N v2 bugs and glitches and stuff

Need help getting the latest version of the ninja game to work? Get help here.
If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2014.01.09 (20:37)

What about the fact that while playing userlevels, the new ones don't appear unless you close N, or at least thats what happens to me. I mean, while I'm playing a page of levels, obviously some time passes, and when I go to the next page some maps may seem familiar as they were on the previous page before of course, because some new maps have been created, now I guess it would make sense to be able to go back to the previous page and see the new recently publoished maps wouldn't it? Well, at least for me, thats not possible, if I go back to the previous page, I'll see it in the same state as before, with no new maps.

What this causes is the fact that sometimes I'll just go through lots of pages playing levels, and then as all that time has spent theres probably a couple new pages, but in order to see them I can't just go back to the first page, but I need to close and reopen N. Not even going to the main menu, or config or help or anything helps! Since N v2.0 saves your state, saves the page and the level you were playing, in order to take you back there as soon as you head into the levels tab again. This is pretty convenient when I have to go to the config menu and then go back to continue playing the level, as it does automatically take me to the level I was playing and I save time, but it does have that inconvenient of having to reopen N.

Does this happen to you guys as well? If so maybe it was planned like so, though I would prefer it to be removed.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.01.10 (22:55)

yep Eddy, (that happens to me too) I wonder if it ever refreshes itself (which also includes refreshing map ratings of course).

Talk about saving, isnt it possible to have an 'Unpublished map' reference (which users cant open as a link and snoop on each other) and when the author finishes and publishes the map, that reference is freed up and replaced with a 'Published map' reference. That way the player can scroll back as far as they like without this 25 page limit we have now on how many maps we can see.
Regarding the 25 page limit on maps saved by author problem (for those who dont know, the maps are saved in rating order and the lower rated maps get cut off and cannot be seen) should also be dealt with.

Nv2 does save the published date somehow which is why in Avanced search you can search for maps by date -but its not good that u have to do advanced search just to see yesterday's maps that got cut off by that limit.

Also if they're thinking about improving the userlevels concept, which I hope they are ever for N++. How about a 'dont show map' function lol, to hide some bad maps -because the look of the userlevels section is really bad most days
Last edited by james_S on 2014.02.07 (22:43), edited 2 times in total.
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.01.12 (19:02)

delete
Last edited by james_S on 2014.04.17 (19:18), edited 2 times in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.01.29 (19:00)

'' i noticed Metanet updated the online version to match the standalone version recently-ish. But if you click a map's link, you can see the map but u cant log in and you cant see its highscoreboard and hence any replays. A message shows up when you win the map 'press jump to retry, Back to exit' -lol what does that mean, press the backspace button? ''

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.04.17 (19:10)

Recommendation: I started thinking that it could be good if the mapper could design the background tiles? -which would just be pale grey tiles that the mapper can place over the top of which real tiles and objects would be placed

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.04.17 (19:33)

999Springs I grouped what I said in this thread, can you stick this on the main list? I think everything else on this thread you already added. (let me know if u think something shouldn't be on there...)
-You said you'd add- separate 0th highscore msg, but I cant see it. And I think the ninja blood fountain deaths should be mentioned even though its not a new bug.

-----------
-Show separate message for achieving 0th score.

-When ninja dies or wins the map, make an option to click and view the highscore board (without having to exit map) (I forgot who suggested this first)

-A limit to how many maps can be published in a day per account would be useful even if it wont be popular

-Have a few pre-set game window sizes at which the game would look correctly. Because full screen can be too big and normal window too small.

-Make a highscores 'Watchlist' to be put next to Favorites -An idea to improve competition on the user levels (cause just the mention of it may help encourage the whole community to look back to maps on which they did good runs). In it could be a feature which makes the map icon glow if your score moved down in the table.

-Option for the mapper to design the background tiles -which would just be pale grey tiles that the mapper can place over the top of which real tiles and objects would be placed

-To place a tile you have to mouse click and then press a key -which is a bit awkward when doing it over and over. Should be option to place/delete tiles with just a click.
Last edited by james_S on 2014.04.17 (20:08), edited 2 times in total.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.04.17 (19:38)

Maybe when M&R read this thread, they've learnt to avoid some problems when making N++. N++ is to have no fall damage on bounceblocks -I wonder if they thought of it themselves, or were helped by me mentioning it in this thread :)

I think this thread and the dream features threads are useful for the future of N. -Cause you know, what I would really like to see is an Nv2reality! :D hehe -with some crazy new features

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2014.04.17 (22:20)

james_S wrote:999Springs I grouped what I said in this thread, can you stick this on the main list? I think everything else on this thread you already added. (let me know if u think something shouldn't be on there...)
-You said you'd add- separate 0th highscore msg, but I cant see it. And I think the ninja blood fountain deaths should be mentioned even though its not a new bug.

-----------
-Show separate message for achieving 0th score.

