ARSTAR ((an rpg game))

Discuss, create, and theorize about roleplaying games, tabletop games, board games, and other non-electronic interactive entertainments. Run dedicated or complex forum games here, also.

Moderator: ℎalifax

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2009.06.23 (02:20)

((Hmm, I'll try and be there, but I might not be able to. That's 11PM for me on the same day, so I'd have to get my laptop out in the middle of the night. Still, we'll see. If we do all get there, then Aphex and I can make a scene with us leaving and maybe finding Jack. Also, I agree with Aphex's comments regarding Communist's post.))

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.06.23 (05:36)

Aphex wrote:(( I have organised an irc RPGing session on #arstar at 11am gmt June 23.
(im not sure when that is for other people)

me and drathmoore will definatly be there, so i hope anyone who can make it will be there

cya at 11am!))
((that's 7 A.M. here... Any other timeslots open? How about 4 P.M.?))
((Will be there if rescheduled))

EDIT:((I am available 4 P.M. - About 6:30 P.M. (GMT)))
spoiler

Couldn't Run a Tournament for all the Iced-Coffees in China
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby Communist » 2009.06.23 (07:01)

((Sorry about that dialogue. It was late, I was tired, and not really paying much attention. And I wanted to hurry that bit along- feel free to ignore me and leave the house. Next time, I'll consult you about it. Also... I made a massive mistake somewhere. A zweihander... well, using it to stab somebody would be insanely difficult. The opposite would be decapitating someone with a rapier. My apologies for the mistakes there))

David turned over in his sleep. "Oh god, not the paint! Anything but the paint!" He cried. Then he fell back, and started snoring again.
Thanks to UniverseZero for the awesome sig!
Sprites!

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

RoboBarber
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Aphex_N
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Aphex » 2009.06.23 (16:15)

Me, communist, universezero and drathmoore had an irc Rp'ing session in #arstar. It went well, and we had our first action scene (wooh!). If you don't want to read this long post, theres a summary for you.

Also, could people please pm me with the ideal times (in GMT if you could) for IRC rp'ing for you, then i'll make a compromise. At the moment it will be
9:00 am GMT tommorow. (24th june)
Conversation

Jessika looked nervously up the stairs towards where David was sleeping "Are you sure? We shouldn't ruin David's hospitality". Takun sighed,
"Okay, maybe we should wake hi..." He was interuppted by the sound of shouting and screaming coming from the street, Takkun stepped towards the window to see what all the fuss was about, and saw a man with a trilby hat being chased by a angry crowd, Takkun turned back to jessika, "do you know who that man is?".

Jessika moved to the window to see the man, she had a photographic memory, and she instantly recognized the him, "He was at the bar when we almos got captured. I wonder why he's being chased..." she pondered. Takkun realised the crowd was armed to the teeth, each one carrying a deadly weapon. "we've got to help him, he'll be torn to pieces!" he rushed to the door, and swung it wide open, "come on" shouted Takkun as he hurried out
into the street.

"Wait!..." yelled Jessika pathetically. Great, now I have to save -two- people, she thought bitterly, before she ran after him, unsheathing her Sabre while she ran.

The man was Jack. He turned round, then he realised that he'd run up a cul-de-sac 'Right, well, isn't this going to be interesting...' he thought while he grasped the hilt of his sword, 'Right... it's about... 10 to 1, at least. I think my odds are alright, I guess...'. He decided to speak out,
"Why are you chasing me again?" All he got back were twisted smiles.Takkun stopped at the corner of the house, peering round he saw the man standing in the middle of the road, preparing for a bloody battle, he had to act now, or it would be too late. Takkun took a deep breath, and stepped out into the middle of the street;

"STOP! BY THE NAME OF THE ELDER I cOMMAND YOU TO STOP" he shouted towards the mob, who stood still.

Jessika could hear Takkun's shout. "Oh, God..." she whispered, while hurrying towards the sound.

"I AM NICOLAS, ONE OF THE SEROS SHOCKERS!"

Jack turns round to Takkun, he recognizes his face, "wait, isn't that..."

"I HAVE BEEN SENT TO TAKE THIS MAN IN FOR TREASON!"

Confused jack shouts back "What!?".

Jessika stops at the edge the wall, "What the hell are you doing?!" she whispered to Takkun from a few metres away.Takkun was shaking with nerves, if he kept his confidence up, he could convince the crowd, or at least act as a distraction for the man to escape

Suddenly one of the members of the mob retorted, "Hey! You're that other guy from the bar!" The mobs looks of confusion shifted to glares of anger, takkun froze on the spot, "ah shit...". He turned to the man shouting,
"GET OUT OF THERE!". Takkun turned on his heels an ran, sprinting towards the house, but he could already hear the mob rushing behind him, he'd never
make it to the house...

Suddenly Jessika rounds the corner and throws her sword at one of the towns people, it strikes him in the chest, piercing through his ribcage, the man slumped to the floor. While they're startled Jessika runs up to them and pulls the sword from the man's chest. She then slices at another man, cutting him across his stomach, causing him to fall to the ground in pain. The men start reacting, pulling out weapons and getting ready to attack. "Heh... Now, where were we..." said jack. Jessika turns to him quickly,
"Cover your eyes and run!" she yells at Jack. She throws her arm downwards and a small phial shoots out and hits ground, it explodes into a cloud of smoke and light.

Takkun reached the door to the house, a feeling of cowardice in his heart. Suddenly he hears a small bang, and turning round, he sees the man and Jess running back to the house. Takkun quickly turns to the door he goes to open it. It won't budge. Takkun's heart begins to pound, and seconds after his fists do the same, pounding on the door. The door swings open, "heh, maybe it wasn't locked" said Takkun breathing a sigh of relief.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!" David was screamed at Takkun from the stairway, making him jump, "Oh... er... Hi Takkun. What's up?"

Jessika rushes through the door and looks back and making sure the man's gotten through the door, she quicly slams and locs the door. She then turns to the others, "We need to leave. Now." Confused, Jack questions Jessika, "Leave? I've only just got here! And your saying this place isn't safe anmore?! But... oh no, we've lead the group here... Crap"

Takkun quickly realises how they can get out of this, turning to the group he organises the plan, "David, if the crowd somes here, answer the door, and send them away, we'll hide out in the basement". Takkun quickly turns and hurries to the basement, waving the others to follow.

David looked at the trio retreating into his basement, and angrily shouted "If I lose my house because of you, I'll be very angry!" he stalked down to the front door, and yanked it open, an incredible anger had built up in him. About twenty people, weapons raised, suddenly paused, and stared. "What the hell do you want now!" David yelled, "I just woke up, and really want to hit someone!"

After some murmuring, one of the crowd stepped foward "We're searching for a silver haired girl, you didn't see her did you?" the other members of the crowd moved about nervously. David stared at the man, "No, I haven't seen anyone like that." David paused. Time for something drastic. He pulled out a notepad, from just by the door, and began to furiously write notes. The crowd looked at one another questioningly. David finished off his notes and faced the crowd, "Now, in accordance with the law of the Jackdaw, laid down in 156, I am now allowed to formally charge you under the following:

A) trespassing..
B) Forming a group of ten or more people with malicious intent...
C) illegal possession of unregistered weaponry..
D) waking up a prosecutor.

