N v2.0... it's finally out!

Talk about the latest flash version of the ninja game here!

Moderator: Oleary15

Maxwell Smart
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/panstromek

Postby panstromek » 2013.08.14 (17:21)

MiBeM wrote: -not sure if high-speed cornerjumps are impossible or just ridiculously hard to pull off, haven't been able to do one myself. (could be just super hard because the framerate is higher so there's less time you're actually touching the corner before you bounce off) In my opinion cj's were a pretty important part of speedrunning and highscoring on a lot of levels and I would like to see them made possible/easier again somehow.
-preferred the old leaderboard layout and the top 20 instead of top 10 (it was a bit easier to get to top 20 and feel really good about yourself but the competition for higher spots was still very tough)
-metanet levels were less challenging, less diverse and less fun to speedrun than in the original
- Cornerjumps are possible, just really hard. I accidently did it once i think :). But yes, I miss them too (even if it was too hard for me).
- When you look at some easier levels, top 10 is sometimes same score, so you can't reach it anymore. Top 20 would be great, I agree (or would be great to have full list, even without replays, just scores, but I can't imagine how many people play N, maybe it is impossible). Anyway I found highscoring on basic levels as pointless. I can't understand how can someone enjoy trying to beat higscore that is just few frames higher so you can't say where you were slower because it is absolutely unimaginable time value. I like it more in user levels where you compete every day on new levels and competition depends on who will find faster solution.
- About levels. I think that this tactics is better. When I started playing (v1.4) I recommended N to lot of my friends but many of them stopped very quickly because it was just too hard. V2.0 comes with levels easier for beginners but more challenging for plaing on highscore (typical example is 1-3 or 2-2, but these levels are really easy). I agree that for speedruns it's not very fun to play (1-3 is really pointless :). And the last thing is: Levels are designed for Arcade mode, too. With harder levels it would be impossible to finish.

Yesterday I tried Nreality for the first time and I must say it is really awesome. It's like everything what I ever missed in N is in Nreality. Problem is that it is non-playable on my computer (as well as v1.4). Nreality is connected with Numa and that's exact what is missing in v2.0. It is bad that new version splitted the community into two groups. I'd love to play lot of levels on numa but I can't because they are designed for v1.4. The bigger part community is not moving into v2.0 because they love their old bugs (in my eys it is a bit ignorant) so v2.0 is not very much played. But it deserves to, because there are a lot new mappers (not found on Numa), they make a very good maps, too. Sometimes a lot more innovative and fun to play than what I found on Numa. And these levels stay unbeated and unrated. That's sad. But v2.0 can't replace Numa because it hasn't got lot of things (comments etc.). It is bad situation.

"Asked ortsz for a name change"
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Pixelwiz
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby DraxoBox » 2013.08.21 (19:49)

I beat all columns except the b column, stuck on b7-4 "I'm Antoni Gaudi, I'm Dead" by Yahoozy. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
Deluxcious.

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/beginner2
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby mediate » 2013.08.22 (13:50)

Pixelwiz wrote:I beat all columns except the b column, stuck on b7-4 "I'm Antoni Gaudi, I'm Dead" by Yahoozy. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
It's a serious pain in the ass ... I hate that level with a passion, but it is possible. You have to time it just right all the time and keep the missile circling you. The alcove on the right can be used to kill it and buy some time, but it's still unnecessarily painful to go through that level. It's easier than b9-4 for Christ's sake.

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Yahoozy
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby  yahoozy » 2013.08.22 (18:18)

I think it might be impossible because someone forgot to put the edited version of the map in the game, meaning you're trapped a level above the door because of one-ways.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.08.22 (23:50)

Yeah of course its possible, its been beaten by a lot of people already, its the edited version don't worry. They have actually udated it, when I beat the game for the first time you started at the top, but was still possible because it had already been edited. Now you start at the bottom.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Postby DraxoBox » 2013.08.23 (03:35)

yuuzhu wrote:I think it might be impossible because someone forgot to put the edited version of the map in the game, meaning you're trapped a level above the door because of one-ways.
I actually meant obscenely, terribly, perhaps even illegally hard to complete.
Deluxcious.

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Yahoozy
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby  yahoozy » 2013.08.23 (06:49)

Oh, that's on you then. Watch some demos on the map page to discover some good routes!

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Vanquish

Postby Vanquish » 2013.08.23 (14:19)

hey, just a question:
whats with those numbers that come up on the far left side of the screen when you press the "insert" button in-game?
just wondering because im a bit curious about it

Postby DraxoBox » 2013.08.23 (15:12)

milliseconds per frame.
It also appears if caps lock is on or if ctrl or tab is held down.
Deluxcious.

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.04 (19:35)

Strange bug: Few days ago I deleted some of my maps from editor menu. I make backup before publishing, because sometimes it acts weird. And today I looked to new levels and there were levels I deleted, posted by another people. I thought someone stole them but there was too some not published levels, that no one had seen, except me. I tried to play some higscore and it was bugged, ninja just jumped to drone. I think that someone got same address of a level after I deleted it and made his level, but my profile still remembers my level for that address. So I am propably the only person who see different level (because there was bunch of higscores with nonsense replays, so other people see true version of that level). But I think it happened to more people with deleted levels. It is propably combination with "save delay" bug (level you make sometimes doesn't save, even if you do it, and after some time it changes to new version. Delay is normally long 2-6 days.)

Plus (Size) Member

Postby crunchytoast » 2013.09.04 (21:04)

man... I love the effort still being put into this game... but the first 4 columns are horrendously simply and boring to play through... it lags for me suddenly and ferociously on and off... the engine itself has promise but it feels like we've taken a massive step back from Nreality in terms of user friendliness

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.09 (18:39)

panstromek wrote:Strange bug: Few days ago I deleted some of my maps from editor menu. I make backup before publishing, because sometimes it acts weird. And today I looked to new levels and there were levels I deleted, posted by another people. I thought someone stole them but there was too some not published levels, that no one had seen, except me. I tried to play some higscore and it was bugged, ninja just jumped to drone. I think that someone got same address of a level after I deleted it and made his level, but my profile still remembers my level for that address. So I am propably the only person who see different level (because there was bunch of higscores with nonsense replays, so other people see true version of that level). But I think it happened to more people with deleted levels. It is propably combination with "save delay" bug (level you make sometimes doesn't save, even if you do it, and after some time it changes to new version. Delay is normally long 2-6 days.)
Yep not a one off that, it happened to quite a simple to copy map of mine and I thought the guy did it for a laugh and thought haha crazy guy.. but then I saw ppl's run replays were not right, as u say.

Interesting that you realised that that other bug is a save 'delay' bug, when it happened to me I just thought oh crap and deleted and started over.

Is anyone else jumping up and down cause N2 has been down for two days. I can hardly believe it (or is it just happening on my computer :s ? )

PS. Panstromek, I like your maps :) and u know, Im kinda sorry I haven't played your control the machine. its a patience thing I guess
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.09 (19:28)

[/quote]
- Cornerjumps are possible, just really hard. I accidently did it once i think :). But yes, I miss them too (even if it was too hard for me).
- When you look at some easier levels, top 10 is sometimes same score, so you can't reach it anymore. Top 20 would be great, I agree (or would be great to have full list, even without replays, just scores, but I can't imagine how many people play N, maybe it is impossible). Anyway I found highscoring on basic levels as pointless. I can't understand how can someone enjoy trying to beat higscore that is just few frames higher so you can't say where you were slower because it is absolutely unimaginable time value. I like it more in user levels where you compete every day on new levels and competition depends on who will find faster solution.
- About levels. I think that this tactics is better. When I started playing (v1.4) I recommended N to lot of my friends but many of them stopped very quickly because it was just too hard. V2.0 comes with levels easier for beginners but more challenging for plaing on highscore (typical example is 1-3 or 2-2, but these levels are really easy). I agree that for speedruns it's not very fun to play (1-3 is really pointless :). And the last thing is: Levels are designed for Arcade mode, too. With harder levels it would be impossible to finish.

