think it is... No one ever said..." He paused for a moment. "I had a small workshop, which I inherited from my father. It wasn't much, but it served me quite well. I wonder how it is right now... If all my half-baked inventions are still lying on the desk."
Emmy shrugged. "Things change. Who knows?"
"It was nowhere near as nice as your home. Most of the time it was a complete mess." He paused again, trying to think more about it. "It was a little bit off from the main street, and pretty near to the pub, as bad as that sounds." He smiled
Emmy shook her head. "Sounds charming, actually."
"Hmm... That pub. That's where everything started..."
Emmy was interested. "Keep going...."
"One day, about a month ago, David came over, and asked what I was doing. Of course, I didn't even know him then, let alone him being my godfather..." He chuckled a little. "And he asked me about the dots. The Blood Brotherhood symbol... He then left, and I left soon after, only to be accused of murder by a group of rather drunk townspeople."
Emmy laughed. "I wonder who it was that was murdered."
"No idea... But whoever he was he was attacked by a large man with a zweihander... Hmm... Sounds vaguely familiar..."
Emmy looked ahead. "Oh, I can see it!"

Up ahead, was a small wooden building- a shrine. "The shrine..."
"Wow..." Jack said, examining the shrine before them. "You said it was important to you?"
She nodded. "I used to play here as a kid. My mother built it." She walked up the steps.
"Hmm..." Jack walked with her, amazed at the building. "I guess it must feel good to be back here after so long then."
She smiled. "It sure is... She caressed one of the columns. She pointed to the stone altar. "See that black stone? It's from a meteor... It took a while to get it shaped like so."
"A meteor... Wow." He walked up to it, and looked at it closely. "Who shaped it?"
She closed her eyes, smiling. "My mother did. She was Nature, and Life."
"She did an amazing job on this shrine..." He said, standing back up again. "I guess she must've been an incredible person. I would've liked to meet her."
She stood by the Altar stone. "Come here, Jack."
He walked over to her side, looking about at the wooden columns. The rain continued to be loud as drop after drop hit the roof of the shrine.
She hugged him tightly. "I love you, Jack."
"I love you too, Emmy." He smiled, hugging her back.

Around them, the rain stopped falling, and hung in the air.
"What's..." Jack looked about, and smiled. "Could this be..."
The droplets of water shifted, and began to fall up.
"You don't see that everyday..." He joked, looking on as the rain continued to defy gravity. Emmy remained silent.
Jack silenced, still in his embrace with Emmy. He looked up, as high into the sky as he could see before his eyes met the roof of the shrine. 'If this is the sign...' His mind thought. '...thank you. Thank you so much'
"What will happen next, Jack?" She asked.
"Hmm..." He thought for a moment. "I say we celebrate, personally. This is quite a big thing." He let go of Emmy, and moved back slightly, clasping both of her hands with his and raising them up. "For now, that means we're husband and wife. Together."
Her face was clouded with worry. She brushed those thoughts away. "...Jack..."
He leant forwards to kiss her, and went to hug her again. "Together, until death do us part..." He closed his eyes. "But that'll be a long time off, won't it Emmy."
Emmy laughed hollowly. "Right..."
"Come on..." He said, moving back again. "We need to go and find Melissa. Undoubtedly she'll be up by now..."
Emmy smiled, and picked up her umbrella. "Yeah, we wouldn't want her to worry."
"Come on then, my wife." He smiled, and offered his hand. He was overrun with joy.

Summery

Jack oversleeps, causing Emmy to play a trick on him involving a cleaver and some paint. After pretending to have amnesia, the two set off to a shrine built by Emmy's mother. The rain around them stops falling, and begins to fall upwards (if that makes any sense...); the sign of the Maker's approval of their marriage. They leave; Jack overjoyed, Emmy worried.

More to come soon.

Postby Communist » 2009.08.29 (09:22)

A wild Saphia appears!

There was a soft knocking on Jack's door. "Jack? Jack?" called David from without.
"Huh... Wha?" Jack stirred, lifting his head up and yawning. He scratched his head.
David opened the door and looked in. "I'm going into town to hire mercenaries. I need someone gullible to lure them in. Want to come?" he asked.

He sleepily turned his head, looking at Emmy, sound asleep next to him. He turned back. "Do I have a choice?"
David smiled. "Of course not!" he said, cheerfully. "I can get better prices with you around."
He yawned again. "Alright... Give me a second." He shifted his legs out of the bed, leadning over for a shirt.
David nodded, and went outside to wait for him.

"I'm just going to be out for a short while," He whispered into Emmy's ear, careful not to wake her. He reattached his scabbard to his belt, and walked through the door. "So tell me... How do I make this cheaper?"

David started walking out as he explained. "You begin the negotiations for me. You look fresh-faced and gullible. They'll start with high prices. You pretend to consider them, then I come on."
He smiled. "At this point, they lower their prices considerably. Normally lower than the average."
"I... See." He nodded, completely unaware of the science of Mercenary haggling. "So where do we find mercinaries, anyway?"
"Any pub or tavern." replied David. "Let's go."

A short while later, Jack and David stood outside the 'Dancing Pony' Tavern.
David gestured Jack inside. "So, here's the plan. You go in, look for someone in armour, or with weapons in view. They'll be a mercenary. Go tell them you want to hire them. Haggle for while, don't accept. When you get close to a bargain, whistle, ok? Then I'll come in."
"Er... Okay." He said, somewhat unsure of what to expect. He sighed, and walked in.

The pub was filled with people of many nationalites, drinking, singing, and in one corner, brawling.
It was loud and noisy. But over in one corner, all by themselves, sat a cloaked figure, hooded, and with an ale untouched in front of them. A long spear leant against their table.

"Doesn't this seem familiar..." Jack muttered to himself, recalling his first encounter with David. He looked about, noticing the spear that lay by the cloaked figure, and cautiously moved forwards. Stopping for a second, he decided to buy a drink first, an attempt to blend in.
He moved over, drink in hand, unsure of how to greet the figure. "Excuse me..."
Two dark brown eyes looked up at him- still hidden in the hood. "What do you want?." asked the voice- it was that of a woman.
'The one thing David didn't tell me; how to talk to these people and exit alive...' He thought. "I'm looking for fighters, to help in a battle. I've heard some good things about those here."
His mind raced. 'Crap. That was bad, wasn't it'

The woman reached back and removed her hood, revealing long flowing green hair. She smiled at him. "You want to hire mercenaries? Why didn't you say so? Sit down."

'Phew' His thought relieved. He sat down opposite the woman, placing the drink on the table. "Yes. We're going to need some help."
The woman smiled warmly at him. "Of course. How many people do you need?"

'David didn't specify a number...' He thought for a moment. "As many as possible."
The woman's eyebrows raised. "David... I used to know someone by that name...." she said softly.
She focused. "I can get you mercenaries... but you provide food, equipment, transportation, and the pay. Each mercenary clan will ask for a different amount. I can help you get the cheap. My starting price is five million dollars.

"Five million..." He repeated, faking his consideration for the amount. "Three."
She laughed. "Five."
"Four." He replied, seriously.
She shrugged. "Five. Tell my why I should ask for less."
"Hmm..." He thought for a moment. "The reason we need mercenaries is to help in a liberation. Seros, an island in the sea, quite far south, is currently under an imposed tyranny under a ruthless dictator..."
He paused, sipping the drink. "I guess you could say it's for a good cause."

The woman's eyes widdened. "Seros? I used to live there! Who are you, anyway?" she demanded.
"Me?" He stopped for a second, thinking of how unlikely it was that two Serosians would meet in a pub in a distant continent. "My name is Jack Egwelln. I am the son of Macron Egwelln, the famous inventor."
"Who are you?"

The woman gasped. "Jack? Jack? Is that really you?" she said, peering at him carefully.
"Yeah..." He replied, somewhat confused. "I'm... I'm sorry if this sounds bad, but... I can't quite remember who you are..."
She looked very carefully at her. "My name is Saphia. Saphia Windstrike... I'm your godmother."
"My godmother?" Jack repeated, even more confused. "Why didn't David tell me about you then..." He muttered.

