N v2.0... it's finally out!

Talk about the latest flash version of the ninja game here!

Moderator: Oleary15

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.11 (19:54)

_danielr_ wrote:
james_S wrote:I remember recently when you completely outran a seeker drone o_O ...especially as I was pretty new to tunnel techniques."
New?? Seemed pretty good when you took me on ' Gold Rush 3' :P (although yougotPWNED now has that... )
james_S wrote:I've been living in London for about 15yrs.
Oh really? I live near Wales, but with uni being so close to London I often go there. Well, I say often. Like a few times a year, haha.
james_S wrote:You play numa maps mostly then or Nreality? I don't even know when it came out? -has it been near perfected already?
I spend most of my time on Nreality, but I occasionally go on the user levels when I want some fun. I virtually never go here http://www.nmaps.net/, if that's what you mean.
A lot of levels have been - or are close to being - perfected. However, every now and then, someone like jp27ace thinks of an innovation which brings everyone back to base one.
Lol. that gold rush 3 map, well its not really a great example to show I was decent already starting N2, as you can see I couldn't do double jump off bounce blocks lol. But Im actually quite curious now what score the route I took could give, I think it might be fun for me to try. I say to people that I used to play 1.4 on and off/maybe started a bit late but still that was often enough to have beaten Mine dodger! lol :) . But you and others squeezed in one more jump than I would've thought was fastest in that tunnel on the challenge map. I guess the other new thing I learnt was how to jump up from a big curved slope fast (also on thrasher26 map)
Oh ok, so nreality maps are still being raced -I thought ppl were just using it as a platform to play maps from nmaps.net. I'll let you know if I manage something cool on there
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.11 (20:21)

james_S wrote:Eddy lol Ohh my.. I was only talking about corner 'shoves' as I now know to call them. I haven't thought about what you can name jumping on edges like those -when I think of corners I think of corners of a room eh -inside.
So say you're standing inside a square, u can no longer do a corner shove (off the top corner) but I was saying in N2 u can fall into the bottom corner and achieve the being bumped of a tile glitch effect and get launched. -Buttt you think that just looks like that glitch effect as the speed of you falling into the corner was also very high, hence just a natural bounce. Well, if is just a natural bounce, I think Metanet should slow it down (if they can be bothered with a small thing like that) cause it looks like a bug.
Ohh so you meant falling into the inside corners of a room and getting propelled? Like this?:
If so then I wasn't referring to that, that would certainly be a bug. I don't remember /that/ happening in N1.4. I was referring to outter corners like so:
In that case you can get some speed due to the natural bounce due to the speed you have, but on 1.4 you can get actual propulsion because of the getting inside the tile glitch.
james_S wrote:Ps. I see your run on 3z user level today (rockets) -were you hoping it'd be possible to hop on the middle bit like I was? Maybe that map is worth a remake to make that possible :) Otherwise I think that that's one of the sht maps.
I'm not sure what level you are talking about here sorry :P
james_S wrote:Going back on topic if someone else also reads this: -the n2 bug I hate the most is when the next button freezes as it nearly always does on my computer (so you cant scroll through the crap). Infact EDDY, was this on M&R forum? if u don't know, im gonna add it today
If you meant the 'next' button to scroll through the map pages, check if you have cap locks activated, if so, then deactivate them because they cause the "ms/f" info to appear, which blocks the buttons. Thats probably your problem, if so then just turn caps lock off. Thats already been noted on the bugs list I believe, at least I rememebr it being mentioned.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.11 (21:11)

I wanted to see how fast the ninja can go in N2 with that propulsion effect and made a map ' Absolute Power do you dare? ' -I'm still experimenting now with transcending mines and electric drones so a new version may be coming -So far I can only transcend one layer of mines

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.11 (22:42)

Hehe nice. That is pretty known on 1.4 but I didn't know it was possible on v2.0 (maybe because I don't play userlevels much not sure), so quite cool ;)
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.11 (23:25)

Done the enemies version :p map called- Blue steel . There's 22 bounce blocks in one on that map Eddy, which help get more power than u might normally see and u can see how the thwump helps

Maxwell Smart
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/panstromek

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.12 (07:29)

James_s - I like how you still try to explore some unusual elements in v2.0. But I can't beat that level, is it necessary to move or jump before it punches you?
I'm not exactly Topical fish fan, most of his levels is crap, but he has some cool ideas. But always looks unfinished and not good looking. Since I choose level to play by thumbnail, his levels are not very impressive that way. Mappers in v2.0 don't usually work with tiles very much. You never see something like this: http://www.nmaps.net/230608 (choosed randomly). Maps on NUMA usually looks perfect. In v2.0 not. And with gameplay it is similar. In v2.0 it is mostly some good idea but level itself seems bad organized, unfinished and boring. I must say that I really enjoyed just few levels. Usually, when I don't beat level in first 5-10 minutes, I stop and move on because it gets boring and annoing to play. But good level is when you can stay on it for hour and it is still fun to play. For example last time it was this map: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=11172 (I haven't beated it yet, but I still try)

Edit: And I'm from Czech republic ;).

