N v2 bugs and glitches and stuff

Need help getting the latest version of the ninja game to work? Get help here.
Maxwell Smart
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/panstromek

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.20 (22:41)

I had save delay about 5 days and I still have problems with it. Something is delayed on nearly every map man :(

The new version you have downloaded is few months old. Test level bug is known and it's in the list. I use this version for playing and older version for mapping.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.23 (11:49)

'test level bug' -editor doesnt fkn work lol. Thanks I've just been on M&R's blog and yea i see now that its a few months old and there's been no replies to any N2 issues. Oh well, might as well not worry & just play the old version -I feel sry for those who only downloaded N2 for the first time recently and cant make maps heh.

-I've also read there that the ONE guy who will be fixing N2 had his first child recently -one of the reasons for the delay
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.23 (12:36)

Last edited by james_S on 2013.10.02 (15:08), edited 1 time in total.

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.09.23 (16:03)

This is not what I thought. In level what you posted, you die because you step on the blue thing. Same thing happens when you run only on one thwump and when you get faster then it, you step on the blue thing and die.

I made example for better explanation: www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=13143
Try just hold right arrow and you'll see. (It is not published, you can play it only in online version)

Another point to Saving delay problem: Appears only in game itself, not in online version.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.09.23 (18:52)

oh o_O I see now.. Btw think they'll just completely replace the online version when they get round to sorting out N2

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.10.02 (08:10)

Some new bug:

Editor: If you select large area (width must be longer than maximum possible height) and try to rotate it (which couldn't be possible), bug message appears and if you click deny all, editor start acting bugged and you must restart it.

The Loneliest Number

Postby rikimaru » 2013.10.03 (10:53)

Now, i want to know how to fix the bug that you can't test your custom levels. What to do?

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.10.03 (11:40)

It's better to use older version of v2.0 for mapping. Look at this: http://forum.droni.es/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10006

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2013.10.05 (20:07)

Sorry for the delay in updating the first post, I'll do that now. I'll address each of your bug reports as best I can:
james_S wrote:Hi, Has anyone mentioned the floor corner issues yet? such as being able to walk on mines that are placed in a floor corner (which looks really bad as the mines look very exposed yet have no effect) and if you fall directly into a floor corner you bounce off powerfully (helps if falling at an angle esp. if hit by something) -bad consequence of that 'ninja getting into the tiles and beig propelled out of them effect'.
known since beta. Not really much can be done about it, since that's a consequence of how ninja/tile interaction has changed. I'll add another category for "Changes since v1.4" to my first post.
james_S wrote: If you hit a spring bouncer on the ceiling diagonally it doesnt have any effect, even though it looks like the ninjas head going through it.
interesting, this is definitely new
james_S wrote: About 'one way panels', if you jump from a standing on a rising thwump just before the 'one way panels' you can pass between them when they're placed next to each other forming the normal one way barrier (if u overlap those panels, then u cant pass through). And more importantly when u place a one way panel perpendicular to a surface (e.g a wall of other vertically placed one way panels) which is quite common when mapping (or even if the one way panel is placed inside a tile (wall)) -the ninja gets affected by it as the edge sticks out even though u cant see it.
all of these were around in v1.4. Nothing new here.

james_S wrote: ''Level save delay'' bug applies to lvl names which sometimes dont get saved at all (-u can avoid that by saving, reopening then saving again)
I can't vouch for the save delay thing since I don't map, but everyone's been mentioning it, so I'll add it to the post. I can't say if your "fix" works, can someone else verify?

About the level names thing. I don't know if this is the same thing but sometimes there'll be a map whose name shows up in the map list but when you click on it to play it, it just says "Untitled". Not helpful when playing a map in-browser since you can't then search for title/author.
james_S wrote: On quite a few occasions there have been highscores in which the ninja just dies after moving randomly (-not cause they hacked, I think thats part of the save delay bug -but affecting saved runs).
Could be that, or could be because the map author edited their map after publishing it. NReality also has this.

