Hotel Dénouement - Wake up, everyone!

Discuss, create, and theorize about roleplaying games, tabletop games, board games, and other non-electronic interactive entertainments. Run dedicated or complex forum games here, also.

Moderator: ℎalifax

Jedi Pimp
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby Raif » 2010.09.27 (09:04)

Raif
=====

I had finished ripping off all the wallpaper on Floor 1, but I was left disappointed.
I walk back towards the doors leading to the rooms thinking about the clue which Destiny had found "A riddle to each room".
Then I remember that I had not found anything in Room 11. The only thing out of place in that room were the 7 clumps of scrambled eggs scattered on the table.
I wondered if the number 7 was a clue in itself.
I decide to go back to Room 11 and re examine the scrambled eggs. I look for any patterns in how they are scattered. I also look under them (are they in plates?) and inside them.
After re examining the scrambled eggs, I decide check another room for more clues.
I walk towards Room 10 and try the handle. If it doesn't open I try Door 12 then 13 and so on until I find one which opens.

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby bhz » 2010.09.27 (10:42)

bhz
====

I walk over to the final door - 29 - and try the handle.

"Find you way up and out."
"Welcome, to the Hotel Denouement. All Resting rooms will follow the RR"
"A riddle to each room."
"1-2-3" (With 1 circled)
"Solve the triple room to see the way"
"Behind the 3rd wallpaper"
"The Monocorn shall reveal."
"! #32"
7 eggs on the table in room 11
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/DDRave
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby 大見解 » 2010.09.27 (11:01)

mohamedraif wrote:Raif
=====

I had finished ripping off all the wallpaper on Floor 1, but I was left disappointed.
I walk back towards the doors leading to the rooms thinking about the clue which Destiny had found "A riddle to each room".
Then I remember that I had not found anything in Room 11. The only thing out of place in that room were the 7 clumps of scrambled eggs scattered on the table.
I wondered if the number 7 was a clue in itself.
I decide to go back to Room 11 and re examine the scrambled eggs. I look for any patterns in how they are scattered. I also look under them (are they in plates?) and inside them.
After re examining the scrambled eggs, I decide check another room for more clues.
I walk towards Room 10 and try the handle. If it doesn't open I try Door 12 then 13 and so on until I find one which opens.
nothing more, nothing less. You find 7 randomly placed clumps of scrambled eggs.
Dissapointed, you make your way out to room 10.
gingerly, you place your hand on the door, hoping that it would be open.
You immediately rethink that thought, because as soon as you push the handle down, it feels as if an inexorable force is shoving you into the room.
You try desperately to resist this seemingly otherworldly pull, but to no avail. You are sucked into the room, and the door slams shut. People from all around the place stare uncertainly at the door, and wonder whether or not you're dead.

bhz wrote:bhz
====

I walk over to the final door - 29 - and try the handle.

[/color]
It comes open in your hand, and you take a step in the door.
Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 9:22 PM - NReality Transcendence

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2010.09.27 (22:03)

Daikenkai wrote:You immediately rethink that thought, because as soon as you push the handle down, it feels as if an inexorable force is shoving you into the room.
You try desperately to resist this seemingly otherworldly pull, but to no avail. You are sucked into the room, and the door slams shut. People from all around the place stare uncertainly at the door, and wonder whether or not you're dead.
I thought you said that real world physics was supposed to apply. Right?

Zapmeister999
=============

Completely unaware of what happened three floors down and quite some way to my left, I walk back down the fourth floor, noting the door numbers as I pass each one. 47, 46, 45, 44, 43... 41. Obviously not only did whoever design this hotel have a poor understanding of English grammar but this person was clearly innumerate as well. Nice combination, I think to myself.

I examine the space between 41 and 43 to try and look for something, not really expecting anything to pop up. I casually walk towards door 43 and grasp the handle, half-expecting it to open, according to the mental note I had made that none of the prime-numbered doors opened so far had been locked.

404th post. 404 Error: Rest of post not found. The remaining section of this post may be temporarily unavailable, or your computer may be experiencing technical difficulties.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

The Konami Number
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/_destiny%5E%2D
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Destiny » 2010.09.27 (22:35)

Once again, I played this LIVE on IRC. Thank the gods i did too. This would have taken all year any other way...

Parental advisory: this post contains strong language.

Destiny

Getting up for another shot at this silly hotel, I decide to revisit the room I skipped last time: room 30.

I make my way down the corridor, and pull down on the handle. I hear a strange voice.

<Daik> gingerly, you place your hand on the door, hoping that it would be open.
<Daik> You immediately rethink that thought, because as soon as you push the handle down, it feels as if an inexorable force is shoving you into the room.
<Daik> You try desperately to resist this seemingly otherworldly pull, but to no avail. You are sucked into the room, and the door slams shut. People from all around the place stare uncertainly at the door, and wonder whether or not you're dead.
<Daik> and you're trapped!

"AAAhhhh!!!!" *slams into wall*

When I eventually come to, I find myself immediately facing a keyboard. Above the keyboard are some words on the wall.

"Enter the passcode, and you will go."

Being of a strange state of mind, I immediately input what I think to be the unobvious answer

"the passcode"

As nothing happens, I decide the puppet master obviously has better taste than that. So I randomly bash in a bunch of other things that might be the passcode to this thing.

"denouement"
"monocorn"
"!#32"
"a riddle to each room"

As I enter the last of these, I feel a slight warmth. I hit enter. Nothing happens.

Annoyed by this anticlimax, I begin thinking again.

"Hmm... the monocorn will reveal..."

I type in "The monocorn will reveal", but nothing happens.

Fresh out of ideas, I decide to kick the wall in my anger. This results in a bruised toe, to go with my bruised shoulder. Demoralised, I slide down against the wall and sit in the corner. Which is when i notice the rest of the room. There is a flickery light on the cieling, and on the floor lies a broken stool, a mop, a dustpan, and a broom. The whole room kinda smells like a closet, now I think about it.

