N v2 bugs and glitches and stuff

Need help getting the latest version of the ninja game to work? Get help here.
Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2013.05.24 (16:15)

N v2 bugs and glitches and stuff
I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate thread for all the bugs and glitches and stuff we found in v2 to have at a glance.

If you've found a bug I haven't mentioned, feel free to post below and I'll edit it to this post. If M&R fixed a bug I'll cross it out.

I've focused on the playing/highscoring side, so I've probably nailed down most of the prominent ones there, but doubtless there will be some missing from the mapping side.

Bugs are listed by category, and within each category in rough order from most game-breaking-flavoured to least.

New bugs in latest version
  • YOU CAN'T PLAYTEST LEVELS ANYMORE.
  • Level save delay bug: When you create a map and save it, sometimes the map isn't saved and you only see an old version (or empty map if this is your first save). After a few hours or days, the save automatically updates to the new version. The level names in particular are delayed the most. Sometimes "Untitled" appears in the in-game map area even though the level has a name and was published months ago.
  • When you delete an unpublished map, sometimes it looks like someone else posted your map, but only you can see this. This fixes itself after a while. source
  • You can't see your 2P scores at all anymore.
  • A random crash in 2P mode that I don't know how to replicate.
  • The 3rd decimal place of scores is fixed at 5 during all gameplay and replays.
  • In full screen, after logging in, the “logged in!” notice stays on-screen instead of going upwards until it disappears. This also happens with flags, ratings, etc.

Gameplay
  • Playing through the game normally doesn't give you high scores / personal bests. You have to do them in levels mode. This might have been deliberate.
  • Some lag issues on some people's computers. (although it runs amazingly on my computer)
  • If you load levels in-browser you can't log in to submit highscores, view highscores, and rate the map (if it's a userlevel). You have to escape to the main menu, but then you can't return to the map easily.
  • Seeker drones can be triggered through tiles; my 73-2 run has two instances.
  • Hilarious sticking to the ceiling bug. See 5827.
  • Running through a group of thwumps on the floor facing upwards kills you. See 13143.
  • Hitting a down facing launchpad on the ceiling from the side has no effect.
  • P and Esc don't unpause; only arrows do. partly fixed. Esc still doesn't unpause
  • The ninja can't stand still between a diagonal "1" tile and a curved "4" tile.
  • When you pick up multiple locked door switches in quick succession, only the first one makes a sound. Same for lasers, chainguns, seekers, rockets, and launchpads.
  • If your internet disconnects while playing, or if you deliberately try to load N v2 without internet access, this pops up. Another example, done without internet on purpose.
  • Launchpads sometimes have no border.
  • The author PALEMOON should be capitalised in A2-2.
  • The speedhack detection message has 2 typos in it, a spelling mistake: "to", and a punctuation mistake: ".!" at the end.
  • Pressing ' or ~ makes you win. fixed
  • Episode unlocking issues with latest version. fixed
  • When maximised, game window not centred. fixed
  • When you beat the game, you don't get any sort of congratulory message. Only this. fixed

Highscoring
  • HACKED SCORES. I thought M&R solved this, but they didn't. e.g. TheOfficialJumper 100000 on 20-1.
  • CHEATED SCORES. M&R gave more attention to this, but they didn't solve it, e.g. cris56700 4303 on 29-4. In this post Eddy says M&R "probably tried but I don't think they are going to go harder, which is a pity."
  • On levels mode, you can't see your own score after you beat a level or after you die.
  • URLs for highscore boards don't work.
  • After watching a replay, the highscores reload themselves, which is a waste of time.
  • Pressing ' or ~ makes you win. You can abuse this glitch to get fake highscores on levels. fixed
  • Tied scores on each level not ordered chronologically. fixed
  • Occasionally, while browsing levels, I randomly get logged out. Never happens when I'm playing the game, only when loading highscores. I think this has been fixed but not sure
  • Replays cut out very shortly after the last key is pressed even if the level is not finished, e.g. Sunset's 00-4, jp27ace's 13-0, my B9-4. fixed
  • No time bar on replays. fixed
  • If caps lock is on, the next, previous, and main menu buttons in the levels menu aren't clickable. fixed
  • "A new personal best; keep trying for a highscore!" means you improved but you didn't take 0th. This is a bit misleading, since "highscore" doesn't necessarily mean 0th. fixed