Yesterday I tried Nreality for the first time and I must say it is really awesome. It's like everything what I ever missed in N is in Nreality. Problem is that it is non-playable on my computer (as well as v1.4). Nreality is connected with Numa and that's exact what is missing in v2.0. It is bad that new version splitted the community into two groups. I'd love to play lot of levels on numa but I can't because they are designed for v1.4. The bigger part community is not moving into v2.0 because they love their old bugs (in my eys it is a bit ignorant) so v2.0 is not very much played. But it deserves to, because there are a lot new mappers (not found on Numa), they make a very good maps, too. Sometimes a lot more innovative and fun to play than what I found on Numa. And these levels stay unbeated and unrated. That's sad. But v2.0 can't replace Numa because it hasn't got lot of things (comments etc.). It is bad situation. [/quote]

Corner jumps possible? well if so whats the point anyway if you have to be Danielr to do them in a speed run. All in all I think N2.0 is ehm, a disaster. (altho not for Metanet as its good for attracting new players who may buy N++ (luv the advert for that btw)). The only good thing is the smoothness which I do value very highly actually, and the user levels concept which I think is fantastic cause its like watching the news (as there's always new ideas which pretty much anyone can contribute -and that's the thing, some map ideas are fun and quirky as well as rubbish -ones which no pro mapper would dare put out on numa maps).
The fact that's its easier (easier maps/ slower jumps, of course) -comes with its cost. Only top ten high scores saved is awful. But its interesting that as u cant see a replay of your failed run, its more of a memory test -remembering the threat and possible ways to avoid it. -Not sure if anyone likes this memory test?

But I cant really leave N2 for older N because of the smoothness and wouldn't want to decrease the N2.0 community even further while there's still good there. (lack of pros on there is the biggest problem in the user maps game play as it Also ends up in maps not being fairly rated)

PS. You all know that numa maps can be played on N2.0 right, but I'm not sure if u can translate N2.0 maps into numa map(1.4) format -I would find out right now but I cant access N.

Ice Cold

Postby _danielr_ » 2013.09.09 (19:57)

Yo, we meet at last :D
james_S wrote:Yesterday I tried Nreality for the first time and I must say it is really awesome... Problem is that it is non-playable on my computer (as well as v1.4).
Hell yeah, it's awesome.
Why can't you play it?
james_S wrote:Not sure if anyone likes this memory test?
Having no replays is a pain - especially when having done some bit of flukey skill, and wanting to work out how to repeat it.
james_S wrote:But I cant really leave N2 for older N because of the smoothness and wouldn't want to decrease the N2.0 community even further while there's still good there.
Yeah, the smoothness is definitely unparalleled with N2, but... why not play both?

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.10 (19:59)

panstromek wrote:- Cornerjumps are possible, just really hard. I accidently did it once i think :).
james_S wrote:Corner jumps possible?
Nope bro they aren't possible, check out 16-1 or 91-1 0ths for instance, they seem to be cj's because they are done at a decent speed, don't get tricked by that though, thats just jumping on the corners, which is not a corner jump. I'd suggest 90-1 because it has more, but its more obvious that those are not cj's so thats why I suggested those 2 previous ones, because they might seem as corner jumps, but NO.

A corner jump can give you more height/speed/power than a regular jump, and you will never be able to do that here, its simply not possible, the code of the game just doesn't support that kind of behaviour at all anymore, there was a reason they were possible and its gone, so there's no doubt they are impossible, no remote possibility.