Deciding that they must be clues to the password, I turn back to the keyboard

"janitor"
"cleaner"
"janitors closet"
"cleaners closet"

Still, nothing happens. For lack of better ideas, I decide to search the room for the source of the smell. Unfortunately it just appears to be a general thing, with no specific source. Angry once again, I pick up the stool, and hurl it at the door.

<Destiny> throw the stool at the door
<Daik> the door opens.
<Destiny> for f-
<Daik> JUST KIDDING
<Destiny> NO TAKSIES BACKSIES
<Daik> the stool remains broken, and the door remains closed.

Now sad as well as angry, especially at the stupid hotel manager, I inspect all of the objects in the room for clues. Unfortunately, there is nothing peculiar about any of them. However, looking at the light, there appears to be some kind of plastic casing that hampers the amount of light being exerted by the bulb.

My excitement turns to sadness as I realise that the cieling is much higher than most. As a former freerunner though, a high ceiling poses no problems to me. I run up the wall and leap from it, only to find that i cannot reach the light even with my ninja skills. Resorting to plan B, I pick up the mop, and run up the wall again. This time when i spring from it, I swing the mop harshly at the light. Unfortunately the mop has wieghed me down, and i still cannot reach the light. Turning to plan C I javelin throw the mop at the light. The light swings around a little, but nothing more. Falling back onto plan D I go and get the dodgy stool. It's a little unstable, but holds alright as I clamber onto it, mop in hand. Even from here though, I cannot reach the light, it is just out of reach. Resorting to plan E I leap from the stool, taking extra care not to land on the stool, and swing harshly at the light. The blow hits, and the light swings violently to and fro on the roof. Nothing else happens. To make matters worse, the stool slid itself halfway across the room whilst i was in mid-air, and I landed on it with all my weight. The stool shatters, and I fall to the floor. The very outcome i tried to AVOID.

Now fucking pissed off, I pick up the sharp fragments of the broken stool and throw them all one by one as hard as i can at the light. Slowly but surely the light begins to unscrew.

IRC spoiler

<Destiny> throw them at the light
<Destiny> sharp end first
<Destiny> try to penetrate that bitch
<Daik> slowly and slowly the light covering becomes looser
<Destiny> KEEP THROWING
<Daik> and no doubt, that's what she said.
<Destiny> no doubt
<Destiny> YES
<Destiny> THATS IT
<Destiny> SO CLOES
<Destiny> I'M GOING TO CUM
<Destiny> I MEAN
<Daik> it's so close to coming off
<Destiny> ERM
<Destiny> ESCAPE
<Daik> dw, common typo.
<Daik> i cum all the time
<Daik> do it*
<Destiny> yeah
<Daik> same thing really.
<Destiny> no i get that a lot
<Destiny> JUST A LITTLE MORE
<Destiny> HANG IN THERE RIGHT ARM
<Daik> one final throw
<Destiny> AARGGHH
<Daik> and the light falls off with a clatter on to the ground
<Destiny> YEAH
<Destiny> WOOHOO
<Daik> your chest heaves from your exertion
<Destiny> BITCH
<Daik> and you can see
<Destiny> WAHAHAHAHA
<Destiny> FUCKING LIGHT
<Daik> a lightbulb, flickering on the ceiling.
<Destiny> inspect the plastic case
<Daik> (now what)
<Daik> the plastic case.
<Daik> looking at it,
<Daik> it bears the marks from the abuse it took from your throwing
<Destiny> and...
<Daik> but, otherwise, you can't find anything of importance on it.
<Destiny> WHAT
<Destiny> THIS HOUSE IS A PRISON
<Destiny> ON PLANET BULLSHIT
<Destiny> IN THE GALAXY OF THIS SUCKS CAMEL DICKS

Long story short for those who can't be bothered to read, the light cover falls off, and there is nothing on it.

However, my momentary depression is countered when i notice a vague glowing in the corner of the room as my shadow passes over it. Curious as to why there is something glowing in the corner, I lean my full body over the corner, shrouding it in the darkness of my shadow. It's still too bright though. The bulbs newfound intensity is a little too much, and so I turn on it, now desperate to end this treasure trail.

"God damn LIGHT!"

I pick up another stool fragment, and javelin throw it at the light bulb

<Daik> CRASH *tinkle tinkle*
<Daik> you are surrounded in darkness, with the only glow coming from the screen above the keyboard.
<Daik> you see no glow in the corner
<Destiny> CUNT

However, as my eyes steadily adjust to the newfound darkness, I see the glow in the corner beginning to reappear. Looking down at the glow, I realise that it's actually coming from some writing on the wall. I read it aloud.

"the man who used to work here" I paused, as mental cogs shifted into place. "God damn it but I tried that already!"

In my desperation, I access the internet using my mind, searchy Google for synonyms of 'janitor'. I type every result I find into the keyboard IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

"handyman"
"caretaker"
"concierge"
"custodian"
"House sitt-"

I pause, upon hearing a click. The screen flashes infront of me and displays a new message

"You get a T for the floor"

Behind me, the door swings open, and I leave. Before I can shout my ridiculous story to the others though, I hear that same voice as I heard when going in, and it says to me,

<Daik> be glad you're not raif

And with that, I prompty collapse from exhaustion.

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/DDRave
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby 大見解 » 2010.09.27 (22:49)

Thank you destiny, for all the laughs that you've provided me with. It has been awesome doing this with you XD.