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.12 (23:37)

Yep that sorted it :D no problems with the next button now (or buttons in editor mode). Plus I realise now that there's a set 25 page limit which is not a bug.

Panstromek, ehm well I think its quite lag proof, I played it when my N was running slowly. The only thing affected is the speed u can achieve I think, that's why I put two less rows of mines than possible on the new version ..items are really hard to pass. Newest version of this is: Speed limit 2 remake (actually called speed 2) -u should only play my maps if it says remake in the title really heh.

About you saying that most user maps on N2 are unrefined, I would still defend quite a lot of maps which I think are vgood. It would help if u could make small and big changes to maps in N, -but strangely I cant think of a solution, it can be sorted if the flag button was actually genuine, so if enough ppl hate a map, a moderator can delete it but then some people's runs would be lost and thats like taking liberties. so yea :s ?

I often use the phrase 'proper map'. It can seem that a proper map is only one which has complicated /nature like tile work. Probs a lot of ppl are put off from mapping as they don't like/ cant draw, sorta like me.
The n++ advert :) shows map shapes which are not possible to draw in current N especially the main shape they show, which i tried to make a map of, so expect uber complex tile to come i think..

(yea fantastic looking n map that :) )

Btw I just found out that in the updated version on N2 (just re-download it from the site) getting a 'you got a high score' every time u get into top 10 is not a bug but a legit update!? -I think by that they're trying to fix the demotivating effect had on those who always struggle to get top10 -hahaha shouldn't have put only ten slots in the first place, Im really not a fan of this change to the message, to the point that I play the old version still.

Another quite a big thing is I don't think the 5star system is good? -I would prefer 10 smiley faces (so even if u get one smiley face u wont be upset jk).

We could talk about N2 bugs all day.... maybe we can work on a list to post to M&R maybe (but not here, in the n bugs section of this forum)? (I remember when Golfkid fried my brain when I read his explanation for zap drone behaviour/bug in N1.4 (don't remember how I found it) I saw seeker drone activation is lag affected in N2)
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.13 (11:06), edited 7 times in total.

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.13 (11:21)

james_S wrote:Btw I just found out that in the updated version on N2 (just re-download it from the site) getting a 'you got a high score' every time u get into top 10 is not a bug but a legit update!? -I think by that they're trying to fix the demotivating effect had on those who always struggle to get top10 -hahaha shouldn't have put only ten slots in the first place, Im really not a fan of this change to the message, to the point that I play the old version still.
Its not a bug, a highscore means a top-10, not a 0th. We all suggested to change that and they did. It was wrong in the old version, when the message was only displayed when you took the 0th, that is, the best score, the top score. Now its correct, that message should be displayed everytime you get a top-10, because that's what a highscore is. It makes more sense on Metanet levels of course (since userlevels are hella easy and sometimes dont even have a full board) and will make even more sense with the time as boards get harder, which wont happen to userlevels.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.13 (13:43)

well then, there's still an error:
as when you get a score which is good enough for top (ten) but you didnt beat yourself, the game displays msg: 'but you didn't get a highscore' -but you have obviously, u just didnt beat yourself. And when you do improve on that score, the game keeps repeating that 'and you got a highscore' msg which makes sense cause it means you haven't been pushed out but it is lame..
And, I think it can be easy to accept the term 'a high score' as something which means the highest score instead of a score in the High scores table so I thought it was just Ngame lingo. Calling it top score maybe sounds lame and highest score sounds forceful, so how are you supposed to get Transcendence now lol -its better if u know it straight away.

Maybe even a message saying You achieved 0th rank will do..?
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.13 (18:52), edited 1 time in total.

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.09.13 (14:40)

Oh I see it was a confusion then. On all games, 'highscore' tends to mean a score that has entered the leaderboard, just think on any arcade game and its leaderboards. I know 'highest score' would sound weird because its never been used but that would be the correct way to say it. As for N, yeah I think two signs would be cool, one for highscores and another for 0ths.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Maxwell Smart
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/panstromek

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.13 (18:27)

Imagine how would you feel, when after bunch of messages "you got a high score" You would see "You got the highest score". Good Idea, I think. But I think system is good now, no problem.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.14 (15:07)

cool :) Check out the new Nominate & talk about N2.0 USER LEVELS topic (in N topics)

Life Time Achievement Award
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Zecora
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby M4xwell » 2013.09.16 (23:31)

panstromek wrote:Imagine how would you feel, when after bunch of messages "you got a high score" You would see "You got the highest score". Good Idea, I think. But I think system is good now, no problem.
It's even worse when it says "you got a high score" and SOMEONE else at that time beats it, thus your score is pointless in rankings.
"...well then."
Sponsered by panstromek...