Any trick regarding tiles (which were achieved by getting into the tiles and then getting bumped off, even if you didn't notice this), like corner jumps, kicks, shoves, or whatever, are now gone. You can show me any example you want, any example you find out there, and Ill explain you why thats not really a corner jump. All you can do in v2.0, I reiterate, is just executing a regular jump off the corners of the tiles, but that will act as a regular jump.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.10 (22:01)

Hey Daniel, cool :) yea it has been a while too. I remember recently when you completely outran a seeker drone o_O (thrasher26's Simple challenge 6 (map where u escape the drone in a sort of spiral tunnel, edges at right angles)) especially as I was pretty new to tunnel techniques.
I was gonna surprise you with a Wolverhampton Wanderers (soccer club) map, but didn't think that was actually much to do with you (slightly different area?) and it is quite a long word to write lol. Would've been a football scarf from gold -(Fujita Seiko made a map where u fall through a gold column as wide as it is possible to get all the gold in one). You're a fellow Englisherr eh, I've been living in London for about 15yrs but I came from Latvia/Russia/mix w/e.
lol Yea I could play both I guess even despite the time. You play numa maps mostly then or Nreality? I don't even know when it came out? -has it been near perfected already?
See u next time!

Talking of corner jumps, I never noticed, could you in previous N fall down(die) directly into a corner and bounce off with power? (Would be funny if that's a new occurrence in an N game where there's no remote possibility! of corner jumps). M&R took it off for technical reasons mostly then Eddy, or all u know is that it was like a bug that's not there anymore? You could argue that corner jumps aren't very 'realistic', but then, you can no longer die if you cushion the impact of hitting the ceiling at a million mph with your, be it quite a large head. -That would've avoided the current chimneying bug eh!

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.10 (22:50)

james_S wrote:Talking of corner jumps, I never noticed, could you in previous N fall down(die) directly into a corner and bounce off with power? (Would be funny if that's a new occurrence in an N game where there's no remote possibility! of corner jumps). M&R took it off for technical reasons mostly then Eddy, or all u know is that it was like a bug that's not there anymore? You could argue that corner jumps aren't very 'realistic', but then, you can no longer die if you cushion the impact of hitting the ceiling at a million mph with your, be it quite a large head. -That would've avoided the current chimneying bug eh!
Corner jumps were indeed a bug, because as I said they were produced thanks to the fact that you got into the tile and got bumped off, M&R recoded the game and it no longer features that, which was clearly a bug, hence corner jumps have dissapeared as well. So yeah they have dissapeared because of technical reasons but not quite intentionally though, as M&R weren't aware that would cause them to dissapear (not sure they were even aware of cj's at all).

I didn't quite get the rest of your point though :P If you could fall to corners and die? Yeah you sure could, and you could also fall to corners and survive, which also happens in this new version. And yeah falling to corners sometimes caused some serious propulsion if thats what you meant.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Ice Cold

Postby _danielr_ » 2013.09.11 (00:00)

EddyMataGallos wrote:A corner jump can give you more height/speed/power than a regular jump, and you will never be able to do that here... show me any example you want... and I'll explain you why that's not really a corner jump.
Hmm.
kkstrong must have magical abilities on a2-1, then ;)

Talking of "glitches" and whatnot, I'm glad the uber jump off the side of a thwump remains (see 'hard challenge three')

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.11 (00:36)

EddyMataGallos wrote:
james_S wrote:Talking of corner jumps, I never noticed, could you in previous N fall down(die) directly into a corner and bounce off with power? (Would be funny if that's a new occurrence in an N game where there's no remote possibility! of corner jumps). M&R took it off for technical reasons mostly then Eddy, or all u know is that it was like a bug that's not there anymore? You could argue that corner jumps aren't very 'realistic', but then, you can no longer die if you cushion the impact of hitting the ceiling at a million mph with your, be it quite a large head. -That would've avoided the current chimneying bug eh!
Corner jumps were indeed a bug, because as I said they were produced thanks to the fact that you got into the tile and got bumped off, M&R recoded the game and it no longer features that, which was clearly a bug, hence corner jumps have dissapeared as well. So yeah they have dissapeared because of technical reasons but not quite intentionally though, as M&R weren't aware that would cause them to dissapear (not sure they were even aware of cj's at all).