I'm afraid I will have to now take down your names and addresses."

A weedy man at the back piped up "hang on, that last one isn't real!" david turned to him, "I can get you hung for it anyway." David then turned to the leader but before he could even open his mouth the man was begging for forgivness, "heh, i was joking, ha ha! um... lets just leave it, we'll continue our search elsewhere, sorry to have troubled you". David glared at the man, "Damn right you are."

The crowd began to rapidly disperse, fearing the legal wrath of the tall albino, except the weedy man at the back though, who was couldn't move because of his fear. He was holding a poorly maintained crossbow, and he began to shake. There was a twang, and under the pressure, the crossbow broke... and fired a shot, which flew through the air smashing into David's shoulder.

"AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGH!!!!! David roared, clutching at his shoulder, with enormous self restraint, David managed to hiss "go... away... now!!!" with that, he slammed the door on the fleeing crowd, and collapsed against it.

Jessika heard a startling cry from the room above, then the door slam. She ran up to door to see David sprawled out against the door, blood gushing from a wound on arm and dripping onto the floor. "David!" Jessika yelled as she ran up to him and stared at the wound.Takkun followed Jessika slowly, stopping in shock at davids wound, he was closley followed by Jack.

"Are you in pain?" asked Jessika.
"Just kiss me and I'm sure I'll be fine" David replied through gritted teeth. Jessika ignored his comment, "Here, this might help." Jessika reached into her shirt and pulled a small phial out of her bra, "Drink up" she snapped. Jack stepped forward, "How bad's the damage? Is this a fatal wound?".

David reached for the phial, and missed it completely, he gave a groan, and then slumped down, unconscious. Jessika poured the green-ish liquid down David's throat, then turned to Takkun and Jack, "Come on, let's get him up to his bed." Takkun stepped towards David and took a hold of his feet, Jessika grabbed David's arm and swung it over her shoulder an ordered jack to get his other arm. The three of them then carried David up to his room and rested him softly on the bed. Jessika turns to the group, "We need to get off this island. Tonight. David said something about a boat didn't he" she turned to david, who whimpered quietly.

Jack interupted "Wait.. What? A boat? Off of the island? Are you insane?!" Jack looked at the two of them. Takkun turned to jack "Are you telling
me that you are happy with the rule of the elder?", jack was taken back,
"No. But from what I've heard, trying to leave is suicide".

Takkun sighed, "We need an engineer for our escape, we can't survive on the open seas without one. I'm guessing by the wording 'egwelln' engraved on the hilt of your sword that you are the son of the great inventor Macrone Egwelln, inventor of the most recent ship engine and generator." Jack nodded, "Thats right bu..." Jack stopped and shook his head, "This is crazy, I'm stuck with a criminal, a tank, and... Someone else. But i want to help..."

Jack was interuppted suddenly by Jessika, "The word 'criminal' is very prejuduce". Jack looks at her thoughtfully, "Prejudiced? Hmm. It sounds like there is a different side to the story then..."

David raised his head a little. "Ugh... Guys, I can tell you where my pretty boat is..." He said, while groaning from the pain in his shoulder, "But I want my damn kiss first." Jessika grabs Jack by his hair and smashes his face down onto Davids.

She turns to David, a triumphant look on her face, "Happy?". David groaned, now with two sources of pain. "Ow..." .Jack stood up shakily, rubbing his head, "No, not really!What the hell was that for?!". Jessika looked sympathetically at him, "Sorry about that Jack, it was either you or Takkun"
Jessika tenderly kissed Jack on the forehead, smirking at David, "Better?". David sighed, "You're breaking my heart here doll".

Takkun glared at the group, "this is no time for games you guys! David, we need to know the location of your boat."

David sighed again, "Alright, I'll tell you where the boat is. I'll have my kiss later, though... Alright. Do you know the Seros wineries?"
"Are those the big fields on the eastern part of the island?"
David nodded.
"yeah i know them"
"Well, drop by and pick me up a bottle. Then head off to the western marsh".
Takkun sighed, then Jessika suddenly grabed David be the throught. "Alright!" David raised his hands. Jessika loosened her grip.
"In the western marsh, look for the sign pointed towards the 'Bear's hill, head due north-west, and then when you reach the cliffs... jump."
David then slumped back, exhausted by the talk and Jessika's actions.

Takkun was confused, "What jump? but thats... Right, lets go now, we have no time to waste, guys help me with david, we're leaving tonight."

Summary
Takkun and Jessika help jack escape from the angry mob, with a helping of violence. David is shot by a crossbow, which hits him in the shoulder. The group are now in David's house, and know the location of his ship is in the Western Marshland of the island. They decide to travel there, carrying the unconcious David.

Cowboy Magician
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Drathmoore
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.06.24 (08:15)

((I guess then, seeing as the main action will be taking place via irc, then we can also use the main thread for inside thoughts of the situation. Similar to a monolouge, in some respects.

Also, because of the somewhat cynical nature of Jack, I'll probably have him making a lot more side comments in conversations, like I was doing in the latter half of our conversation yesterday. If I have anything important to say, I will begin it with a * to note this. Of course, if anyone doesn't want me to do this, that's perfectly fine.

Actually, that is a good idea. If anyone has an important idea or speech that they don't want interrupted, what if they were to begin it with a *? Let people know it's important.

Ooh. Son of the great Macrone Egwelln. I like it. And interesting you should note that he was the inventor of the latest ship engine; I was going to involve something like that...

Right then...))

Jack's Monolouge

How do I end up in these situations? Atleast I can confirm my observation earlier. These definately are not normal people. Takkun, I believe he was called. Quite brave, but at the same time foolhardy. Although, him and Jessika both risked their lives to save a complete stranger. I'm lucky that I'm of use, but even still. It wasn't worth the injury to David.

It's another of those half-full, half-empty moments. On one hand, I was lucky to run up this street and run into the group from earlier. Otherwise I'd be a kebab right now. But on the otherhand, my actions led to the injury of another person. I'm not a doctor; I don't know whether it's fatal or not. But he's unconcious, which is never a good sign.

Walking further down the road of guilt, I feel bad for what I said to Jessika. Maybe it was the adrenaline, or my own haste, but I should have withheld on the 'criminal' statement. I guess your view of things becomes corrupted when the only knowledge of it you gather is from other people, of which you therefore already have a subjective view. But, I still shouldn't have...

I need to make amends at some point. But now's not the time. It's starting to get dark...

((And now, for the main event. I've put it here as opposed to double-posting))
The Conversation

The three carried David down the stairs to the door of the house, they all strained under his massive weight. Takkun faced Jessika, "We need to find a better way of carrying him, we can hardly manage the stairs, let alone a treck to the marshland!" he said. Takkun looked at them both. "Any ideas?"