Saphia was utterly confused as well. "David? That's the second time you mentioned him. Where is he, then? He must be around somewhere."
"Hang on." He winked at her, before raising his voice slightly. "5 million..." He whistled. "... I guess that sounds good."

David burst into the room "FIVE MILLION! YOU MUST BE MA-" he paused, and looked at the woman opposite Jack. "Saphia? Is that you?" asked David, puzzled.
Saphia wordlessly rose to her feet, and embraced David. She leant forward, and kissed him on the lips.

"Err..." Jack looked, speechless. "Thats... Not good..."

David stepped back, flushing. He looked at Jack. "Ahh..... yes.... Jack, this is Saphia Windstrike. Ex-Seros Army, now mercenary captain. Your godmother... and my old lover..."

"Nice to meet you." He replied, looking at her with a hollow smile. 'This... isn't going to go well...' He thought.

Saphia bowed her head. "Jack! It's been years!... Not since your parents split up, in fact. Wow, you've grown so much!" she gushed.
She paused, and looked at David, then Jack. "Wait. That invasion of Seros, was that serious?" David nodded. "It was. We're taking it back."

Saphia looked at Jack. "You know your sister and mother are there, right?" she asked.
"Yeah, unfortunately..." Jack said, closing his eyes. "I'm not sure how that's going to end up. But from the sounds of things... Not well, I'd think..."
"And you want my help?" queried Saphia. She nodded, to herself. "I'd invade Seros for free, if I thought we'd win. But..." she turned, and looked at David. "I'll still need all the money you have. To hire the other clans out as well."

David, throat clogged, nodded.

"Hmm..." Jack nodded, before smiling. "I'm glad I'm not the one paying then."

David groaned, and managed to refind his voice. "We need as many people, as many boats as you can get your hands on. Payment shouldn't be an issue... and tell them that they can loot the palace."
Saphia cocked her head. "Hmm. You are serious about this, aren't you?" she stated.

David hesitated, and looked at Jack. "Yes." he said.
"Hmm..." He nodded. "They can have all the Meriwheat they want." His voice went hollow. Despite the joke, he wasn't sure on allowing mercenaries to loot the island.

Saphia stood up. "I'd like to stay and talk, but it sounds like you need this army quite soon. I'll get to work." she said. "We'll talk later. It's a long boat-trip back to Seros."
She embraced David and Jack in turn, picked up her fire-red spear, and hurried out the door.

"That's... Not good." He said, turning to David. "What's Jess going to think?"
David ran his hand through his hair, and looked at Jack. "I think I'm screwed." he said frankly.

Jack laughed, before having a bit more of his drink. "You could pull it off... But you'd have to speak with Saphia about it."

Frowing, David said "That's the problem... I never broke up with her. She just disappeared one day... so I don't know what she thinks of me still. But she looks... enthusiastic."

Jack paused for a moment, finishing off the drink. "I agree. You're screwed. Either way, one of them is going to kill you."

David smiled bitterly. "Why don't you run along back to Emmy, Jack? I think I need a drink... or a few..."
"Good point. She'll be wondering where I've got to by now..." he replied, looking at the ring on his finger. He looked back at David. "Yeah... Good luck with that."

David waved goodbye at Jack- and started on the long path to unconsciousness.

A wild Summary appears!
So yeah, David's ex-lover turns up. mercenary captain. Jack and David are there. AWKWARDNESS ensues.
Sprites!

Triforce
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ChocolateKayix

Postby kayix » 2009.08.29 (17:34)

((OH EM GEE a roleplay.))