I didn't quite get the rest of your point though :P If you could fall to corners and die? Yeah you sure could, and you could also fall to corners and survive, which also happens in this new version. And yeah falling to corners sometimes caused some serious propulsion if thats what you meant.
-yep i did mean that, getting propelled if u fall directly into a corner on the (horizontal) floor. (I've seen it when u fall too fast so as u die then get propelled which looks odd). (-I was thinking you may not have experienced this as it usually happens when you're loosing -get pwned by a drone one too many times lolll). So hey, you're saying u could fall faster than normal surviving speed, land into a floor corner and run again ? o_O that would look sick in a speed run, people need to see that.. (and u say this is easier in N2 but also possible in 1.4?)
So my point was this is that same being bumped off a tile effect which is happening, yet corner ceiling jumps are not possible.

ps. :( I cant see a1.1.1 map etc not completed
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.11 (12:44), edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cold

Postby _danielr_ » 2013.09.11 (10:29)

james_S wrote:I remember recently when you completely outran a seeker drone o_O ...especially as I was pretty new to tunnel techniques."
New?? Seemed pretty good when you took me on ' Gold Rush 3' :P (although yougotPWNED now has that... )
james_S wrote:I've been living in London for about 15yrs.
Oh really? I live near Wales, but with uni being so close to London I often go there. Well, I say often. Like a few times a year, haha.
james_S wrote:You play numa maps mostly then or Nreality? I don't even know when it came out? -has it been near perfected already?
I spend most of my time on Nreality, but I occasionally go on the user levels when I want some fun. I virtually never go here http://www.nmaps.net/, if that's what you mean.
A lot of levels have been - or are close to being - perfected. However, every now and then, someone like jp27ace thinks of an innovation which brings everyone back to base one.

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.11 (14:57)

james_S wrote:So hey, you're saying u could fall faster than normal surviving speed, land into a floor corner and run again ? o_O that would look sick in a speed run, people need to see that.. (and u say this is easier in N2 but also possible in 1.4?)
Yeah exactly, that happens a lot on 1.4. You fall, get a big propulsion and keep running. But its not easier in N2.0, basically its not possible!. I mean, on N2.0 you can survive by falling into corners because you reduce your falling speed, and sometimes get a some horizontal speed basically because you hit it pretty hard and bump, not because the tile itself gives you propulsion, but not like it happens in N1.4, in which you can get some brutal propulsions thanks to penetrating the tile and then getting bumped off, you can get unreal propulsions on 1.4 if you hit it with the right angle and speed. That will never happen on N2.0.

As an example, check out this N1.4 demo on NReality, Meta posted it some time ago, it has two propulsions, but focus on the second one, the corner jump one:

Now thats some big ass propulsion isnt it haha.
james_S wrote:So my point was this is that same being bumped off a tile effect which is happening, yet corner ceiling jumps are not possible.
Corner ceiling jumps? Not sure what you mean by that, but if you mean corner shoves (when you went towards a upper corner and jumped, you got propelled downwards), yeah that has dissapeared because it was caused by the same bug, you literally got inside the corner tiles, penetrated them I say, and got bumped off diagonally. Now that has dissapeared and acts more naturally, just walljumping. But naturally==desirable? I know for me it isn't. Shits the flow.
_danielr_ wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:A corner jump can give you more height/speed/power than a regular jump, and you will never be able to do that here... show me any example you want... and I'll explain you why that's not really a corner jump.
Hmm.
kkstrong must have magical abilities on a2-1, then ;)
Heh I knew you would bring that up, I already explained kk why that happened, its weird how you havent noticed it. But read these 2 following paragraphs and you'll understand it. Thats definitely not a cj neither, look closely and you'll see how he RAN on the corner from the bottom part to the upper, that way he gained the vertical speed he needed. Its easy to notice he did NOT gain the extra needed momentum with tile propulsion (or any kind of propulsion whatsoever), which is what cjs give you.