The group carry David outside, only to come across a rather old, dusty wagon. It was broken in a few places, and in others the wood was starting to rot, but would be enough to carry David for a while.

Takkun smiled. "Aha! Just what we needed!" He signalled to Jessika and Jack. "You ready guys? Heave!"

The three strained, but with a triumphant push lifted David onto the wagon. The wagon creaked a little, and the floor seemed to bend downwards. 'I don't care if muscle weighs more than fat, my back hurts!' Jack thought to himself.

The three of them hauled the wagon with all their strength. The wagon, while easier to handle, was still carrying David's weight.

"Are we forgetting anything?" Jack asked, making sure they didn't forget anything important that would be necessary. "Anything that we'll need?

"I'm not sure, but I think we'll be fine" Takkun replied with haste. "We need to get to the marsh as quickly as possible"

"Right then. This thing is a bit old, bit worse-for-wear, but it'll hold... Hopefully" Jack answered. The three set off, pulling the wagon down the deserted main street. It was dark and gloomy, only lit up by the moonlight that fell upon the cold brick. It was silent, and lifeless.

"It should only take us 5 minutes or so to reach the main gate" said Takkun.

The gate was now visible; they were only a hundred metres away or so. A large structure, mage of brick and wood, that guarded the entrance in and out of Seros. The only way in and out, bar climbing a wall (which was near impossible under normal circumstances, let alone with a wagon), was through here. Unfortunately, it was guarded.

"Ohhh s***!" Takkun exclaimed. A guard from the left side of the gate noticed the group approaching, and walked forward. Jessika climbed aboard the wagon, to prevent being seen.

"STOP!"

Takkun looked at Jack and Jessika.

"What do you think you're doing pal?" The guard asked. He had a weary look in his eye, but at the same time was obviously tired.

Jack stepped forward. "Yes. Our friend here is injured. He needs medical attention, and rather quickly".

"There's a hospital a few blocks over. Why are you taking him out?" the guard asked.

"We've been there" replied Jack, "They can't deal with the wound".

"What is it?"

"Er...." 'Crap', Jack thought. He turned to look at Takkun, as if to ask "Any ideas?"

Takkun quickly answered, "The truth is that its a serious case of Gripwort!" He put on a worried look. "He probably won't make it through the night!"

"Yes! Gripwort! That's what it is!" Jack exclaimed, in a somewhat confused voice.

"Gripwort, hey?... why's he bleeding?" the guard asked.

"His mother and father live in the western marshlands" Takkun answered, carefully avoiding the question. "Please! There is no time!"

'What the hell is Gripwort...' Jack pondered.

"Hmm. Very well. This Gripwort thing seems serious, though I've never heard of it before..."

"Thank you so very much" Takkun said wth a pleased facade.

"Go on through. I hope your Friend survives the night".

"Thank you" Jack answered, walking back to the wagon. Takkun nodded; they both picked up the wagon. The guard beckoned to his collegue to open the gate. The metal barrier slowly lifted, creaking slightly. The two dragged the wagon through the gate and out of seros. When they were far enough out, Jess jumped out and helped pull the wagon.

"Even with this wagon, he's still bloody heavy...." Jack commented. The three continued down the path. As they walked, it became increasingly less clear the further they moved away from Seros. Suddenly, up ahead, they see a dark shadow, standing across the path. It's a man. The group halted. They could obviously see that this man had hostile intent.

"Your money or your lives! This is highway robbery!" He shouted.

Jack called back, "I pick option C".

The Highwayman paused for a second, looking confused. "Huh?"

"We go merrily on our path" Jack explained, with a grin.

"That's not an option, I'm afraid..." was the reply, slightly annoyed.

"It never is..." Jack sighed. The bandit hefted a crossbow to the aiming position, loaded and ready. Takkun almost immediately reacted, taking one of Jessika's daggers from its sheath. He threw the dagger. It spun through the air, glinting in the fog.

The bandit stood still. "Heh." The crossbow fell out of his hands, and he fell back to the ground. A dagger, now red, sticking out from between his eyes.

Takkun turned to look at the group, recieving funny looks.

"That was lucky..." Jack said, bewildered at the stunning kill. "Right. Another person not to pick a fight with..." Without a moment's notice, Takkun slumped to the floor, fainting from the shock of killing a man. Jessika and Jack ran forward to help him. "Not again..." Jack said.

David began to stir in the wagon.

Jessika grabbed Takkun from under the armpits and hauled him onto David. "Ow!" David shouted. "Ergh... My arm hurts... What happened...?

Jack, who had gone to inspect the highwayman, turned to see what was going on.

"Oh, sorry David, I thought you were unconscious." Jessika replied.

"He's awake?" asked Jack.

David carried on, "And my head hurts... And someone's on top of me..." Jessika promptly moved Takkun so David could get up. She then placed Takkun carefully back on the cart.

"There's an arrow in my arm." David said, noticing the thin strip of wood sticking out from his shoulder.

"You were hit by one of the mob, remember?" Jack told him, "And then you fainted"

"Oh yeah... hey, I sure got legal on those guys, hey?" David laughed desperately. There was little reaction; Jessika raised an eyebrow.

"Right. Onto the more pressing matter..." Jack called over. "What about this one?" he said, pointing at the corpse of the highwayman. "We can't just leave him in the middle of the road..."

"Drag him off the road and take anything of value from him." Jessika instructed in a calm voice.

David looked at the arrow in his arm. He gritted his teeth, and with a yell, snapped the arrow off just before the point it entered his body. He turned to Jack and Jessika. "Get me his clothes... I'll need a sling for this arm..."

"Whatever you do. Don't faint again" Jack said in a cynical voice. "My back hurts like hell". He crouched down by the corpse, and put his left hand on the corpse's forehead. With his right hand, he grabbed the hilt of the dagger, and pulled it out. He turned to Jessika. "Right. Want this back?"

"Hey! It's Jake! When did you join us? I'm so confused at the moment." David said, slightly dazed.

"Jack. And right at the moment when I heroicly saved you from that crowd" Jack replied, in a serious tone. Jessika took back the dagger, and slid it into one of her hidden sheaths.

"I think I remember saving some people... I don't think you saved me..." he said, confused. "Here, pass me his clothes"

"He did" Jessika snapped. Jack smiled, seeing that she had caught on with his joke. He took the highwayman's shirt, and tossed it over to David.

"Oh, right then..." David seemed fairly vague at the moment. He took up the shirt, and deftly ripping the cloth between his teeth, made a crude sling. " Jessika, could you tie this on please?" He said with a smile. Jessika walked over and tied it, pulling it very tight. David winced, but said nothing.

Jack, while disgusted at the prospect of searching a dead man, rushed the search. "Not much on this one" He said, "And I don't feel comfortable touching dead people"

"What weapons has he got?" David asked. "And who killed him, anyway?"

"That would be the man whose just taken your place" Jack answered, pointing at Takkun in the wagon.

"Takkun huh... I never would have thought he could kill someone." David said.