-When ninja dies or wins the map, make an option to click and view the highscore board (without having to exit map) (I forgot who suggested this first)

-A limit to how many maps can be published in a day per account would be useful even if it wont be popular

-Have a few pre-set game window sizes at which the game would look correctly. Because full screen can be too big and normal window too small.

-Make a highscores 'Watchlist' to be put next to Favorites -An idea to improve competition on the user levels (cause just the mention of it may help encourage the whole community to look back to maps on which they did good runs). In it could be a feature which makes the map icon glow if your score moved down in the table.

-Option for the mapper to design the background tiles -which would just be pale grey tiles that the mapper can place over the top of which real tiles and objects would be placed

-To place a tile you have to mouse click and then press a key -which is a bit awkward when doing it over and over. Should be option to place/delete tiles with just a click.
i've only had a quick look at this so far so correct me if i misinterpret what you're saying.

1. i already added the "separate message for 0th highscore" in the suggestions section in blue

2. sounds like a good suggestion. but in nreality, you can do that by pressing q and ctrl+click to view scores and submit a score then you have to click to reload the map to play it again... is that alternative ok for you, or is there a particular reason why you don't want to exit the map? i've probably forgotten how userlevel search on n v2 works by now...

3. good idea, added to suggestions

4. this is a flash player thing rather than an n thing. in n v1.4 the readme text file tells you to play at 1024x768 screen resolution for optimal screen size. now it's the year 2014 and not many people still use that, but just saying. if you're using a larger screen resolution, then in adobe flash player you can right click -> show all. or maybe play around with the zoom in/out options.

5. i'm not sure what you want this watchlist to have in it. is it going to be similar to stuff you can find on the website for nreality userlevel scores n.infunity.com? but yeah, i agree, pretty much the only reason why i personally don't highscore n v2 userlevels is because nobody ever sees a map or highscore again after a day, which is a real shame.

6. sorry i have no idea what this means :S

7. hold spacebar then press 1, and you can fill tiles by holding down the E key and moving your mouse (don't need to click), just like you can do on n v1.4 or nreality
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2014.04.17 (23:10)

Ok cool. I'll try to clear it up:

firstly another bug present on 1.4 as well I think -the seeker drones have a blind spot which is the space in between the tiles (gridlines) -this space is quite wide but not quite as wide as the ninja (meaning that if the ninja stands still while the seeker goes past, it will be spotted -but if the ninja moves from one side of the blindspot to the other as the seeker moves, it will stay safe! -which can sometimes look dysfunctional) -Whitewhale showed me this.

1 -sry I missed it then (I said I tried looking for it)

2 -On Nv2 scores get submitted automatically and I cant really think of much reasons against this. Its quicker than the n1.4 system

4 -If you just try it, you'll see that if you stretch the size of the game window (after selecting show all) -some kind of gridlines appear and quality is worse. -Maybe this is just a bug? As I mentioned before currently there are certain exact sizes (in between full screen and normal) at which the quality becomes normal again. (At the moment I have a reference point on my desktop so I can stretch to that exact size)

5 -Actually in this idea its not necessary to have the 'Watchlist' I mentioned. All maps you played can have their icons 'light up' and maybe even show a number -the number of positions your score has moved down in the map's highscores table. When I wrote that I was thinking the Watchlist could be another tab exactly like the favourites section and only maps you select to go in to the Watchlist would have that lighting up system used on them.

EDIT: How about if they could make a button 'show played maps or something' which will highlight the played maps out of all the maps shown in the window (whether you're in favourites or not) and also show the number of places your score went down in the table or if ur not on the board anymore it will show a dash.
If that is implemented it could work well with what Panstromek said about being able to search by played/ unplayed maps.

6 -It gives the mapper a chance to draw a pretty 'background' that compliments the tiles they make. (using the same rules/tile shapes) Nothing to do with gameplay

7 -Oh crap that's because I got used to filling in tiles by pressing the E button (especially when I try to make a rough sketch of a map) and that requires you to select an area by clicking first (this maybe a bug though -cause if u just create new map and start pressing E, u don't have to click. Then if you click your mouse u cant do that anymore)

8 (new) -Bring back being able to squeeze through 1/2 a tile gap, but only for those sloped tiles that help the ninja squeeze through. Currently in N2 the ninja cant squeeze through a 'tunnel' that has a curved tile opposite a sloped tile -because the curved tile is a fraction of a millimetre too wide

9 (new) -Make floorguards able to move over all flat surfaces (if there's no gaps) -e.g block(trap) gates, closed gates, panels. -Except you could decide whether whether to or not to allow them to move on closed gates because if opened the floorguard will be just sitting in mid air which doesn't look right. Unless you make floorguards gravity affected -simply fall straight down to the next platform and carry on working (they will always fall straight down cause they are programmed to stop near edge of platform). Also an idea could be to make floor guards work on sloped surfaces -i.e so the only thing they cant get over is angles and gaps which makes sense.

-The plus points of that idea is that it can look well and inspire new challenges, the minus is that it can also be misused in the way that it would look crap

(Then you wont need to fix the bug of how they behave in mid air/ sitting on half a tile width)