Basically imagine the corner as a slope, obviously if you fall on slopes and run upwards, you gain extra vertical momentum and can reach higher. Now, corners obviously have less surface to run on, which is the reason you can gain very little vertical speed, but as you can see they still have some, the collision still detects some room you can actually run on, specially if done properly (which is hard, most times you will run less of basically bump). There you have it, thats what he did. Look closely and you'll see.

I dont get why you all seem to refuse to believe that the new physics engine just doesn't support getting that kind of propulsion anymore (and Im not denying all sorts of propulsions dont get me wrong, just that specific one that caused corner jumps/kicks/shoves, and probably all sorts of tile-caused ones). I hope this two paragraphs did clear everything up for you all.
myself wrote: show me any example you want... and I'll explain you why that's not really a corner jump.
The explanation has been done. Waiting for more challenges. Over and out.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.11 (16:47)

Thanks for explanation Eddy. But how about thwump corner jumps (and backwards)? And also backwards bounceblock jump, that is possible, this thing works different?

Thanks James S. I like your levels, too. And also levels by Fujita Seiko, Typical fish, trasher26, snaffer, luca, M4xwell, grewz, arandombattery, olsonzap and some more :). Just to know that there are good mappers in v2.0, too.

To that saving delay bug: When you make level, give it a name, save it, then normally quit editor, quit aplication, it's not good to save and then close the window (I don't know why :). Reopen N and see if level has saved. If not, wait (delay is getting longer :(, so sometimes you must wait days) until level change to final version. If the level was saved for the first attempt, don't publish it, wait few hours, or day. Sometimes it seems okay, but after publishing you see older version. Good way is to look on the name of the level: rename it and then look at level (I mean the title in left corner). New name obviously take longest amount of time to save, so when you see wrong old name, don't publish, wait until it's updated(often mistake, you can see that lot of levels has different name in menu and different in game.). Published wrong level is sometimes updated to new version, but I don't know when, it doesn't make any sense :).
Fastest and safest way is this: After making level save it, than copy the code and paste it to whole new level, so you can be sure it is the first save and you won't publish older version. !!But important is to give it a name before saving!! ----------- But this way will make you lot of levels to delete, so the there can appear same bug as I posted here before. It's a mess :).
It is better to change name in editor-esc menu, not in the list of your maps (don't ask me why, I don't know :).

I hope it will help. Funny thing is that I haven't realised that it is a bug, so when I saw My levels posted by another people I made message level: Why do you steal my levels? (and propably no one understood it :) But few days ago I saw similar message level from Fujita Seiko, so I guess I'm not the only one :).

-Danielr - Nreality/v1.4 lags on my new computer, so It is practically nonplayable. Every 2 seconds it lags for second :).

I also solved the first "switching levels" bug this way: I copied url of one of those levels and accesed the level in internet broswer, where I wasn't logged in to game. I played, then hit esc, logged in and tried to look at that levels. Bugged levels were replaced by right maps. I opened it in exe application and there it was right, too.

James_s - Yes, it is bad in v2.0. Lot of good levels are not rated even if the highscore table is full. Thats why I add that stupid message to every name of my level. But what I really hate is that bunch of totally stupid levels everyday (often called IMPOSSIBLE!), with no tiles and just billion drones. Since flagging doesn't have any effect, N is ruined by this.

To Numa: I work on rebuiling my levels in Nreality to post them on Numa (btw. thats why I haven't posted any map for some time). Mostly because I really miss some feedback. I already posted some of them. Converting is hard, you must do it manually, but zoasBE posted me this - http://www.nmaps.net/229205 (I haven't tried it yet, I was busy, but maybe it helps)
I plan to make my new levels for both versions (build in Nreality and then copy to editor in v2.0). I'm now working on first :)

PS: James_S - Control the machine is patience thing, try Control the machine 2, similar but better and without waiting ;)

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.11 (17:27)

panstromek wrote:Thanks for explanation Eddy. But how about thwump corner jumps (and backwards)? And also backwards bounceblock jump, that is possible, this thing works different?
Exactly, all tricks that aren't related to tiles work differently, and thats why they are present in N v2.0, that is, all tricks related with thwumps and bounce blocks. You can still do corner kicks, backwards jumps, and so on on them. I'm not really sure how these ones work, but unlike tiles, the trick is not slightly penetrating into it (I think), probably has to do with walljumping or something.
panstromek wrote:-Danielr - Nreality/v1.4 lags on my new computer, so It is practically nonplayable. Every 2 seconds it lags for second :).
As for this, I supose you have some of the newer versions of windows (Vista/7/8), if so, the lagging is normal, N1.4 was conceived for WinXP, and it lags as hell in the more modern versions (NReality as well since its an addon).
panstromek wrote:James_s - Yes, it is bad in v2.0. Lot of good levels are not rated even if the highscore table is full. Thats why I add that stupid message to every name of my level. But what I really hate is that bunch of totally stupid levels everyday (often called IMPOSSIBLE!), with no tiles and just billion drones. Since flagging doesn't have any effect, N is ruined by this.
Hehe yeah I agree with that as well, at the moment there are way too many maps being created and thats why there are a lot of low quality ones (Im not a good mapper Im just saying this from the point of view of me as a highscorer). Also the absence of an interface like NUMA prevents any feedback from being given, which will make it harder for mappers to attain more quality.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.11 (19:07)

Eddy lol Ohh my.. I was only talking about corner 'shoves' as I now know to call them. I haven't thought about what you can name jumping on edges like those -when I think of corners I think of corners of a room eh -inside.
So say you're standing inside a square, u can no longer do a corner shove (off the top corner) but I was saying in N2 u can fall into the bottom corner and achieve the being bumped of a tile glitch effect and get launched. -Buttt you think that just looks like that glitch effect as the speed of you falling into the corner was also very high, hence just a natural bounce. Well, if is just a natural bounce, I think Metanet should slow it down (if they can be bothered with a small thing like that) cause it looks like a bug.
Thanks for the replay tho btw, was v cool to watch

Ps. I see your run on 3z user level today (rockets) -were you hoping it'd be possible to hop on the middle bit like I was? Maybe that map is worth a remake to make that possible :) Otherwise I think that that's one of the sht maps. A similar map I like is 'Mordor' by Bedebo -and you might not be able to beat my score on it actually (err very easily)
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.11 (20:14), edited 1 time in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.11 (19:34)

Panstromek, and where are you from? btw hi5! another tOpicalfish fan (despite terrible attention to detail and quite a lot of wasted maps). Danielr you played his map that looks like a traffic light -fall through drones in a sliding gates cage. He should've added a laser that would burn u if u slow down too much at the bottom, but then someone else did just that.
I was aware of control machine2, very memorable concept :)

ah cant miss out mappers GrzegorzPi, Dongle, jp_joao, jb257 -good quality. u283? and er damn I cant think. I favourited arandombattery's A magic mountain but I hate mines on big maps, so don't play his maps unfortunately.

Going back on topic if someone else also reads this: -the n2 bug I hate the most is when the next button freezes as it nearly always does on my computer (so you cant scroll through the crap). Infact EDDY, was this on M&R forum? if u don't know, im gonna add it today

[quote] It is better to change name in editor-esc menu, not in the list of your maps (don't ask me why, I don't know :).
[quote] -yea I thought that, and also thought not to do it while still in testing tab mode. -Did you see me yesterday then doing a level name test -it looked like the only thing that makes a difference is if you save, then close then save again/ or leave time as u mention w/e.
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.12 (12:41), edited 6 times in total.