"I don't think he did either" Jack replied. He went to check the boots of the highwayman, to see if there was anything hidden there. Jessika approached the corpse, and quickly harnessed his crossbow onto her back. She then pit-pocketed any jewlery on him at a lightning pace. She looked at Jack, "You gotta be quick in my buisness"

"Oh man... where's my overcoat? Where's my Zweihander?" David called.

Jessika pulled out the Zweihander from her back. "Here you go." David took the blade, and clumsily dropped it.

"I think my left arm's not working at the moment..."

"Maybe you shouldn't carry that around" Jessika suggested nicely.

"Yeah... could you put it on the wagon please?" David asked, "I still got my other weapons... I guess I'll fight one-handed for a while." Jessika took the weapon and sheathed it again.

Jack looked at Jessika, "If I may ask, what did you give him earlier?"

"It was a potion of my own creation... it's meant to get rid of pain and cure ailments" She answered, turning to David. "Frankly, I'm glad you're still alive." Jessika said the last part jokingly, sticking out her tongue a bit. David smiled wanly at this.

"Well. At least we now have someone who knows where we're meant to be going" Jack said, watching the two like constantly bickering siblings.

"How far are we from the marshes? We should keep going. I think I can walk." David asked, moving around a little.

Jack looked back in the direction of which they had come. "I'd say we're about half an hour from Seros." He said. "And I damn well hope you can walk.." Jack rubbed his back. "I'm not pulling you again"

"Alright... We're about another half-hour away from my ship then." David said, ignoring Jack's comments. "I can't carry the wagon... I'll lead the way."

Jessika easily picked up the wagon with Takkun in it. "Atleast Takkun is lighter" Jack said, picking up the other side of the wagon. David drew his stilleto from his boot-sheath.

"Tally-ho then!"

The group started walking down the path, David leading by about a couple metres. By this point, the fog had started to clear, revealing a yellowish-white path, coloured so by the light of the moon. Surrounding the path were grassy fields, and to the north and west were large mountain ranges, towering upon the horizon. A distant lake shone in the twilight.

Jack looked at Jessika, and after debating it in his mind, spoke. "About earlier..." Jessika looked at him. "I think I owe you an apology. For the whole "criminal" statement"

Jessika shrugged; "I get that a lot"

"And thanks for saving me with that phial. You still owe me one, remember!" David said. He continued to walk forwards.

"So, tell me then" Jack said, turning back to Jess, "What's your side of the story then?"

"What, how I ended up a wanted criminal, living on the streets?" Jessika replied, a hint of disgust in her voice.

"In a manner of speaking" Jack said.

"Heh, well, as a kid, I was never happy. Everyone was so uptight." She said, gazing upwards. "There were too many rules, and people didn't want to have fun. Something came up about the government, and I knew it was their fault our country was a mess..." She looked at Jack. "I said some pretty reckless things then, but I still stand by them"

"And for that, you're a wanted criminal?" Jack asked. "For saying a few things and annoying a few people? Harsh..."

The group continued to walk along the path. It was satrting to become muddy, of which slowed down the wagon a little. The grass became boggy. "I wonder how far it is to this boat..." Jack asked. "Although, considering the condition of this wagon..."

"If you ask me, David has no idea where he's going; but I guess we have no other option." Jess replied.

"Probably. He still seems a little dazed. Not a side effect of that potion, is it?"

"Well, it may-" Jessika started

"Wait!" David called. He has suddenly stopped. "We're here..."

"Good" Jack said, lowering his side of the wagon. "So... Where is it then?"

"Well, see the cliffs? And the sign? We just have to... jump." Jack walked up to the edge.

"That's... A long way down."

"Not off the cliffs you fool!" David shouted. "Jump around a bit. There's a secret hatch around here somewhere, under the grass. Jump around until you find it"

"Ooh. This looks like fun!" Jack said in a sarcastic tone. "Any idea where in the grass it is? So we don't spend hours jumping around in vain"

"Er... it's in front of that sign there..." He said, pointing at the sign "and... it stops around the cliffs. Approximately."

"I'm going to look like a complete moron, aren't I..." Jack said. "Well. This thing isn't going to find itself

"Jessika, why don't you help him?" David said, grinning. Jack proceeded to take his hat off. Holding it in his hand, he started jumping around the area of which David had described. Mud splashed all over him. Jessika stood where she'd put the wheelbarrow down, silent and with her arms crossed. David stood there, arm in the sling, his face half-grimacing, half smiling.

"I hope you're enjoying me making an idiot of myself for your entertainment!" Jack shouted over to the other two.

"I am, very much so" said Jessika.

"Where is this bloody thing anyway!"

David nodded at Jessika. "Nice work. Alright Jake, stop jumping now."

"Are you ever going to stop calling me Jake?"

"It's just here." Ignoring Jack's question, David stepped behind the sign about 5 paces, crouched, and lifted up a hatch, disturbing the earth around it.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Jack said, angry yet exhausted. He put his hat back on his head.

"I wanted cheering up. Thanks Ja... Jake." Jack looked at him sternly. "Er, Jack."

"Well, I'm here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week" Jack said sarcasticly. "Now. The boat?"

"Down here." David pointed at the hatch "Grab everything on the wagon. It's alright, it's just stairs."

"Jess, could you give me a hand with Takkun?" Jack asked. Jessika hoisted Takkun out of the wheelbarrow and hung him over her shoulder. Takkun stirred a little, but didn't wake.

Jack took Takkun's other arm, and projecting his voice at David, said. "You know, my back feels perfectly fine now" The tall albino paused at the bottom of the stairs, and flicked a switch. There was a sudden flash, as lights came on. And there it was.

"Behold! My pride of the sea! The juggernaut!" David exclaimed.

It's pretty dialouge heavy, so here's the summery.

Summery

Jessika, Takkun and Jack carry David to a wagon, and leave the city of Seros. They are ambushed by a highwayman, who is killed by Takkun. Takkun faints at the prospect of killing someone, but David recovers. Jessika picks up the crossbow of the highwayman. David snaps the arrow in his shoulder, but realises that he cannot use his left arm, leaving his Zweihander temporarily useless. They continue on to the Marshland, where Jack is fooled into acting like an idiot for David's amusement. David opens the hatch, and leads them to his boat.

As a notice, we may be taking a break for a while, as a chance for other players to catch up with us. IRC is going to be normally about 9:00 AM in the morning (GMT) as far as I am aware, so if someone else can confirm that...

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.06.24 (21:00)

((Anyone good for 7 P.M. - 5 A.M. GMT? That's about the only time I can IRC.))
spoiler

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.06.24 (21:05)

((5 AM would be a little difficult for me, and I would have thought for Aphex as well...))

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2009.06.25 (07:24)

Drathmoore wrote:((5 AM would be a little difficult for me, and I would have thought for Aphex as well...))
((That would actually be perfect for me... ;_;))

((But yeah, great editing Drathmoore, it was perfect; I loved how you added the bits to describe the marshland. Just make sure to speel check next time ;) ))

RoboBarber

Postby Aphex » 2009.06.25 (10:41)

((Im going to put in a detailed description of david's boat))

-The boat was splendid, with "The Juggernaut" written on the side of the ship in magnificant writing. It was a huge contraption, with magnificant sails, but it looed as though these were just a backup to the metalic monstrousity on the back, which jack instantly recognised as his fathers "steam engine". At one point this boat would have been the pride and joy of its owner, but it was looking a little worn, but it was still impressive, and definatly sea worthy.

