Thoughts on how to be a better player

Talk about the latest flash version of the ninja game here!

Moderator: Oleary15

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.05.21 (16:52)

I decided to make this post cause a few thoughts accumulated while trying hard at things, so I wonder if you might have some.
About staying positive, I find the trick is to keep the mental tension (but quite a light one) and know that you're in it for the long run -cause I think its mostly the ''surprise'' of having died esp after putting so much effort to get that far that causes the frustration reaction.
Another reason for that frustration reaction, it may seem obvious but I think its when in the back of your mind you start to think that you ''cant get what you want anymore'' -and the thing is, I think it goes deeper (more general) than just success in that task. You must keep your wants safe (safe from influences telling you to break free or something) and be conscious of them, for example when playing n you might have like two main wants, n often not being the main one, but you enjoy one and wait patiently for the other.

And about hope for 'success', its good to identify the feeling when even if you havent got the goal you realise you made good efforts and are pleased with yourself. -You should aim for doing things properly. And use it to give up on a challenge happy -overtime you get better. Otherwise its sucks -u can really become a slave to specific goals and some factors are genuinely beyond your control. But if you're trying well +not limited, not only are you safer than you ever could be in any other state, you should feel on top of any problems and feel successful despite various things -realising specific successes are misleading (although with a clear head you'll know what to go for +should keep it clear in your mind).
(the work bit I'd say is- lightly suffering or releasing your resistance)
Last edited by james_S on 2014.07.28 (15:49), edited 3 times in total.
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

Menstrual

Postby Johan1996 » 2014.05.22 (05:19)

Don't jump any higher than necessary