And zap, to answer your question, i said "mostly"

999_Springs wrote:
Daikenkai wrote:
Zapmeister999
=============

I examine the space between 41 and 43 to try and look for something, not really expecting anything to pop up. I casually walk towards door 43 and grasp the handle, half-expecting it to open, according to the mental note I had made that none of the prime-numbered doors opened so far had been locked.
You don't see very much between the doors, except for wall. walking to 43, you jiggle the handle, and are pleasantly surprised that you can open it.
note zap, you didn't actually open the door or try to.
Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 9:22 PM - NReality Transcendence

Lords a-Leaping
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Theodore_owens_%5Ebloodu

Postby Theodore_owens_^ » 2010.09.28 (02:10)

Theodore

I wake up in an unexplainable pool of blood and urine and splash around a bit.

"Wow, this is really stylish!" I say to myself.

I do things with it, trying to make it. I think about my mother's soft moist arms.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

ALSO FOR THE SIGNATURE.
ImageImageImage

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/heartattack

Postby Heartattack » 2010.09.28 (16:51)

What a strange kid. I saw he said he was 10? Quite a morbid 10-year old. I was actually following his posts, more because of his sig than anything else.

P.S. Sorry for intruding on your thread, Daik :D
spoiler

All sigs thanks to my secret lovers.

I won a contest once.
Tsukatu wrote:ass assass

Postby bhz » 2010.09.29 (00:02)

"All Resting rooms will follow the RR"
"A riddle to each room."
"1-2-3" (With 1 circled)
"! #32"
7 eggs on the table in room 11

bhz
====

I think about all the hints so far...useless. I examine room 29, which at first glance is a regular hotel suite, looking for anything peculiar
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

It Must've Been Love
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/wumbla

Postby wumbla » 2010.09.29 (00:20)

okay, I am totally confused about what we are saposed to do.. It would be nice if someone would just pm me with breif explination. Thanks

wumbla
----
wakes up (again). Looks around cluelessly...
eganic wrote:I WUMBLA
YOU WUMBLA
HE SHE ME
WUMBLA

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2010.09.29 (00:38)

◉ LAZORTITS ◉ wrote:After almost fainting, because of low blood pressure, he wonders. He likes to wonder about stuff. Also, he tries to find something interesting in the floor.
flag notices that Donfuy is clearly on acid.

EDIT: Then he, uh, goes and finds Orange. And ... sees what's up with that kiddo.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

It Must've Been Love

Postby wumbla » 2010.09.29 (04:30)

Wumbla
====
ready to take another pathetic attempt to getting something done, I do not try the one and only door In the roome because it is probabbly obviously locked. I look around in closets, under the bed, in my pocket, in cntainers, under rugs and such for any type of key I could find...

scratch that... It seems as though this destiny kid in my floor knows what he's doing and may need some assistance because he sure is making a lot of noise with it sounds like shattering glass and wood. So I try to see if I can catch up to him somhow.
YOU WUMBLA
HE SHE ME
WUMBLA

Ego Lancer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ChrisE

Postby ChrisE » 2010.09.29 (09:53)

Wake-up call!

Just because this is a hotel doesn't mean you can sleep for 36 hours straight!

*Tinkles Bell*

Let's get moving people! Especially you on the 5th floor. Or maybe 4th.

Jedi Pimp

Postby Raif » 2010.09.29 (22:03)

Raif
=====

I walked over and opened the door of Room 10.
But I immediately wished I hadn't because some force started to push me in. I couldn't fight against it however hard i tried.
I was thrown in to the room and landed on my head.

*Ouch*
After a few minutes of dizziness I got up and tried to make sense of surroundings.
There is a huge set of filing cabinets on the wall right in front of me and on one of the other walls it is written "Go Low".
Not trusting this room I try to turn back, but the door is locked. Looks like I am trapped in this room.
Walking over to the cabinets I see that they are actually numbered 1 to 10 from left to right on the bottom row and then 11 to 20 on the second row and so on.
Thinking about the clue "Go Low" I open cabinet 1.
I see a red 99 painted inside.
I open 99.
I see 39 inside.
I open 39.
I see 18 inside.
I open 39.
I see 18 inside.
I open 18.
I see 51 inside.
Annoyed, I try to throw cabinet 18 at the door, but it's fastened to the wall and I can't pull it out
D:
I open 51.
I see 94 inside.
I open 94.
I see 54 inside.
I open 54.
I see 58 inside.
I hear a mysterious room in the voice say: "You are not doing this right"
Thinking about my clue again I decide to open 1 cabinet lower than the cabinet number inside.
So I open 48.
I see an orange 6 inside.
Wary of orange numbers, I choose a random cabinet which turns out to be 44.
I see 59 inside.
I open 49.
I see an orange 7 inside.
Feeling that these weird orange numbers are untrustable, I open 84
I see 55 inside.
I open 45.
I see 45 inside.
I open 35.
I see 46 inside.
I open 36.
I see 29 inside.
I open 19.
I see 52 inside.
I open 42.
I see 85 inside.
I open 75.
I see 42 inside.
I open 32.
I see 86 inside.
I open 76.
I see 25 inside.
I open 15.
I see 48 inside.
I open 38.
I see 17 inside.
I hear the mysterious voice in the room again "Again, think of the clue. "Go Low"". It says.
I open 7.
I see 66.
Thinking about the clue again, I decide to open some of the cabinets at the bottom.
I open 6.
I see 65 inside.
I open 5.
I see 64 inside.
I open 4.
I see 63 inside.
I open 3.
I see 79 inside.
I open 9.
I see 68 inside.
"As a hint, you don't seem to be going low." The mysterious voice says.
I think about it and randomly decide to open one of the cabinets on the top, 98.
I see 38 inside.
This time I decide to go lower by rows by changing the first number.
So, I open 88.
I see 22 inside.
I open 72.
I see 82 inside.
I open 62.
I see 83 inside.
I open 53.
I see 74 inside.
I open 44.
I see 59 inside.
I open 39.
I see 18 inside.
I open 28.
I see 32 inside.
I open 12.
I see 88 inside.
I open 8.
I see 67 inside.
I had run out of rows to keep continue going lower. I look for a -7th cabinet, but as I expected I found none.
I start to think about the clue again and the mysterious voice decides to make a reappearance.
"You started to go low, then you randomly picked another cabinet."
I open 55, thinking that that was where I had randomly picked a cabinet after getting the orange numbers.
I see 44 inside.
I open 34.
I see 60 inside.
I open 50.
I see 94 inside.
The mysterious voice says "Try thinking positions of the cabinets, not the numbering."
I open 84.
I see 55 inside.
I open 45.
I see 45 inside.
"Remember the orange numbers." Says Mr. Mysterious Voice AKA Daik
"Yeah, 6 and 7" I think to myself.
I open 67.
I see 13 inside.
"You are a failure" Says Mysterious Voice.
"Yes, I am" I think to myself and settle down on the floor thinking about the mystery of the weird cabinets and how I would solve them tomorrow.

