Dungeons and Dragons

Discuss, create, and theorize about roleplaying games, tabletop games, board games, and other non-electronic interactive entertainments. Run dedicated or complex forum games here, also.

Moderator: ℎalifax

Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2008.11.26 (06:04)

blue_tetris wrote:
SlappyMcGee wrote:So, aside from keeping non-combat oriented players attentive to the game, it also streamlines combat. The system gives a vehicle for DMs to describe some fantastic things during the combat (Melf's Acid Arrow might not be Melf's anymore, but it is still fascinating to hear about a giant acidic laser arrow soaring through the sky into a dude) which should satisfy the gorehounds, but it also means that combat can be handled quickly. We can then move on to what a lot of Dunegeoners found was missing from recent games, which is to say an emphasis on character development and plot exposition. I'd rather have an easy combat system that makes us all more powerful so I can get back to deciding whether or not I should trust the traitorous Tarsheva.
Tarsheva reaches for the cuff of your sleeve, but to no avail. She seems to be composed of vaporous ghoststuff. Perhaps it wasn't all lies, after all.
Coburne will use his paladin training to try and sense motive. He'll also arm his longsword, just to be sure.
Loathes

Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.11.26 (06:06)

SlappyMcGee wrote:
blue_tetris wrote:
SlappyMcGee wrote:So, aside from keeping non-combat oriented players attentive to the game, it also streamlines combat. The system gives a vehicle for DMs to describe some fantastic things during the combat (Melf's Acid Arrow might not be Melf's anymore, but it is still fascinating to hear about a giant acidic laser arrow soaring through the sky into a dude) which should satisfy the gorehounds, but it also means that combat can be handled quickly. We can then move on to what a lot of Dunegeoners found was missing from recent games, which is to say an emphasis on character development and plot exposition. I'd rather have an easy combat system that makes us all more powerful so I can get back to deciding whether or not I should trust the traitorous Tarsheva.
Tarsheva reaches for the cuff of your sleeve, but to no avail. She seems to be composed of vaporous ghoststuff. Perhaps it wasn't all lies, after all.
Coburne will use his paladin training to try and sense motive. He'll also arm his longsword, just to be sure.
He doesn't get a solid read on her, but his eyes do not deceive. She bends and ebbs around him as they interact, as if she were an illusion.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2008.11.26 (06:10)

You should have him beckon to her, "Tarsheva, what is the meaning of this? Is this another one of your tricks?" And then take a step back, for protection.
Loathes

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.11.26 (06:14)

I take a step back and quickly look around the room. A file, a chart, a whiteboard--there must be something here to identify this woman. Are we going by the name on these machines alone?

After a cursory search of the area, there are no medical notes or papers I can find to help identify the woman.

Danielle, if that's truly her name, is out cold now. She doesn't show the signs of a sleeper. Her breath is nonexistent. Her skin is cold to the touch. It's as if she's died. Medea is watching the monitors and hasn't reported anything like that, so I must assume Danielle is still with us, despite my analysis.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2008.11.26 (06:21)

blue_tetris wrote:I take a step back and quickly look around the room. A file, a chart, a whiteboard--there must be something here to identify this woman. Are we going by the name on these machines alone?

After a cursory search of the area, there are no medical notes or papers I can find to help identify the woman.

Danielle, if that's truly her name, is out cold now. She doesn't show the signs of a sleeper. Her breath is nonexistent. Her skin is cold to the touch. It's as if she's died. Medea is watching the monitors and hasn't reported anything like that, so I must assume Danielle is still with us, despite my analysis.

Can you use the key that you found in hall A with the blood on it to open the door in the top-right corner?
Loathes

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2008.11.26 (07:46)

SlappyMcGee wrote:
blue_tetris wrote:I take a step back and quickly look around the room. A file, a chart, a whiteboard--there must be something here to identify this woman. Are we going by the name on these machines alone?