Arcade Mode
  • After quitting or running out of time partly fixed, you can click on "resume game" which will take you back to the level you were at, with the time you began with. That effectively grants you immortality, and kills the whole point of arcade mode.
  • When you beat arcade mode, this window pops up fixed, and under "play game" the a-X is not marked in a white border to indicate beaten.
  • When your score reaches 1000.000, the decimal point is in the wrong place, although the timer still counts properly. You can see that in the above link. fixed

Editor/Userlevels
  • URLs for userlevels don't work. (nevada found a workaround) fixed, but no way to recover map data unless I'm missing something
  • Playtesting in the editor only lets you use default keys. anti-fixed by virtue of the fact that you can't playtest levels at all anymore
  • When you cut and rotate something with doors in it, sometimes the doors don't get rotated properly.
  • When placing thwumps in editor, you can't see the "ghost".
  • The save delay bug sometimes existing highscores on levels invalid (similar to editing maps in NReality).
  • If you go to a certain page (e.g. page 2) of search results, then do a fresh search, the results shown will correspond to that same page of the new search results instead of redirecting back to page 1, resulting in a blank page if there aren't that many results.
  • Inconsistency in search function: title search is whole word only, but author search is whole word or beginning part of word. Also search terms of fewer than 3 characters are ignored which really isn't necessary if you're doing whole word search.
  • If you try to rotate an area that is more than 23 tile spaces wide (so it can't be rotated), this error message appears.
  • If you press F to go into editing individual objects mode (i.e. "mouse-over entity to edit"), you can't exit that mode (by pressing F again) unless your mouse is on some object.
  • You can't undo the very first object that you place on a map. However, you can place another object and undo twice. Or just delete the object.
  • Something with map 1615?
  • I don't have any favourites yet, so this might be the issue, but clicking on "faves" returns the last map that I selected, like this. The error message arises if I try to watch a replay. If no map was selected last, it defaults to map 10240, which doesn't exist yet. Trying to play the map in faves or trying to unfave it gives this. fixed
  • The search function only returns fifty results. This just isn't good enough. increased to 250, which should be enough for most. added to suggestions.
  • Numbers of gold pieces for levels round down, not to the nearest whole number like on numa. This makes ratings of 5 impossible to achieve if one person rates it less than 5. Also: rounding error. Map 1142, CelebratioN2.0 by santicol, currently has a rating of 2.999999999666 and 2 gold pieces. fixed
  • The scores for level 1439 are all messed up, presumably because of all the gold. fixed

Local Co-Op
  • You can only see what score you get if you beat your 1P mode highscore, or if the above error occurs. anti-fixed. You can't see your scores at all anymore.
  • If you do beat your 1P score on 2P, then revert back to 1P, you can't save 1P scores lower than your best 2P score - until you close the window. (So it's not really a major bug.) vacuously fixed by means of the above bug being anti-fixed
  • Beating a level and clicking "main menu" causes this to pop up. Clicking "Continue" gives the same window again. Clicking "Dismiss All" causes the main menu replays to be glitched; the ninja is invisible and the enemies don't move until the ninja dies. fixed
  • If Player 1 completes the level, while Player 2 is being really lazy and has not pressed a single key (except he is allowed to press the suicide key), this window pops up. This does not happen if Player 1 and Player 2 are swapped round. Then, on the next play, at the beginning, if no keys are pressed, Player 1 will continue to move in the same direction as he was going at the time of the error message, until that same directional key is pressed and then released. fixed