I wake up and remember where I am. Stuck in Room 10 of Hotel Denouement.
Immediately I walk back towards the cabinets, deciding to start back at 99, but 1 row lower.
So, I open 89.
I see 23 inside.
I open 13.
I see 78 inside.
I open 68.
I see an orange 1 inside.
I wonder what to do. I decide to pick one of the other numbers from the bottom and see where it leads.
So, I open 7 again.
I see 50 inside.
I open 40.
I see 95 inside.
I open 85.
I see 41 inside.
I open 31.
I see 96 inside.
I open 86.
I see 20 inside.
I open 10.
I see 98 inside.
Mysterious Voice: "You're not going low.... Again. OK. You want the lowness of the numbers in the cabinets. That's it. Surely you can solve it now! You even got 1! Seriously! And then you did something else."
I try to think back to the area which I had gotten the low orange numbers.
I open 69.
I see an orange 2 inside.
I open 58.
I see an orange 4 inside.
I open 59.
And I see...
...A NOTEBOOK
AT LAST SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT A NUMBER
I take the notebook out of the cabinet and open it.
It looks like a diary.
Reading through the diary, I find out that people have come through this place before.
On one page, there are lists of people who have endured the hotel.
On another, some random doodles.
Finally, I come to something of importance
One person had witten :
"As much as this hotel is confusing, the clues can be seperated into floors. Each floor has a bunch of clues, that attribute to a final solution. I think it's realated to the lifts, but I can't be sure until we figure it out"
As I turn the page, I get another entry
"I'm fairly sure Resting Rooms really don't contribute to the clues."
I flip the page and am greeted with a scary sight. COMPLICATED MATH.
"I've found that a letter to a room usually works. But the one i found in one of the cabinets was very hard for me to do, because I can't do math well"
It is written : "lim x-->inf. ( (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 ) / sqrt((x ^ 2)/4 + (x/2) - 14) )"
And the rest of the diary is blank.
I put the notebook in my pocket and try the handle of the door again to get out. And I find out...
...THAT IT HAD BEEN ACTUALLY OPEN ALL THIS TIME
Annoyed I walk out of the room and settle down on the floor thinking of all the clues (which to me make no sense at all) and arranging them according to floors.

Not any particular floor

Floor 1
"All Resting rooms will follow the RR" (May not be a clue)
7 eggs on the table in room 11 (Presumably not a clue)
"As much as this hotel is confusing, the clues can be seperated into floors. Each floor has a bunch of clues, that attribute to a final solution. I think it's realated to the lifts, but I can't be sure until we figure it out"
"I've found that a letter to a room usually works. But the one i found in one of the cabinets was very hard for me to do, because I can't do math well"
It is written : "lim x-->inf. ( (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 ) / sqrt((x ^ 2)/4 + (x/2) - 14) )"

Floor 2
"! #32"

Floor 3

Floor 4
What happened to the Floor 4 clues? SOMEONE WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL ON FLOOR FOUR

Floor 5
"A riddle to each room."
"1-2-3" (With 1 circled)

Postby bhz » 2010.09.29 (22:26)

bhz
====

I think about the hints Raif provided. Because I am pretty good at maths for my age, I decided to have a go at the math problem Raif posted.

lim x-->inf. ( (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 ) / sqrt((x ^ 2)/4 + (x/2) - 14) )
= lim x-->inf. (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 ) / lim x-->inf. sqrt((x ^ 2)/4 + (x/2) - 14)

first the top:
lim x-->inf. (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 )
= (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 )

and now the bottom:
lim x-->inf. sqrt((x ^ 2)/4 + (x/2) - 14)
= inf.

so...
lim x-->inf. ( (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 ) / sqrt((x ^ 2)/4 + (x/2) - 14) )
= ( (ln (cos (x) + 1) ^ 2 ) / inf.
= 0

hmmm...barely a hint...

Daik, you still haven't responded to my examining of room 29
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

The Konami Number

Postby Destiny » 2010.09.29 (23:07)

Parental advisory: contains strong language. again.

Destiny

Regaining consciousness after the absurdity of the last room I was sucked into, I sit up and swallow. Wumbla had now awoken on my floor, and was staring at me as though looking for guidance.

"Just... open some doors. That way I don't have to open quite as many."

The awkward silence resumed, and as his staring was beginning to creep me out more than the prospect of opening another door, I decide to continue my systematic searching of the floor. Before advancing to the next door (35) however, the clue being on the light in room 30 reminded of the one thing I didn't search in room 31.

Advancing into the familiar uninteresting hotel room, I climb up onto the bed, and take a good look at the light bulb. Just as I suspected, there was something on the bottom of it, that I couldn't quite see. Deciding the destructive path had worked pretty well so far, I go to jump off the bed for an attempt at breaking the light (I was thinking at the time it might fall out.) However, before I could, I heard that ominous voice again.

<Daik> protip : stand under the light
* Destiny stands under light
<Daik> *got tired of watching you break stuff
* Destiny nearly blinds himself

As I look up at the light, I see some words scrawled onto the bulb.

