Newest version [10/Sept/2013] SUPERIOR UPDATE
Update info for v3.0: Since I had already implemented most functions you could probably come up with in the previous version, I really focused on enhancing the program this time. I have included several features and changes to improve the comprehensibility and readability of everything it generates. I also worked on the security of the program.
Of course I haven't forgotton about the rest, as you will see, there are several new functions I've implemented. Plus I have modified a bunch of old ones with new features that show more detailed information, or interesting stuff to know.
I highly recommend to update, as I have also fixed some errors from the last version, including 2 particular ones.
== Changelog ==
Code: Select all
+ are big additions
* are changes/improvements/small additions
- are deletions/bug fixes
== v3.0 ==
:: Major update ::
+ Added score files encryption, and some other security measures. (Security feature).
+ Added a default name option, and a config menu.
+ Added Demo Analysis function with 2 different methods (for both online scores and local-stored demos).
+ Added Level Top-10 navigation function.
+ Added padding to all functions to improve readability.
+ Added Largest X-Y spreads function.
+ Added Smallest X-Y spreads function.
+ Added Player's Worst Enemies function (1st scores to).
+ Added ability to resume download if connection is lost.
* Improved score filename system (you can now save/load files with spaces).
* Improved downloading function once again (should be more resource saver and faster now).
* Improved outputted files style.
* Improved decimal notation.
* Improved Player's 0th Changes function (shows ex-tied 0ths, and improved tied 0ths).
* Improved Community TLS function (shows secs, and hours).
* Improved New 0th Report function (shows gained frames & secs, average, and how many players).
* Added date to all output files.
* Added [Possibly maxed] note to 7 functions.
* Added download percentage to window title.
* Added an exit option.
* Changed some output filenames.
- Fixed the redownloading issue (the names doubling), now the buffer is cleared.
- Program won't crash if downloading went wrong anymore (enhanced the error part).
- Fixed the Window title.
== v2.0 ==
:: Major update ::
+ Included a changelog.
+ Kickass interface!
+ Player's 0th Changes function.
+ Player's Top-10 Changes function.
+ Player's full stats function.
+ Player's all reports function.
+ 2 Players Comparison function.
+ 0th Rankings without ties function.
+ Tied 0th Rankings function.
+ X-Y spreads between 2 ranks function.
+ Community all main function at once function.
* Include ties on episode ownages.
* Plus5 and Plus1000 diffs on Player's Worst Scores.
* Mention already maxed levels in Player's Non Top-10 Scores list (to crush dreams ofc).
* Mention average tied 0th scores per level on 0th rankings.
* Put hyphens for tied players on all rankings.
* Only include players with over 25 scores on average rank rankings.
* Improved downloading function.
* Added a download bar.
* Loads of minor changes which I can't even list.
- Fixed the episode ownage function.
- The date doesn't end with a carriage return anymore.
- More minor fixes which probably came unnoticed by you.
== v1.0 ==
:: Initial release with a load of functions already ::
+ New 0ths Report function.
+ 0th Rankings function.
+ Top-10 Rankings function.
+ X-Rankings function.
+ Point Rankings function.
+ Average Rank Rankings function.
+ Maxed levels function.
+ Semi-maxed levels function.
+ Show a level's top-10 board function.
+ Community Total Level Score function.
+ Episode ownages function (without ties).
+ List all 0ths function.
+ List all scores function.
+ Largest 0th-1st spreads function.
+ Largest 0th-9th spreads function.
+ Smallest 0th-1st spreads function.
+ Smallest 0th-9th spreads function.
+ Player's 0th Scores function.
+ Player's Top-10 Scores function.
+ Player's Non Top-10 Scores function.
+ Player's X-Scores function.
+ Player's rank distribution function.
+ Player's worst scores function.
+ Ability to export scores.
+ Ability to load previosuly saved scores.
== What is N2High ==
- N2High is a software which aim is to download the current scores for N v2.0 and provide all kinds of statistics, rankings and reports, both individual and for the overall community.
- N2High is based on the popular NHigh, software developed by jg9000 for the same purpose as this, directed at N v1.4.
- N2High is currently in development. Of course, if you have ANY suggestion regarding the software, e.g. new functions, improvements, bugs, mistakes, etc., don't hesitate on telling me on the forums."
== Installation notes ==
- If you decide to use the compiled executable version, just run N2High.exe.
- Source code is included. If you wish to compile it by yourself, do it.
== Basic usage ==
- First of all, you will have to download the scores, which you will be able to export later, this might take several minutes. You can also load a previously exported file. (3 come included with the app).
- After that you will be taken to a Menu with several functions to choose, for both individual players or overall reports. There are several functions that compare the current scores with a previous file, so its a good idea to export the scores from time to time. Functions are pretty self explanatory, but if you don't understand any, just ask here.
- Most of the reports are exported to a .txt file to avoid too much mess in the command prompt.
== Current TO-DO List ==
Code: Select all
- Player largest/smallest X-Y spread.
- Player total 0th-1st spread. (community total score minus player).
- Player offline scores (to calculate TLS).
- Option to download all demos at the beggining.
- Overall Top-10 changes.
- Episode semi-ownages.
- Optimize average rank rankings function.
- When doing stats, return rank value taking ties into account.
- Find player's ID and viceversa. Find levels by inserting some conditions.
- Make a GUI.
- Improve downloading system (I currently depend on WGet, a GNU app).
- Userlevels support.
- Rankings doer (for the forums).
- Score files automatic browser.
- Configurable options: Ignore list, hs file autosave, bonus level nomenclature, number of retries when download fails, etc.
Want anything thats not here? Don't hesitate and tell me on the forums.
== Downloads ==
Downloads from older versions: 251
BEFORE DOWNLOADING: Most of the reports aren't printed on the command line, but exported in a .txt file on your N2High folder, in order not to mess the command prompt.
Attachments not working? MEGA link right here:
Code: Select all