Help/Story
  • If you stay on the story page for more than about half a minute, this pops up. fixed
  • The words "unquenchable" and "inexplicable" are spelt incorrectly in the story section. fixed
  • In the help section, "Beaten levels are then unlocked for speedruns" should read "highscores", unless you were going to include a speedrun mode. fixed
Differences from v1.4
  • Ninja/tile interaction has changed so that the ninja can't penetrate into the tile as much as it used to. Result: no corner jumps; jumps on a floor/wall between mines a tile apart are far easier; mines in a corner between two "1" tile slopes can't be hit.
  • Launchpads and bounceblocks can boost you really fast. Example: 11420
  • Ninja can fit into half-tile space and a bunch of other weird things can happen. Example (or general bug compilation): 10229

Suggestions
  • More community integration. There are TONS of N v2 players out there who know nothing about the forums, irc, nreality, or even numa. 63000 maps have been submitted to N v2, which is far more than what has been submitted to numa since last May. What N v2 lacks - and desperately needs - is the community aspect, which would be achieved if the 63000 maps had a site to themselves where people's maps would get more than just fleeting temporary recognition, with a search, comment, and feature system, as well as a highscore database like n.infunity for the players.
  • Corner jumps (unlikely I know, but it still needs a mention).
  • Improve the search function, e.g. search by map ID, or a combination of fields (e.g. date, author, rating), and played/unplayed or beaten/unbeaten maps.
  • 20 scores on a level. 10 aren't enough - especially because many are so tight / maxed out already.
  • View your own replays of your levels if they're not top10, either locally or server-side.
  • Arcade mode high scores.
  • 2P high scores.
  • Have scores in seconds, like in v1.4, not in frames. (Just divide by 60)
  • Make level navigation easier like in 1.4.
  • Transparent update instead of new download every time.
  • A separate highscoring message when you get 0th on a level (compared to the top10 message).
  • Limit to number of userlevels that can be published per account per day.
  • Random map like on numa.
  • Ability to have over 250 search results or favourites.
  • Frame by frame mode in the editor.
  • Frame counter.
  • Death counter. And while you're at it, customisable flavours, overclock, boss mode, and maybe gold counter.
  • Anything else that NReality offers.
  • Maps with <5 total ratings listed as unrated. done

How the hell do I do bullet point lists in bbCode? >:/ :D

Edit 177/2013: updated to M&R's latest blog post
Last edited by 999_Springs on 2014.04.17 (22:22), edited 25 times in total.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.05.24 (16:56)

• Great idea, I thought on doing this but wouldn't have come with such a complete approach as you did at all, so far I can't think on anything else I have noticed thats not here, this should be pinned.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Subterranean Engineer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Izzy
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Izzy » 2013.05.24 (17:40)

ctrl + E brings turns on some sort of debug/entity detection mode or something. Not exactly a bug, though, probably just something they forgot to disable.
Derived from ksktorngsig!
I don't think the universe has infinite material though, unless God makes DLC packs. - SkyPanda

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.05.24 (18:10)

Izzy wrote:ctrl + E brings turns on some sort of debug/entity detection mode or something. Not exactly a bug, though, probably just something they forgot to disable.
Actually that has to be with Adobe Flash 11. If you right-click you'll see that option as well "Show redraw regions" or something like that in english.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/mobile/ ... -8000.html
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4

ImageThanks to leo.

Antonio Banderas
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/donfuy
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby Donfuy » 2013.05.25 (15:08)

If you go really fast against a trap door, you pass through it. Check out my replay on the "Good/Evil" map (on the 3rd/4th page of the newest userlevels - it's a terrible map, btw).

Help my memory pwease: didn't this also happen on n 1.4 if you did go really fast against the door? I seem to recall something like that, but since I'm not a very frequent n player, I may be wrong.

Gross

Postby jp27ace » 2013.05.25 (17:29)

Great job with this list, I can't think of any other bugs, although as a suggestion it would be nice to be able to see your time when you complete a level (For some reason the time bar at the top disappears).
Donfuy wrote:If you go really fast against a trap door, you pass through it. Check out my replay on the "Good/Evil" map (on the 3rd/4th page of the newest userlevels - it's a terrible map, btw).