"As the room twice above"

Pleased with myself for discovering another clue, I step out into the corridor, and shout to some chick wearing only a coat two floors above me. From my vantage point I can see her va- ask her what the clues were in room 51. Yes... That's what I did.

"Solve the triple room to see the way! And a 1-2-3 with the 1 circled!" She replies, apparantly not realising what an excellent view I have.

So a triple room... and the top one is room 1? Does that make my room number 3 of the triple room? That would kind of make sense since this is floor 3, but I don't think that's it...

I re-enter the room, and re-inspect everything that I can find. Still nothing. I try searching for any similarities with room 51, like panels on the floor etc. Still nothing.

Deciding that room 41 must contain some more clues for this 'triple room' business, and there's nothing I can do about that, I leave for now. Since room 35 was the next room numerically that I have yet to search, I go to the respective door.

<Destiny> room 35!
<Destiny> ahoy!
* Destiny tries to open door
<Daik> gingerly, you place your hand on the door, hoping that it would be open.
<Daik> You immediately rethink that thought, because as soon as you push the handle down, it feels as if an inexorable force is shoving you into the room.
<Daik> You try desperately to resist this seemingly otherworldly pull, but to no avail. You are sucked into the room, and the door slams shut. People from all around the place stare uncertainly at the door, and wonder whether or not you're dead.
<Daik> and you're trapped! (again. worst luck ever, dude.)
<Destiny> FUCK
<Destiny> RIGHT OFF
<Destiny> RIGHT NOW
<Daik> I'M DEAD SERIOUS.
<Destiny> ME TOO
<Daik> IT'S NOT MY FAULT
<Destiny> YOU BETTER OPEN THAT DOOR
<Destiny> OR I'M GOING TO SPANK YOUR ASS SO BAD
<Destiny> YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SIT DOWN FOR A MONTH
<Daik> erm.

unfortunately for all you spectators, I have yet to emerge from the room, so I can't give you any idea as to what is happening/has happened inside.

I can however, share a theory about the floor letter for floor 3 being T. If somebody on the bottom floor were to get into the elevator and input 'T' into the keyboard, I think it could bring them up here.

Another thought I've had is that there are both room letters and floor letters. Floor letters probably control the elevator, but I have no idea what room letters do.

Also, I just realised that 'same as the room two above' could be a referance to the room letter. It may be that room 51 and 31 are not actually part of the triple room, but just have the same letter.

Postby bhz » 2010.09.29 (23:37)

bhz
====

Hearing Destiny saying Floor 3's floor letter is T, I promptly scream down to Raif, who is now roaming around Floor 1 below me again.

"Don't try until you find the letter for floor 1! Or else you'll never be able to go back down..."

"Or maybe just try every letter from A to Z. but there's gotta be a catch to that one. It can't just be that simple..."

Then I go back into room 29 and attempt to find a hint in the ceiling lights.
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

The Konami Number

Postby Destiny » 2010.09.30 (01:08)

Destiny

As I come to, I realise with both mild annoyance and relief that i'm in an empty room. And by empty I mean void of anything at all. Figuring this must be like Scooby Doo, I start patting up and down the walls for secret panels and switches. Unfortunately, searching all four walls reveals nothing. Instead, I begind to search the floor on hands and knees.

<Destiny> do a systematic search
<Destiny> feeling for panels etc
<Destiny> stripes
<Destiny> just like mowing the lawn
<Destiny> except with your hands
<Daik> as you search, you don't feel a panel, but some of the carpet depresses under your feet.

Curiosity aroused, I feel the area on the floor surrounding the depression. It seems to extend in a straight line, wide enough for me to walk in. Walking forward, I meet a dead end. I turn back, and follow it in the opposite direction. I reach a sharp turn of about 300 degrees, and then when i reach the end of the room, a left turn equally sharp in the same direction, which then becomes a dead end at the other side of the room. Overall, I have walked in a |\| shape.

As I traverse the N shaped path, I can feel the floor sinking beneath me. Excited that something must be happening, I increase my pace. As the floor reaches several inches deep the click of a latch can be heard. I pause, and a mysterious voice calls out from nowhere.

"The floor is your letter."

I look to the door, expecting it to open now that i've solved the room. Much to my grievance I hear instead a deathly 'ssshhhnnk', akin to metal sliding over metal. The sound came from above me. Nervously, I tilt my head back to look at the ceiling.

"Oh shit"

Protruding from the ceiling above me, are countless spikes. To my relief they aren't moving, but that doesn't mean they're not about to.

<Destiny> RUN
<Destiny> RUNRUNRUNR
<Destiny> RUNRUNRUNRUNR
<Destiny> RUN
<Destiny> RUNR
<Destiny> TO THE DOOR
<Destiny> RUN
<Destiny> FASTER
<Destiny> AAHHHHH
<Destiny> AHAHAHAAHHHHHH
<Destiny> FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
<Destiny> I CAN TYPE FUCK WORRYINGLY FAST
<Daik> To the door you franticly scramble, climbing out of the 'N' you treaded out
<Destiny> FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCFK
<Destiny> RUN FASTER
<Destiny> AHHHA
<Daik> You smack into the door in your hurry to get the hell out
<Daik> the door is locked.
<Destiny> MUMMY
<Destiny> AHHH
<Destiny> WHAT DO I DO
<Destiny> DAIK HELP
<Daik> then you look up and realize the ceiling hasn't moved an inch.
<Destiny> GOOD
<Destiny> BUT IT MIGHT DO ANYWAY
<Destiny> ;_;
<Destiny> I WANT MY MONEY BACK DAMMIT
<Daik> with that, the ceiling drops like a stone, implaing you with its many spikes.