james_S wrote: In Editor, when cut and rotate something that has sliding gates in it, 360 degrees (ie twice) and then... open the testing the level tab the gates show as turned only part way e.g. 90degrees (I used it in my millennium bug map -in the user levels). Plus also if u copy and paste normal gates.
so I tested it with the latest version and only normal doors ("I" in editor) do that... not locked doors ("O"). Also it doesn't happen on the older version, weird.
panstromek wrote:Online version
-If you load level by the url, you can't easily log in (to submit highscore). You must hit escape and login in menu, but then you can't go back to the level, you must reload page. And you can't view highscore and rating (And you can't rate). Solution would be ability to load level by ID/URL in game itself, still the same story :).
ok yeah, that's actually annoying. also when compounded with the level name bug which sometimes makes things appear as "untitled" in-game so you can't search for it.
panstromek wrote:Mapping
-Saving delay bug. When you save map, close and reopen game, level you made is sometimes not saved (you see older version or just empty map, if it is first save). After some time, level updates automaticaly to the newer version. Delay is sometimes in hours sometimes can be few days. Different parts of the level has different delay. Longest delay has name in opened level. If you accidently publish delayed level, sometimes it gets updated, sometimes not. Usually game elements gets fixed after some time. If only ingame name is broken, it mostly stays broken. You can see it in lot of user levels: Name in the menu is normal and in the game it is older version. It can be also used to "cheating" (You can beat old level and after update you have score but replay doesn't make sense.)
To be sure you do not publish broken level, always reopen game before publishing and check if it's everything okay, especially look at ingame name.
interesting details about the save delay. added to list
panstromek wrote: -Similar bug: When you delete unpublished map, sometimes it is uploaded by another person (who propably recieves same ID). But Only author who deleted the level see it like this. After some time it goes back to normal and you see correct map. For normal people is everything ok. Doesn't affect name in the menu.
wait, WHAT? that's... really weird. can i get someone else to confirm this?
panstromek wrote: - Edit mode can be ended only when mause is on some object.
i don't see what you mean here.
panstromek wrote: -When placing thwump, you can't see ghost of it, so you don't know where exactly are you placing it.
yep.
panstromek wrote:-
When you pick up multiple locked door switches in quick succession, only the first one makes a sound.
This affect more sounds (laser drones, machine guns, seeker drones, rockets, trampolines...). I think that sound of something of this can be played only if the same previous sound ends.
yep, that looks right.
panstromek wrote:Gameplay
-When you die, level name disappears.
not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but added anyway.
panstromek wrote: -When you run/fall through group of thwumps you are activating, in specific speed you are killed for no reason.
panstromek wrote: I made example for better explanation: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=13143
Try just hold right arrow and you'll see. (It is not published, you can play it only in online version)
wow that's surprising. it ought to be fixed
panstromek wrote: Usable bugs:
I think I'll call them "changes from v1.4" instead of "usable bugs" if the're features that don't really need to be fixed.
panstromek wrote: - You can get through oneway same way as get through trap door (can be seen on older version of James_s's map "One of those pro minimal levels"). You can also get through more things when you're really fast. Group of drones for example. But it needs some boost element (It is in map by james_s, called Blue steel: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=11420 )
this can happen in v1.4. But I've not seen it done so spectacularly as in this map, weird.
panstromek wrote: - You can get into tiles and similar things ( http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=10229 )
this is definitely new, a ninja was never supposed to fit into a half-tile space.
panstromek wrote:Suggestions
-To search functions: option to view beaten/unbeaten maps and played/not played maps
-Random map list (like it is on NUMA).
added.
james_S wrote:Aesthetics: If a ninja dies on a block he weighs the block down further and further.
this was already in v1.4
james_S wrote: The ninja cant stand properly between a curved tile and a diagonal tile -the figure goes crazy.
this is new
james_S wrote: Sometimes when a ninja dies on some terrain it causes a continous blood fountain
this was already in v1.4
panstromek wrote:Another point to Saving delay problem: Appears only in game itself, not in online version.
since the save delay bug doesn't happen all the time, can someone else vouch for this in particular?
panstromek wrote: Editor: If you select large area (width must be longer than maximum possible height) and try to rotate it (which couldn't be possible), bug message appears and if you click deny all, editor start acting bugged and you must restart it.
yep.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.10.06 (03:22)

Hah awesome update there.
999_Springs wrote:
panstromek wrote: -Similar bug: When you delete unpublished map, sometimes it is uploaded by another person (who propably recieves same ID). But Only author who deleted the level see it like this. After some time it goes back to normal and you see correct map. For normal people is everything ok. Doesn't affect name in the menu.
Yes, while I was on IRC it happened to Meta, and he saw his deleted map published under romaniac's account, while the rest of us didn't see a shit. Not sure if romaniac saw it.

• Theres also a bug on the userlevels menu. If you scroll to some page, lets say page 2, and then you search (either by title or author), you will appear on page 2 of the search results, and you wil have to scroll back to page 1 to see the results from the beggining. That can make you think theres no map that match your results while in reality you are just pages ahead of the results.

• Another userlevels bug, or maybe just something that should be improved, is the search function. If you don't type the full word you have to be careful.
--- By author: If you want to find Snakehead's map and you type "Snake" it will work, but type "head" and you are fucked, no results. Conclusion, it will only search for fragments that are at the beggining of the words, if not, it won't even search them. Happens with any example.
--- By title: Even worse, if you don't type the full word, it won't search at all, you are fucked. If a level was called "Snakehead", neither "Snake" nor "head" would find the level, it would only search for levels that have the whole word snake or head. Why does it work differently as the author button? No fucking idea.

• And theres the bug of sticking to the ceiling. Check Meta's run here: 5827 That happens when going damn fast. Might happen to anybody on any chimenying map for a little while, but if you keep pressing you would keep sticked to the ceiling. As James pointed out, by going really fast you can also pass through loads of objects, including enemies.

I would modify the last bug on the "New bugs" section:
999_Springs wrote:In full screen, after logging in, the “logged in!” notice stays on-screen instead of going upwards until it disappears.
• That happens with all notices (flaggings, ratings, etc.).

I think Ive seen some more that aren't on the list but I don't remember, Ill try to comment when I come across any of them.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.10.06 (09:28)

999_Springs wrote:I can't vouch for the save delay thing since I don't map, but everyone's been mentioning it, so I'll add it to the post. I can't say if your "fix" works, can someone else verify?

About the level names thing. I don't know if this is the same thing but sometimes there'll be a map whose name shows up in the map list but when you click on it to play it, it just says "Untitled". Not helpful when playing a map in-browser since you can't then search for title/author.
Yeah, that's same thing.
999_Springs wrote:james_S wrote:
On quite a few occasions there have been highscores in which the ninja just dies after moving randomly (-not cause they hacked, I think thats part of the save delay bug -but affecting saved runs).

Could be that, or could be because the map author edited their map after publishing it. NReality also has this.
In v2 you can't edit published maps. This is sometimes caused by save delay. And Another thing: I tried to play game at school in browser. It was on winXP, so the game was slower and laggy, but surprisingly it affected physics, so when you tried to play some replay, ninja got killed somewhere. But when I played same highscore in home, it worked normally.
999_Springs wrote:panstromek wrote:
- Edit mode can be ended only when mause is on some object.

Edit mode in editor. I don't know how to write it more obvious... Try to place some objects, than hit F. It says: Mouse-over entity to edit but you need mouse-over entity to edit and to end edit mode. Understand?
Another point to Saving delay problem: Appears only in game itself, not in online version.

since the save delay bug doesn't happen all the time, can someone else vouch for this in particular?
I will post there screen, when it appear again but it's not 100% true. I tried to edit some level I have long time in list and than it was delayed in both versions. So I believe that in online version it just acts different, in most cases propably better. Another point to delay - The longer you have map in progress (you have ID), probability of delay is bigger and delay longer. So, to avoid problems with it, best way is to make map as fast as possible, or make map, copy code, click on new (recieve new ID), paste code, save, publish. But all these "rules" are not 100% sure, it is bug so I don't expect that it work under some rules. I also don't know how other people sees it.
EddyMataGallos wrote:• Theres also a bug on the userlevels menu. If you scroll to some page, lets say page 2, and then you search (either by title or author), you will appear on page 2 of the search results, and you wil have to scroll back to page 1 to see the results from the beggining. That can make you think theres no map that match your results while in reality you are just pages ahead of the results.
Yes that's annoying, too. You can get fast to first page by clicking on faves and than go back to userlevels. It resets then.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.10.06 (19:43)

What Eddy said about searching by title -it ignores any symbols like . or ! but not numbers (so if a map name is mini3 (no space) -it counts it as the whole name so u wont find it if u search 'mini'). -but unfortunately! it only seems to recognize numbers as one 'thing' not a specific character (so if you search for mini 2 -u get a list of all minis)

Ps. there's also a mistake about getting highscore message -if you're already in the highscores table it doesnt give you the correct message when you do another run (i.e it should tell you if you're improving your time or going slower). Along with fixing this issue I'd love to see a separate msg for getting the 0th! on a map

another ps. in editor, weirdly you cant use the undo function on the very first thing you do until you do something else after it. Eg if the firs thing you do when you open a map is place a bounce block, you cant undo placing a bounceblock until you say place another one (or just delete it of course).

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2013.10.15 (20:42)

EddyMataGallos wrote:Hah awesome update there.
999_Springs wrote:
Yes, while I was on IRC it happened to Meta, and he saw his deleted map published under romaniac's account, while the rest of us didn't see a shit. Not sure if romaniac saw it.

• Theres also a bug on the userlevels menu. If you scroll to some page, lets say page 2, and then you search (either by title or author), you will appear on page 2 of the search results, and you wil have to scroll back to page 1 to see the results from the beggining. That can make you think theres no map that match your results while in reality you are just pages ahead of the results.

• Another userlevels bug, or maybe just something that should be improved, is the search function. If you don't type the full word you have to be careful.
--- By author: If you want to find Snakehead's map and you type "Snake" it will work, but type "head" and you are fucked, no results. Conclusion, it will only search for fragments that are at the beggining of the words, if not, it won't even search them. Happens with any example.
--- By title: Even worse, if you don't type the full word, it won't search at all, you are fucked. If a level was called "Snakehead", neither "Snake" nor "head" would find the level, it would only search for levels that have the whole word snake or head. Why does it work differently as the author button? No fucking idea.

• And theres the bug of sticking to the ceiling. Check Meta's run here: 5827 That happens when going damn fast. Might happen to anybody on any chimenying map for a little while, but if you keep pressing you would keep sticked to the ceiling. As James pointed out, by going really fast you can also pass through loads of objects, including enemies.

I would modify the last bug on the "New bugs" section:
999_Springs wrote:In full screen, after logging in, the “logged in!” notice stays on-screen instead of going upwards until it disappears.
• That happens with all notices (flaggings, ratings, etc.).

I think Ive seen some more that aren't on the list but I don't remember, Ill try to comment when I come across any of them.
cool. added all to first post. the ceiling sticking thing is absolutely hilarious
panstromek wrote:
- Edit mode can be ended only when mause is on some object.

Edit mode in editor. I don't know how to write it more obvious... Try to place some objects, than hit F. It says: Mouse-over entity to edit but you need mouse-over entity to edit and to end edit mode. Understand?
gotcha
james_S wrote:What Eddy said about searching by title -it ignores any symbols like . or ! but not numbers (so if a map name is mini3 (no space) -it counts it as the whole name so u wont find it if u search 'mini'). -but unfortunately! it only seems to recognize numbers as one 'thing' not a specific character (so if you search for mini 2 -u get a list of all minis)

Ps. there's also a mistake about getting highscore message -if you're already in the highscores table it doesnt give you the correct message when you do another run (i.e it should tell you if you're improving your time or going slower). Along with fixing this issue I'd love to see a separate msg for getting the 0th! on a map

another ps. in editor, weirdly you cant use the undo function on the very first thing you do until you do something else after it. Eg if the firs thing you do when you open a map is place a bounce block, you cant undo placing a bounceblock until you say place another one (or just delete it of course).
the first one: that's because the search function ignores any terms fewer than 3 characters long, which i've already pointed out.

second one: the latest version tells you "and you got a high score" if you improve your personal best that is already a highscore, and "...but you didn't get a highscore" if you got a highscore under your personal best. however i'd also like to see a separate message for 0th, like there was in a previous version. added to suggestions.

third one: added.

edit: updated first post. rearranged bugs in each category so that the fixed ones are at the bottom.

edit 2:
999_Springs wrote:
  • This random crash. I don't know how to replicate it.
sorted this out. this bug happens whenever your internet disconnects whole playing, and the message also appears if you deliberately try to load n v2 with no internet. added to first post.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.10.17 (20:52)

On of the most important suggestions:

Comments on levels. This would solve a lot of userlevels problems.

bug: when ninja stands in specific corner, he acts like he's sliding on virtual tile and when you jump, he jumps to different direction than he should according to tiles. Try it here: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=16324
Just let him slide to the left corner and see what happens. Then press the jump and see what direction he jumps. I made a few other examples. Some of them bugged, some not.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.10.18 (10:52)

Last edited by james_S on 2014.02.07 (22:46), edited 2 times in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.10.18 (11:00)

999_Springs wrote: second one: the latest version tells you "and you got a high score" if you improve your personal best that is already a highscore, and "...but you didn't get a highscore" if you got a highscore under your personal best. however i'd also like to see a separate message for 0th, like there was in a previous version. added to suggestions.
Hey Springs, ehm are you sure about that above? a score high enough to stay in the highscores table but not your personal best is still a 'high score' surely. And good job for finding out about the minimum 3 character search limit :)

Another bug:::::::::::::::::::: when a floor guard is placed on the right side end of a tile (i.e not the middle of one tile), it can move half a space Right despite there being just air there (but not left). -This happens also when the floor guard is placed on the right end of any platform (-except an additional effect is that then it cant move left -unlike if it was placed on the left side, then it would be free to move right along the platform like it should do)

PS. I'd love to see my idea of ''Revenge mode'' in the recommendations section heh. -A feature which at a press of a button the ninja cant win anymore but glows in a cool light and enemies disintegrate when the ninja touches them -plus increased mobility/floating power.. =)

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.10.18 (23:47)

james_S wrote:
999_Springs wrote: second one: the latest version tells you "and you got a high score" if you improve your personal best that is already a highscore, and "...but you didn't get a highscore" if you got a highscore under your personal best. however i'd also like to see a separate message for 0th, like there was in a previous version. added to suggestions.
Hey Springs, ehm are you sure about that above? a score high enough to stay in the highscores table but not your personal best is still a 'high score' surely. And good job for finding out about the minimum 3 character search limit :)
You can try it out if you want, if you get a highscore for the first time it will say "you got a highscore". If afterwards you get a score good enough to be on the boards but under your personal best, its gonna say "but you didnt get a highscore". I don't see any bad in this though, if I don't improve my PB then I prefer it not to tell me anything rather than saying I got a highscore again.

Btw shouldn't there be an option to cancel flags? And maybe change votes as well. I have accidentally flagged several maps while going to hit "play", and also voted.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.10.19 (00:14)

oh definitely you can change your vote (plus can rate your own maps), N just doesn't update very quickly, u can restart it to help with that. I wonder what Metanet had in mind for the flag button, e.g who would monitor it or how many flags are needed (-i'd guess quite a few are needed currently, so if u press it by accident nothing would change). There have been a couple of swastika maps but nothing happened to them. -Maybe a recommendation could be a limit to how many levels you can publish in a day, altho maybe not cause no one has really published too many inappropriate etc maps in all this time.

edit: i do think having a limit to how many maps can be published in a day would be useful even if it wont be popular (esp as how many good maps can you think up in a day anyway)

edit: I dont think adding that 'Revenge mode' suggestion is too outlandish cause unlike other suggestions for the game made on a thread in this forum, it doesn't affect the actual gameplay. Btw by disintegrate I meant breaking, imagine thwumps loosing their electricity and stopping, that kind of thing.

edit: Diagonal one way panels possible in the game are missed out from the available options in Editor -and I'm sure are worth having.
Last edited by james_S on 2014.02.07 (22:45), edited 3 times in total.

Maxwell Smart

Postby panstromek » 2013.10.26 (18:27)

So there is the screen. You can see that 2 levels are delayed (111111, tilest4). I filled map 111111 with full tiles, saved, reopened and there was older version. So I opened online version and in it is everything OK (similar with tilest4). These to are were in progress for about 2 weeks.

Same day, nearly same time, I made and saved new map, reopened and it was without any problem. Also after publishing. So it proves that save delay affect more older levels (older ID's). Older ID ----> longer delay.

btw. You can also see map "worms backup". I don't remember what happened but it says "level data not found" and it can't be deleted, edited or just selected :), weird.
Attachments
save_delay_bug.jpg

Life Time Achievement Award
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Zecora
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby M4xwell » 2013.10.26 (19:00)

panstromek wrote:So there is the screen. You can see that 2 levels are delayed (111111, tilest4). I filled map 111111 with full tiles, saved, reopened and there was older version. So I opened online version and in it is everything OK (similar with tilest4). These to are were in progress for about 2 weeks.

Same day, nearly same time, I made and saved new map, reopened and it was without any problem. Also after publishing. So it proves that save delay affect more older levels (older ID's). Older ID ----> longer delay.

btw. You can also see map "worms backup". I don't remember what happened but it says "level data not found" and it can't be deleted, edited or just selected :), weird.
Is there ANY way to take out the 'level data not found' portions because i have over 10 and due to this, i'm not allowed to make any levels W/O deleting other ones i made in my inventory.
"...well then."
Sponsered by panstromek...

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.11.15 (18:11)

-BIG suggestion: -The game is too big when I play it in full screen on my monitor, and while toggling the size I found out that (having 'show all' option selected) you can find a size which is in between full screen and small standard size at which no ''gridlines'' show -i.e the game display is correct. So I think they should add 'medium window size' as a preset option or better still make the game display correctly at any window size. Because atm I have a reference point on my desktop and I always re-size the game to medium before playing which I think has a lot of benefits.

-Increase the number of favorites you can save and also make a second list: highscores 'Watchlist' -an idea to improve competition on the user levels (cause just the mention of it may help encourage the whole community to look back to maps on which they did good runs) and there could be a feature which makes the map icon glow if you moved down in the highscores table.
Last edited by james_S on 2013.12.03 (21:48), edited 6 times in total.

Life Time Achievement Award
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Zecora
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby M4xwell » 2013.11.19 (00:52)

james_S wrote:BIG suggestion: The game is too big when I play it in full screen on my monitor, they should look at ways to make the graphics stay right as u toggle the size of the window -I JUST found out that if you persevere with manually toggling the window size, having 'show all' option selected, you can find a size which is in between those sizes which Im really happy I found, at which no ''gridlines'' show. I heard if the gridlines aren't lined up properly (or they show) then it can affect the score plus other problems.

another suggestion -I play with no sound because on a lot of maps the getting the gold sound gets annoying for me. How about an option to change the loudness of the different sounds e.g. turn the laser noise way up! :p
HAH. I am still waiting for an available Mac version (older one) with the NEditor testing 'for usage'.
"...well then."
Sponsered by panstromek...

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2013.12.02 (16:55)

also worth a mention that it turns out to be cheatable (i think probably by it being possible to slow the game down)

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2013.12.02 (20:01)

james_S wrote:also worth a mention that it turns out to be cheatable (i think probably by it being possible to slow the game down)
I already mailed M&R about this personally because I considered it to be a serious issue, but unfortunately they replied me they don't think they are going to be able to do anything about it, they probably tried already and I don't think they are going to go harder, which is a pity.

Plus Unreality already sent them NReality's source code with security measures highlighted, but I'm guessing it not possible to implement it on AS3 whatsoever, or else I don't know why they wouldn't implement them here in N v2.0.

Anyway I don't know a crap about AS or Flash so I can't tell about this.
ImageImage

Current Stats

Achievements
• 8th ever Grandmaster

Relevant Dates

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.01.09 (16:17)

Falling on a soft bounce block does not break the fall any better than falling on tiles. Maybe Metanet did that deliberately so mappers wouldnt place bounce blocks around as cushions -but I think if they make it so falling on a bounce block adds like 1/2 or 1 tile only to the survivable height then there wouldn't be any danger of that. I think it'd be cooler that way