David quickly walked towards the boat, ushering the others to follow. Jack and Jessika, still awestruck, eased up takkun, and carried him to the boat.

The boat was sitting in a cave, which seemed to double up as a cave. The boat itself was huge, it was tethered to the rocks around it, with a small wooden walkway leading to the deck.

The three of them carefully paced up the walkway to the deck, carrying Takkun with them. On the deck was a captains office, and it fell into the grandeur that bestowed the rest of the ship. Within the captains office were all sorts of naval trinkets, although there were no maps, only blank pieces of paper.

At the front of the ship was the steering wheel, crafted from oak, like the rest of the ship. Although unlike the rest of the ship it seemed untouched by the steampunk style, with no sign of metal or mechanical devices.

David ushered the group to a staircase at the front of the ship, they travelled down to the lower deck, where they saw a large hallway lit by oils lamps which dangled from the ceiling. The inside of the ship slotted much more into the steampunk style, with pipes weaving in and out of the ceiling.

David led turned the corner and opened the door to the dining room of the ship. This was also lit by the flickering orange glow of oil lamps. The dining table was made of deep red mahogony, with detailed carvings in it. There were windows all along the walls, giving a veiw out onto the front of the ship.

David sat down, as did the others....

((Todays conversation is cancelled, so we will continue the story tommorow. although, bio, i'll be on at 7pm GMT, so we can talk about arrangements, plots and stuff, though anyone is free to come along.))
ARSTAAARRR.JPG
the ship layout

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.06.28 (06:20)

((4:00 P.M. - 3:30 A.M. GMT. New schedule since I'm finally home, though wakeup may change.))

((Using 3rd person for sake of ease. More of 2nd person, as it portraits exactly what he's thinking but follows his advent form a distended veiwpoint.))

Sypha slyly followed the group, often trailing behind 50 meters, but always keeping an eye on what was going around. While disgusted by kill of the highwayman, he respected the fact that Takkun felt remorse. Not fining anything of use on the body, he kept on his sly journey. If they really were to go off the island, he wouldn't want to miss out. He thought that he might even be accepted for once more in his life. Pockets crammed full of potions, he drank a simple hunger-covering potion. He'd have to eat, but the potion would mask the pangs.

He followed the group into the bay, where he saw the massive ship. Awestruck but not paralyzed, he wieghed his chances of sneaking on now. He could get a good dash while the were talking. Gathering all of his willpower, he quickly sprinted towards the boat, whilst taking care to be as silent and covered as possible. He created a small rustle or two, but nothing big, and as he got on, he quickly hooked around the mast, taking care to stay hidden. So far so good, but he'd have to hurry. Eyeing the boat, he found a door not to far from where he was, and dashed through. Stairs leading down! A good thing to be sure. Sypha spotted the nearest bedroom on his left and dashed in and grabed the sheet from the bed. Carrying it with him, he ran downstairs again and looked around. Finding what looked to be storage, he went into the farthest cranny right behind the stairs and waited.

((How does it feel to be boarded? =3))
spoiler

RoboBarber

Postby Aphex » 2009.06.28 (23:17)

--
ANOUNCEMENT
--
1)From now on irc conversations for RP'ing will be held every friday and saturday on #arstar. The default time is between 9am-11amGMT.

2)everyone who is interested in participating in IRC conversations please pm me with the times (in GMT)that would be best for you. Hopefully i can sort out a time where everyone can chat...

Postby Communist » 2009.06.29 (09:57)

(Extract of a book found in David's closet- Magick on Arstar. Almost certainly banned by the Elder council.)

...and yet, everyone born onto Arstar has this wonderous gift, a dual affinity. In recent times, with the coming of the Elder council,
magic power is being suppressed- less and less go through the 'guiding', and there are less and less 'Guiders' left to awaken... this
author fears for the future of magick on Seros...

Magick is divided into two sub-categories- that which uses 'ether' (Or mental power), and that which uses 'power' (Physical power)
Within each sub-category lies five seperate 'affinities'- each one related to people and the world. If one uses too much magick, they
run the riskof exhaustion, falling unconscious, falling into a coma, or in extreme cases, death. Magick is unforgiving-
it takes what is needed for the spell,and no less. Every person on the world, as previously mentioned, has two affinities.
These often complement the person's nature, and it is rare that the two affinities are opposites.
A few exceptions exist, as always. A Burn and Flow magickian is also known as a steam-wizard- a not uncommon sight in these days.
Some more complement each other- such as the Burn and Nature mage- the strongest of these are 'Volcano-mages'.

Below is a list of the ten affinities, and brief notes on each of them. Note that the order identifies the opposite- Burn (#1),
and Flow (#6), can be seen as opposites.

Affinities relying on 'power'

#1 Burn. Also known as fire, it is associated with heat, power, and anger. Able to manipulate fire and heat- but lower grade users may need
a strong heat source to begin with. Higher ones can gather heat from cold temperatures, and ones higher still may even generate heat from anger.

#2. Nature. Also known as earth, is is associated with all things natural- plants, dirt, and animals. Users can do several things ranging in
skill- talk to animals, cause plants to grow, manipulate earth, (to create hills, or walls), and at the highest rank, cause earthquakes.

#3 Charge. Also known as lightning, these users focus on electricity. Can shoot lightning, manipulate electricity, and even store electricity
in their own bodies. Their lightning shield is well-known in the military. Many carry batteries with them- as a backup energy supply.

#4. Body. A purely physical affinity, these users are typically brute powerhouses. Their powers can alter the body- from getting stronger,
to having 'iron skin', to even breathing underwater. The greatest users can mimic certain animals, and take their form. The most 'power' draining.

#5. Death. Also Dark magic. Generally not widely accepted in public, the user takes power from both death and darkness. They can manipulate both-
examples include draining light, a 'dark ball', conjuring, and summoning. The most powerful death magic requires the death of a sentient being.

Affinities relying on 'ether'

#6 Flow. Cool and collected, also known as water. They are adept with water, moving it about, creating it, draining it. Waves and high-pressure
blasts are this user's domain- the isle of Sitnalta was sunk by a single water mage's tidal wave. The user generally needs water to use it though.

#7. Atmos. This air magick is one of the favoured ones. Creating and using winds is their skill- and it's well know. Wind that can cut is a well-
documented magick, and many sailors have been eased by the breeze they create. Most famous is their ability to, at high grades, fly- not to be underestimated.

#8. Pale. The ice magick, whose users are generally as cold as they ice they use. Many murders cleared up after it became clear that an ice sliver
hurled by a pale mage is quite fatal- and hard to trace. They can freeze water, make it cold, and generally can form ice weapons- and shields.