For a time I feel myself falling. For how long exactly I can't say with any certainty, but it felt like months, maybe even years. I was falling through a realm of darkness and emptiness, the fading echoes of memories flashing briefly through the eternal void. Sometimes I could remember more than others. For the most part I was oddly unable to piece together cohesive thought. During my flashes of intelligence, I would wonder what was happening, or where I was. The rest of the time I just continued falling. After a while I forgot my name, forgot how I looked, forgot my very existence. And that's when I woke up.

I came to on the cold, hard floor in a rush of memories and sesations. It felt somewhat akin to the sensation you get when you hold your breath for longer than you should, and pull in that deep breath of life. I felt like I had been drowning, and could suddenly breath again.

My first thought was 'ugh'

<Destiny> ugh
<Destiny> i kinda hurt
<Destiny> where am I?
<Daik> you're in a room, with 100 doors on two of the walls. in a corner is a shack.
<Destiny> O_O
<Daik> theres a huge clock on the other wall.
<Destiny> 100 doors
<Destiny> i really wish i'd read over 100 doors now
<Daik> aaaaand disregard that, i was just making a (unfunny) reference to the 100 doors.
<Daik> you're really in a circular room.
<Destiny> ...
<Daik> all that's there is a terminal.
<Daik> a computer terminal.
<Destiny> fuck but my vision isn't what it used to be
<Daik> looking up, you see that this room is insanely high.
<Daik> almost.... 5 floors high.
<Destiny> COINCIDENCE
<Destiny> I THINK NOT
<Daik> up top on the ceiling, another light
<Destiny> god damn but i hate those lights
<Daik> first thought of yours.
<Daik> "Am I dead?"
<Destiny> actually
<Destiny> i believe it was something like
<Destiny> 'ugh'
<Daik> yeah, i guess.
<Daik> but you do still think "Am I dead?"
<Destiny> Am I dead?
<Destiny> there, I thought it now

As soon as I think that thought, I hear a frustratingly familiar sound, from what suddenly doesn't seem all that long ago.

"ssshhhnnk"

Destiny> RUNRUNRUNRUNR
<Destiny> FUCKRUCKFURKCU
<Destiny> AHHH
<Destiny> SPIKES
<Destiny> SPIKE
<Daik> the ceiling is spiked, yet again.
<Destiny> SPE
<Destiny> SKE
<Destiny> HAHA
<Daik> but this time
<Destiny> AHH
<Daik> it's slowly making its advance to you
<Destiny> oh gods
<Destiny> that's worse

In desperation I run to the computer terminal. Begging for it to say something useful. It's to no avail however, as the screen remains resolutely blank. Heart racing, I search the outsides of the screen for a power button, but there is none to be found. Thinking it may be a touch screen, I try touching the screen. Still nothing occurs.

The spikes reach the fourth floor.

<Destiny> keeping my cool
<Destiny> keeping my cool
<Destiny> deep breaths
<Destiny> in....
<Destiny> and out...
<Destiny> in...
<Destiny> AHHHH
<Destiny> SPIKES
<Destiny> AHHH
* Destiny RUNS AROUND IN CIRCLES
<Daik> spikes are 3 floors up, and slowly inching towards you.
<Destiny> IM SORRY DAIK
<Destiny> BUT IM RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS
<Destiny> RIP THE SCREEN FROM THE WALL

I pull at the monitor with all my might. Maybe there will be something behind the monitor, or maybe i'll be destroying my only clue. I'm not really sure, but destroying something just seems like the right thing to do just now. Despite my impressive biceps however, the screen remains resolutely attached to its wallmount. In my frustration I punch it has hard as I can, which has a similarly little effect.

Destiny> god damn
<Destiny> flying ninja kick it
<Daik> nothing. the glass seems unbreakable
<Daik> The spikes are now only two floors up.

Running out of time, I try to think faster. I think back to previous puzzles. What did I miss before? Then I remembered the lights. I looked up towards the light, which wasn't all that far away now. Unfortunately, this light was not hiding anything, or holding any clues. The walls! I suddenly think. There hasn't been any secret panels yet, so there must be one now, surely! I run around the edge of the room hurridly searching for any hidden panels or switches, but find nothing. I can see the spikes with worrying clarity by this point.

Destiny> FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
<Destiny> FUKC
<Destiny> COCKS
<Destiny> COCKS
<Destiny> AHHH
<Destiny> SPIKES
<Daik> spikes are ceiling level
* Destiny RUNS AROUND IN CIRCLES

The thought crossed my mind that this could be a dream. Maybe i'm dead after all, and this room i'm seeing now isn't real. Even if that's true though, dreaming for a little longer would be better than returning to that bleak, mindless hell. With the idea of extending my life for a few seconds, I lie down on the floor. Now facing the spikes directly, I have a much better view of them. I look for any gaps between them I could slide into, or maybe any holes around the edge. However, it looks like there is no avoiding my destiny. I did draw a nice diagram of lying between the spikes though!

<Destiny> like this diagram
<Destiny> \/.\/
<Destiny> i am the dot
<Daik> spikes are too close together.
<Destiny> ergh
<Destiny> IM GOING TO DIE AGAIN
<Destiny> FUCK
<Daik> shoulder level...
<Destiny> WHAT DO I DO
<Daik> what /do/ you do?
<Destiny> I DONT KNOW DAIK
<Destiny> I CANT FIGURE IT OUT
<Destiny> GO TO THE TERMINAL
<Daik> the terminal shows 5 words.
Destiny> OH
<Destiny> OH
<Daik> "Why did the spikes come?"

I thought about that one. My first thought was 'because i'm dreaming', but there was no solution to be gained from that, and so I moved on. I remembered being in room 35, and hearing the click of a latch. Again though, there was no solution to be gained. The spikes were at torso level by now.

So it must be about this time the spikes started. Thinking back though, they just began. I didn't /do/ anything specific...