Bayking
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/MiBeM
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/moletrooper

Postby MiBeM » 2013.09.19 (14:04)

panstromek wrote:Nreality/v1.4 lags on my new computer, so It is practically nonplayable. Every 2 seconds it lags for second :).
I used to have a lag problem too. Changing my monitor's color mode from True color down to High color reduced the lag to a (competitively) playable amount. 2.0 is still a lot smoother but you should try reducing colors if you're interested in Nreality :)
a.k.a. MoleTrooper/Molenator

http://www.twitch.tv/moletrooper
Speedruns and stuff

Life Time Achievement Award
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Zecora
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby M4xwell » 2013.09.29 (20:40)

Thanks James S. I like your levels, too. And also levels by Fujita Seiko, Typical fish, trasher26, snaffer, luca, M4xwell, grewz, arandombattery, olsonzap and some more :). Just to know that there are good mappers in v2.0, too.
Oh my goodness, thanks for the compliment. I only (now usually) make N-Art only and I would've thought people would have either been annoyed/ignored/or played it for the highscore, but thanks mate for enjoying them.
"...well then."
Sponsered by panstromek...

"Asked ortsz for a name change"
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Pixelwiz
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby DraxoBox » 2013.10.02 (14:28)

I have only posted one map on N 2.0

its name is "That empty feeling of a Pixelwiz map"

I posted it a few weeks ago.
Deluxcious.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.12.02 (16:53)

edit: Im happy about the jumps being more floaty (easier) and the few extra possibilities for mapping like being able to fix thwumps into tiles etc etc

Richard Richards
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/epic4ever
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Equilibrium » 2014.05.10 (18:15)

Yeah it was a nice update to the old Nv1.4 though I disliked some of the maps, for example 99-4 would have been hard enough with just gauss turrets as it was in the original one and because they changed some of the gausses to rockets I can't beat the level and that is the only one I cannot beat which is a bit sad but that is just one teeny weeny negative thing.

Otherwise the game was a really good step into the future..
Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

"Asked ortsz for a name change"
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Pixelwiz
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby DraxoBox » 2014.05.12 (15:55)

Nexx wrote:Despite all the (fair) claims of glitches, N v2 actually fixes almost all the old gameplay glitches that we're used to (one-ways, doors, floorguards, thwumps, bounceblocks, jumppads, etc.). In fact, I'm now realizing I kinda miss all those old bugs. Yes, they are bugs, BUT they extend the utility of the limited number of objects in the game. In N v2, a one-way is a one-way, and that's that. In N v1.4, a one-way is a one-way that can be passed through in certain scenarios. There's a flexibility there that allows for more things to happen. Probably the best example is that floorguards don't go over doors in N v2, which means Lucidium's "Valves" and other such classic floorguard puzzle maps never could've happened! I can understand M&R's desire to have the floorguard stick to tiles only, but again, letting it pass over locked & normal doors gave a flexibility that allowed for some amazing things.

I'm not saying they shouldn't've fixed these bugs, but I wish the overall set of N v2 objects had more flexibility. The sequel should have MORE possibilities than the original, not LESS!
I like what you were saying about the one-ways there, and now I have an idea:
Make two different types of one-ways! Type 1 would act like the 1.4 one-way, glitchyness and all, with a slight red color. Type 2 would act like the 2.0 one-way that does not let the ninja through no matter what, while still letting other things like rockets and drones through. And with a slight green color. Perhaps there can be different types of floorguard as well, like one that floats and one that doesn't float.
Deluxcious.

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/heartattack

Postby Heartattack » 2015.01.25 (09:33)

I'm sure people have mentioned this but I'm super pissed finishing a whole column didn't turn that box white and also why the fuck do I get no flavours for user level columns? ANGER!
spoiler

All sigs thanks to my secret lovers.

I won a contest once.
Tsukatu wrote:ass assass

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2015.01.25 (17:31)

Heartattack wrote:I'm sure people have mentioned this but I'm super pissed finishing a whole column didn't turn that box white and also why the fuck do I get no flavours for user level columns? ANGER!
You should, I didn't check back when I beat it but I now have 13 flavours so you should be awarded one per user column too.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby ska » 2015.01.26 (19:18)

Pixelwiz wrote:
Nexx wrote:Despite all the (fair) claims of glitches, N v2 actually fixes almost all the old gameplay glitches that we're used to (one-ways, doors, floorguards, thwumps, bounceblocks, jumppads, etc.). In fact, I'm now realizing I kinda miss all those old bugs. Yes, they are bugs, BUT they extend the utility of the limited number of objects in the game. In N v2, a one-way is a one-way, and that's that. In N v1.4, a one-way is a one-way that can be passed through in certain scenarios. There's a flexibility there that allows for more things to happen. Probably the best example is that floorguards don't go over doors in N v2, which means Lucidium's "Valves" and other such classic floorguard puzzle maps never could've happened! I can understand M&R's desire to have the floorguard stick to tiles only, but again, letting it pass over locked & normal doors gave a flexibility that allowed for some amazing things.