Name: Kayla Paralex
Description: Rather long gold hair that seems to have streaks, only eleven and a bit taller then average. Right eye is bright blue, left eye is neon green. Her silk shirt seems rather big for her but her jeans are only a bit too long. The shirt is incredibly still in one piece, but is tattered on the end of the sleeves and at the bottom. The jeans are splattered with mud and grass stains up to the knees and some on her butt, but it seems a bit more like an artistic pattern than stains.
Backstory: Kayla is a werewolf from birth, but she has no knowledge of this. In fact, she barely knows of her past until she was five, when a pack of wolves found her and accepted her as their own. She treats the wolves like family and vice versa, but sometimes she wonders of her past. She is exellent at climbing and lives in a forest near Seros's city, usually in a secluded cave with the wolves or among the trees.

((This good? Maybe she can discover her powers later on, but for now she seems normal. Kinda like Communist will get vampire powers later.))
\m/

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.08.29 (19:43)

((Hello kayix.

First off, allow me to introduce you to the Arstar Wiki. This is where all the main info and stuff is put down, and I recommend you check it out. As for your character, I personally think it's quite good, but it's up to Communist or ChaoStar to decide on whether it's okay or not. I can't see any problems, personally.

Oh, and no matter what Communist tells you, David is not the best character. Melissa is. :p

And... Before I forget (because it's rather important), how often can you get on irc, and from what times (preferably GMT) can you be online?))

Postby Communist » 2009.08.30 (08:15)

((Howdee Kayix! I've no problem with your character, so that's all cool. Er... IRC! Pop on some time and have a chat to us. And welcome aboad.))
Proposal Of David

(( This part of the conversation was lost. But It was the funniest bit ever. We all 'lol'd. To summarise- David woke up wearing a leotard, and goes to see Jess. But man, the original stuff! BEST EVER. And you'll never see it again.))

A groan came from the bedroom.

David burst into the room, sword drawn, leotard still hideous. "What's wrong!?" he asked.
"You knocked me out, that's what's fucking wrong!" cried Jessika.
"Oh yeah. About that..." began David. "I wanted to keep our child safe..."
"Well you're not doing a great job at it!" she yelled at him. She sat up, sighing and stroking her hair. "Sorry" she said.

David nervously ran a hand through his white hair. "Don't be... it was my fault. Really. I should have asked you..."

Jessika sat in silence for a moment, then got herself up. Her belly was starting to take a more rotund shape already; it was clearly obvious she was pregnant.

"What do you recommend we do now?" she asked. "Are we really going to raise a kid out on the high seas like this?"

David smiled, and tossed her a small box. "I hope you find your answer in there." he said, cryptically.

Jessika opened the box, and gasped at what she saw. Inside was a large studded ring, with a huge white crystal gleaming in the middle.
"It's beautiful..." she shispered.

David smiled. "Just like you." he said.
He took her hands gently. "I hope you realise what I'm doing by giving you this ring?"

Jessika smiled, and a single tear rolled down her cheek.
"Yes" she said, saying it in answer to what he said, and so much more.

David moved inwards, and embrassed her, kissing her face. "I love you Jess... no matter what. I want to spend eternity with you."
"Yes, yes yes" said Jessika, embracing him tightly.
Smiling, David stroked her cheek. "Alright then. When shall we get married?"
"As soon as possible!" Jessika replied. "I can't wait another minute!" At that, she pulled him close to her and kissed him passionatly.
Laughing, David said "Alright. Let's go, shall we?"
He led her out, his leotard flashing in the sunlight. David kissed Jess, and looked deeply at her. "Let's go get married!"

Summary David sorta proposes to Jess. But with more style than Jack.
The marriage

David grinned at Jessika. "Where shall we get married, my dear?" he asked her.
Jessika smiled at David, and looked out over the prow of the ship, thinking.

"Somewhere by a lake. Somewhere secluded." she said.
David grinned at her. "Alright then."
He led Jessika off the boat, and began to briskly walk though the town

Suddenly,he stopped walking, as to his left was a church of some sort. "Huh. Convenient." remarked David.He entered.

"You, priest, person." he said, grabbing one at random. "Come with us. We need to get married."
The priest stuttered, and began to speak. David slung him over his shoulder, and walked out. "Right. I think we should run now. Lead on, Jess." he said.

Jessika jogged through the streets, heading up a slight incline.
She reached the top and saw a small basin at the bottom of the hill.
"Perfect" she said.

They got to the basin and started slowly walking through the small tree plantation around the water front.
The trees were a golden brown colour, and the leaves were fluttering down carelessly from above.
As they walked, they found a small clearing that linked up with the water front.

David grinned. "This looks perfect." he remarked.

He set the struggling priest down. "Sorry father. We're in a hurry." he apologized. "can you marry us?" he asked.
The priest looked at him, annoyed. "I'm not ready!" he said, huffing.
David casually withdrew his coin-purse from his jacket, and threw it to the priest. "Be ready." he said.
The priest smiled. "Ready? I'm always ready."

He stuffed the coin-purse into his frock, and straightened. "Right. Want a quick marriage? Can I cut through the boring stuff?" asked the man.
David laughed. "Sure" said Jessika. "Just make it special"

The priest smiled. "Alright then." He looked down, and muttered a few words to himself. He looked up again, and his eyes shone with a white light.
"Jessika Steel and David LeBlanc..." said the voice, deep and booming, yet comforting. "Do you love each other?"

David nodded. "Of course!"
"More than anyone in the world" Jessika said deeply.

The white-eyed man nodded. "Alright then. Take each others hands."
David took tight hold of Jess's hand.
Jessika looked at her hands, then looked up into David's deep, gorgeous eyes.

The priest looked at them. "Let the eleven guide you... let you two become one, and let the one be kind and fair. The eleven shall watch over you, and care for you. In return, you are charged with the care of this world."
He reached forward, and grabbed their enjoined arms.

The priest reached forward and touched them each softly on the left breast. "Let you be as one." he repeated.
He smiled at them both. "You may kiss." he said. "And be happy."
With that he turned and walked away.

Jessika was already with David, kissing him as one, finally bonded together.
David looked around to see the priest had gone, and began to pull her clothes off.

He began with her shirt... and gasped. There upon her breast, where the priest had touched her, a silvery mark.
David pulled his own shirt back, and saw a similar silver mark on his chest. He smiled at Jessika. "Truly, we have been blessed." he said.

Jessika smiled, and pushed David into a small pile of leaves. As they kissed, a silver halo appeared around the leaf pile, and snow danced around the sun-scorched grass.

Summary: as per title.
Saphia meets Emmy

It was raining heavily. Saphia sighed. She didn't like the rain. She looked again at the piece of paper in her hand- noting the address, checking it to the one in front of her.
It was the same. She went forward, and knocked three times on the door, and waited.

Emmy opened the door. "Hello! Who are you?"
"Isn't it a bit odd to have someone at the-" Jack paused, walking over. "Ah, Syphia. What are you doing here?"

Saphia gave a little bow. "Royalty, hey? I think you should know straight up I don't care for titles."
Emmy grinned. "That's the way I like it."
"I've been instructed to find you by David... oh, is Jack around? David mentioned he might be." said Saphia.

"I'm right here, thank you." Jack replied, slightly annoyed that he hadn't been noticed while standing practically right in front of her. He sighed. "Any reason why David asked for us?"
"I was told to see you after I'd got some mercenaries. David said he was occupied. Look, can I come in? It's raining outside, if you didn't notice."

Emmy scanned Saphia, and nodded. "Yes, come in. Just remember if you try to do something violent, you will be killed."
Saphia scanned Emmy back over. "I think you'll find me harder to kill then most." she said softly. Still, she leant her red spear against the wall, unbuckled her red cloak, and hung it up.

Saphia smiled at Emmy. "I hope you don't mind the armour." she said, gesturing at her impressive black apparel, "But I've had too many people try to kill me while I wasn't in a war."
Emmy nodded. "That's fine. I understand that." She motioned for her to sit down. "However, if I do decide to kill you, that armor won't help you at all..." she thought.

"Is it normal to be talking about killing each other while entering someone's house here..." Jack muttered, looking at the two women with an uneasy feeling that something might go wrong. He stepped forwards. "Calm down." He turned to Emmy. "Before you start, this is my godmother."
Emmy was surprised. "That's an interesting fact."

Saphia shrugged, and sat down. "I understand you're going to help with the liberation of Seros." she stated.
Emmy leaned back. "That is correct."

Saphia gazed at Emmy. "How many campaigns have you run, Emmy?" she asked her, voice level.
She frowned. "Only a few. When I was ruling, it was pretty peaceful."
"If I may be frank them, your majesty, I suggest you leave the planning to me. And David. Oh, and if your top general would join us, that would be good too. How many men are you giving to us?" she raised an eyebrow, to see how Emmy would react.
She smiled. "My top general won't be joining you. When I leave, she'll be taking my place. Second, I'll be giving you one troop of elite warriors. ...and the planning? You'll be surprised how good we are at that."

Saphia gave Emmy a tight-lipped smile. "Yes, I can see that. It only took you four years to finish a civil war. You must have excellent planning."
Emmy grinned. "I wasn't around at the time. However, it only took an hour for me to kill off the enemy leader."
"So what, that must be four years and one hour? A good effort." said Saphia sarcastically.

Emmy was getting angry. She calmed herself, but said nothing, just in case.
Saphia looked at Emmy, to see if her barb hit home. "David will be supreme commander for this venture. How he divides power is up to him, but currently I'm his second in command."
"If you want to win this war, your majesty, I suggest you listen to people who've been fighting and running wars for longer than you have." said Saphia, her tone level.

Emmy kept her tone level. "If you were so experienced, I think you should know that you shouldn't try to provoke people who will gladly kill you- especially when you are unarmed." From the top of the stairs, Melissa watched, interested.
Saphia shrugged. "I'm attempting to tell you the truth. I'm better qualified to run this than you. What don't you understand about it? I make no threats."

"See, you know nothing about me, so I believe you aren't qualified to make those assumptions."

Jack moved his head back and forth between the two, his feeling of unease building rapidly as the arguement went on. He stepped forwards. "That's enough." His voice stern. He looked at Saphia. "We'll all plan this." He looked back at Emmy, and then to Saphia again. "I'm sure David would be happy to do it that way."

Emmy held up a slightly curved dagger in front of Saphia. "Is this yours?" she grinned. Saphia nodded, unimpressed. "Sure. It's mine."
Emmy frowned. "I wonder, do you even care about Seros? Or are you in it for the money?"
"It was my home country.... and I'm in it for David..." she said, trailing off.

Emmy was surprised. "You do know that David is with another woman, right?"
Saphia looked at Emmy. "No, that can't be right.... Really?" she asked.
Emmy nodded, gravely.

Saphia looked into Emmy's eyes, to see if she was lying. A long silence. "Jack?" she asked quietly, "Is this true?"
Jack sighed. "Yes. He's proposing to her soon."

Saphia stood up, and made to leave. "I... I've got to go now..." she said, voice breaking. She turned, and with dignity picked up her belongings. She looked down, her eyes tearing up.
"I... Jack... goodbye." she straightened, and looked down at Emmy. "Your, your majesty, are a complete bitch. Good day."
She turned and fled out of the house, weeping as she did so.

Jack turned to Emmy. "You were a bit harsh there, don't you think?" His voice showing his annoyance. "Even if she was asking for it there..."
"They say the dead have no mouths..." She looked away.
"What's that meant to mean?" He asked, looking at her.

Emmy remained silent.

"Emmy... Don't." He said, raising his arm. He thought about placing it on her shoulder, but decided not to.
Emmy looked up. "What's wrong with me?!" she hissed.
"Emmy... I..." Jack looked downwards. His inability to console with her at times like this tore him up inside; he loved Emmy, but felt any attempts always seemed to fail. He shook his head. It was better to try and fail than to just stand and do nothing.
"Emmy. There's nothing wrong with you."

Emmy laughed. Her eyes flared red. "There's a lot wrong with me, Jack. You don't have to console me."
He was unsure of how to react. "Theres nothing wrong... to me."
She sat down, and closed her eyes. "I wonder why that woman is like that?"
"I don't know... She seemed quite friendly earlier." He sighed, crossing his arms and closing his eyes. "Perhaps she just hates authority, or is trying to prove something, I don't know."

Emmy held her head. She focused on breathing, to calm herself down.
"She's gone now though." He said, sitting beside her. He put his arm around her, to try and show that he was with her. "It's okay, we can forget about her for now."
She opened her eyes- which were red. "I'm never gone."

"I know." He said, risking keeping his arm around her.
The light faded from her eyes. "enjoy it while you can..." she whispered.

"Why does everyone refuse to give me a straight answer..." Jack replied, holding Emmy slightly tighter.
Emmy's eyes went blue. "We all give you answers, Jack. You just won't understand until later."
"Then it isn't an answer, it's a cryptic clue..." He sighed, rubbing her far arm with the arm around her.

She looked up at Jack, the blue light still in her eyes. "We all love you, Jack."
"We..." He repeated, pausing for a moment. ' /Her/ as well?' He thought, somewhat confused. He kissed her, and moved back. "I love all of you too."
He moved to kiss her again, this one more passionate than the last, before moving back again. "I don't know what's been the problem recently... Ever since we got married you've been feeling down." A thought struck his mind, instantly making him scared and at the same time a little sick. "It isn't me... is it?"

Emmy smiled. "No, it's not you. If I told you, it would just make it worse for you..."
Jack sat silently, looking straight ahead. Whatever it was, it was really affecting Emmy. But was it to protect him? Or was something going to happen? He paused for a moment, before deciding.
"Okay then." He smiled, turning to face her. "I trust you. Whatever it is, it's fine."

She hugged him, and closed her eyes.

Jack rubbed her back a little, unsure what to make of the situation. After thinking, he decided to forget about it - if Emmy didn't want him to know, he didn't need to know.

Summary So yeah, Saphia and Emmy meet. Jack's there. S and E have a wee bitch fight. Saphia stalks off heart-broken after finding out David's getting married. Jack and Emmy talk.
Sprites!

Damn You're Fine

Postby DoctorAperture » 2009.08.31 (23:13)

I had an idea for a series of adventures for the new players.
But first a question! Has the one been summoned yet?
If yes; the adventure is set in a city that the one attacked and destroyed. There are little survivors, and remenants of the one's attack on the city remain in the form of demons, vampires ect...
It would follow them fighting their way through the city, and either saving it or abandoning it.

Will this work?
random stuff

LittleViking wrote:Oh, sure. I just hope this doesn't open the door to new jokes instead, you know? I'd hate for this to shed some light on more name-related puns. Maybe now they can focus their efforts elsewhere.
Awww, so cute!

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2009.09.01 (05:02)

(( I suggest we try and get everyone onto the IRC for the final battle in Seros; we'll want this one to big one of the bigger segments of Arstar. Some time next weekend would be great. If you can, write a few descriptions of yourself in battle or just the battle in its whole before then, so we have some descriptive content to add. ))

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.09.01 (09:36)

tweak wrote:I had an idea for a series of adventures for the new players.
But first a question! Has the one been summoned yet?
If yes; the adventure is set in a city that the one attacked and destroyed. There are little survivors, and remenants of the one's attack on the city remain in the form of demons, vampires ect...
It would follow them fighting their way through the city, and either saving it or abandoning it.

Will this work?
((Hmm...

You can fight through it, yes. But you can't really win; the number of enemies is literally limitless... David's army will not survive more than a month, for example. Jack and Melissa therefore only have limited time to get that dagger and engage in epic combat.

Fight all you want, but I would think it's impossible to win until the First has been killed.))

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.09.01 (10:20)

(( Sorry about randomly quiting mid-RP last night. Mu internet was jacked. =| ))
spoiler

Dance Dance Revolution Android
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ChaoStar
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.09.01 (11:44)

Universezero wrote:(( I suggest we try and get everyone onto the IRC for the final battle in Seros; we'll want this one to big one of the bigger segments of Arstar. Some time next weekend would be great. If you can, write a few descriptions of yourself in battle or just the battle in its whole before then, so we have some descriptive content to add. ))
((Problem is, some people can't make it. Like, Aperture would have to wake up at 1AM.))

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.09.01 (12:09)

BionicCryonic wrote:(( Sorry about randomly quiting mid-RP last night. Mu internet was jacked. =| ))
((I did nothing! :p))

Damn You're Fine

Postby DoctorAperture » 2009.09.02 (23:38)

I personally saw the one walking through, killing nearly everything, then leaving. We would be one of the survivors.
random stuff

Awww, so cute!

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.09.03 (16:38)

tweak wrote:I personally saw the one walking through, killing nearly everything, then leaving. We would be one of the survivors.
((I doubt the First will do much of the killing himself; his army will be doing that... but meh. I like the idea.

Also, for those that don't know, the idea is that after the First has been slain, to skip forwards 8 years into the future. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but the idea is generating good response so... It looks likely))

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.09.03 (17:20)

Drathmoore wrote: ((I doubt the First will do much of the killing himself; his army will be doing that... but meh. I like the idea.

Also, for those that don't know, the idea is that after the First has been slain, to skip forwards 8 years into the future. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but the idea is generating good response so... It looks likely))
(( It's been changed a little. Instead of the skip happening after the First dies, it happens after Emmy dies.

Oops Pow Surprise
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby noops » 2009.09.03 (17:59)

Just a heads up, I'm a semi-new character who hasn't really done anything. I'm on the wiki as Clifford Benjamin Charles Ray, and I'm just posting it here so that it's, like, official, or something. I'm curious as to a good time for me entering the story is. Ideas, suggestions, all that is welcome too. I'm also not sure if it would be best to enter before, or after the skip. I'm thinking before, but again, I am unsure about it.

Damn You're Fine

Postby DoctorAperture » 2009.09.03 (23:40)

we are setting this seven years into the future :p
random stuff

Awww, so cute!

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.09.04 (01:02)

tweak wrote:we are setting this seven years into the future :p
Eight. Not seven.

Also, just in case you peole haven't heard, Aphex is gawn. And Communist and I are taking his place as GM. So come to us with your problems and ideas.

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.09.07 (18:07)

(( GMs: Review this, please: http://ishkur.pastebin.com/f290b80f9 Me, spoon, and Rathd were brainstorming. =D ))
spoiler

Oops Pow Surprise
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby noops » 2009.09.07 (18:09)

I CAME UP WITH MOST OF THOSE IDEAS, BY THE WAY. THEY WERE JUST REFINED IN VARIOUS FORMS BY THE OTHER TWO.

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.09.07 (18:51)

((Er... Still unsure about quite a few of them. Wave seems like Dark magick... (but reminds me of the wave beam from Metroid :p ), and Gravity seems a little iffy to me as well... No idea.))

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.09.07 (23:57)

BionicCryonic wrote:(( GMs: Review this, please: http://ishkur.pastebin.com/f290b80f9 Me, spoon, and Rathd were brainstorming. =D ))
(( I have to say, most of them are pretty unusable in practical situations. =/ ))

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.09.08 (19:02)

ChaoStar wrote:
BionicCryonic wrote:(( GMs: Review this, please: http://ishkur.pastebin.com/f290b80f9 Me, spoon, and Rathd were brainstorming. =D ))
(( I have to say, most of them are pretty unusable in practical situations. =/ ))
((Practical as in battle? Some of them are just for fun. Others can be lethal. And the rest can be a little helpful, like Matter. Make some staris or something. ))
spoiler

Postby Communist » 2009.09.09 (11:58)

((Public announcment))
((as we've been going for a while now, you are all entitled to take an extra spell thing, for your good work! PM it to me... and also, add your other spells to the wiki. I want a list. So, think up a new spell, send it to me, and I'll approve it. If it's approvable. Thanks, Communist.

PS- Drathmoore- are you putting up the "Inner shrine" text? If not, I'll put the next bits up.))
Sprites!