* Destiny sighs
<Destiny> looks like this is it
<Daik> it's nearing your waist level.
<Destiny> i love how it's slowed down
<Destiny> as it's got closer
<Destiny> gives me time to lament
<Daik> the spikes creep ever closer

And then, with an odd burst of sudden realisation, akin only to what you see in detective movies, I realised why the spikes had started their descent.

<Destiny> because i thought i was dead!
<Destiny> IM ALIVE
<Destiny> IM ALIVE
<Destiny> A-FUCKING-LIVE
<Daik> the spikes sloowly come to a halt in front of your face
<Destiny> HELL IS THIS DENOUEMENT DEAD?
<Destiny> NO
<Destiny> IT'S DENOUEMENT LIVE
<Destiny> BITCH
<Daik> and with that, the ceiling drops the last foot of space an- just kidding.
<Destiny> just-
<Destiny> i hate you
<Destiny> you know that?

Slowly but surely, the spikes rise back into the ceiling. As the monitor is once again revealed, it reveals with it a message:

"Once you've accessed the 5, the missing ones will direct you down."

The spikes click back into their original place in the ceiling, giving me some time to think about this latest revelation. 5... floors? And 'missing ones' must relate to the missing doors.

<Daik> The ceiling itself releases itself, giving you a split second glimpse of it rushing towards you. The last thing you remember before you're out is the ceiling, in your face.
<Destiny> lovely
<Daik> But you wake up after a couple moments, lying on a cold unyielding floor. Eyes flying open, you find yourself unexplicably on floor 3, right outside door 35.

Once again exhausted, I fall immediately unconscious. Poor Wumbla, he must be terrified after seeing this happen to me twice in a row.

It Must've Been Love

Postby wumbla » 2010.09.30 (04:49)

Wumbla
====
terrified after seeing destiny almost getting spiked twice in a row, I decide not to stick with this destiny kid because his bad luck is probably contagious... But nonetheless I try to see if there is qny way into room 35, maybe the ceiling won't be so spikey if I am there I try all the doors to se if any are unlocked
this is would be much quicker with irc, which I don't have ;-;
Last edited by wumbla on 2010.09.30 (20:15), edited 1 time in total.
YOU WUMBLA
HE SHE ME
WUMBLA

Jedi Pimp

Postby Raif » 2010.09.30 (06:35)

Raif
=====

I thought about how Destiny had found a letter shaped depression in Room 35. Then I realise that Floor 1 is the only floor with a carpet.
I search the ground, on all fours looking for anything suspicious.
I also try to find the ends of the carpet and pull it off the floor.
After that I go try the handle of door 12, hoping it won't pull me in.

Not any particular floor
14, 19, 20, 25, 40, 42, 50, 57 <- The missing rooms (Floor 3 is the only one with all the rooms). Also 20, 40, 50. Could those be the triple rooms?
10, 11, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 35, 41, 43, 51 <- Open rooms from the ones which have been tried
21, 24, 26, 27, 32, 34, 48 <- Locked rooms from the ones which have been tried

Floor 1

Floor 2
"! #32"
A weird picture in Room 23 that bhz is not allowed to post.

Floor 3
N on the floor of Room 35 (Probably room letter for room 35 or floor letter for floor 3, most likely room letter.)

Floor 4
What happened to the Floor 4 clues? SOMEONE WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL ON FLOOR FOUR

Floor 5
"A riddle to each room."
"1-2-3" (With 1 circled)

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2010.09.30 (19:55)

Heh, amazing posts there Destiny.

I'm changing my name to 999_Springs because Daik doesn't believe that I'm half-robot. I don't get why he doesn't believe it when it's so obvious. My IRC name still stays as Zapmeister999 though.

999_Springs
===========

Heh the first three times I misread that post as "you can't open it".

I slowly push the door to Room 43 and open it as far as it will go. Holding the door wide open I look around the room while walking inside it VERY VERY SLOWLY. I pick up the first thing that is suitable as a doorstop and use it to prop the door open, then walk further inside and examine the room in every possible detail.

Also, I'm about to demolish bhz's maths.
Click here for a lot of maths

The limit isn't zero. The limit doesn't actually exist.

You know there are infinitely many values of x for which cos x = -1. If cos x = -1 then ln(cos x +1) isn't defined. If cos x is really close to -1 then ln(cos x +1) is really large and negative so ln² (cos x +1) is really large and positive and goes off to infinity. If cos x isn't close to -1 then the denominator gets really big for large x and the function is close to zero.

The actual definition of the limit basically says that if you think of some really small distance then there's got to be a point at which the function HAS GOT TO stay within that distance as x gets bigger. Since this weird function keeps going off to infinity and back down to zero all the time, it won't ever stay within some fixed distance of any limit, so it doesn't actually have a limit.

Edit: Daik told me on IRC that he actually intended the limit to be zero. So it looks like the person who designed this hotel is bad at English grammar and he can't count and he can't do real analysis either. What a fail. Well at least we now know what he intended.

Edit2: I enter room 43, leaving the door open. There's nothing in the room except a totally blacked-out vending machine with a numpad on it. I type the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, etc, in sequence into the numpad and when I get to 43... *whir* *clunk* A coin drops out. It doesn't look like any normal coin. It has the engraving "A Great Change" on it. I type 43 again. Nothing happens. I pocket the coin and walk out of the room, leaving the door open, and join MAXXXON in room 41.

Room 41 is a normal suite. Bed, bathroom, drawers, TV, and MAXXXON, who seems to be staring into space. The TV doesn't seem to have a remote control anywhere. I press the power button. Nothing except static. I mess with the channel buttons. Random channel numbers pop up on the screen whenever the channel button is pressed. With no pattern whatsoever. Obviously this TV comes from IKEA, I think to myself. Everything is either missing or is out of place and it doesn't work. But then I remember that IKEA doesn't sell TVs but only TV accessories. Well maybe this is the IKEA OF THE FUTURE, that actually sells TVs now, which is still trying to colonise the entire universe with all these new-fangled flatpack rubbish products that don't work.