#9. Mind. A purely mental magick, and a downright tricky one at that. It uses the most 'ether', as well. These users exhibit a wide variety of
techniques- from telepathy, telekinisis, to hypnotism, and the art of suggesting. The users are generally very intelligent.

#10. Life. Light magick by other words. Associated with light, goodness and healing. Healing is well understood, but the other powers can't
be overlooked. Their light shield is powerful, the 'burning' light is feared, and it is rumoured some can even revive the dead...

Most users who have been guided learn a wide variety of other skills that do not require an affinity- such as alchemy, minor spells
and cantrips, teleportation, and enchanting and creating magical items. Most of these are learnt from a master of such a skill.

... It is said that a few items exist that induce a third affinity upon a person. Even more unusual, they are not the standard ten,
but said to be six magicks that are not currently able to be learnt... thus far, the only peoples who have been able to replicate items
to this effect are... (Page is blank after this point. Next page missing- and resumes on a different topic)
Sprites!

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.07.05 (19:06)

((I call Pale and Burn! Possible Life in place of Burn, or Death. Any suggestions? (I AM going to do pale no matter what though) Also, shouldn't body be matter? Or would that fall in a mixture of Atmos / Flow / Nature? Magick is fun to explore! =D))

((After discussion with Communist, I have chosen my set. 60% Pale, 20% Nature, and 20% Mind.))
Last edited by Yoshimo on 2009.07.06 (04:26), edited 1 time in total.
spoiler

Postby Communist » 2009.07.06 (04:15)

(( two things, I've edited my last post, with the magick text, and I've also editted my first post, with a detailed description of David's past. I've had it for a while, but hadn't put it up., Enjoy. And here's two conversations that happened recently.
The escape from Seros Text

David stood on the deck, spead his arms, and proclaimed: "What do you think of my ship?"
"It's amazing" said Jessika, said, confounded.
"It's... familiar... somehow" Jack put in.
"I find myself thinking the same thing... about my body..." David put in this remark slyly.

From the floor, Takkun groaned, his eyes slowly opened, and the orange light came flooding in.
"Takkun! Welcome back!" David gave Takkun a hearty greeting.
"Gah!" Takkun cried out, shielding his eyes from the brightness of the oil lamp
"You're awake" Jack noted.
"uurrgghh, where am I?"
"Are you okay?" Asked Jessika
"yeah...."
"How do you feel?"
"A bit light headed, and quite confused..."
David murmured something about his busted shoulder in the background.
Takkun sat bolt upright, and he looked around the room.
What do you think of my Juggernaught, Takkun?
"this... this..." takkun turned to David, "is this the ship!?" a smile was beginning to form on his lips
"Hells yes. Like it?"

Takkun breathed a sigh of relief, "yeah, its... Urgh, I shouldn't have sat up that fast, my heads killing me now"
Takkun relaxed back on the sofa. "Here, let me help you with that" Jessika rushed to him.
"I hate to butt in" said David, "but we should leave soon. Before we get found by someone. Who knows, someone might sneak aboard."
While David was talking, Jessika took another small phial from a pocket somewhere on her cloak. She handed it to Takkun.
"Well, atleast you don't have any physical damage..." This was from Jack. "And nice kill earlier, by the way"
Takkun drank down the phial
"Not really a fan of killling, but that was an exception" Jack noted.
David murmered something about being ignored completely.
"What was that David?" said Jessika sharply. "Um." David paused. Takkun was recalling the bandit.
"no... no... i killed hi..." Takkun shook his head, turning to David
"You're right David, this is no time for self pity, we need to move out" Jessika stood up.
Jack, by the table, said"Maybe I spoke too soon..."
David "Um"'d again.
"What is it David?" said Jessika dryly
"Nevermind..." David petered off at the end of his word.

Suddenly, he sprang up."I think it's about high time we left this piddling, pathetic, godsforsaken excuse for a hellhole of a stupid island.
Let's roll on, take a gander at what's in the western seas, hey?"
Takkun stood up slowly "David, you know how to captain this ship right?"
"Well, that's the thing. The man who built it... He died before he taught me how to captain it."
"I know how to sorta sail the damn thing... But not in technical terms."
"what! You mean that we're..." takkun was interupted by a ear splitting crash
The boat swayed violently as the waves in the bay picked up.
Takkun stumbled over to the window, looking out he could see a large group of seros shockers, standing beside a ballista, they were pointing and shouting.
The ballista was being reloaded... He turned on his heel, facing David, "Well you're going to have to learn fast!"
Jack spoke up- "Let me take it then. I've seen this engineering before" "I'm not sure where, but that doesn't matter right now"
Takkun stared at Jack. Takkun then growled at the Jess and David, who stood staring with blank faces out the window
"lets go Jack!" he stumbled up the stairs to the door, bashing it open, "c'mon, lets get to the wheel!"
"I'll hold off the troopers!" David yelled this out, as he sprinted downstairs, to the boarding plank.
"I'll get the sails!" shouted Jessika, also running.

Upstairs, Takkun stumbled to the ropes, untethering the ship from the rocks Jessika quickly jumped up the stairs and climbed the riggings, preping the sails.
aArrows zipped through the air around the group"Someone take the wheel!" Jack screamed. "I need to get this engine started!"
Takkun untethered the final rope, then turning around clumsily, and stumbled up the stairs on the deck to the wheel of the ship

Meanwhile, David was down at the boarding plank, one arm in the sling, the other holding one of his handheld repeater crossbows.
"Hey, the Seros Shockers! I used to work for you guys! What's up?" He called, across the plank.
He ducked as a few arrows spitefully buzzed his way.
David grunted, and shot a few back at the guys on the ballista. They fell back briefly, then got back up when they saw how
unaccurate he was.

Grabbing coal, Jack loaded up the main engine. He started off the bellows, and prepared the engine for ignition.
"Ready?!" He called up. Without waiting for a reply, he started the engine.
There was a mighty roar as the engine burst into life, billowing clouds of steam.
Takkun clasped onto the wheel, "DAVID! GET BACK IN THE SHIP!"

David leapt back to avoid a swordblow coming towards his face. With a lightning strike, his stilleto pierced the
neck of the attacking trooper. David span around, and, using the knife, cut the remaining mooring rope.
He ran back on board, and waited for the troopers to follow him.
As the first one crossed, David kicked the boarding plank down, causing the man to fall with a splash into the water.
David laughed manically, and sprinted up the stairs, avoiding arrows.

"Sails ready!" Jessika shouted down from the rigging.
There was a monstrous growl from the ship, the ship burst forward at an incredible speed, sending huge waves crashing into the rocks.
It was like an untamed beast, takkun clung on for dear life as the ship roared out of the bay. 'This beauty's got some horsepower!'

David reappeared next to the wheel. He was still laughing maniacally. "Hey Jack, great work, mate! Oh, you see what I did to that guy?"
Jack only heard a mumbling over the roaring engine
"Sorry? I didn't catch that. Could you repeat it louder?"
The ships engine suddenly quietened to a soft gurgle, pushing the juggernaut through the mist that surrounded seros
David grinned, and said "Great work Jack. I think you saved us there."
"Er... Yeah... Thanks... (Mumbling "Nothing about me running off away from the arrows")"

Takkun stared at the fog, unaware of the rest of the groups talk, "What's the world like beyond the mist..."

Summary
David, Jack, Jessika and Takkun get on the ship. After some discussion, they are attacked by the Seros Shockers ((who Aphex seems intent on stealing off me)) , and then make a hurried escape, with Jack captaining the boat out to sea. There isn't currently anyone chasing us.
David and Jessika's 'conversation'

It was much later. David was lying back on his fold-out bed, tired by the day's 'adventure'. He fiddled around with his pillow, and sighed.
At the same time, Jessika walked down the creaky stairs, keen to get some sleep.She walked down the hallway and entered a small, dingy cabin, barely big enough to stand in.
She lay down on the cot and sighed, unaware of her mimicry. David, still in his room, heard footsteps going past, and the creaking and rocking of the boat.
He called out 'hey!', to whoever was there- he was a bit lonely. Jessika heard David call out, so got up and walked out into the hallway.
It was cold and dark, so she rushed into David's room quickly.

"Hey" she said briefly "Oh, Jessika. Hey there." David hesitated for a moment, and continued-
"How are you holding up?"
"Alright, alright. I'm feelin pretty ragged and fairly cold, but I should be fine" Jessika replied
"Yeah, these last few hours have been incredibly hectic. I've never felt so... on the edge.".Here, he paused, and met directly with Jessika's gaze.
"And I want to thank you, for helping me so much."
His eyes flickered down to the floor for a moment, and then he gazed away at the doorframe, unable to meet her eyes again.

Jessika glanced away, inwardly blushing. She'd never been complimented before, and coming from David, it felt almost magical.
"Thanks. That means a lot to me" Jessika said quietly.
David smiled, not one of his cynical smiles, or the smiles that indicate someone nearby was about to get hurt, but a genuinely happy smile.
He started to speak, but then stopped- and just flashed his glamourous smile at the female by his door.
Jessika seemed to warm at his smile, and silently went to sit next to him.
David sat up slowly, to avoid injury to his arm, and sat there silently with her, listening to the waves, and the rocking of the boat.

Jessika, unable to stand the silence but not wanting to leave, asked David, "How's your shoulder?"
"It's alright. A few months in bed, drinking chicken soup, and I should be fine." David replied, his voice low, but even.
David paused, and turned to look directly at Jessika. Suddenly, he leaned forward, and smoothly placed a gentle kiss on her lips, and held it there.
Jessika's eyes widened, and David pulled away. Her lips tingled softly, and her head span a little.
She looked longingly at David, and kissed him back firmly.

David's eyes went wide for a moment, and he leant back, taking the clinging Jessika back, still kissing her.
Jessika paused as David fell back onto the bed. She then swung her legs up and gripped herself to David, kissing him passionatly.
David flung his arms around her, clinging to her, and meeting her dewy eyes with his own.

Jessika kissed him for what seemed like hours. Suddenly, she stopped. Hating herself, she pulled back from David.
She heard steps somewhere above her.
She looked up, as did David.
"I should probably go to my room, get some sleep" said Jessika, not wanting to leave.

Upstairs, Jack yawned, and he began to descend the wooden planks.

"Alright then." David looked longingly at her, and said "Jessika?"
"Yeah?" said Jessika deliriously.
"Do you mind if I call you 'Jess'?" David winked at this.
Jessika smiled, and stood up.
"Sure. But you know what would happen if you did"
"What?" David quickly asked.
She smiled viciously at this, and snuck out the door.

David stared at the empty space where she just was, and leant back. He sighed, happily this time.
"Well..." He couldn't hide the grin on his mouth. "Damn me, that was good."
He turned over, and started to sleep- his thoughts dominated by her.

Jack continued walking down, catching a glimpse of Jessika leaving David's room.
Confused, he walked up to the door of David's room- but seeing him lie asleep, he shrugged, thinking that
Jessika was playing some sort of joke on David or something.He yawned, and continued to his room. Walking in, he saw Jessika.
"Er... playing some sort of joke on David?" He asked.
"Oh" she blushed. "I was just saying goodnight to him" she said quickly.
"Ahh..." Jack said, a slight hint of confusion in his voice. The two of them got into their small cots.
Jack drifted into a sound sleep, but Jessika lay there pondering her emotions.
Why was she doing this? she thought. Just tonight, she'd stared feeling a strong attraction to him, and she wasn't sure what it meant.
As night drifted into, Jessika fell into a deep and restless sleep.

Summary
David and Jessika have a talk. Aw hell, read the rest. Jack appears briefly too.
Sprites!

Dance Dance Revolution Android
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ChaoStar
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.11 (14:23)

(( The character sheet is a bit out dated. So, yeah... deleted. ))
Last edited by ChaoStar on 2009.08.17 (11:57), edited 5 times in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.07.11 (14:58)

((We can give it a shot; there are two parts yet to be posted. In other words, the boat has left, but Aphex still needs to post it. The second post doesn't move the plot along.

In regards to the plot, we have left the island, but only just... So it is possible for you to join the boat, somehow.

Can you make the IRC conversations? They are normally held at 9-11 am GMT. I think they were specifically held on Fridays and Saturdays, but not sure on that...

Some Arstar Conversation me and Uzi weren't part of wrote:<David> (( And punctuation. Drathmoore can't use a full stop.))
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Happy now?

Anyway, as ChaoStar wants to join I propose that either we crash the boat (due to someone leaving automatic on... ), or we find Esmeralda on the next island. Unless anyone has any better ideas of course.))

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.11 (21:57)

(( Or, just for another idea, the Sea may not be the way out. (suppose the sea is endless.) I'm also going to edit that description...))

"Arstar is the Truth."

RoboBarber

Postby Aphex » 2009.07.11 (23:48)

((Communists latest post has the "escape from seros" part in it...))

((CS, your cool to join, we're going to be island hopping, so we can pick you up on the first island.... or we could find you floating part of a wrecked ship... we'll discuss in more detail one time on #arstar))

((OK, heres a convo with me, communist and bioniccryonic. It involves us finding sypha [aka bioniccryonic] hiding in the storeroom))
convo

Takkun sat in the dining room, looking out the window into the fog, it was so thick that he could not see the sun, only a red hue in the mist. Takkun sighed, it was sunset. A new dawn, a new world.

Meanwhile, David stood up and stretched out in his cabin.Remembering the night before, he couldn't help but grin. He'd enjoyed it. Dressing himself carefully, to avoid hurting his arm, david then preceded into the dining room.

Takkun turned quickly, the sound of the door breaking his train of thought.He looked at david, who seemed very happy with himself, "Oh. Hi there david." Takkun stepped away from the window and sat down on one of the chairs, after a good nights sleep, his head was much better. "Hey there Takkun!" David was being unusually nice to Takkun today. David's smile was replaced by a look of confusion, "Hey Takkun, how come the ship's still moving?"
Takkun chuckled, "you really have no idea about this ship do you? Well, After that boost I looked at the steering wheel closley, and there was a little iron switch with the words "auto" engraved in it, After I clicked it the ship steadied itself into a constant speed and direction." Takkun smiled, "this sailing thing is a lot easier than it looks at first".

David frowned. "Hey, I made the weapons for this baby... wait till you see them in action.Still, good thing it will keep going for itself." David stopped, and looked at the table, "Where's the bread?". Takkun looked confused,
"What are you talking about?" He looked down at the table, noticing it was bare of any food. His stomach growled, "Oh, I see..."
"Let's go down and get some more, shall we? We've got a food store down the bottom of the boat." David, without waiting for reply, walked out, and began down the stairs to the store. Takkun got up, and followed david, his stomach growled again, "shut up" Takkun snapped.

The two of them descended to the base deck, David stepped to the storeroom door and opened it, suddenly he saw a dark shadow leaping towards his face. Instinctively, he ducked under the leaping shadow. Then he remembered Takkun was right behind him. Before takkun could move out of the way, the creature hit him straight in the chest, knocking the air out of his lungs, Takkun was pinned to the floor by the scaled creatureHe struggled, but he couldn't get free of the iron-like grasp

David saw all this, and promply put the full weight of his boot into the creature's head. Following through, he drew quickly drew his stilleto and held it at the creature's throat. "STOP", Takkun screamed. He turned and faced david, "Lets find out what... who this is first."

David sighed. He never got to kill anything interesting. "All right, talk!" He said. The scaled being rubbed its head, it was crouched on the floor, "Er... Who are you..."
"I'm asking the questions here!" David made the stilleto in his hand quite noticeable. "Who are you?"
The creature looked up, a edge of fear was in its voice, "Er... call me Sypha...". Takkun looked deep into Sypha's eyes, He could see only fear, there was no anger. He suddenly felt a compassion for Sypha,"So... what were you doing in the storeroom?". Sypha looked up at Takkun, a determined look on his face, "I want to leave... Seros..."T
akkun smiled, he held his hand out to help Sypha up, "then your welcome here." said takkun, helping Sypha up.

David frowned. He briefly cursed Takkun's stupid idealism... then turned to get a good look at Sypha. Hey, hold on. Aren't you a... dragonoid, or something?"

A look of what could pass for sadness came over Sypha, "You could say that... I'm not entirely sure myself. I noly remember the last 7 years of my life."

Takkun took a loaf of bread out of the storeroom, then turned to David and Sypha, "C'mon, lets get back to the dining room. I still haven't had breakfast yet"

David turned to Sypha, he still didn't trust this creature, " Sypha? I need to know a few things. First, can we agree not to kill each other?Secondly, can we help each other?"

Sypha gazed at David, "First, I doubt I would be able to anyway. And second, I guess. It's subjective."
David nodded, "Alright then" he said as he put his stilleto back in the hidden sheath, "Well, Takkun's right. I'm hungry. How about we take you up, eat breakfast? You can meet the others too."
Takkun turned from the stairs, "C'mon you guys!". Takkun walked up the stairs, his stomach growled again, "shut up" he snapped.

Sypha sighed, "Sure, let's meet the whole gang...."

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.12 (00:13)

((Already read the convo on #arstar. It's pretty cool so far.))

Postby Communist » 2009.07.12 (03:28)

((Huzzah, a new person! A creepy fear-like one too... *shudder*. I think we should find you at the next island. Also, what magick are you likely to want?))
Sprites!

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.12 (13:08)

Communist wrote:((Huzzah, a new person! A creepy fear-like one too... *shudder*. I think we should find you at the next island. Also, what magick are you likely to want?))
((Hrmm. I think I'll keep it secret for now. Also, might it be easier if I was shipwrecked? My Boat could crash into yours, and you could upgrade your boat. =D

EDIT- Magic hasn't been introduced yet, I assume?
DOUBLE EDIT- I'm in EST timezone, so I can't really make the 9-11am GMT, as it's 5-7 am. =/))Nope, I can make it. I'll just set an alarm.))
Last edited by ChaoStar on 2009.07.13 (20:22), edited 2 times in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby Drathmoore » 2009.07.12 (18:47)

((Right. I would like to sort out a better time for the IRC, seeing as it's quite hard for all six of us to be on at the same time at this point.

I'm available normally between 10am-10pm (GMT), but varies due to internet restrictions. May not be available between 8am-4pm on Mondays and Wednesdays

If everybody else could post the times that they are available, we can figure out when would be the best time to hold the meetings.)).

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.13 (01:18)

Drathmoore wrote:((Right. I would like to sort out a better time for the IRC, seeing as it's quite hard for all six of us to be on at the same time at this point.

I'm available normally between 10am-10pm (GMT), but varies due to internet restrictions. May not be available between 8am-4pm on Mondays and Wednesdays

If everybody else could post the times that they are available, we can figure out when would be the best time to hold the meetings.)).
((actually, I can make the planned time if I sleep well the previous night and set an alarm. I really wish it wasn't just friday and saturday. =P ))

((ok, I'm going to add more background to my Char. Sorry if it's muddled. It's flashback time!))

"Maiden voyage, huh? She fly's like a dream..."
"I heard that the Queen had some secret purpose for the ship, I mean, why else would the hull be reinforced, and the weapons be faaaaaar beyond standard build?"
"...really? I also heard about some stuff about 'auxiliary engine compartments' but no such things were every loaded..."

"Queen! Is the spell ready? All preperations are finished, and the crew is ready for deployment."
"...ssshh. The spell is ready, but I have found other things on Arstar. There are more secrets to be had here. The Miasma must be altered. Evacuate everyone; no human will survive it."
"Yes Ma'am!"

"Come, my dear companions, and watch the end with me. ...Dearest Luna... Dearest Sol..."

*Crash*

((and we can continue this on IRC, I suppose. I think shipwreck would work a little smoother.))

Postby Communist » 2009.07.13 (06:01)

(( *blinks at flashback* That is one flashback. But have you seen my boat-weapons yet? You'll be amazed. I'm available from... damn GMT...
6am-12pm GMT (Most days, I think. That's 4pm- 10pm for me.) I could probably do later.))
Sprites!

Postby ChaoStar » 2009.07.13 (14:29)

Ship looks like... This. The Fenrir

((Sorry for the muddled texts. Coma-girl's memory isn't so great atm. =3 ))

<From a long lost book of Magic>

Anti-magic: The power of the Eater. Any spell tainted with Anti eats at the life-force of an object.

-Restore energy by 'eating' objects with energy, (like, warmth can be absorbed for a very small amount of energy, and 'eating' a bolt of lightning will restore quite a bit.

-K ... eating' ... life-force

-Counter-spell:...

While Magic depletes 'Energy', Anti magic refills that. Bu ... severe bodily damage, such as nosebleeds, nausea, strong feelings of vertigo, ect.

<From David's book>

Primal Magic: The magic of the Weaver...

... All comes into ... ... ... unable ...

The light binds all, but ... unable to create ...

Drains... more than all powers...

... Power of the stars ... the Truth ... Universe