Spamming

What's going on with the forums? Check here for updates and ask your questions.
The Konami Number
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Atilla

Postby Atilla » 2009.01.23 (03:29)

blackbelmoral wrote:you forgot a [rant]
i agree wholeheartedly.
but if you have a good contribution, say it.

Okay, getting annoying now. Not only are you apparently incapable of realizing that the person posting inane comments with poor grammar in every thread might be yourself, you apparently don't realize the irony inherent in posting "i agree" after a complaint about spam. Read this guide to forum etiquette and don't post until you understand it. If I see any more spam, I am banning you for a day in the hope that it will quell your compulsive urge to post in every thread on the forums.

Life Time Achievement Award
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/browse?q=author:Brainwasher
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Brainwasher » 2009.01.23 (04:02)

BE_nSPIRED wrote:i think a week ban would do much better than a day
Don't get overzealous there, nspired. A week is a bit harsh for something as "insignificant" as spamming. The reason I'm putting insignificant in "" is because I don't see too much spamming in N contests & highscores (where I usually post). I think most spamming happens in fun & games (where posts don't accumualte) and here, in the news section. There is a lot of spamming here, because, as with most news, once the news is reported, there isn't much to say, so the topic wanders. *rambling* I also got docked about 100 posts, but I am not really concerned with that. *stops on the thin line between rambling and spamming* See, I can stop! {crap, just stepped over it} [__:P
Now back from life.

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/greenblack

Postby blackbelmoral » 2009.01.23 (04:20)

maybe what your seeing is alternate time zones. you get on an hour earlier with everyone else. i post and reply. 30 min - 2 hours later the rest of you get on. you look:
"HEY! that guy is on almost every topic on the first page! annoy him!"
then you get off, and i get on. reply to the new posts i need to reply to (like this) and have the SAME THING REPEATED.
look at the time zones before you criticize.
YAR HAR!
X2
Sigs:
29403|?NicNac?| Kablamo
Atilla wrote:If I offer a position, particularly one that requires a degree of responsibility and maturity, verbally abusing me because you missed the position will only confirm my belief that you were not the best candidate

The Konami Number
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Atilla

Postby Atilla » 2009.01.23 (04:34)

Argh.

Firstly, there are loads of people in different timezones here, and most of them don't spam. I am in goddamned Australia. When it's Saturday afternoon for me, it's Friday night for most the people here, who are American. That's how different my timezone is.

Second, timezones have nothing to do with your quantity of posts. In the picture I posted, it clearly shows that in one instance, you posted four times in two minutes, and it's not usual for you to make dozens of posts in a day.

Stop making excuses and accept responsibility for your own actions. You've been spamming. It's annoying. You need to stop it, rather than trying to shove the blame on other people.

Intel 80486
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/epigone

Postby epigone » 2009.01.23 (04:42)

Pheidippides wrote:There's no way anyone has 42 "good contributions" to make in a scant three hours. Don't you think that's just /slightly/ excessive? Especially at a forum that's only moderately active to begin with?
Some people think they are really dang important.
Member of the Metanet Forum community since June 3rd, 2006.

The Best of Epigone

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/greenblack

Postby blackbelmoral » 2009.01.23 (04:49)

Atilla wrote:Argh.

Firstly, there are loads of people in different timezones here, and most of them don't spam. I am in goddamned Australia. When it's Saturday afternoon for me, it's Friday night for most the people here, who are American. That's how different my timezone is.

Second, timezones have nothing to do with your quantity of posts. In the picture I posted, it clearly shows that in one instance, you posted four times in two minutes, and it's not usual for you to make dozens of posts in a day.

Stop making excuses and accept responsibility for your own actions. You've been spamming. It's annoying. You need to stop it, rather than trying to shove the blame on other people.
im not. ill give you a screnshot sometime.
ten minutes later whouah! the forum is active again!

AND im in goddamned washington (NW)
i have 1 hour less than you. when its my get-home-from-school, its everyone elses get in school or out of dinner.
im not placing the blame on someone else.
im providing you with the answer you asked earlier. yet even when i try to stop that, you persist.
and ive never had 4 replies in 2 minutes
YAR HAR!
X2
Sigs:
29403|?NicNac?| Kablamo
Atilla wrote:If I offer a position, particularly one that requires a degree of responsibility and maturity, verbally abusing me because you missed the position will only confirm my belief that you were not the best candidate

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Eternal_Boredom
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby DoctorAperture » 2009.01.23 (04:56)

Oh dear fucking god, you do not know when to stop; do you?
random stuff

Thanks tp pawz and GTM for the sig

obligatory ad for my comic(s)

LittleViking wrote:Oh, sure. I just hope this doesn't open the door to new jokes instead, you know? I'd hate for this to shed some light on more name-related puns. Maybe now they can focus their efforts elsewhere.
Awww, so cute!

Dance Dance Revolution Android
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/TribulatioN
MBTI Type: ESFP

Postby TribulatioN » 2009.01.23 (05:02)

blackbelmoral wrote:im not. ill give you a screnshot sometime.
ten minutes later whouah! the forum is active again!

AND im in goddamned washington (NW)
i have 1 hour less than you. when its my get-home-from-school, its everyone elses get in school or out of dinner.
im not placing the blame on someone else.
im providing you with the answer you asked earlier. yet even when i try to stop that, you persist.
and ive never had 4 replies in 2 minutes
Why can't you just stop being ignorant, and just accept the facts.
The screen Atilla posted is proof, so you can't say you did not do that.
Seriously, I've had times when the new posts was littered with my name, but each post I had was relevant to the topics. I did not get accused of spamming, why? Because I wasn't spamming.
Timezones are irrelevant with spamming. Hell, I'm not even sure if it's even arguable that timezones affect spamming.
Just give it a rest.
[ispoiler=http://i31.tinypic.com/111p9bo.png]gloomp : gloomp : Why Me : toasters : SkyRay : Slurpee@fpsbanana : KaMikA@Haklabs[/ispoiler]ImageImage[spoiler=Neditor Nation]Currently Challenging: lord_day
Image[/spoiler][spoiler=Puzzle of the Exuberant!]Image
ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.23 (05:25)

We have members in Australia, Bahrain, the UK, Germany, Finland, Singapore, etc. None of those users are spamming.

There is no excuse for replying to comments with phrases that lack content.

bbm: Consider how you are adding to a topic before you post in that topic.

Everyone else: Give bbm a break if he starts posting better and stops making excuses. He's new and just needs some time to get adjusted here.

Thread locked.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Retrofuturist

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2009.01.23 (20:35)

Furthermore, blackbelmoral and Turtle just earned themselves some negative reinforcement. They'll be back tomorrow.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler