ARSTAR ((an rpg game))

Discuss, create, and theorize about roleplaying games, tabletop games, board games, and other non-electronic interactive entertainments. Run dedicated or complex forum games here, also.

Moderator: ℎalifax

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2009.07.21 (00:38)

ChaoStar wrote:((another Jack/Emmy convo.))
((Hmm. I think that the next scene we write should be soon after that, we I get back in the middle of the night. Come on IRC next time you can, CS.))

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.07.21 (03:11)

spoiler

Dance Dance Revolution Android
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ChaoStar
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.21 (03:34)

BionicCryonic wrote:http://pastebin.com/f6b300c43

Me and CS.
Emmy and Sypha

Sypha was practicing the Freeze spell, and managed to freeze a tree.
A lone girl was walking by right as it happened.
The ice enveloped the tree and some stray bits of ice hit the girl.

"Huh. You shouldn't freeze people's food, you know..." the girl remarked, without any shock at the frozen tree.

Sypha, out of sight but apparently not out of the scope of this girls mentality stuck a crude spear of ice he was playing with into the ground. "Whoever, you are, show yourself."

"I'm right here. You, who is hiding, should show yourself." As she was saying this, she touched the ice covering the tree, and it was slowly disappearing.

Slightly shocked at the little girl, Sypha cast the Zone of Cold Air spell, to slow the girl a bit.

"You are hiding. If you weren't hiding, you'd come out and face me. ...unless if you're scared of a little girl?" She laughed coldly.

"I'm not hiding from you. I'm not a social butterfly you know. I'm a mutant. I don't go well with societies and little girls. Anyways, I'm out here practising spells. If I wanted you to see me, I would come out. If you want to see me, come here."

"Hmm. You're just scared. You should face your fears, and just do what you please. Don't be confined by what's a monster, and what's not a monster. ...I'm more of a monster than you, anyway." She added.

"I'd take the offensive if I were scared. Ask Takkun or David. Do you know them? Why else would I drop my weapon?"
At this, Sypha figured that the girl might do something funny. So he picked up the ice spear. Afterwards, he walked casually towards the girl.

"So you are scared. I'm not going to hurt you, you know. " She remarked.
Waving her hand, she began to walk away.
"You know... you really should introduce yourself. It's only polite."

"Alright, I'm Sypha. Do you have a particular interest in me or are you just trying to bug me?"
He crushed the spear in his hands to show he wasn't hostile, but also a way to show his strength.
Sypha sent a mind signal towards the girl. With a good mind, he decided to block his thoughts to the girl, but he sent a sign of kindness to the girl.

When Sypha's mind touched the girl's, he reeled with the feeling of hatred and darkness that emanated from her.
"...I told you I was more of a monster than you."

Hmm. We actually have more in common then you think, girl.
"Listen, I think you- no, I know you have a lot of hatred in you. We're not much apart." At this Sypha walked towards the girl, no signs of hiding emotion at all, just pure interest.

Emmy's eyes were burning, and strands of darkness were rippling around her, and distorting the air.
She slowly raised her hand towards Sypha...

Sypha grabbed her hand "We may not be the same physically, but we have the same thoughts. I know what you can do, but I trust you" Sypha reached a little farther into her mind then she knew.
He found out her power and age, but only that.

"Pah. I don't really think so."
...waves of dark energy were surrounding her, and around her, everything died...

Sypha, just starting to be touched by this, recoiled quickly.
He quickly froze her outstretched arm, whilst summoning an ice spear.
He smashed it into the side of her hed, but it connected as if it hit a rock.
The spear shattered and the recoil hurt Sypha's hand, but she looked dazed enough to run.
"Hmm. And I trusted you." He concentrated for a second and made a sheet of ice to slow her if she took chase. After this, he ran.

Emmy, Instead of running, or attacking, she said "I'm sorry. I'm not myself."...and fainted.

Summary:
Sypha works on his magic, and meets Emmy. Emmy isn't herself, and we get to see another side of her. Sypha knocks her out with an icicle.
Last edited by ChaoStar on 2009.07.21 (12:55), edited 1 time in total.

Couldn't Run a Tournament for all the Iced-Coffees in China
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby Communist » 2009.07.21 (07:40)

(( Epic conversations. But is it as EPIC AS US KILLING 50 PEOPLE! I thought not. ...But I can't put that up yet. Anyway- we ned to have a convo to wind up things on this island. What times are you all good for?))

Meanwhile, in the vampire's lair...

Vade stood silently at his father's side. On the other side of his father stood the stange Number Six. Together, they all gazed from their position onto the small, yet dangerous Sanguine chest.

"Forty years of pain, suffering and death in that box. All that energy. Amazing, no?" Boomed Varen. Vade ignored the question. "I passed the message on, father." Varen nodded. "Good." "But there was a mishap... David came back, and warned the girl." "Ah, well. Nothing you could have helped. They will still bring that 'Emmy' child with them. We'll bite her, and have her as a thrall. And then she'll do our bidding. She'd be an excellent assassin. And with the chest, we'd be unstoppable. " Varen broke out into a manical laugh.

Number six broke in- "My lord, there is wisdom in your words. But we vampires are oft arrogant- what if it goes wrong?" Six, it seemed, was not the normal vampire. Vade spoke up- "There are several safety measures in place. We have David, for example. We could 'offer him back'. We also have an escape hatch, and as a final measure, my father, and, from what I understand, you yourself will be shortly departing. And the traps have been set. They won't leave alive."

"Good. Now come, let us feed. I believe we have a 19 year old lass... with excellent blood. It should be a feast." The three turned, content. Nothing would stop them now.
Thanks to UniverseZero for the awesome sig!
Sprites!

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.21 (12:57)

((I'm available all of this week.))

((This is... some time before I meet up with Jess.))
Emmy + the dress

Just as every night, Emmy got up and went for a stroll. This time, she was going to Fenrir. She had been working on something else, that she had kept mostly a secret from everyone else (besides Jack, she let something slip there. ) Days, she had worked on it... and it was finished. All that remained was testing. She really loved this part; as this was what she had been waiting for. Stepping into the library, she walked to a small, hidden corner, in which in between the bookshelves was a large wardrobe. Inside, her project:

The wardrobe was empty but for one thing; a small black dress was hanging on a coat hanger. The dress was very plain, and didn't have any frills. With barely contained joy, she grabbed the dress and changed into it. Once changed, she spun around, and walked over to her pack. She took the necklace that she had been wearing, and wore it. Turning it over, she muttered the key-word, and the stone on the amulet changed into black. The amulet, in the fashion of the black orb, was pulsing with white runes; it was full.

Emmy left for the inn... Testing would come later.

((this is right before I meet Jessika.))

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.22 (13:21)

((A continuation of Sypha's and Emmy's convo. It has some pretty vital information on how I fight.))
Emmy and Sypha 2

Sypha was walking through the woods, confident that Emmy was out of attack range, when suddenly a beam of light illuminated the sky, near blinding him. Sypha reeled back in a flash of pain. The light dimmed, and Sypha heard the sound of a flute; eerily haunting; yet peaceful, ...and sad. Sypha was enthralled by the noise, weakened by the calming nature of the of the sound and the greif it projected. The sound seemed to call to Sypha, beckoning. Sypha couldn't help but stay still, and the sounds resonated through his whole body. He felt good for once, yet stricken by a past tagedy. Sypha followed the sound. He was in a trance like state, where it was all he cared about, all he knew. Following it, he ended up near a thin wall of ice. He snapped out of the trance when he realised that he was going back towards that girl. He saw that the source of the music was, in fact the girl. She was standing, eyes closed; playing the flute. Mysteriously, all traces of ice (or blood) were gone. It seemed that nothing had happened.

"So, what's with the flute, girl?" He said wiht obvious and blatent sarcasm and a hint of spite.
The music stopped. "...Why do you hate me? I told you I was a monster...."

"Monsters can still make choices."

"You attcked me."

"You had a choice. And you attacked me."

"...Oh. I'm sorry. As I said, I'm not really myself at times. I hope you can forget that." She looked much younger, and a little sad.

Sypha softened that malice inside of him. but couldn't help but be wary of the girl.
"Hmm. Is that so. So why did you call me back?" Sypha said blatently and emotionlessly.

"because I wanted to say sorry. Isn't that a good enough reason?" Emmy grinned.

"Hmm. Alright. So, anything else you want to tell me?"

"I think you still want to hurt me. Would you like to train magic with me?" Emmy held her hand out, beckoning for him to come.

"First, only if provoked. Second, I'll train alone." Sypha said gruffly.

"Damn. I was hoping to practice with someone... You see, I can't really practice alone. ...ooh! I got it! ...how about I attack you?"

"Uh... Are you trying to discourage me from helping you?"

"nope. I need some battle training."

"Hmm. I can try to help. The only reason I managed to damage you that much was becasue I blindsided you. I'm not really a good fighter."

"Doesn't matter. I shouldn't have been blindsided. Anyway, I want to try some new equipment. Will you join me?"

He shrugged. "Well, now that that has been said I think I have a lower chance of survival, but sure."

"Perfect! I'll lead the way!" Saying this, she grabbed Sypha's hand, and dragged him toward the mountains. Later, near the mountains... Sypha spotted the destination of the girl; A large, ornate ship was at the base of the mountain. It was unlike anything he could imagine... Still dragging him, Emmy walked over to a ladder, and climbed up to a hatch. Half inside the hatch, Emmy waved to Sypha to come in. Sypha reluctantly followed her in. Inside of the ship was rather bright.
"Welcome to my pride and joy, 'Fenrir'." Emmy said.

"Hmm. A spectacle to behold. Now why are we in a ship?"

"Oh. I have a room to train in. and my 'equipment' is here."

Emmy led Sypha down a few hallways, and stopped at a large, ornate door. As the door opened, Sypha saw that the room was very large, and was full of bookshelves, and tables. Then, the door shut, and he heard a click.

"Hmm." He walked around the 'library', looking for an interesting book to read.
He found a book about alchemy, which piqued his interest.
"Hey, you mind if I read a book for a while?"

"of course. My books are available to all. Now excuse me while I change."

She then stepped into a small room. After a few minutes, she stepped out, wearing a dress; darker than the night sky. it was very plain, but it seemed to shimmer and flow, like water. On her neck, she wore a silver necklace, with a black stone embedded. She smiled, and said: "I'm ready, Sypha. did you enjoy your book?"

Looking up from an article on the effects of bark on potions, he said, "Yes, I did enjoy it. So what's with the clothing?"

She grinned. "we'll find out, won't we?"

"Alright. Shall we begin?"

"not here!" Emmy protested. "I'll show you our training room."

Emmy took the book from Sypha's hand, bookmarked it, and set it on the table. She then motioned for him to follow her, and went through the doors... They walked until they came upon two large metal doors.

"this... is Fenrir's training facilities."

"Right, right..."

"So, can we begin training now?"

"of course. and.. you may want this: " She handed Sypha a small white orb. "This'll fill you up." She walked into the room. The room was vastly large, almost the size of the Juggernaut. The ceiling wen to the top of the ship, and curved with the hull. Sypha touched the orb, and a cloud of white smoke enveloped the orb, and was absorbed into his body.

"Refreshing." At this his arm glowed a light blue and a pillar of ice grew in his hand inot a spear of ice.

"Ready when you are."

"Let us begin!" she waved her hand, and the doors slammed shut. Skipping backwards two steps, she hovered a bit, and shot (very) large shards of what seemed to be solid light.

Sidestepping quickly, Sypha threw the spear at Emmy, after which it broke. He quickly summoned a new one in his hand.

Taking the broken spear that Sypha had thrown, she remolded it, and shot it back at Sypha; while channeling a stream of dark energy behind it.

Attempting to catch the spear and assimilate it turned out not to be a good idea. When caught, the spear's dark energy affected Sypha to a high extent, but he could still fight. He used his magic to freeze a wall infront of Emmy, at which he leaped over it and brought the spear down.

Emmy scoffed at the wall of ice, and hurled a ball of light at it. When the light hit the ice, it shattered. Emmy focused, and all the shards froze in mid air. When she opened her eyes, all the shards flew at Sypha, affected by the same dark energy.

Sypha, wounded by the assualt, but still coming down with incredible force, managed to connect with Emmy's shoulder. ((seriously. That's like, Touhou-worthy dodging.))

Emmy cried out in pain, and pulsed a wave of light at Sypha. It onnected, and...

The beam hit dead center, knocking him back into the wall. He fell to the floor, silent, but moaning a bit in agony. In to much pain to move, he managed to say ' you win', and afterwards lay there in the pain of the spell.

Emmy glided over to Sypha, and touched him, saying "dead". She then touched Sypha's forehead, and said "Heal"

"Ugh..." With this, Sypha got up, still feeling dazed from the hit, but managing to stay upright. "Alright, you win..."

At that, he stumbled out of the room into the hallway, and stumbled around for a while before asking Emmy where the exit was.

"errrgh."

Sypha turned to see that blood was running down Emmy's lower face.

"Nosebleed from hitting your arm? That seems, funny..." He again inquired about that exit. "Where is the exit...? I need to rest a bit." He slurred a bit out of the dazedness from the blast.

"Hah. I didn't get a nose bleed from your hit, it's from the magic, you know..."She paused. "...anyway, you can't leave."

"Well, can I get somewhere to rest then? And why can't I leave?

"I haven't made you some stew! You /must/ have some stew before you leave. Why don't you go back to the library, while I make you some stew. You might even learn something. I saw you're interested in alchemy." The nosebleed had cleared up, and she led the way back to the library.
"Anyway, why would you want to go outside? there isn't much out there. Fenrir is a much better place to be."

"Ok. I'd be... honored to try the stew. And yes, I do have an interest in alchemy.

"Great!' Emmy clasped her hands. "To the Library!"

Summary
Emmy is healed from that hit from Sypha. Emmy invites Sypha to train with her. Emmy tries out new Dress. Sypha stays for stew.

((I got bored. I edited the text that UZ, Commy and I did.))
Vade&Emmy- Finale

Jessika shoved past her to go to her cabin. Emmy ran to catch up, and followed with ease. At the cabin, Jessika slumped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, her face drained of any emotion.

"What's wrong Jessika? You shouldn't be running away." Emmy was standing in front of her, showing no sign of fatigue from the run. Jessika looked over at Emmy, a cold paleness swept across her skin. Jessika tried to speak, but instead fell back onto her pillow and started crying. Emmy came over, and sat down on the bed. She touched Jessika, and whispered "You can't run away. Don't do it; you can't die now..."

Jessika curled up into a fetal postition and lay there for a minute, calming herself down.
"They... told me to bring you to them" she said slowly, without turning her head.

"They...? Who's 'They', Jess?" Emmy said, grinning."

"The Vampires" she whispered.

"...the Vampires?"

"David's gone to them... He's changed..." she said, fear in her voice.

"Shouldn't we try to bring back David? ...How can we just... Leave him? Get your weapons, charge your magic, and lets go!" Emmy tossed Jessika an Orb.

Jessika looked weakly up at Emmy.

"How can you let David stay over there?! Even if he's changed, he's still David. We have to do something!"

"But what can we do? They out number us; we don't stand a chance..."

"As you see, I've dressed for the occasion. Also, I have an idea on how to hurt /every/ vampire."

Jessika looked up at Emmy, just realising the simple black dress she was wearing. "Were did you get that from?" she asked.

Emmy fingered her necklace. "I made it; I assumed it might come in handy."

"Handy? Against those Vampires?" she said, burying her head into her hand. "We don't stand a chance!"

"I see... We'll, I'm going without you, then. Good-bye, Jess." Emmy began walking out of the cabin.

Jessika sat bolt up right. "Wait!" she yelled out. She ran outside, and saw Emmy waiting for her.

"Did you change your mind? Because I have a plan."

"What?" asked Jessika, slowly.

"you're going to bring me to them, just as 'David' wants you to. Once we get in, we're going to destroy them. The key here, is to get to the 'Sanguine Chest.' it's a small chest, that might be powering the Vampires."

Jessika nodded once. "Alright. The vampires live at the top of the mountain; in the caves."
She paused. "Let's go."

"Alright. To the belly of the beast..." She laughed. They walked off, and after a safe, (and uneventful) trip, they made it to the top.

"In here." Jessika gestured down into the caves. The duo preceded futher into the caves- but no sign of any habitation.

They reached a split in the tunnels. "Which way..?" asked Jessika.

"To the left, I suppose." Emmy wasn't sure, but they could always retrace their steps. She braced herself for combat.

The pair went left, and soon entered the immense cavern within which the Vampires dwelled. The bloody red light of the Sanguine chest could be seen from where they stood.

"We need to be careful," began Jess. "If"- there was a sickening thud. Jess swayed for a moment, and then collapsed. From behind her, Vade stepped out, grinning. He was wearing black armour, with wicked points all over it. In his hand, the massive zweihander. He'd just knocked out Jess with the hilt. He grinned again, revealing fangs. "Hello, little girl."

"Good morning...?" Emmy pulsed a beam of darkness at him. Vade was blown off his feet backwards. He fell down, laughing.

"Was that all? That wasn't much at all, little girl!"

"Nope." Lashing out, she wrapped a tendril of light around Vade's ankle, and simultaneously began blasting the Sanguine Chest with a dark beam. Blood was trickling down her nose.

Vade screamed and laughed at the same time. "The pain! It's... delicious! Delicious, delightful pain!"he agonised. When the first beam of darkness hit the Chest, however, it began to glow a dark purple.

A scream emitted from the chest- and an enormous whooshing sound. Glowing energy began to gather from both Emmy and Vade, and went straight into the box. The air was now purple- and it appeared to be sucking all the magick power from everyone in the room. Vade grinned. "I thought you'd try something like that. We set up a null shield- it takes all your magick powers away, for being a naughty, puny, little girl." Vade stood up- his wounds had been healed by the chest. "What now?"

Emmy laughed. "Who needs magic? I think you underestimated me!" Around her, an aura of blackness was twisting, and exapnding. Again, she pulsed Vade with a blast of dark energy.

Vade jumped to one side of the blast- as it made holes in the wall behind him.
"It won't work, little girl! Won't work at all!" Vade muttered under his breath, and all the light within the hall went out.

Emmy shouted, "I think it will!" slashing her umbrella to the side, a vortex formed around her. Meanwhile, the roof of the tunnel was shaking.

Vade gestured, and the light returned in a flash. Standing in front of Emmy now were two Vades. "Which one is the real me? Oh, which one?" His sword was held out in front of him. "One guess. You get me, you win! You don't get me, you lose."

Emmy raised her arm, and pointed to the middle of the two Vade's. "the more the merrier!" A chuck of rock came smashing down - on both of them.

Both Vades made a lightning fast leap away from each other. The rock clattered harmlessly down between them. "No cheating; little girl! Take your guess!" Both Vades began to do a little perverse dance.

Emmy turned around, and faced the chest. "I have no time for games." She pulsed at the chest once more, and tried to absorb the purple haze... The purple haze began to zoom inwards into Emmy- it appeared to be working.

"No!" yelled the Vades- they both stepped forward and delivered a stunning blow to the girl- and the Vade on the right began to disappear.

Emmy was knocked backwards. Her head made a sickening crack when it connected with the floor. Blood was seeping onto the ground. Emmy said in a small voice. "You lose, my friend." She pointed at Vade, and a spear of light came out. ...and went through his head. Vade collapsed, shuddering, twitching. But still laughing.

"The Chest keeps me alive! It gives me the power to survive it all! And I'm a vampire! You think THIS would kill me?" Vade struggled for a while.

A glow of white light cut through the room. Emmy rose up, Wounds healed. Her eyes were fire - they burned with a gold light. "The Chest is dead, Vade. The vampires are as good as dead. Learn your place." With that, she motioned with her hand, and the ceiling over the Chest collapsed.

Vade laughed again. "Ha! Yes. I can see. Very nice work there, little girl." He clutched his head. "I'm dying." He flashed a throaty smile. "But then, David dies with me.... Goodbye little girl. The Blood brotherhood are watching. This was just... the... beg..." Vade suddenly slumped.

"...Hmmm." She unslung her pack, and took out the black orb. Closing her eyes, she channeled energy into it. White runes began to form on the Orb. Her job here was done. She slung the pack over her shoulder, and walked over to Vade's/David's body. She whispered "Vade, I don't give a damn about you. this is for David." She placed her hand on his head, and a white aura covered him. She did the same to Jessika, and then proceeded to walk out of the caverns. "errgh..." She had a major headache.

Vade woke up. "Little girl... I'll get you..." he murmered. He shook his head, and as he did so, his hair turned white. David stood up.
"What. What happened?" He saw Jessika. "Not dead. But could have been." he whispered. David stood up, and picked up his weapons. "I... I need to go off by myself for a while. Think things over." If Jessika heard him, she didn't show it.
David turned, and began to leave. He turned, and looked at Jessika. "I love you Jess" he whispered under his breath. He turned again, and ran from the cave. "I've become a monster. I must escape from this madness." Darting through the caves, and out, he fled, into the dark and silent night.

Summary
Emmy gives Jessika a pep-talk. Jessika and Emmy go to vampire caves, as Vade wanted. Jess gets knocked out. ((Momma say knock you out!)) Vade and Emmy battle. Emmy pwns Vade. Emmy eats the S_C, and heals David. Blood Brotherhood (foreshadowing.)
Emmy's Diary 4

I'm glad our buisness here is done. I finished re-fueling 'Fenrir', and the Core capacity is back at 100%.
Every day I'm away from Aegis, I feel that something bad may happen.

I think I should explain why I'm worried.

A few years ago, there was a young woman, who was my age. She was the chief commander of the Aegis military unit, when I wasn't doing that job myself. She was an amazing Mage. A burn Mage, to be exact. (just like in those notes my mother took... could she be one of the 'guardians'? )
Her name was Astral.
Astral was an ambitious girl, always seeking power, and higher positions. Eventually, she wanted to be Queen. ((Matriarchy, FYI.)) One night, she confronted me, and I retaliated. In the end, I won. (barely.) Astral was banished to Telormar, Aegis' Island.

...I fear that she may have come back.

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.07.22 (20:08)

((I will be on vacation July 23rd through August 1st. Go on without me, I'll be in the Juggernaut.))
spoiler

Postby Communist » 2009.07.24 (10:49)

Jessika and David make bold their escape

Jessika ran through the small alleyways, heading stealthily towards the forests in search of David.
'What's he going to be like now, after this whole experience?' Jessika thought to herself.
She continued to run, and met the treeline. She jumped down over a small ledge and moved silently into the thick forest.
As she got deeper, she started called David's name. She got no reply, and kept moving on. "David!" she shouted, constantly running.

Deep within the forest, in a wide, blasted clearing, David sat, clutching his knees. His hood was up, and he was staring at the ground.
He heard Jessika calling, but made no movement. Instead, he closed his eyes, and tried to shut it all out.

"David!" Jessika continued, following a line of taller trees that seemed to move into the mountains.
She came into a clearing, and saw David sitting down on the frost ridden grass, a look of horror and disgust upon his face.
David didn't move. "Go away." he said.

Jessika steadied her breating, and calmed herself down before continuing.
"David..." she said tenderly. "We need to leave Delacrimo"
"Go away, Jessika. I'm staying here." David still hadn't moved an inch.
"David, we can't stay here. We need to move on" she replied.

David looked up, and hissed at Jessika- and it was plain to see he had long fangs.
Then he seemed to realise what he had just done. With great effort, the long teeth were retracted- and David stood up and ran- weeping.
Jessika ran after David, following him deeper into the forest. "David!" she cried desperatly, panting from exasperation.

David, tears in his eyes, kept running.

Eventually, he ran out onto the top of a cliff overlooking the sea- and, seeing Jessika close behind, stood right up at the edge.
"Leave me alone!" He yelled. Jessika stopped at the bottom of the cliff, looking up at David. "David, you need to be rational! We have to leave!" she yelled.

David spoke slowly."I'm staying here. I'm a monster. I'm not leaving with you. Go away. "
"David, you're not a monster!" she replied, tears rolling down her face.
"Yes I am!" He yelled. "My father was a monster, I'm a monster." His voice softened. "Vade's still alive, and inside of me. I'm a danger to all of you."
"I don't care David!" she shouted back. "I've said it before: all I care about is you!"
David was unrelenting. "I'm not going with you. That's final."
"David, the townspeople are after us! We'll be killed if we don't leave!" Jessika yelled.

David paused. "What did you do?" he asked curiously.
"The Elder went evil! It turns out he wanted to corrupt the island! We had to get rid of him!" Jessika replied.
David frowned. "I... I had plans for this place." He sighed. "Hmmph. I'm going back to the Juggernaught then.
I'll go off on my own. Assuming of course, that my ship hasn't been sold for scrapwood yet?"
David turned to leave. "So you're just going to leave me here?!" Jessika shouted, angry at his sudden change of persona.
David nodded. "Why don't you go with Emmy? I'm sure her wonder-boat has been fixed by now. The others are there. Go with them."

Without waiting for a reply, David brushed past her, and began to walk back to the port, where his ship was.
"David!" said Jessika, annoyed at David's lack of style after she'd had to deal with his relentless self hate.
She jogged after him.

David resoulutely strode on, ignoring her. If anything, he was now himself almost running.
Jessika kept running after David; she couldn't see him anymore, but she knew where he was going.
They arrived at edge of the forest, and ran across a dead field in silence.
They reached the edge of town, and Jessika almost ran into the back of David.
Crouched behind a small patch of shrubbery, they looked out and saw a group of villagers passing by. They were all armed.

David looked back at Jessika. Then, still silent, he got up and strode out past the villagers.
Jessika followed David, and after a while they reached the boat, still moored at the dock.

David strode up the plank, and turned. "Jessika." He said. "Leave. Now."
"What? Where?" she asked incredulously.
David's voice was cold. "I don't care. Just not with me." he said.
"What?" exclaimed Jessika. "You cannot be serious! You can't go by yourself!"
David reared back his arm and slapped Jessika across the face. Hard.

"I can go where I want by myself!" he roared. "Leave me alone! I'm a bloody vampire! I don't want you around.
I'm going off to a deserted island to die." He said the last sentence softly.
"No!" shouted Jessika, standing her ground. "You're -not- going without me!"
David pulled his arm back again- then checked it. He put it down. "You can't come with me!" He screamed.
"You'll die! I'll kill you! And I'll feel bad afterwards!"
"David, I know you would do that!" said Jessika. Her voice softened. "I love you, and I know that deep inside you always love me too"

David stood silently for a moment, looking at Jessika. The silence stretched out before them.

Finally, David broke down- weeping, he fell towards Jessika, and hugged her tight. "Jess..." he whispered.
Jessika held David, hugging him back just as tightly. David sobbed some more.

Jessika eventually pushed David back on his feet, and they stared deeply into each other's eyes.
"Hey, there she is!" came a loud voice from behind.
They turned quickly and saw the mob headed their way across the town square.

Jessika left David where he stood, and ran past him into the bowels of the ship.
She got to the boiler room and stared up the engine, working furiously to get the ship going.

David wiped the tears from his eyes. Then he saw the mob. "Not again." he said.
He hid his emotions, and stepped forward. "So," he began, with a very false cheer, "First of all, anyone here got a crossbow? No? Good."
"Secondly, I have the girl. We understand she has committed a crime, and will so be taken to the proper authorities, and tortured to death."
He continued on "Lastly, the other criminal was the little girl. If you see her, do not attempt to capture her.
Let her go- with have people working on it. Oh yes, and could you give this to Takkun? The young fellow with no brains. Yeah, give him this."

David pulled out a small box, wrapped in paper. "He'll know what to do with it. Now if you don't mind... I'm off now."
The mob stared in confusion in front of the boat, not knowing what to do.
But before they could react, the boat had already pulled away from the dock, David at the helm.

David then went back in to find Jess.
He encountered her in the boiler room. "Jess," he began. "I really do... I love you. And I'll try with all my power to keep you safe.
Jessika nodded solemnly. "Thanks" she said simply.

David took Jess's hand in his own. "Let's go. We'll roam the world. Maybe we'll see the others again.
But for now, I just need some time with the person I love."

David looked down. "And maybe I can overcome this darkness within me." he finished.

Summary- Jessika finds David, who's being a bit of an emo. He turns her away, and runs away. Jess tells that the mob is after them, so, after they make up, David and Jess flee together on the Juggernaught. ((Note to Bio- you had a chance to get off. I'm guessing you're going with the others. ))

(( And so yeah, we're not with the main group anymore. We'll rejoin after a few brief adventures of our own. And also, the package in the convo was for all of you staying behind- containing a letter and a nice item for you all. The item was taken from the Vampire's lair. These letters, and the loot, will be PM'd to you. So, enjoy. ))

(( Edit- I'm realising that I've posted ahead of some stuff Chaostar has- sorry in advance. Just put it up anyway. It'll be fine. ))
Sprites!

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.24 (14:37)

((This is before the above convo.))
Emmy, Jess and Oberon

Emmy woke up. After the battle, she couldn't sleep very well. She felt in her heart that she had missed something. something rather important. Climbing out of bed, she ran back to the mountain entrance where she and Jessika had first entered. The caves were a lot less ominous, thanks to the eradication of the evil artifact that once dwelled inside. Emmy retraced the path she had previously took, seeing small drops of blood dotting the way. At last, she came across what she had forgot; Jessika.

Jessika's head was swimming. She tried to push herself up, but fell back down again. She tried again, and managed to push herself up onto a boulder. "What happened?" she asked Emmy.

"well, Vade, as he calls himself, smashed you in the head with a big sword. It's called something with a 'z', I think. ...Are you alright, Jess?"

"I feel... alright" she replied.

"Do you know where David might go? We should find him before he gets in any /more/ trouble."

"...and I think the Elder of this island is up to something."

Jessika looked at Emmy, suspition aroused. "What about the Elder?" she asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Well, don't you think he should have done something about the Corruption plaguing the island?"

"...The Corruption, in fact, is rather easy to get rid of. It flees from magic. if you cast a spell, the plague is eradicated."

"So you think that the Elder is trying to corrupt the whole island?" said Jessika disbelievingly. "Why would he want to do that?"

"no. /I/ was the one who brought the corruption. I'm just implying that he's not doing anything about it." Emmy shrugged.

Jessika sat in silence for a moment. "Where's David?" she asked eventually.

"I don't know. I left before him. He was lying on the floor not too far from you. And he isn't Vade..." Emmy gestured in the Vague direction of the smashed Sanguine Chest.

Jessika sat in thought. "What do we do now?" she asked.

"well, I think it would be wise to leave david alone for the moment. We should go meet with the Elder." Emmy paused. "... I really don't have a good feeling about him."

Jessika nodded. The two of them set off, heading down the mountain trail to the village.

The sun was just coming up, and the sky was a golden orange color, with a huge line of beautiful clouds across the horizon.
"it's beautiful, isn't it?" Emmy smiled serenely, for the first time this morning.

"Yes" replied Jessika, lost in her own thoughts.

Emmy sighed. "it always is, before the worst times. You should prepare yourself."

"What for?" Jessika asked.

"Anything. Worst comes to worse, We'll have to kill every living thing in this village." Emmy had a grim look on her face.

Jessika said nothing, and continued to walk in silence. "but, don't attack /anyone/ unless if I say so. I don't want any unnecessary bloodshed."

They came to the village; not many people were about. The butcher was cutting up the meat for the day, and the Baker was kneading bread, but all else was silent.

They reached a small cabin where the Elder resided in. Just as before, when they had gone to see him to learn their magic, he was sitting in the center room.

"Hello... Elder..?" Emmy said

"My name is Oberon, dear child." He smiled a gentle smile, and invited them to sit down.

"So, Oberon" Jessika said, taking a seat. "We came to talk to you about the corruption on the island" (Emmy remained standing.)

"Is that so?" he replied.

"Yes... Oberoth. You see, I dicovered the cure to the corruption plaguing the island."

"...oh?" His eyes brightened "That's excellent! Now we can be free of this pestilence!"

"...and I also discovered that it's very, very simple. So simple, that you should have noticed it a long, long time ago. I know you lied to me before, Oberon, and I don't doubt you would lie to me now." Emmy stated defiantly.

"What are you implying, young girl?" said the Elder.

"I'm implying that you would sit back and watch your people /die/ ."

Oberon stood up, taking the offensive. "That is a very serious accusation, Emmy!" he said. "All I care about is the future of our people!"

"then why haven't you cured them from the Corruption? I assume you know magic, do you not?"

Oberon fumed at this. "Leave, now!" he shouted. "I will not have such insolence in a place of learning!"

"Oberon, this isn't a place of learning. This place is a mockery of the powers of magic!"

"You say you 'teach' the people who come here magic, buyt what you teach them is the minimum!"

"I teach what I think is acceptable to the modern world!" he replied defiantly.

"You teach ignorance! You hoard your knowledge, only revealing the dust on top of your collection!"

"Oh, so you would rather me teach newcomer's how to destroy worlds, no?" Oberon shouted back at her.

"Destroy worlds? Only a select few can do that. I'm asking you why you don't teach your students something useful." Emmy said calmly.

"Are you saying I'm not teaching my students something they can walk away with? I teach them MAGICK!"

"Magic? You teach them parlor tricks!" Emmy's voice rose.

Oberon grew silent. He looked up, and his kind, gentle, look turned into a gaze of Draconic greed. "...You will /never/ have my magic!" He snarled.

Jessika stood up. "You are not worthy to lead Delacrimo!" she said.

Emmy still stared coldly at Oberon. "I still want to know... why did you lie to me? Why did you tell me I had no magic?!"

Oberon grinned wolfishly. ((All the better to eat you, dearie.))
"Because this would happen." Stepping forward, he lept into the air, transforming into a lupine shape.

Jessika shouted some spells, and ice engulfed her arms, with huge sharp icicles sticking out the top. Jessika lunged in and swung a huge, powerful punch at Oberon; he cast a spell the the fist glanced off.

Emmy stood there, waiting... Oberon, still a wolf, leaped at Emmy, forelegs extended, and mouth open, waiting to tear her into little-girl bits. Instead of ripping her apart, Oberon went through Emmy. He let out a little yelp of surprise.

Jessika took Oberon's surpise and shot several shards of ice at him, which struck him along the side. He howled in pain. Emmy whipped around, and sent a slash of light, which barely missed any vital parts. However, it did cut off his tail. Oberon screamed in agony, and reverted to a normal human form.

"You... Will not get away with this." He panted. "HELP! I'M UNDER ATTACK!" He yelled as loud as he could. He cackled maniacally.

Almost instantly, town members rushed in to see what was going on. "These two came in and started attacking me!" said Oberon, in a defenseless old man voice.

Emmy grabbed the old mans hand, and he started screaming. In no time, he collapsed, and was still.

The townsfolk were horrified. "You murdered him!"one said,"He was such a sweet old man!"

Jessika knew that there was no point reasoning with them, so she ran up to a wall and punched a huge hole in it. "Come on!" she shouted to Emmy.

Emmy stood still. She was... changed.
"None... Shall leave alive."
She raised both her hands toward the villagers, and a storm of dark energy came around her.
"I think you should run, Jessika, if you want to stay alive."
The townsfolk, oblivious to Emmy's actions, still charged after Jess.

Jessika shouted back at Emmy, "You get the others and head off to Fenrir! I'll go find David!"

Emmy blinked at this.

And then, there was a loud vibration, and the house was torn apart... and so were everyone inside. Emmy fell to the floor, and collapsed.

Jessika continued to run, and easily out manoevered the town's people. Once she'd gotten them off her back, she headed out to find David. Behind her, she heard the sudden screams of humans; and each one, silenced.

--Later--

Emmy woke up in a pool of blood. She slowly got up; she felt a little woozy. "...What did I just do?" she whispered. The town had been... flattened. She was standing on wreckage, and corpses. There was blood everywhere. Men, children, women, everyone was killed. Emmy's eyes widened at the shock of the disaster; and she fought back tears. She ran off, in search of comfort, and an escape from the carnage.

Summary
Emmy retrieves Jess from the Vampire caves. Emmy and Jess talk to Oberon, the Elder. Oberon is an bad man, and Emmy+Jess kill him. The town, sadly is alerted, and begin to chase Jessika. Emmy levels the town. Oh, hey. I killed Takkun.
Last edited by ChaoStar on 2009.07.25 (13:20), edited 1 time in total.

Postby Communist » 2009.07.25 (01:16)

(( Chronologically, that one comes before my previous post. Just so you know. And this spot will be editted with a convo soon. ))
Sprites!

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.25 (11:30)

Emmy, David/Vade and the Altar of Mind

Emmy had been running away. When she stopped to catch her breath, she remembered Takkun had been in the town. Her eyes widened. She began running back to the "town" Once she arrived, she glided over to where the inn had been standing. Poking out of the wreckage was a metal box. It was about 2 feet big on each side. It looked unusually out of place here, with the bodies and destruction. It gleamed- and the words "To Takkun" were seen. Bending down, she opened the box; there were tears in her eyes... she knew Takkun was dead. Inside were three packages: One addressed to Jack, One to Takkun, and one to her. She first opened the one with her name. Inside; was a letter.
(insert letter here)
...and with the letter, a purple veil, and a small wand like object. At the top... was a black Orb. She really was crying now. Taking Takkun's letter, she opened it carefully, and read it.
(insert letter here)
...with it, came a white flag, with a purple dragon, and a pendant of calling. She smiled at the flag. she carefully put Takkun's objects into the box, and put the box into her backpack. She frowned, when she saw that her knives really were gone. (how could she cook now?) Taking the purple veil, she put it on her head. Feeling a wrenching sensation, all her surroundings were blurred, and she appeared...

David woke up, sweating. He stood up. Funny. This wasn't the juggernaught. He noticed he was wearing thick plate armour, and was fully armed. Looking around- it was a very large stone platform. Beyond it, stars, and space. It was just a massive stone slab in the middle of no-where. "Odd." he said. Suddenly, there was a blur on the other side of the platform. David looked at it. "Who's that, I wonder." he said under his breath.

Emmy looked around. She... seemed taller. Looking down, she saw mystic runes carved into ancient rock. This was an altar of sorts; she deduced. Coming forward, she saw a man with grey hair... "...David?" Her voice was stronger and fuller.

David turned. He noticed, suddenly, he was different. He was David, yes. But, and here he ran his hand through his hair, his hair was grey. He seemed.. different. It was as if he was both Vade and David. He called out to the woman with what sounded like two voices overlaid with each other. "Who are you?"

"I'm Esmeralda. don't you remember me?"

"Esmeralda..." David's dual voice was uncertain. "I could have sworn you were a little girl. What are we doing here? Why am I... like this?"

He walked over to her. "You look very nice. How are the others?"

"Hmm. Takkun is dead." She looked devastated. "Jack... He's been working on that glove of his."

"We are in the Altar of the Mind. This is where Mind magic is most powerful. It flows endlessly. this is a 'spring' of magic." She paused. "... I told you I wasn't a little girl."

David shook his head. "That veil was more important than I thought..." He looked up. "Wait, did you say Takkun was dead? How did that happen?" His voice his tremors in it.

"...I killed them all." Her voice took a darker turn. "The village. I killed them all."

David looked down silently. His teeth, he noted, were the fangs. "...Emmy?" He looked up into her eyes. "That could very easily have been me doing the killing. But you saved me. But... Takkun... Admittedly, I didn't like him much... but he was a good man. He was the future." David sighed. "You need someone to save you, Emmy. " David said, almost wistfully."

"I think... some people can't be saved." She looked down.

David walked over and slapped Emmy hard in the face. "Don't be like that!" he yelled. "If I can be saved, so can you! You have to try!" David was quite angry. "You have to try." he repeated to himself.

"... I've been haunted by the memories of the people I've killed. I can't be saved. I'm only seeking Atonement for what I am." Her voice wavered. "...Salvation... is not for me." She looked down.

David took Emmy by the chin, and looked into her eyes. "If this is an altar of mind... I seek your evil personality. Bring her out. I wish to... see what happens." David clapped his hands. "Out, Evil Emmy! I wish to a word with you!"

One by one, the stars in the sky began to go out. her eyes were fading into a crimson color, and her mouth twisted into a wry grin.
"...Evil Emmy? I think not. I'm just Emmy."

The Vade part of David grinned. He could see perfectly in the dark. David gave the greater part of himself over to Vade. "Haha! Emmy? I'm allowed to hurt you this time.

A silver light began to come from the stone slab.

Vade drew, from behind his back, two long shamshirs.

"Oh? I thought we were going to talk?" From her back, she drew a large, wide, ceremonial sword. "I think it's useless to battle me here." She laughed. "but I enjoy a good kill."

Vade laughed as well. "You think you can beat me in battle? No doubt you plan on using magick." He sniffed. "But here, we both have unlimited magick sources. We could go fovever, and not got anywhere. It looks like weaponry is your only choice." Vade grinned, gestured- a large grey orb appeared. "And here, I have David's life magick as well." He threw the large orb. "Let us begin, then."

"I see. But I have a few tricks up /my/ sleeve." Emmy raised her hand, and shards fo ice rained down upon Vade/David.

Vade raised his hand. A shield appeared above him, and the ice bounced off it harmlessly. "That wasn't a good trick at all." Vade charged with his swords raised.

She stepped forward, and her sword sang through the air, and slashed one of Vade's shamshir's. "I don't think David will be too happy, will he?" She blasted a ball of fire at Vade.
Vade threw his other shamshir at the fireball- destroying the sword, and ending the fireball's rampage. With a quick motion, he pulled out the heavily engraved Zweihander. "I don't care what David thinks." Vade replied. He made a massive head-height swipe at Emmy

An orb of light encased Emmy, and the sword bounced off harmlessly. "...It's time to end this." A cloud of darkness engulfed the Altar, and the light from the spring flickered,

Vade frowned. He murmered under his breath. Nothing happened. "Hpmh." he said. He drew out a long dagger- the one for special occasions. He scythed forward with it- cutting through the shield with unexpected (For Emmy, that is) ease- and kept going towards her head.

Emmy caught Vade's hand, and twisted it. There was a sickening snap.

Vade laughed. "You lose! I have two hands!" And lo and behold, the other hand, wielding a deadly dagger, went straight into Emmy's back, even as his hand snapped.

"oh, I'm ok."

Emmy moved through the knife, and swung her sword at him.

Vade stood there, and took it. At the same time, with his broken hand, he thrust forward. There was a sickening clash- and the two ended up in what looked from a distance like an embrace. Both of them, holding their blades, gasped- both had been taken through the chest by the other.

Emmy shuddered in pain. (and shock) she let go of her sword, and embraced Vade. "...Thank you, David."

Vade's hair slowly turned back to the grey of the pairs. He ignored the massive hole in his chest- as if that would even worry a vampire. David smiled, and hugged Emmy back. "Did it work?" he asked, somewhat needlessly.

"...somewhat." She pulled the dagger out of her chest. "...There is still atonement to be had."

David leant forward, and placed his hand carefully on Emmy's chest. He muttered, and the wound healed itself slowly.

"The first step is always the most difficult" he said cryptically. He reached out, and healed his own chest, then picked up his dagger.

"...May I give you a gift?"

David nodded. "Sure. What is it?"

"...A spell. One that you would never learn anywhere else..."

"...It's your type, Death."

"That would be Vade's type, really.... but ok. What is it?" he said.

"Remember what I used to block your magic? It's somewhat like that." She paused to explain. "It's a form of the Corruption. To begin, you need an Orb." She produced an Orb from her pocket. "it must be empty."

David frowned. "I don't like orbs. Vampire magick doesn't agree with them. Don't ask me why."

"Vampire magic?" Emmy laughed. "I suppose so. But the magic inside of you isn't Vampiric. Your magic is what you are." Emmy paused. "It's only half. So you should be able to use this spell properly. If not, well I suppose I can teach you another."

"Alright, we'll try." David said.

"Alright. When you have the Orb, just say..." She handed the Orb to David. "I call upon you, Defiler of Magic."

David held the orb. He shuddered as he held it. "I call upon you, Defiler of Magic." Nothing happened. "That's odd." David said.

Emmy frowned. "Pity. Well, I suppose I can teach you another one..." She gathered up her thoughts. "The Spell I'm about to teach you is one of my favorites. It calls upon 'Light' magic, but I think that someone who can use Life magic can use it as well." (( Magic Lite, the low-carb solution to everyday magic.))

David smiled- he was glad he was at least smarter than this godly woman. "Life magick is light magick. Just as death magick is dark magick." he said, with an air of superiority. "Alright. What is it?" he asked.

Emmy laughed. "No. Life magic is /not/ Light magic. Nor is Death magic Dark magic. Light and Dark magic are much baser magics than that. They refer to my magic. Primal magic is sometimes called Light magic, and Dark magic is refered as anti-magic. ...Anyway, I wanted to teach you my favorite: Light Shard. When cast, it summons a quadrilateral shard of solid light. The harder you focus, the bigger and more powerful. However, you can tailor them to your tastes. To summon one, just concentrate on summoning one. It's a silent spell."

David focused. A shard of light appeared over his head- it wasn't much, but it was there. "That's it?" he asked. "Just concentrate on summoning one?"

"Yes." She concentrated, and a fan of shard appeared on her fingertips. "You can also do all sorts of things with them by thinking.

David nodded. "Thank-you Emmy..." He bowed. "I must go now. Jess's looking for me." he said. "Remember- if you need help, you can wear the veil. I might be able to help you then." David smiled. "You've made an important step today, Emmy. And I think I have too, with Vade." He paused. "If you hadn't changed back after we stabbed each other... he was going to crush your throat." David shook his head. "Um, but yes. Meet again. Must do it."

"I think it's time I find my Atonement... David, you should meet up with us as soon as possible. There's something we need to do in Aegis, and I need all the help I can get. I'll give you a map." Producing a map from her pocket, she circled an island with a pen. She handed the map to David. "See you soon." She vanished.

David smiled. "Goodbye, Emmy." he turned his back. "I have a few of my own personal matters to attend to." he turned again and disappeared.

Above them, unseen, a hidden watcher lurked. "This is interesting..." it said. "I must report this to the First." A flap of wings, and the watcher disappeared- to it's own mysterious ends.

((I'm going to post this for safe-keeping. there's a gap, but this is when Emmy and co arrive in telormar.))
Arrival at Telormar

Emmy piloted Fenrir out of the clouds, seeing her destination: Telormar. Telormar was mostly Desert, but it had two very important places.

One: The harbor city of Edge, the base of Aegis land-operations.
and Two: an Aegis weapons bunker; where Emmy had stored most of her successful experiments.

Anrah slinked silently through the crowds of Edge. He went unnoticed, ducking through the masses of people. He was looking. Watching all of the people, looking for the killer. He didn't know who it was. He felt as if he would know it when he saw it. Although he was losing hope. He'd gone years without catching anything. He'd been walking since dawn. He spotted a bench and rested there for a minute. His eyes wandered through the passer-bys. A man caught his eye. He looked old, about mid thirties, with a full beard and shocking white clothes. He took another glance. He was moving fast, and his facial expression was worried. Anrah looked hard at him. He felt something in his chest. He had a really eerie feeling that this was who he was looking for. His legs protesting, he lept off the bench and slinked behind him, quietly observing him. The man looked over his shoulder, and Anrah ducked back in to an alley. The man looked around and shrugged it off. Anrah held his breath and continued his pursuit. Soon enough, the man broke out in to a run. Anrah struggled to follow him, tired, hungry and delirious. His legs felt like lead, and he lost focus. He could barely see. He sprinted in to a young girl, holding a dark umbrella. She was wearing a blue dress, (unusually fine for a desert dweller...) wearing a brown leather sack. Her hair was a dark brown with some odd gray strands.
"Ach, sorry," he said, losing sight of the man. He tried to rush around her, but the girl stopped him. He tried to go around her again. She stood in his path yet again.
"I'm sorry. I need to hurry."

"...you." Her eyes flickered. "where are you going?"

"... Do I know you?" he asked sheepishly, trying to avoid all conversation. His mind raced. He couldn't explain it all to a little girl. "I'm looking for a friend. I thought I saw him. I need to catch him."

"...You lie."

Dammit. The man was completely out of sight. He looked back and sighed. "Well. He's gone now. No sense in trying to find him, he's probably in some huge crowd by now." He wasn't ready to explain this to some strange girl.

"I'm not little, you know." She looked a little mad.

"You look pretty young to me. Let me by, I have places to be."

"No." She grabbed his arm, and pulled him toward a bench.

"Grah! Let me go! What are you doing?"

"We're going to find your man." She paused "Why are you after him, anyway?" Emmy queried.

"The man... You mean the friend I was looking for?" Anrah said, keeping up his false story.

"Hah. What kind of person kills his friends?" Emmy laughed eerily.

Anrah was speechless. "Y-You... How?" He looked at her in disbelief.

"I'm good at guessing. Also, I saw the way you were looking at him. I know how you feel." She crossed her arms. "I have a question of my own. how are things going in Aegis?"

Anrah didn't say anything. He just ignored the question.

"... I see. Do you know who's the current queen?"

"I think.... Astral?" he said quickly.

Emmy was aghast. "...Astral? Are you sure?"

"I-I think...." he said, searching his mind for any other answers.

"Astral. hmm... What happened to the previous queen?"

"Hm. She just.... disappeared one day. I don't think anyone knows."

"I see. We should get going. He went..." Emmy closed her eyes. "that way." she pointed. "oh, I forgot. what's your name?"

Anrah thought for a moment. He didn't entirely trust this girl, but she seemed nice enough. It couldn't hurt.
"I'm Anrah," he said.

"Hello Anrah." She curtsied. "I'm Esmeralda. Just call me Emmy."

That name....Hm, he thought. "Okay, Emmy."

"How do you know where he went? I couldn't keep track of him and you weren't even facing him." He asked.

Emmy smiled. "some things are better not known." her eyes flashed green for a second. "so, why are we chasing this man?"

"...better yet, what are you going to do to him when we catch him?"

He looked at her. She's one strange little girl, he thought. "He killed my parents," he said blankly. "At least, I think so. I really don't have anything to base it on, but it feels like the Saber's telling me." He shook his head. "That sounds so stupid." He shook his head. "...and I want answers. My parents may still be living."

"The Saber? Mind if I see it? ...and, do you know magic?"

He thought for a moment and handed her the Saber. "It was my father's. I.... I might. I can heal wounds rather fast without any other aid."

Emmy grasped the sword, and listened. Soon enough, she felt a power course through the sword, and the whispers of warriors long slain. She smiled, and handed it back to Anrah. "it seems quite tasty. This sword is very special."

"....Tasty?" he asked.

"Tasty. Also, your parents aren't dead."

Anrah was shocked. This wasn't a normal girl by any standards. He could barely form words. "I-I.... How do you know?"

"The sword isn't a normal sword." ((I'm an Arstar Sherlock Holmes, am I? )) "This is a Vengeance Saber. It's full of old magic... Blood magic, to be exact." She gathered up her thoughts. "A Saber like this seeks blood. So it instills feelings of hatred toward certain victims of it's choosing. That man? He was a random passerby. You would have killed him for no reason at all."She looked at the now identified saber. "...where did you get this?"

Anrah sighed. He knew he'd been getting worked up over nothing.
"It was my father's. He gave it to me a while before he die- disappeared. I don't know where he got it."

"hmm." Emmy sat down, and thought deeply. "what did your father do?"

"He was a hunter.... I used to come with him on some of his longer journeys. I was always afraid of the ocean as a kid," he said, reminiscing.

"hunter... of the Sea? or of the Desert?"

"Almost everywhere, really...." He remembered all sorts of terrains and climates.

"hmm. Would he be the kind of person to investigate strange places? ...an explorer of sorts?"

He thought for a moment. "Yeah. He did all sorts of stuff." Anrah's voice cracked. He blinked back a tear.

"...Then I know where he got it."

"Seriously?" Anrah said, disbelief in his voice. "Where?"

"In the middle of the desert, lies an Aegis weapons bunker." She stroked her umbrella. "This bunker is unknown to most people, and contains only the /most/ powerful weapons. Mainly, experimental weapons. That sword would be a common item there."

"... Common? What's the more rare stuff there like?"

"... A proper magic user; like me; could destroy Arstar more than 100 times over."She grinned."...Power beyond imagining is held in the collective power of those weapons."She held up her finger. "however, the more dangerous ones are unstable, and can't be used. The bunker is kept under tight security. not even Astral can get in." Emmy said with a grin.

He was speechless. Power like that could do anything... "Would it be at all possible to access that?"

"Of course. I made the bunker."

Okay. This is a little more then insane. A little girl built a containment facility for some of the world's most powerful weapons. "... I don't believe it."

"Of course you don't. They say "Seeing is believing", no? I can take you there. Of course, We'll have to bring the whole team. The rest of the guys are on my ship. and two of them are off on the other ship." Emmy took Anrah's hand, and said "Welcome to the Team, Anrah."

He smiled sheepishly. This is the craziest thing ever, he thought. I don't even know why I trust her... There's something about her that's just... I don't know. It's in her eyes. "The team? Who else is there?" he asked.

"Oh, just a bunch of random people. A vampire, his girlfriend, the nice guy, the other nice guy, and a one of draconic origins....and me. Unfortunatly, only two of them are with us. The nice guys."

Yeah. Definitely the weirdest day ever, he thought. "... Uh huh. Well. Let's get going, then. I'd love to meet these guys."

Emmy smiled, and led Anrah to the docks. "Oh, don't worry. You'll get used to how weird it all is." She laughed. Before they made it to the docks, they heard the scream of a woman.

The scream pierced the air. "What's that?" Anrah asked.

"Someone screaming. most likely a damsel in distress." Emmy laughed, but her face kept a serious composure.

"Should we go find out who it is?"

"It's up to you."

"Might as well," he said, shrugging. "No one else seems to."

"OK. Let's go." Emmy ran along the streets, toward the source of the scream.

"Hey! Wait up!" Anrah cried, sprinting after her.

Emmy slowed down a tiny bit, enough that Anrah could barely catch up. When they arrived at the source, they saw a tall, burly man holding a woman at sword point. He was asking for her purse. Anrah didn't move, staring directly at the man. "Stay put," he whispered to Emmy. He crouched down and slowly sneaked up behind the man, holding his breath. He kicked at his leg, attempting to trip him. The man grabbed his leg and forced him to the ground. "Dammit!" he cried.

Emmy laughed, and leaped forward, umbrella in hand. The man barely had enough time to see her; and he grasped at her. He froze, and looked down... Inside his chest, was buried her umbrella. She grinned, and twisted it. He screamed, and collapsed. Emmy withdrew the umbrella, and muttered a word. ...The blood vanished from the umbrella. "thievery will not be tolorated." She said, darkly.

"Goddamn," Anrah thought. "She's vicious." He looked away and got to his feet. He grabbed the purse and tossed it to the woman. "Let's get out of here," he said. "A crowd's coming."

"hmmm." Emmy kneeled down next to the man, and touched his back. Slowly, the man grew pale, and his corpse stiffened. "Yes, we should leave now. ...oh." Two soldiers were blocking each side of the ally.

Anrah stared. Any and all suspiciouns he had remaining that she was a normal girl vanished. He looked toward the exits. "... Any ideas, Emmy?" he asked nervously.

"hmm. Two more corpses wouldn't hurt, right?"

He shook his head. "You don't know what kind of shit we'd get in." His thoughts raced for an escape route. He had lived in the city his whole life, there wasn't a single inch of road he hadn't traveled over.

"This way," he hissed and backed in to an alley.

Emmy glided behind Anrah. "where to?" She asked. "We have to get back to the ship... it may arouse the interest of the locals... or worse, Astral."

"Stay low, don't talk," he hissed again. "It might take a while. But we can get there." He crouched and crawled through the interconnected alleyways.

"!!!" She froze. "Anrah... She's nearby. Do you hear a commotion?"

"Who is?" He strained his ears. "... I think."

"Astral!" She hissed. "what is she doing here?"

"... What? Why the hell is she here?" He almost yelled, stopping himself before he attracted attention. "Argh. Come on. We can't stay here."

"Do you know of any strange places here? Orb shops... and the like?"

"I think. Want me to take you there?" he asked, still whispering.

"Yes, please do. ...Edge has changed. A lot...."

"It isn't going to be easy. Let's go." He hurried, still crouched.

"nothing is easy, I've found. ...Well, besides Curry. making curry is easy. do you like curry? "

He thought for a moment. "I like whatever I can eat. You don't get much in the slums." Saying it out loud made his stomach growl. He hadn't eaten in days.

"Well... I don't have curry on e, but I do have a sandwich... Want one? I made it. I think it's Steak, tomatoes, and cheese."

"Yes. Thank you." He smiled.

"Is this it...?" She pointed to an old, boarded up enternece to the side of an abandoned wearhouse. Spiderwebs hung all over the door and shattered windows.

"Heh, how'd you guess?" He knocked on the door twice, and a board lowered. Two eyes looked at him sternly, then brightened as they recognized the face. "Anrie!" a voice from behind it said.

"Heh, hey Zel. How's it going?" The shopkeeper opened the door. "Come in, come in!"

Emmy followed Anrah in.

"Who's your friend?" Zel asked, gesturing to Emmy.

"I'm Emmy. Nice to meet you." She curtsied. "I was wondering... Do you have any black orbs, perchance? ...I also would like to gauge the capacity of this Orb..." She touched her necklace.

Zel stared for a moment. She whispered to Anrah, "She isn't a normal girl, is she? Kehehe." She turned to Emmy. "Hmm. Black orbs, y'say? What would you be needin' those for?"

"Yes, Black ones. I needed some to power some armour I was crafting, and I found that normal ones can't hold enough."

"You're a li'l young to be craftin' such armor, don't y'say?" She laughed. "I'm 'fraid I don't got any left, girl. Sorry."

"who was you're last buyer?"

She thought for a moment. "Some feller in a brown robe. Dunno her name."

Emmy walked quietly over to the figure in the brown robes; and tugged one of the sleeves. The (female) figure inquired "may I help you, sweety?" Emmy reeled back in shock. The figure in question had light yellow hair, and fiery orange eyes... The woman was in her 20s-30s, and had an aura of supremacy.

"...You..." Emmy whispered, in shock.

Anrah glanced at Emmy. "Who's that? D'you know her?"

"Of course I do... She's Astral"

The person in question raised her eyebrows quizzically.

He stared for a moment. "... How the hell did she beat us here?" he whispered.

"how, my dear little girl, could I be Astral? I'm not exactly /dressed/ like a queen, nor am I possibly as magically advanced as her! Also, She added, "May I ask who you are?"

Emmy stared defiantly up at the woman, and spoke. "I'm Esmeralda."

Anrah thought for a moment. Her name.... No. No way. She's nine... right? Besides, that doesn't make any sense....

The woman laughed so hard, she was doubled over. Emmy stood still, and waited for the laughter to end. The woman coughed, and stopped laughing. "...I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. You have the same name as the former queen, you know."

"..."Emmy grabbed her hand.

"..! what are you doing? unhand me!"

"You lied, Astral. I can feel the magic running through your body. You can't run, you know. I told you that if you came back, I'd kill you."

At this, Astral's eye's widened. "...you're too young! It's not possible for you to be her!"

Emmy remained silent.

Anrah's mind raced. What the hell? Things were about to get worse, he knew it. "Emmy, come on! We have to go!" he hissed.

Suddenly, all sound vanished, and was replaced by a low bass pulse.

A beam of dark light pulsed from Emmy's other hand, which she had outstretched toward Astral. Astral screamed in fury, and burst out of the shop.

"Sorry to cause you trouble...? I'm sorry, I forgot your name. " Emmy blushed.

"Keheh, no problem, dearie. It's Zel." She smiled at her.

Anrah stared at Emmy for a second in disbelief. "What was that, Emmy?" he asked.

"I got what I wanted. Also, we have about half an hour. I suggest we run back to Fenrir." She looked down, "oh?! what's this...?" On the floor was a small black orb, which upon it were orange runes. "...hah. It seems I even got what I asked for. Did she pay for this, Zel?"

"Yeh, she did," Zel said. "She seemed to have more money on her then you'd expect."

"...Typical Astral." She looked at the orb with glowing eyes. "Let's see what I can do!" Emmy closed her eyes, and the runes that were lit started to fade. Once done, Emmy opened her eyes. "Perfect. Let's get going!" Emmy started running toward the door. Anrah followed behind her. "Later, Zel," he said waving.

"hmm... the streets in this area have changed. Please lead the way, Anrah." Emmy motioned with an "after you" gesture.

He smiled. "The soldiers may still be around, so be ready to run. Or we can run the whole way, whichever you'd prefer."

"I think we'd be better off running the whole way- we don't have much time."

"All right. Stay close and follow." He sprinted off towards the docks, keeping an eye on Emmy.

Emmy kept pace with him, not losing a beat. When they were about halfway, they came across a team of soldiers.

"There's nowhere to run! We'll have to go through them. Well," She laughed. "I can at least try something out..."

Anrah paused. "Dammit. All right, we're going to charge them, okay? When I say run, just run. Don't stop."

"do you think they'll run if they're on fire?" Emmy asked, with a wicked grin on her face.

Anrah stared. This girl was insane. "...They probably won't attack us, that's for sure."

"Perfect."

She swept her arm in front of her, and a sheet of fire flew out at the soldiers. "Run! while they're still on fire!"

Anrah looked away from the burning soldiers and ran. "Come on!" he shouted. They ran the rest of the way, (without anything else happening) and finally came to the dock where Fenrir was parked.

Anrah's jaw dropped. "This is your ship? That's crazy!"

"nope. not at all. it's mine, and mine alone." She looked up at Anrah. "thanks for helping me out back there."

He smiled. "You're welcome. Thanks for everything you've done. And I apologise for running in to you back there." He looked back at Fenrir. "Anyway, it's getting dark. Shall we board?"

"Yes, we shall."

Letters:
Emmy's

Dear Emmy,

Thanks for helping me in the caves. But the fact remains that I'm changed. And so, I will be staying here, on Delacrimo- I won't be going with any of you. So, goodbye. I've got a few things for you.

Firstly, I poked around in your bag. I noticed a number of things in there that didn't seem suitable for little girls. So if you're wondering, I've taken your poisons and knives. (( Wahaha! )).

Secondly, I'm giving you a weapon more suitable for you. The staff-like object within the package is for you. It has a spell on it that gives anyone you hit it with a nasty flu-like virus. Of course, you should be careful not to hit yourself- though it generally only works when you want it to.

Thirdly, a warning. I stand half in the darkness- and I can see now that you could very easily go with me. Be careful- you must restrain yourself. Oh, and before I forget, the purple hood in the package is also for you. I hope you like it.

Goodbye Emmy.

David.

Takkun's

Dear Takkun,

I hope that you'll be well. I'm... well, ask someone else. I'm not in the best of stages at the moment. That's why I'm taking the Juggernaught and leaving. But I've sent you this, for a few important reasons.

Within the package is a small wooden pendant. I stole it from the vampires cave. I have a duplicate- I believe you can use it to send me a very short message. Only two messages can be sent, though. So, if you need my help at any stage in the future, read the words on the back, recite the message, and I'll see if I can help.

More importantly, there's a flag that I made. The one with the purple dragon on the white backdrop. This, I believe, is where the future lies. That flag will be the symbol of our rebellion against the Elder- you must, wherever you can, recruit people under our banner. We can't win a war with just the few of us. You must get others to join us. Papers declaring our 'official' rebellion are also included. You're the official named leader. When first I met you, I sensed potential. I think this is where it will appear. The rest of us are your advisors.

So, you get to invent the name. I suggest "The Seros liberators" but you've got better ideas, no doubt. Use the wooden pendant to send me the name, when you make it. Then, I'll recruit for you as well.

We might not meet again, for a long time, or indeed, ever. But Takkun, I believe in you and your stupid idealistic manner. I'm no longer the leader of this party. I leave everything up to you. Good luck.

David.

Last edited by ChaoStar on 2009.07.29 (10:40), edited 1 time in total.

RoboBarber
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Aphex_N
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Aphex » 2009.07.29 (00:09)

takkun's back baby

Emmy took out the scepter that David had given her. She wove it around, and she felt the power of Death magic strongly inside. An idea flashed into her mind, and she went back to the box, and took out the Flag that would have been Takkun's. Tears began to well into her eyes. She paused, took a breath, and touched the scepter to the Flag. ...Everything became a blur, and reality warped. Then, there was blackness. Emmy opened her eyes, and she came upon an alter not unlike the one she had met with David. In the center of the ancient Floating rock, there was a slab of rock. This time, the rock was a dark red- bloodstained. From behind the bloodstained rock, a body clumsily stood, its arms hanging at its sides. The body turned to Emmy, straightining out the aches of its muscles. It shook its head side to side, then yawned, "ah... thats better" it was takkun's voice.

Emmy smiled. "Death. Of course." She walked up Takkun and hugged him.

Takkun looked down. It was the girl he had rescued from the ship. She looked innocent, but her eyes told a different story. Takkun stared at her, "death? what? where am i?" Takkun looked at his surrounding, his eyes widening, he could not comprehend the horror of this place, he could not understand where it was.

Emmy backed two steps from Takkun. "This..." Gesturing at the endless starry night, and the floating rock they were on. "...Is the Altar of Death. This is a magical spring. Endless Death magic flows from here... it also allows people to communicate with the dead."

Takkun stared at her. then he burst out laughing, "ahahahahahah! good one! you almost had me believing i was dead for a second" Takkun smiled at the girl, "okay, lets get out of here, where's the exit?" Takkun searched around the floating platform, peering over the edges, and feeling for escape hatches. he got more an more frantic as he searched. Takkun turned to the girl, "GODDAMMIT! WHERES THE EXIT! TELL ME!"

"You..." Her eyes teared up, and she attempted to restrain them. "...are dead."

Takkun slumped to the ground, he wanted to cry, but he couldn't. His body felt hollow. unnatural. Takkun looked up at the girl, "then why... did you bring me back?"

"...because," She looked up at Takkun. "I wanted to see you one more time... and to ask for forgiveness."

Takkun stared at her, "you... you killed me?"

"Yes. It was my foolish rage that killed you. ...My stupidity." She couldn't hold the tears any longer. Teears were straming down her face.

Takkun smiled at the girl, and laughed at the sheer absurdity of the situation, "ahah, this is... unbeleivable" He stood up and looked at the girl, "well, i at least want to know the name of the girl i'm going to forgive."

"...My name... is Esmeralda." Her tears had stopped. She wiped her cheek with the back of her hand.

Takkun opened his arms, smiling, "Esmerelda, i forgive you. I can see your pain and remorse. It was not your fault."

Emmy came forward, and hugged Takkun. "oh! I almost forgot." She brought out the flag from David. "what do you think? David made it for us."

Takkun smiled, "its perfect" Takkun lurched backwards suddenly, falling on the ground. He could feel the magick holding this body together fragmenting. Takkun sat up, "Don't worry about me emmy. Death is the end, but it is also freedom. My pain will end, and i shall escape from reality"

"Don't you wish... that you could have a second chance?" Emmy raised her hand... and a vortex of light came out. "I, keeper of magic..." Emmy's voice contained an otherworldy quality "...call forth this wronged soul..."
"Rise, Takkun. There are always second chances."

Takkun suddenly saw only white, he felt a warmth flow through his body, the hollow feel dissapated after a few seconds. Suddenly everything fell black. Takkun could here a dull drone, gradually becoming clearer, until he recognized it as the rustling of the wind. He felt cloth against his skin. Opening his eyes slowly, he saw a metal roof standing over him, he recognized it as the same metal that was on the crashed ship he had founf Emmy on. Takkun smiled, "im back baby"

"Good morning, Takkun!" Emmy looked down on the now-awake Takkun. She... looked older.

Takkun opened his mouth, then closed it again. he looked up at emmy, "I'm not even going to try and question what just happened." Takkun looked at Emmy, "where are we /now/ then?"

"I don't blame you!" She laughed. "We're on my ship, of course! ...Flying."

Takkun just shook his head, "whatever. I've supposodly just come back from the dead." Takkun rolled over, smiling, "thank you Emmy. I feel really tired for some reason... lets talk another time."

"Alright. Have a nice nap." Emmy walked out of the room, and closed the door.

((btw this convo took place on the journey to telormar))

Postby Communist » 2009.07.29 (06:13)

(( Chaostar, in your last post, you might want to put up the letters, in the bit with (insert letter here. ) otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Also, don't put a summary:none. That just annoys me =p))
Sprites!

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.29 (10:41)

((got it.))

Postby Communist » 2009.07.29 (11:24)

Jess and David go postal

The Juggernaught cruised along, ploughing its' mighty prow through the waves.
Up ahead, a small island- " Jessika?" David yelled out. "How are we for supplies?"
"We're running a bit low on fruit!" Jessika yelled back.
"Fruit! Well, we can't get scurvy now, can we? There's an island up ahead- it looks populated. Shall we stop there?"
"Well, I don't think we'd make it to the next island, so I think we better" came the reply.
David nodded. Slowly, he turned the wheel, and the momentous weight of the boat began to turn towards the island.

An hour later, they had brought round, and were now coming up to the docks. " I need you on board, Jess." Called David. "We need to moor."
Jessika jumped over the edge of the boat, slid down the side and landed on an old looking wooden dock.
David threw the ropes down, and Jessika tied the boat off.
David then looked around. A large mob had gathered at the end of the docks.
"How the hell didn't we see them?" Demanded David. "This doesn't look good."

Jessika approached the mob, putting on a fake smile. She drew an icicle from behind her back as she approached.
"Can I help you, gentlemen?" Jessika said sweetly.
One of the men looked at her funny. "Excuse me miss, but by any chance, are you two bandits? Only, we've had problems with bandits lately."
The man spoke with a slow drawl- it was painful to wait for him to finish a sentence. "And see, if you are bandits..." He mimed a cut-throat.
"No, no, we're just innocent tourists!" Jessika said.
"Tourists? Have you seen this place?" said the man, incredulously. "I live here, and even I know it's a hole."
"Well, we've just been island hopping; we came here from Delacrimo..." Jessika replied.

David stepped forward. "We've come to buy some fruit. Lemons, if you have any. Life is like lemons," David pontificated, "in that both are quite tangy."
The mob exchanged lookes with each other and glaced at David with suspicious eyes.
One of them gestured at the ship. "Why you got such a nice ship then, eh?"
"You stole it didn' ya!" another one shouted.

David wasn't fussed." You could say I stole it. I'm a lawyer, you see." He smiled ironically here.
"Tell you what. You, man with the silly drawl." He pointed. "We'll fight off those bandits if you give us free fruit!"
He leant over to Jessika- "Is that fine to you?" he whispered.
"Yeah, I'm all good" Jessika replied.

The villagers whispered about themselves as well; "Should we trust them?" "They look pretty decent" "What have we got to lose?"
One of the villages turned around and spoke up. "Alright, you may be able to help us.
The Bandits travel in large packs around the islands, sailing from one to the other and pillaging."
"They usually wait a while before coming back, to make sure we've re-grown more food. We try to hide it, or fend them off, but it's no use.
It's a deal" he said.

Jessika swung her arm around to shake his, and only at the last second remembered to withdraw the icicle.
"I hope no-one saw that" she thought as she shook.
"So," David piped up from behind Jessika. "About how many Bandits are there, anyway? And aren't they more like pirates?"
"Firstly," Replied the man. "Shut up."
"Secondly... we reckon they have about one hundred and fifty men."
David blanched at the high number. "A hundred and fifty!" David shook his head. "These had better be some damn good lemons."
Some of the villagers laughed at this.

Jessika piped up. "We can we confront them?"
"There's a beach over to the West of the island; they usually land there" said a villager.
"Jess- I don't think I could take seventy-five pirates at once." David whispered. "I think we're fools."
"Don't worry; we'll do it together" said Jessika, rubbing David affectionately on the shoulder.
"But that leaves another seventy five..."
Jessika smiled. "Don't worry; I have something that may help us"

She reached into her shirt and pulled out two philes of a green-ish liquid.
"Remember that huge wolf we met on Delacrimo?" David winced. "I'd prefer not to."
"Well, this is the potion I used to kill it" Jessika said. "I still have a bit left; I really need to mix some more."
David was still worried. "So sure, we can kill a guy with one blow. But at the same time another ten will be knifing me in the back."
"Stop arguing!" said Jessika. "We can do it, alright?"
"Whatever. Let's go look at this beach, and see what we can salvage of this whole thing."

A few minutes later, Jessika and David stood on the beach.
David looked around gloomily. "This is a great place for a date." He announced. "But for defending? Jess, I have two words.
'Last Stand.' Doesn't get worse than this."
"Don't worry; when the bandits get here, I'll have a little surprise for them" Jessika replied.

David looked out to sea and pointed. "I hope you've got it ready. Looks like two boats just there coming in." He paused. "That's too bloody convenient. Just as we get here, they arrive. What's up with that?"
"Two boats... About fifty people I reckon. That's a fair few."
"Come on, let's get to cover" Jessika said, turning and jogging over to the treeline.
David shook his head. "If you want cover, I can provide it. Let's find a vaguely defensible spot, though."
Scanning the area, David pointed."How about that hilltop?"
Jessika gave David an odd look. "Okay..." she said. David grinned. "Trust me." Then he began to sprint for the hill.

Jessika followed, and stopped as David abruptly halted at the top of the hill.
David waved his arms, and muttered under his breath. Suddenly, a vibrant golden shield encased the hill-top.
"Come in. Those pirates, er, bandits have just landed. I guess they spotted us too." David waved at the thugs.
"Over here you pansies! Come on if you think you're tough enough!" He screamed at them.

Jessika watched as the menacing looking pirates jumped of the boat and started sprinting across the beach towards the hill, cutlasses flailing.
"Let's make this hard for them, aeh?" Jessika said to David. "Wentrana Sedvulta!" Jessika yelled.

The nearby clouds started vibrating, as a huge wave of snow started pouring down on to the beach.

"Sivorino Estafaro!" Jessika shouted. Her hands started glowing blue-white as she jumped into the golden circle.
David looked blankly at Jessika. "Why yell out your spells?" he asked. "It looks a bit silly, to be honest."

Jessika scrowled at David, and stared shooting ice shards across the beach.
"Give me cover!" she said, as she ran down the hill and into the snow-covered landscape.

David began to chant under his breath. Golden arrows appeared, and with a gesture, David launched them at the incoming foes.
Where it hit them, it hit hard. Three fell over, and didn't get back up.
"Where are you going?" David yelled. "Hell."
With a gesture, he lowered the shield. Then, drawing his shamshir, and his new swordbreaker in the other, he ran down to help out Jessika.

Jessika doubled back through maze of snow, sneaking round a large hill and grabbing a bandit from behind.
"Frissiso!" she cried. The man froze instantly. "Forsilia Artoir" Jessika muttered.
As her arms slowly grew in size, she grabbed one of the potions she had pocketed.
'I'm going to run out of energy at this rate' she thought, gulping the liquid.

The pirates continued to roar as they leaped off the ship. One group of six of them ran together as they jumped off.
One of them stopped, and the others looked at him. "Wha'?" one of them asked.
"Did you 'ear a gruntin' noise?" he asked.
They looked up just in time to see the frozen corpse of another pirate flying through the air towards them.
It landed straight on their heads, crushing them.

Meanwhile, leaping into the action, David was confronted by three more men. He smiled at them, and charged.
Catching the first's blade with his swordbreaker, he yanked down, breaking the blade.
Then he spun and slashed a man's chest open with his longer shamshir.
Then he turned and flung the dagger at the third man- taking him in the neck.
The second man then leapt atop David, knocking him to the ground- and they began to wrestle.

David took two punches to the face, and spat.
Bringing up his knee, he managed to... put his opponent off guard...
When the man recovered, David had pulled out a hand-bow.
David leveled the bow, and fired- the arrow drilling a hole through the man's head from this brutally short distance.
David grimaced, but quickly bent over, and, grabbing his dagger and sheathing it, ran towards the next foe.

Jessika ran through the snow, heading roundabout to the ship. A pirate appeared behind a snowpile, and she shot him in the chest with a shard.
She pulled a cross bow out from under the man, and pressed her hand against the arrow.
She ran forward, and saw the ships through a thin veil of snow.
As she was looking, she saw a group of about 15 men running towards her.
She started muttering over the arrow, putting large amounts of energy into it.
She raised the crossbow and fired.

The arrow hit the first man and exploded; a huge web of sharp ice ejected from the arrow, ripping the men to shreds.
Jessika felt her energy ebbing, so she retreated to find David.

David ran onwards towards another group of 15. Hand-bow and Shamshir clasped firmly, he would block, then shot with his other hand.
He took seven down in this manner. The other eight now had him surrounded.
David, lightning-fast, threw his sword at one- skewering him- and then reached inside his pocket.
He pulled out a small vial of his own. He covered his eyes and threw it down- and a giant flash emitted from it.
After the flash recceded, David stood in the middle still- but the remaining seven had been cut down.
Grabbing his weapons again, he ran- where was Jessika?

Jessika ran through the snow and found David surrounded by a circle of corpses.
"Nice work" she commented. "Watch out!" David yelled.
Without waiting, he threw his dagger (again) past Jessika's shoulder, narrowly missing her.
A groan, and a bandit behind her toppled into the ground- dagger in his forehead.

The last of the bandits stood in two groups of three.
"You take the left group!" David called, as he himself ran right.

Jessika ran forward, deflecting arrow fire with her huge arms.
She took all three of them out with one huge swipe of her arm.
She fell on the ground, gasping.

David stopped about two metres from the last group. David gestured. Come here. All three ran forward.
One came down with an overhead blow- David stepped aside, and scythed the man's legs from under him.
He ducked under the slash of the second's and put his dagger in the first's brain.
The second bandit's life was abruptly put short by a vicious slash across the face.

David turned- and screamed loudly. The third had snuck behind him, and impaled him on his sword.
David staggered, turned and threw his sword- taking the man through the chest- a full metre and a half protruding out the front.
Then he sank to his knees, staring at the blade lodged in his own chest.

Jessika sat up and saw David lurching over in pain. Her eyes widened. "David!" she yelled.
She got up and stumbled over to where he was. She gasped at the sight of the sword.

David spoke through gritted teeth- "Take the sword out, and keep me conscious.. I can heal myself then."

Jessika went round and carefully removed the sword, then grabbed David as he collapsed into her arms.
David shook his head- he was beginning to black out. The pain was almost too much.

"C'mon David! Stay with me!" Jessika said. She reached into her shirt and pulled out another phial, this time with a clear liquid.
She poured it down David's throat, who jumped with fright at the potion's effect.

David shook his head again- and ran his hand over his hand, muttering the words.
Slowly, the wound began to close, and David's breathing became more even. Then, he sighed. "Thanks Jess."

He looked around- his wound, apparently, no longer an issue.
"I can't believe you wanted to fight them all at once. Fifty is plenty for me." He glanced at all the bodies.
"But hey! That was great fun. How many did you get?"
"Ugh, twenty five, I think" said Jessika absent mindedly.
"Are you okay?" she asked, more pressingly.
"I'm fine now. That magick is good stuff." He laughed. "I got twenty five as well!
But if every kill I got was as bad as that last one of mine..." He shook his head. "Really, thanks Jess."

Jessika leaned forward and kissed David for a minute, before helping him to his feet.

David, bloodstained, and grimy, smiled. "I'm going to enjoy those lemons now." He took hold of Jess's hand. "Let's go."

Summary: Jessika and David arrive at a new island. The village is plagued by bandits- and the intrepid duo agree to help fight them off. They take an epic stand on a beach, and kill fifty, yes, fifty bandits between them. Oh, and David gets stabbed again. It happens a lot.
Sprites!

Postby Communist » 2009.07.30 (11:38)

(( We've got a wiki now! As per Aphex's instructions. http://arstar.wetpaint.com/ Go there, and edit. I put the most basic stuff up, but we're all in this together, right? Go put some stuff up. Oh, and anyone can fix my page on David- I put it there as an example. ))
Sprites!

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.07.30 (18:29)

((Epic. Plain and simple. Thanks Phex/Comm! =] ))

((EDIT: Wait, how the hell do I add a link to something, or make new page? Help please?

EDIT2: I figured out how to make a new page, but what template do I use to make a character page? Help again.))
spoiler

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.30 (18:45)

((get on the IRC. Commy, Aphex, or I can help you.

Everyone forgets to mention me. >=[ ))

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.07.30 (19:01)

ChaoStar wrote:((get on the IRC. Commy, Aphex, or I can help you.

Everyone forgets to mention me. >=[ ))

((I can't get on IRC right now. I'll be able to in a couple of days.))
spoiler

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.31 (14:16)

((This is a little out of the timeline. It fits anywhere before we arrive at the bunker.))
The Bunker

Emmy woke up. It was time, again. Her mind gave way to the other force, and she was lifted off the bed. She glided out of Fenrir, and flew up. The desert seemed endless, until it slowly melted into ocean. She smiled, desert of sand, desert of water, they were all the same. After a time, she came to her destination: a large, grey building. It was mostly covered in sand, and a sand dune was making its way across the roof. She landed by one of the walls. On the wall, was a simplified crest of Aegis: One big circle, and two small adjacent circles, forming a triangle. She placed her hand inside the large circle, and commanded the door to open. The inside of the building was dark. The door closed behind her, and Emmy waited. A minute later, she could hear the skittering of little claws. She smiled, and waited more. A blue, oval light slowly brightened in front of her. Standing in front of her, was a rather lanky robot. "Welcome back, Master. We have anticipated your return." it's voice was smooth, and monotonous. Emmy's voice grew more alien, and her eyes changed blue. "Soon, I will come back with more people. You must attack them. If they manage to defeat you, then let them pass. If not, kill them." The robot bowed. "as you wish, Master." Emmy walked closer to it, and said "Also... Prepare for transfer to the Core of Aegis. We will be going there, if they pass. That is all." Emmy waved her hand, and walked out of the door. She ran a little, and then took off, flying back to the ship.

When she got there, she went to Jack's room, and crept into his bad, and fell asleep.

RoboBarber
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Aphex_N
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Aphex » 2009.07.31 (14:28)

BionicCryonic wrote:((Epic. Plain and simple. Thanks Phex/Comm! =] ))

((EDIT: Wait, how the hell do I add a link to something, or make new page? Help please?

EDIT2: I figured out how to make a new page, but what template do I use to make a character page? Help again.))
i've created an arstar character template now. its called "arstar character" or something like that. use that :)

Postby Communist » 2009.08.01 (10:56)

52 VS 200

David and Jessika, quite tired, and bloodstained from the long battle, stumbled back to the village.
As they arrived at the gates, a guard at the top of the gate noticed them. His eyes went wide. He ran down, and towards the pair.
"What happened?" he asked, noting the bloodstains. "Did you kill them all?" he asked
"Yeah, I got quite a few; I must of killed about twenty" said Jessika, tired and sleepy.
David put in "I got twenty five, as well." The guard shook his head in disbelief.
"That two of you can fight, and kill, fifty armed and trained bandits... we could do that as a group, maybe. But that's incredible."

The guard gestured them inside. "I'm sure that Mayor Grimmald will be happy to hear this. Please, follow me."
The two of them followed the guard in through the gates, heading across the small town.
"The name's Stanford, by the way" the guard said. "Everyone calls me by that; I haven't been called by my first name in a long time"

They reached their destination; a medium sized house at the end of the village, overlooking everything on top of a nice hill.
They went inside. The house showed that the owner, while probably quite rich, lived frugally.
David whispered to Jessika "My house is much cooler than this."
From behind a doorway stepped a short, and somewhat rounded man. "Yes!" he said, "My house is very little. But, my heart is large! And that's what matters, I think."

The man stepped out. "I'm mayor Grimmald." he introduced himself. He was a tanned man, and had a long scar running across his bald head.
"I must thank you, for saving our village. We have fighters, yes... but are few. We must hide in our villages, and let the bandits take our crops. It is a hard life." he shook his head.
"But you two! In all my life... it's incredible!" he seized David's hand, and shook it vigourously- David gingerly massaged his bruised hand afterwards.

"Come! We must celebrate! Stanford, call the town. A feast, I think." here he unleashed a fatal smile- "And for this man, as many lemons as his heart desires.
Come! The feast won't take long to set up. I'm sure everyone would like to meet you."
Taking the pair by the arms, he led them both outside- where their reward was almost for them. A feast!

Later...

Jessika woke up, a slight pain ringing in her head. She hadn't had much to drink; only a small crate of wine.
She hadn't had anything to drink since she'd left Delacrimo, and she was quite thirsty.
Jessika got up from the small bed; she had no idea where she was, and no recollection of her room at all.
She put some clothes on, and headed out into the fresh air. The air was crisp, with the smell of dew hanging in the air.
There were a few empty tables around the place, and a couple of dead fireplaces smouldering quietly.
She walked around and, gathering her bearings, made her way to the place she thought that David was staying.

David slowly got up, his head spinning like a... a... spinning top. 'That's a good one', he thought to himself.
He put his hand up. He appeared to have four. "Oh hell." David swore. "I didn't drink that much, did I?"
He moved his head, and there was a tinkle of glass. He turned slowly around. An enormous pile of bottles was splayed around him.

"Argh, my head." he said. David looked down. "I'm fairly sure I don't normally wear leotards, either. This is hideous!"
He stood up slowly- and staggered out of the small hut he was in- in search of Jessika.

David walked out, and saw Jessika blindly walking around the camp. She turned and saw David standing in a doorway wearing the most ridiculous thing she'd ever seen.
"Hey" Jessika said. She paused. "Do you remember what happened last night?"
David blinked. "Why? You aren't pregnant are you?" he looked worried at the thought. "I was hoping you'd remember.
I think that I drunk a lot... of the local speciality. It goes down like water... and hits like a hammer two hours later..."
He splashed some water on his face from a nearby tap. "Ergh." he groaned
Jessika walked over to David, putting a hand on his shoulder. She breathed deeply, then said, "Should we go see mayor?"

David staggered to Jessika. "Yeah, let's go see Grimmald. I want to ask him if he knows about this costume. I look like a... well, I look silly."
David turned quickly, and collaped. "Ueergh. I might need a hand." he said.
Jessika reached down and picked David, giving him a vigorant kiss on the lips as he came up.
David leapt up, strong. "Damn! I wish I could remember last night. I mean, did we... no. I can't remember?" he scratched his head.
Then, he began jogging to catch up with Jess, meeting her by the Mayor's front door.

"We have a platoon ready, awaiting your command" the mayor finished, Jessika and David sitting opposite.
Jessika looked over at David, her previous drunkness gone.
David blinked. "Sorry, what? I just missed a whole lot there. Why've we got a platoon?" He plucked at his costume. "And Grimmald, is this yours?"

Grimmald laughed heartily; Jessika giggled quietly.
"That must be one of the villager's. You just suddenly started dancing on top of one of the tables in it" said Grimmald, smiling ear to ear.
"I must have had a good reason for it." David said, straight-faced. Then he groaned, and ran out of the house.
Violent retching could be heard for about a minute. David came back in then, pale-faced, but now feeling a bit better.
"Yuech. I just gave your roses a good watering, Grimmald. Now, why the platoon?"

Grimmald's face turned back to a serious nature, as he addressed David.
"Well, I thought if you wanted to finish of the bandits once and for all, you may need a support force"
David whistled. "I knew I was drunk for a reason. I can remember some of it.
There were about two hundred bandits, yeah? It's suicide. Why did I agree to it?" David smiled ruefully.
"I think I got drunk about that time, when I made the choice."
He shook his hair out. "Whatever. We'll do it anyway."

"Fantastic!" roared the mayor. "When can you be ready for battle?"
David winced. "My ears... ow..." he paused. "I think I need to sleep for a few hours. We're taking the boat, aren't we?
If I sleep from now till about an hour before we fight... I can go now."
"Jess, is that fine with you?" David turned and looked at her.
Jessika raised one shoulder. "I guess; but yeah, some R&R would be good first"
"I want my clothes back too" David put in
"Haha, of course!" said the mayor. "I'll have the launderers send some to your room. Now go and rest, you've got a lot ahead of you!"

A little while later, David had recovered his gear, and, along with Jess, stood on the Juggernaught- the fifty man platoon in front of them.
David strode amongst the ranks. He saw Stanford, and nodded to him. He went back to Jess. "This is a fairly miserable bunch" he whispered to her.
"Yeah, I was expecting a little more" she whispered back. "I swear I saw someone with a pitchfork, but that might be just me"
She paused, looking among the ranks. "They are a pretty small community though, so I guess this is fairly good"

David nodded, and stepped forward. He held in his hands a flag- a purple dragon emblazoned on a white background.
"Listen up everyone. We are part of the Arstar Liberators. We aim to fight and free Seros, and to help save as many others as we can.
By fighting with us, you acknowledge us, and we thank you. You are amongst the first to join our rebellion.
And you shall not be forgotten!" he roared.
David continued. "I am General Leblanc, and this is General Steel. I assure you, she is as hard as steel. "

David pointed. "Stanford! You are now a lieutenant. Pick four seargents. Groups of ten, from there."
David turned. "General Steel, do you wish to add anything?"
Jessika stepped forward, eying the men closely, making several of them shuffle uncomfortable.
"If you want to survive on this ship, you need to be tough. I won't lead a group of sheep" she said, making almost all of them uncomfortable.
She stepped back, and looked over to David. David smiled. "I love this woman!" he announced humourously to the crowd.
He turned. "Now if you don't mind, I need to sleep. Call me when we're an hour away from them."
With that, he turned, and made his way down to the sleeping quarters.

(Later, again...)
Jessika walked down the stairs of the ship, heading down towards David's cabin. She walked in, and found him sleeping soundly in his bed.
She crawled onto the bed, and fell over next to him. She stared into his eyes for several minutes before gently shaking him awake.
"David?" she purred, as David's eyes started to lift.

David smiled shyly. "I see I got woken up by an angel. I could get used to it." he leant forward and kissed Jess on the forehead.
Then he sprang from his bed. "Now, battle... this is a large one. Armour, I think, for both of us." he said very quickly.
"I don't think plate mail is for you, Jess. Leather or chain, I suspect. Which would you prefer?" he asked.
"I can pull my weight" she said simply.
"Chain then, I guess. It's fairly heavy. Not as heavy as plate, though. Here. " he gestured Jess down to the armoury. "Let's go put it on."

Jessika followed David down to the immense armoury. He took her through the passageways of shelves containing swords, spears, maces, and every other bit of weaponry immaginable.
David stopped by one shelf, on which various armour suits were piled.
David pulled off one very heavy, and thick breastplate, and matching armour for the rest of his body.
"It's been a while since I wore this.." he said. "But it saved my life so many times."

He looked around, and pulled out some old white clothes from the cupboard next to the shelf. They appeared padded.
He stripped down to his underwear, and as he did so glanced at Jessika.
Jessika glanced over his gorgeous, sinewy body, but quickly moved her eyes back to his face before he noticed.

David slipped on the woolen white clothes for padding, and picked up his breastplate. He slipped it over his head, and turned to Jessika.
He motioned to the armour. "I need you to tighten the straps please Jess."
Jessika slowly walked over to David, carressing his shoulders. She pulled the straps nice and tight, then asked,
"What have you got for me?"
David didn't reply, but slipped on the rest of his heavy armour, and then turned to Jess.

He tossed a white shirt to Jessika first.
Put that on first. Don't want your clothes to be ruined" he explained.
"Screw that!" said Jessika, laughing. She took off her clothes and tossed them away.

David's eyebrows went straight up. His jaw dropped. He stammered a bit, and muttered a few things.
David wordlessly held out the white shirt in his hand.
Jessika reached out and took the shirt from his hand, which dropped out onto hers.
She slipped the shirt over her head, then looked around, laughing. "Got an pants lying around?" she asked.
David, still unable to speak, held out some pants.

Jessika took them and slipped them on, suddenly getting serious. "Now, do you have any chain mail on you?"

David shook his head. "Yeah." he said, slowly. He quickly looked Jess up and down, painfully aware she was looking.
"I think I got your size." David turned and picked up a chainmail vest. "Try that one on." he said.
Jessika took the vest and put it on. "It's a good fit" she said, spinning around to see all of it.
David then reached up and got the rest of the armour to go with the vest.

After about fifteen minutes, they were both set.
David and Jessika reappeared on deck, and called the other men to gather in front of them.
"Do you think we've got enough men to do this?" David whispered to Jess.
Jessika did nothing for a moment, then said "We can do this" She said it confindently, as if she was certain that they could win.
David shook his head, and hit himself. "Jess. I think Vade wants to fight this battle. What should I do?" he asked.
Jessika looked sternly at David. "Do what you feel is right" she said quietly.
She walked up the stairs to join ranks with the men.

David dropped to his knees, and began to whisper to himself- almost in conversation.
"Yeah.... I ...Won't kill them? And Jess... yeah... ok...one..." he whispered.
He stood up at once, and donned his helmet- a curious piece that left the eyes and mouth exposed- known as a barbute.
He smiled, and long fangs flashed.

Vade, for that was who he was, reappeared next to Jess on deck. "Hello Jessika!" Vade said brightly.
"David said I can't kill you, or these people here. But he said I can kill lots of these others!"
Jessika nodded solemnly, looking away from Vade.

Jessika wolf-whistled across the ship, stopping everyone moving. They gathered around the Jessika, looking slightly nervous.
"We leave for battle shortly" she announced. "We will land on the eastern beach"
Jessika paused. "We may be outnumbered" she shouted out. "But we have what none of them have. The will to win!"
"We have the element of surprise, and we have the proper equipment. And what do they have? Nothing!" Her voice rang out over the ship.
"We shall strive with all our courage and our hearts to achieve victory against the spineless bandits!"
There were cheers from amongst the men, and Jessika walked off to her post at the top of the ship.

All the others walked off too, scaling nets and pulling up the sails as they headed towards the island.
"How are the conditions today Mercelli?" Jessika said to the ship's pilot.
"Looks like we should be able to make it to the island quite quickly today" said Mercelli in a thick French accent.
"Fantastic" said Jessika, brushing past Vade as if he wasn't there.

Vade turned around, and tapped Jessika on the shoulder. "You know Jessika, David won't ever say it... but he really liked you naked.
Just thought you should know." He turned, and bounded off the the front off the boat, to check the weapons.
Jessika turned away from Vade in disgust, looking out to sea.
The island was rapidly approaching, and Jessika could see a large amount of boats mored at their dock.

'Is it usual for a small bandit hideaway to have that many boats?' she thought to herself.
Vade bounded back to Jessika. "That's unusual." he said. "Why does a small bandit hideout have so many boats?"
Vade looked about some more. Cliffs fronted most of the island, with a few rickety old buildings behind them.
Down by the beaches, a few more houses could be seen- but from here, there wasn't any sign of human activity.
"Hmm." Vade said. "Where are they?"

As Vade said this, one of the boats could be seen pulling out from the harbour. Then another. Then another. Fairly soon, an entire fleet of boats had left the harbour. And they were headed towards The Juggernaut.
"Battlestations!" Jessika yelled. Everyone started flying around the deck, getting guns primed and reading swords.

Vade swore. "It's a trap!" ((Ackbar!)) he yelled out. He turned to Jess. "David's a general. I'm not. So, you lead the men. I'll run around and kill things, ok?"
Without replying, Jessika rushed to the bow of the ship. She cast a spell to ice bulk her arms, and yelled out amongst the men. "This is it!" she yelled. "On to battle!"

Vade rushed inside, and quickly ran out holding a single red ballista bolt. The enemy, in eight ships (each of 25 men), were cutting around them, surrounding them quickly.
"Open fire!" someone yelled. A loud twang, and the ballistas fired- and men collapsed. The bandits replied with some arrows- most missed, but a few wounded- one hit a man, who fell down and didn't move again.
Vade went to one of the ballistas. "Move!" he yelled.

He slotted in the red arrow, and pulled back the winch. When it was drawn back fully, he aimed it at the furtherest boat, and fired.
It hit the side of the boat- and stayed there. Vade smiled. "Watch." The arrow- and the boat, suddenly, abruptly, exploded out of the water. The men cheered.
On the other side of the boat, two bandit ships had got close enough to board them. "Heads up Jessika!" called Vade.

Jessika ran across the boat and leaped through the air to land on the other boat. Pulling shards out of her fist she started punch the men that came near her. As she punched each one, blood came spurting out of the stab wounds.
She cast another spell, and a jet of snow shot out of her palm and froze a nearby ememy. She picked him up and swung him around, hitting several of the other men.
As more men started grouping up on her, she sprinted away from them and ran up to the mast. She climbed the rigging several metres, before casting another spell. The ice crawled futher up her arms, and consumed her up to her neck.
She jumped up and fell back down on the boat, he extra weight crashing through the hull of the ship. The boat creaked and gave way, as the nails holding the deck together snapped. The boat started to fall apart

Vade ran towards the other boat that was boarding the Juggernaught. He called for the villagers to hold, and jumped across- with full plate mail!
He landed with a thump on the deck. The twenty-five men looked at him. Vade drew his swords, and charged.

He weaved about like a dancer, a dancer of death. He ducked under the first blade, and sliced the man's chest. He whirled about, and three more collapsed before they could move.
One swung at him with an axe. Vade jumped over it, and brought both his swords down on the mans head. He turned, and threw both his blades at seperate targets- they too collapsed.
Vade drew the zweihander from his back, and began sweeping away the others, with broad bloody strokes. One man leaping to avoid the blow was almost sheared in half by the dreadful blade.
Another managed to swipe Vade with the sword- but it didn't damage the thick armour, and Vade picked the man up and threw him into the water.
After a few more strokes, one man was left standing. Vade, covered in blood, none of it his own, smiled at him. He leapt, and fell on the man. Vade pulled the helmet off- while the man vainly struggled.
Vade leant forward, and put his fangs into the man's throat. A sickening sound, like something being drank through a straw, and Vade stood up. The man collapsed- his face white, bloodless....

...Vade licked his blood-slicked lips, and casually sauntered back onto the Juggernaught.

Jessika climbed up the side of the boat and threw herself over the edge. One of the men helped her up, and she looked out to see what was happening.
There were still six fully armed ships left; two of them were being boarded, and a bloody battle ensued on them.
Jessika ran over to the steam gun, a huge beast of a machine sitting at the bow of the ship.

She ran up to it and started it up. The gears started turning and the gattlings around the end started rotating.
She hopped into the small seat and turned the cranks to aim the barrel. She moved it onto one of the more impressive looking ships at the back, and pushed up the engine.
The gears started turning faster, and steam started shooting out small vents underneath the gun.
One the engine was fully loaded, she checked the tragectory and fired.
The barrel started straining, then after a pause, it exploded as a huge shot of compressed steam shot out of the cannon-like gun.
The steam flow hit the side of the ship like a bomb; it ripped apart the hull and pushed it's way through the ship and out the other side, causing the whole ship to exploded in a cloud of steam, wood and debris.
The weapon stuttered, and a few pieces fell off. It didn't look that safe to use again. (Or indeed, even once.)

The other five boats were now all boarding the Juggernaught. The villagers were split in half- first around the steam gun, and secondly around the wheel. Vade stood at the stairs leading to the wheel.
Vade leapt across the deck into the enemy- sword flashing brightly, and screams of agony from the wounded. He was in the middle of ten enemies now. These were the better fighters.

Vade, giggling like a fool, jumped at one of them and landed on his, zweihander impaling the man- deep red blood slick on the decks.
Suddenly, he yelled, and toppled over sideways- one of the men had taken him from behind- the weakest point of the armour. Vade, still falling, cut the man in half who wounded him- then hit the deck with a thud- surrounded by those he had killed.
Two men launched themselves at Vade, going in for a quick stab. Suddenly, two huge icicles shot out through the men's stomachs. They collapsed forward, and behind them stood Jessika, blood strewn across her face.

Vade stood up, and reached behind him. He pulled out the sword, and tossed it aside. "I'm not happy about this." he said. "It happens to me a lot, it seems."
He blurred- and from behind Jessika, three men crumpled suddenly- their throats slit. "Let's go take that ship" Vade pointed. "The officers are there, I believe."
Without waiting, he bounded across the battlefield, ducking under blows, and ran across the board to the lead boat.
Jessika followed Vade, making sure to keep herself armed and ready.

Vade tossed his zweihander back onto the Juggernaught- and drew out two small, wicked daggers. "Ladies first." he commented.
Jessika leaped onto the ship and turned around to face Vade. "There's too many of them" she panted.
"We need to take them all out with a huge blow"
Vade grabbed Jessika's hand. "Summon a ball of pure nature magick, my dear. Let it flow through to me." he said.
Meanwhile, Vade began conjuring his own deathly orb- glowing spookily in his other hand.
Jessika wasn't sure what Vade was doing, but somehow, she knew she could sense David in him, and knew she could trust him.
She let her magick flow around her, powerful and free.
She pushed it into Vade, and saw his dark magick take a lighter shade.

The orb in his hand kept changing colour, eventually becoming a sickly-green- for death and nature. He let go of Jess's hand, and took it in both hands.
"We need to bail off this ship after I let go, ok?" Without waiting for a reply, he threw his arms down- and the giant orb went crashing into the deck.
The orb sank deep into the deck- and kept going. After a few second, the wood began to shrivel and rot, where it was hit.
The malign blight began to spread across the whole deck- it was clear that the whole thing was about to fall apart.

Vade seized Jess, and threw her heavily back to the Juggernaught, before jumping across himself.

Jessika watched as the boat seemed to ages hundreds of years simply sitting on the water; huge vines grew all over it as it was pulled under the waves.

Vade yelled. "Yeah! Awesome!" He turned to the wheel, and was tackled by a large man who had been behind him-
there were still about thirty bandits left on the Juggernaught. Most of them noticed the pair, and began running towards them.
Vade grappled with the man who had tackled him, but neither could get the advantage.
Jessika instantly shot a small icicle shard at the man, which pierced his skull and killed him instantly.

"Wentrana Sedvulta!" shouted Jessika, and almost suddenly the whole deck was covered in snow. It came down in thick layers, making everything invisible.
When the snow had finished falling, all the men lay dead in snow, sharp icicles sticking out of their backs.
Vade pushed the man off him, onto the deck, and stood up.

"If any of you scurvy dogs are still alive," he began to shout, relishing the pirate talk,
"I suggest that you surrender. Surrender now, and only most of you will be killed."
He waited for a reply.

His voice rang out across the waters, surprisingly loud. As the silence grew longer, a few men could be seen standing at the end of the ships that were left, waving white flags.
Vade gestured for them to come kneel on the deck of the Juggernaught. As they did so, he turned to check the villagers.
There were seven left- most of them badly wounded. Stanford was one of them- but he didn't appear badly hurt at all.

Vade asked Stanford "What's the bandit's policy on prisoners? Do they kill them? Release or random them? Or make them slaves?" he asked him, carefully.
"Usually" said Stanford "They either kill them or make them slaves."he said."From what I've heard" he added quickly.
Vade nodded. "We can always ask them." By now, the prisoners were all kneeling before him.

There were about twenty of them left- Vade, Jess, and the villagers had fought well.
Vade reached down and picked up the scruffiest one by the neck- and held a dagger at his throat.
"Quick question for you- what do you do with your prisoners?" he asked, smiling kindly.
"I dunno, just don't kill me!" he yelled, panicing.

Vade slit his throat with a sudden motion, and dropped him on the deck.
Slowly, he moved to the next one, and picked him up. "Same question." he said simply.

"Sometimes we kill 'em" he said nervously, looking at the body of his dead comrade.
"Sometimes we let 'em work for us, if them 'ave the right build, or are good at cooking or sommat"
Vade smiled benevolently. "Of course."

A long silence.
"Did you kill any, my good fellow?" he inquired.
"No! Neva!" he yelled. He was starting to sweat. "I'm just in 'ere so I can support my kids back on Eraspartus!"
Vade raised an eyebrow- "Eraspartus? Where's that?" he asked.
"It's South from 'ere!" the man shouted, tears rolling down his face. "I haven't been back in six months! Please let me live!"
Vade shrugged, and dropped the man. "Right, let's have an honest hands up- have any of you here killed a prisoner?
Don't be shy, because if you lie..." he trailed off, and looked intently man whose neck he has slit.
One man raised his hand, without looking up.

Vade smiled. "Thank you for your honesty. You may live." He gestured for the man to stand. "Anyone else now wish to confess?" he asked again.

Nobody moved.
Vade shrugged. "Are you sure? Last chance before I... I ask you personally. Alone."
His tone suddenly changed- "Believe me, you don't want me to ask you like that." he confided in the prisoners.

One man, who was sitting quietly in the corner, suddenly jumped up. He sprinted to the side of the ship, hoping to make it back to his ship.
Vade walked over to the man, each footstep echoing loudly. Vade stopped over the man- reached down, and pulled his dagger out of the writhing man.
Then, he raised his metal-covered foot, and brought it down on the man's neck, crushing his windpipe.
Vade turned away from the dying man. "Put the rest below"he said. "This battle is over."

As the men moved the remaining bandits down to the cells, Jessika walked over to Vade.
"You shouldn't have done that" she said, staring out across the ocean.
Vade shrugged- "We won, didn't we? The victor makes the calls. If we lost, I know what would happen to us." he said, somewhat cynically.

Jessika said nothing, but continued to stare at the ocean. After a long pause, she took out a phial with a liquid of pure white.
"I've been working on this. I'm not sure if it will work, but it will change you back into David when you drink it.
I'm not sure if it's permanent either; I haven't really been able to test it"

Vade stared at the little bottle. "Why would I want to turn back into David?" he asked, confused.
"You wouldn't" she said. She muttered a few words and touched Vade on the arm. He froze instantly, but she left his head unfrozen.
She poured the liquid down his throught and forced him to swallow it.
Vade coughed- and blinked.

David suddenly reappeared before Jessika. "I'm f-f-frozen..." he stuttered.
Jessika smiled, and unfroze him. He almost fell onto the deck, but Jessika grabbed him at the last minute and helped him up.
David looked down- his body was covered in gore and filth. "I guess we won then." he said.

Summary Jessika and David return to the island of Accrusio. They celebrate their victory over 50 bandits. Then, they get drunk, hilarity ensues. They, along with 50 villagers, go fight 200 Bandits, with the Juggernaught.(( Awesome fun times, read the rest. Nudity, drunkeness and graphic deaths are within. And no, I'm not joking.))
Sprites!

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.08.03 (03:17)

http://pastebin.com/f572709ca

((Sinse no one has objected to it: )) http://pastebin.com/f58261de7 (( There. ))
spoiler

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.08.03 (15:10)

BionicCryonic wrote:http://pastebin.com/f572709ca

((Sinse no one has objected to it: )) http://pastebin.com/f58261de7 (( There. ))
((You should edit the conversations, you know...))

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.08.03 (19:34)

ChaoStar wrote:
BionicCryonic wrote:http://pastebin.com/f572709ca

((You should edit the conversations, you know...))

((I think Drathe said he would do it. I forget.))
spoiler