Help my memory pwease: didn't this also happen on n 1.4 if you did go really fast against the door? I seem to recall something like that, but since I'm not a very frequent n player, I may be wrong.
Yeah this used to happen in v1.4 too, I thought it had been fixed in v2. You seem to have to go a lot faster for this to happen than in 1.4 though (I had to use two fingers to manage it, but then again my chimneying has always sucked)

Antonio Banderas

Postby Donfuy » 2013.05.25 (17:52)

jp27ace wrote:Yeah this used to happen in v1.4 too, I thought it had been fixed in v2. You seem to have to go a lot faster for this to happen than in 1.4 though (I had to use two fingers to manage it, but then again my chimneying has always sucked)
Thing is, on 2.0, you never get killed from chimneying too fast (at least, in my experience). So there's really no consequence in trying to pass the trap door.

Leading The Flock

Postby Mare » 2013.05.25 (20:20)

URLs for userlevels don't work. (nevada found a workaround)
oh right, sorry, we forgot to mention this: URLs to your levels in the database will work when the swf version is available on our site (coming June 17th) -- then clicking an URL in twitter/facebook/email/whatever will launch N in browser and take people directly that level.

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.05.25 (22:32)

Just saw M&R posted a fix on the blog to be downloaded, which gave me an idea for the suggestions list: Add transparent updates feature, so there's no need to release a fix everytime you [M&R] want to change something.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Gross

Postby jp27ace » 2013.05.26 (01:11)

Just noticed another bug, if caps lock is on, the next, previous, and main menu buttons in the levels menu aren't clickable (I'm guessing its to do with the fps display covering them)

These Go Up to 11

Postby BBBB » 2013.05.26 (15:43)

When i beat a level it doesn't unlock the one below it. Why is that? am i doing something wrong>?

Phei Phei Pho Phum
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Pheidippides
MBTI Type: ISFJ

Postby Pheidippides » 2013.05.27 (15:37)

BBBB wrote:When i beat a level it doesn't unlock the one below it. Why is that? am i doing something wrong>?
I am having this problem also. I just beat Episode 14 twice, and Episode 15 is still not unlocked.
Follow me! @ninjarobotfeidi #nmaps

Postby 999_Springs » 2013.05.27 (17:35)

Pheidippides wrote:
BBBB wrote:When i beat a level it doesn't unlock the one below it. Why is that? am i doing something wrong>?
I am having this problem also. I just beat Episode 14 twice, and Episode 15 is still not unlocked.
M&R edited their blog post. This was apparently a bug with the "fixed" version. They said they've released a "new new version" which should have this fixed. Try again.
jp27ace wrote:Yeah this used to happen in v1.4 too, I thought it had been fixed in v2. You seem to have to go a lot faster for this to happen than in 1.4 though (I had to use two fingers to manage it, but then again my chimneying has always sucked)
Well yeah, because 60 frames a second. Now, you have to go 50% faster in order to pass through a full tile's height in a single frame.
Donfuy wrote:Thing is, on 2.0, you never get killed from chimneying too fast (at least, in my experience). So there's really no consequence in trying to pass the trap door.
Correct, you can't die from chimneying anymore.
Achievements:

106 N v1.4 highscores.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(

Antonio Banderas

Postby Donfuy » 2013.05.29 (20:57)

Has anyone noticed any slowdowns with the latest fix? Cause I certainly do!

The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/santa_hat_crusader

Postby Superpok » 2013.06.03 (03:28)

Not sure if this is related to the not being able to play levels bug that was apparently fixed, but I updated to the new new version and this is my levels screen. I can play all the levels, the bordering just looks wrong, but seems to be correct for the user columns
Signature Bars

Postby 999_Springs » 2013.06.18 (15:14)

Mare wrote:
URLs for userlevels don't work. (nevada found a workaround)
oh right, sorry, we forgot to mention this: URLs to your levels in the database will work when the swf version is available on our site (coming June 17th) -- then clicking an URL in twitter/facebook/email/whatever will launch N in browser and take people directly that level.
Nope, still not working.
Achievements:

106 N v1.4 highscores.

The Loneliest Number

Postby silk & lighthouses » 2013.07.19 (17:24)

Hello,

Since today, whenever i go to userlevels -> newest and click on any level which i've completed i get the following error;

Error: Error #2030
at flash.utils::ByteArray/readUnsignedByte()
at com.metanet.screens.levels::HighscoreSectionMediator/readTextToDelimiter()
at com.metanet.screens.levels::HighscoreSectionMediator/displayNextScore()
at com.metanet.screens.levels::HighscoreSectionMediator/handleScoresLoaded()
at org.robotlegs.base::EventMap/routeEventToListener()
at MethodInfo-119()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at org.robotlegs.mvcs::Actor/dispatch()
at com.metanet.remote::NServerConnector/handleRequestComplete()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

After which i can choose to ignore the message and i don't get to see any highscores anymore.
Does anyone have the same problem or know the solution to this?

Thank you very much,

S&L

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.07.19 (18:05)

Since a few hours ago, any submision you make will bug that level, and make it innaccesible, resulting in that error "silk & lighthouses" has posted. Userlevels are way more played so theres much more chance to see a bugged level there. As for Metanet levels, I myself have bugged 81-2, 7-2, b4-2 and b5-4. Raif tested it on 5-3 as well.

EDIT: Obviously as time passes by,more levels are getting bugged. Now even 00-0.
Last edited by EddyMataGallos on 2013.07.19 (18:50), edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Semimember

Postby Tekeur » 2013.07.19 (18:37)

Yeah, same happenned to me on userlevels :/

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.07.25 (02:02)

Hi, Has anyone mentioned the floor corner issues yet? such as being able to walk on mines that are placed in a floor corner (which looks really bad as the mines look very exposed yet have no effect) and if you fall directly into a floor corner you bounce off powerfully (helps if falling at an angle esp. if hit by something) -bad consequence of that 'ninja getting into the tiles and beig propelled out of them effect'.

If you hit a spring bouncer on the ceiling diagonally it doesnt have any effect, even though it looks like the ninjas head going through it.

About 'one way panels', if you jump from a standing on a rising thwump just before the 'one way panels' you can pass between them when they're placed next to each other forming the normal one way barrier (if u overlap those panels, then u cant pass through). And more importantly when u place a one way panel perpendicular to a surface (e.g a wall of other vertically placed one way panels) which is quite common when mapping (or even if the one way panel is placed inside a tile (wall)) -the ninja gets affected by it as the edge sticks out even though u cant see it.

''Level save delay'' bug applies to lvl names which sometimes dont get saved at all (-u can avoid that by saving, reopening then saving again)

On quite a few occasions there have been highscores in which the ninja just dies after moving randomly (-not cause they hacked, I think thats part of the save delay bug -but affecting saved runs).

In Editor, when cut and rotate something that has sliding gates in it, 360 degrees (ie twice) and then... open the testing the level tab the gates show as turned only part way e.g. 90degrees (I used it in my millennium bug map -in the user levels). Plus also if u copy and paste normal gates.

(BE SURE TO redownload N for the updated version (doesnt say its an update) -except level editor doesnt work in that stillllllll)
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.30 (14:38), edited 8 times in total.
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

Quarks

Postby bla687 » 2013.08.08 (19:26)

Has anyone tried loading raw N v1.4 data in the editor? Whenever I try do do it (access text editor using PGDN, paste in level data, then load data using shift + PGUP) it just does PGUP's normal functionality, and I just select the block of text. Does anyone else have this problem, and have they figured out a way to fix it? I'd like to resubmit some of my favorite 1.4 maps I created back in the day.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.08.10 (14:35)

bla687 wrote:Has anyone tried loading raw N v1.4 data in the editor? Whenever I try do do it (access text editor using PGDN, paste in level data, then load data using shift + PGUP) it just does PGUP's normal functionality, and I just select the block of text. Does anyone else have this problem, and have they figured out a way to fix it? I'd like to resubmit some of my favorite 1.4 maps I created back in the day.
You have to click the background -i.e so your cursor is not in the text box, then press PGUP -I think they should change that, I spent a bit of time wondering whats going on myself, esp as it all looks kind of not basic/user friendly enough.

Maxwell Smart
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/panstromek

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.17 (22:04)

Some bugs I haven't found in the list.

Online version
-If you load level by the url, you can't easily log in (to submit highscore). You must hit escape and login in menu, but then you can't go back to the level, you must reload page. And you can't view highscore and rating (And you can't rate). Solution would be ability to load level by ID/URL in game itself, still the same story :).

Mapping
-Saving delay bug. When you save map, close and reopen game, level you made is sometimes not saved (you see older version or just empty map, if it is first save). After some time, level updates automaticaly to the newer version. Delay is sometimes in hours sometimes can be few days. Different parts of the level has different delay. Longest delay has name in opened level. If you accidently publish delayed level, sometimes it gets updated, sometimes not. Usually game elements gets fixed after some time. If only ingame name is broken, it mostly stays broken. You can see it in lot of user levels: Name in the menu is normal and in the game it is older version. It can be also used to "cheating" (You can beat old level and after update you have score but replay doesn't make sense.)
To be sure you do not publish broken level, always reopen game before publishing and check if it's everything okay, especially look at ingame name.
-Similar bug: When you delete unpublished map, sometimes it is uploaded by another person (who propably recieves same ID). But Only author who deleted the level see it like this. After some time it goes back to normal and you see correct map. For normal people is everything ok. Doesn't affect name in the menu.
- Edit mode can be ended only when mause is on some object.
-When placing thwump, you can't see ghost of it, so you don't know where exactly are you placing it.

-
When you pick up multiple locked door switches in quick succession, only the first one makes a sound.
This affect more sounds (laser drones, machine guns, seeker drones, rockets, trampolines...). I think that sound of something of this can be played only if the same previous sound ends.

Gameplay
-When you die, level name disappears.
-When you run/fall through group of thwumps you are activating, in specific speed you are killed for no reason.

Usable bugs:
- You can get through oneway same way as get through trap door (can be seen on older version of James_s's map "One of those pro minimal levels"). You can also get through more things when you're really fast. Group of drones for example. But it needs some boost element (It is in map by james_s, called Blue steel: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=11420 )
- You can get into tiles and similar things ( http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=10229 )

Suggestions
-To search functions: option to view beaten/unbeaten maps and played/not played maps
-Random map list (like it is on NUMA).

I will propably remember some other things :)

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.20 (19:58)

panstromek wrote:Usable bugs:
- You can get through oneway same way as get through trap door (can be seen on older version of James_s's map "One of those pro minimal levels"). You can also get through more things when you're really fast. Group of drones for example. But it needs some boost element (It is in map by james_s, called Blue steel: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=11420 )
But I think its bad when you can get be propelled through at least half a tile, if you get zapped by a drone whilst already going fast in the same direction (i.e adding to the speed)
Also about the boost I had in that map, when you put a lot (not too many) blocks on top of each other, their behaviour is lag affected (this ruined one of my maps where you had to fall hard on a bounce block consisting of many to activate a switch inside, and also I had to take off 3 rows of mines(obstacles) on the more powerful version of the 'Blue steel' map cause sometimes(lag) you cant pass through. Seeker drone activation is also affected (there was a map having a line of seekers on top of each other in a horizontal tunnel and sometimes when u jumped on didn't activate)
no ghost when placing thwumps
oh yea! I didn't think of mentioning that :D

Aesthetics: If a ninja dies on a block he weighs the block down further and further.
The ninja cant stand properly between a curved tile and a diagonal tile -the figure goes crazy.
Sometimes when a ninja dies on some terrain it causes a continous blood fountain
Last edited by james_S on 2013.09.30 (14:40), edited 2 times in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.20 (20:10)

Can someone help with this?
I re-downloaded N which is an updated version (even tho it doesn't say that it has been) -I'm not which of the bugs we've mention are still present in that -but I cant make maps on it -an error comes up everytime I press tab to test

angeError: Error #1125: The index 0 is out of range 0.
at simulation::Simulator/APP_EnablePlayer()
at editor::Editor/Tick()
at com.metanet.screens.editor::EditorApp/handleEnterFrame()