I'm not saying they shouldn't've fixed these bugs, but I wish the overall set of N v2 objects had more flexibility. The sequel should have MORE possibilities than the original, not LESS!
I like what you were saying about the one-ways there, and now I have an idea:
Make two different types of one-ways! Type 1 would act like the 1.4 one-way, glitchyness and all, with a slight red color. Type 2 would act like the 2.0 one-way that does not let the ninja through no matter what, while still letting other things like rockets and drones through. And with a slight green color. Perhaps there can be different types of floorguard as well, like one that floats and one that doesn't float.
I get what you're saying, but it just takes away from the simplistic elegance of this revision. If you miss the buggyness,there is no reason to not reminisce and play 1.4.

Tetris

Postby TheSpeedNinja » 2015.03.17 (00:47)

This game is now the most popular game in my school! It totally helped CRUSH tank trouble when I told everyone about it! Even better I have just put it on my website http://thefunblocked-games.weebly.com/ for everyone to play at school!

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/shomman
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby shomman » 2015.03.23 (07:59)

EddyMataGallos wrote:
myself wrote: show me any example you want... and I'll explain you why that's not really a corner jump.
The explanation has been done. Waiting for more challenges. Over and out.
Hey Eddy, I know this is a couple of years old, but on previous posts you were saying corner jumps give more propulsion/height etc. and that's the difference between it and jumping off corners, is that right?

If so, I'd appreciate an explanation for my level where you get much more height with the corner jump (or jump off the corner :P)
It can be found with [cjsm]

Two time Npoints Winner - Npoints Season 2 Npoints Season 3
Stats

82 0ths (4th)
412 Top 10's (3rd)
360 Top 5's (1st)
3086 Points (2nd)
2.5 Average Rank (3rd)
1 Episode Ownage b5 :):(

Other Stuff

Image Thanks Nyan!

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2015.03.23 (13:17)

shomman wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:
myself wrote: show me any example you want... and I'll explain you why that's not really a corner jump.
Hey Eddy, I know this is a couple of years old, but on previous posts you were saying corner jumps give more propulsion/height etc. and that's the difference between it and jumping off corners, is that right?

If so, I'd appreciate an explanation for my level where you get much more height with the corner jump (or jump off the corner :P)
It can be found with [cjsm]
I already explained that, right in the very same post you quoted that from (that's why I quoted my previous post, because I explained the general mechanism that causes those pseudo-cjs):
EddyMataGallos wrote:
_danielr_ wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:A corner jump can give you more height/speed/power than a regular jump, and you will never be able to do that here... show me any example you want... and I'll explain you why that's not really a corner jump.
Hmm.
kkstrong must have magical abilities on a2-1, then ;)
Heh I knew you would bring that up, I already explained kk why that happened, its weird how you havent noticed it. But read these 2 following paragraphs and you'll understand it. Thats definitely not a cj neither, look closely and you'll see how he RAN on the corner from the bottom part to the upper, that way he gained the vertical speed he needed. Its easy to notice he did NOT gain the extra needed momentum with tile propulsion (or any kind of propulsion for that matter), which is what cjs give you.

Basically imagine the corner as a slope, obviously if you fall on slopes and run upwards, you gain extra vertical momentum and can reach higher. Now, corners obviously have less surface to run on, which is the reason you can gain very little vertical speed, but as you can see they still have some, the collision still detects some room you can actually run on, specially if done properly (which is hard, most of the times you will run less or basically bump). There you have it, thats what he did. Look closely and you'll see.

I dont get why you all seem to refuse to believe that the new physics engine just doesn't support getting that kind of propulsion anymore (and Im not denying all sorts of propulsions dont get me wrong, just that specific one that caused corner jumps/kicks/shoves, and probably all sorts of tile-caused ones). I hope this two paragraphs did clear everything up for you all.
Here I'm referring to the explanation above.
Corners are tiles, you can run on them, and so you can gain momentum as if they were a regular, shorter slope. You're not getting into the tile and getting bumped off, which is what we call a cj, that's just regular running and jumping. Even if you don't run, in N you gain extra height if at the time of jumping you already had vertical momentum, which is what happens in your map.

Of course its just a matter of definition, if you guys want to call that a cj do it (I wouldn't recommend it though, as you can get confused with the real cj). What really matters here, is that the real cj as we know it, is impossible, because the new physics engine just doesn't allow it. If you've played N v1.4 enough, you'll know the difference, because these cjs are very different from the real ones, you can feel it by just seeing it.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)