Can you use the key that you found in hall A with the blood on it to open the door in the top-right corner?
Reality Deviant identified. Suspected Nephandi. Recommend dispatch of Black Suits to secure immediate surroundings and evacuate all Sleepers; HIT Mark XS07-031 is already en route to neutralize target.
XS07-031 has reported two Sleeper law enforcement personnel as collateral damage. XS07-031 has suffered 0 rads Paradox; current Paradox: 3400 rads.
XS07-031 has arrived on location.
XS07-031 reports: "i see him, hes a nephandi alright. call it"
Statistician Gary Langsley (S-ENG-0-4233-445) reports: "Black suits confirm all Sleepers have been relocated. Proceed when ready, 031."
XS07-031 has been cleared to engage Nephandi target (auth code: 0-4233-07).
WARNING: Sleeper witness detected in vicinity of target. Proceed anyway?
Statistician Gary Langsley (S-ENG-0-4233-445) reports: "STAND DOWN, 031. Black suits will confirm that remaining Sleeper is extracted."
XS07-031: Connection error.
XS07-031 has absorbed 877,600 rads of Paradox. XS07-031 is presumed dead.
Status of target unknown.
Statistician Gary Langsley (S-ENG-0-4233-445) reports: "Damnit! I want all Black suits in there NOW."
<<External channel>> Men in Black: "location exploded; was that your hit mark?? one black suit killed, three injured. GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR IMMEDIATELY"
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.11.26 (08:50)

D'joo ever see Safe, Suki?

*misses it dearly*

The Konami Number
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Atilla

Postby Atilla » 2008.11.26 (12:39)

Remove the tube from Danielle's chest.

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2008.11.26 (17:50)

blue_tetris wrote:D'joo ever see Safe, Suki?

*misses it dearly*
No...
*Googles*
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.11.26 (20:30)

I made it. It's on the old forums, not on Google.

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2008.11.27 (01:10)

Safe: The Best Game That Nobody Played.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.11.27 (03:14)

rennaT wrote:Safe: The Best Game That Nobody Played.
Slappy and I had the original intent of hijacking this thread and reviving Safe, one on one.

If I ever feel like doing it again, it'll be its own thing on The Real N.

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/KlanKaos

Postby KlanKaos » 2009.09.15 (03:30)

Damn... Do I need 4E to play on Vent? Because I would dearly love to, but I've stuck with 3.5... I have too much money invested in 3.5 books, and not enough disposable income, to switch to 4E quite yet. I suppose once I hit university I'll have to...

I'll have to have a look through the 4E rulebooks. They looked kind of strange to me when I skimmed them, so I didn't look deeper, and I'd heard it was WotC trying to sell more shit without changing anything for the better, so I wasn't predisposed to look at them in-depth. I'll check them out more intensely next time I'm in town.

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.09.16 (11:18)

KlanKaos wrote:Damn... Do I need 4E to play on Vent? Because I would dearly love to, but I've stuck with 3.5... I have too much money invested in 3.5 books, and not enough disposable income, to switch to 4E quite yet. I suppose once I hit university I'll have to...

I'll have to have a look through the 4E rulebooks. They looked kind of strange to me when I skimmed them, so I didn't look deeper, and I'd heard it was WotC trying to sell more shit without changing anything for the better, so I wasn't predisposed to look at them in-depth. I'll check them out more intensely next time I'm in town.
first of all, the idea that WotC is trying to sell more shit is accurate, because they are a company. But about not making shit better? 4e is a vasy improvement of 3.5. And if you wanted to join one of our vent games, we can hook you up with all of the information you need to play legitimatly, using our D&D Insider accounts. ( We=slappy+bluetetris)
Loathes

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/KlanKaos

Postby KlanKaos » 2009.09.16 (18:08)

Solid.

/me installs Vent

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2010.07.28 (02:35)

Hey, me and Quote are starting a game over IRC. #nethack if your interested. (we need a DM and one more player)
spoiler

The Dreamster Teamster

Postby Combo Bustperson » 2010.07.28 (02:39)

Bio wrote:Hey, me and Quote are starting a game over IRC. #nethack if your interested. (we need a DM and one more player)
Ideally we need at least 3 more, although any will do. Keep in mind that both of us are near complete beginners and probably didn't build our characters that well.

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Kablizzy » 2011.06.03 (05:09)

steaveford wrote:It's very funy, and if you have the time to commit to something, Such as regular nights off, for example, every Friday. We had love for you to join us on Ventrilo and playing once. We can set you up with all the materials.
...WHAT THE EVERLIVING FUCK.!?
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

The number of seats in an Airbus A380
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/slayr

Postby Slayr » 2011.06.09 (03:14)

I used to play but could never find people to play with, it was usually me and 1 or 2 other people which really sucked. But I definitely will try this out. When do you guys usually play?