I head off to the bathroom and proceed to flush 999 springs down the toilet while singing "999 springs to flush down". Then I fall asleep on the bed and don't wake up for 12 hours.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

Jedi Pimp

Postby Raif » 2010.10.09 (10:15)

Raif
=====

My search to find something on the carpet doesn't reveal anything.
As I try to pull the carpet off the floor it refuses to budge.
Unhappy about being unable to find anything on the carpet, I proceed to the door of Room 12 and try to open it, hoping it won't suck me in.
The door comes open in my hands and to my relief I am not sucked in.
Inside I see two beds, two drawers and a phone.
The phone being the most obvious place for a clue, I leave it for last and start with the beds.
I check under the beds, under the sheets, under the pillows and in the pillows.
But nothing.
I proceed to search the drawers, but again nothing.
Unable to find anything else in the room I go over and pick the phone.
As I pickup the phone I see a flashing message.
"1 new message"
I press the OK button and I hear a voice say,
"what ARE you doing"
I try to find out from whom the message had come, but the phone didn't show it.
I press a number and listen to see if there is any dial tone, but again nothing.
Obviously, not trusting anything in this hotel I lie down on the bed and proceed to call all numbers from 0 to 100.
My entering of the numbers yield nothing. I had just succeeded in wasting away about 10 minutes of my life.
I look around the room again and being unable to find anything suspicious, I walk out of Room 12 and proceed to Room 13, not afraid of anything.
The door of Room 13 also comes open and I see the same scene that I saw in Room 12 before minus the phone and plus a bedside table.
There is also a greasy smell in the air.
Like before first I proceed to search the beds. But again nothing.
Then I proceed on to search the drawers. And in the first one I find the source of the greasy smell,
A thing of McDonald fries.
In the other drawer I find what looks like a big mac, and something carved into the drawer.
A piece of writing saying,
"The Artery Clogging Arches"
The Mac and the fries look, like the eggs, very stale and slightly moldy too.
After checking the bedside table, and looking all around the room, I walk out of the Room 13 thinking about the missing Room 14.
Thinking that there might be a hidden entrance or something to Room 14, I walk towards Room 15 tapping the walls all around.
However I reach the lift before Room 15 and decide to enter the lift again, remembering that I had forgotten to search it last time.
My tapping had revealed nothing.
As I enter the lift and look around I immediately see something which I had not seen before, an opening panel on the ceiling of the lift, maybe leading to the elevator shaft.
I climb onto the chair which I had left in the lift before, remove the panel and pull my self into what seems to be as I had thought a shaft.
Around me I see walls, the elevator cable and the elevator below me.
I try to climb up the elevator cable, but I find that the wires are incredibly rough and are hurting my hands.

Here I try to convince that I am wearing gloves and most unlike himself he believes me.
However he informs me that I am still unable to climb up the shaft and and that even if I did I would get trapped in the darkness at the top and be unable to come down.

Annoyed at being unable to go up I go back down and type random things into the keypad such as "password", "Denouement" and "VFD".
As I am about to begin typing the alphabet into the keypad a mysterious voice says:
"As a hint you were able to go up for a reason."
I make my way up again and look down at the top of the elevator, I can make out some writing there but seems like I will need a light to read it.
I reach into my pockets, take my phone and switch on the screen.

However Daik mysteriously makes my phone run out of battery here.

I reach into my pocket to take out my extra battery...

which you don't have, stop trying to cheat.

Looks like I am going to have to read it with the materials available in this hotel.
I pickup the panel wondering whether it is made out of reflective material.

However Daik informs me that it is not.

I try to remember anything which could be used as a source of light from the rooms I had been in.
The first thing that comes to my mind is the phone in Room 12.

Daik informs me that it is not a cordless phone..........................................................

I sit down for sometime thinking hard.
Suddenly I remember that the hallways were lined with candles.
Excited I climb down, run out into the hallway and break a candle, taking care not to extinguish the flame.
I make my way back up on top of the lift and try to read the writing.
It says: "A word to a floor, a key to the lift."
I think to myself,

"So we need a word for each floor, eh. Maybe each room has a letter and we should join them to make a word."

With that I climb out of the elevator shaft, pleased with myself about finding three clues today, and make my way to Room 12 to have a good long nap.

Not any particular floor
14, 19, 20, 25, 40, 42, 50, 57 <- The missing rooms (Floor 3 is the only one with all the rooms). Also 20, 40, 50. Could those be the triple rooms?
10, 11, 12, 13, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 35, 41, 43, 51 <- Open rooms from the ones which have been tried
21, 24, 26, 27, 32, 34, 48 <- Locked rooms from the ones which have been tried

Floor 1
"what ARE you doing" (Dunno why Daik spelled ARE in capitals, maybe R is room letter for Room 12.)
"The Artery Clogging Arches"
"A word to a floor, a key to the lift."

Floor 2
"! #32"
A weird picture in Room 23 that bhz is not allowed to post.

Floor 3
"You get a T for the floor" (Maybe T is room letter for Room 30)
N on the floor of Room 35 (Most likely room letter for Room 35.)

Floor 4
"A Great Change"

Floor 5
"A riddle to each room."
"1-2-3" (With 1 circled)
Last edited by Raif on 2010.10.09 (15:50), edited 2 times in total.

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2010.10.09 (12:40)

Am I the only one completely in the deep end here? Can someone explain what we have to do?

Jedi Pimp

Postby Raif » 2010.10.09 (15:52)

Universezero wrote:Am I the only one completely in the deep end here? Can someone explain what we have to do?
You just have to search for clues which will help you get out of here. :/

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2010.10.10 (04:19)

am I allowed to commit suicide
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea