any person used e-cigs .

Talk about whatever is on your mind, if it doesn't go anywhere else.

Postby lurseillunk » 2011.03.08 (02:03)

I recently noticed a offer for electric cigarettes. The actual one item that irritates me personally is that there's no price tag specified. All they have is the preliminary free trial. pay S&H, and so forth. There is No value list presented when you wish to continue. I'd like some opinions, PLOISE.

With a cow, closer than you think.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/krusch
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby krusch » 2011.03.08 (02:21)

My friend had one of these once, a Red Bull flavoured one. It was hilarious. Like an instant headache.

Not So Awesome Blossom
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Vyacheslav » 2011.03.08 (03:29)

Pretty sure this guy is a bot.

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2011.03.08 (12:56)

Ha, the domain name on his email was "watch-top-chef-online.co.cc". Banned, etc.

Let's talk this shit out anyway, though.
I got me a BluCig starter kit recently, and I've been enjoying it so far. Got the low-nicotine pack to start with. It tastes rather pleasantly like java.
The part of my brain that had a lingering nicotine addiction came up with the following rationalizations:
  • I smoke socially anyway. This'll help me stop bumming cigarettes off of my friends.
  • It's cigarettes minus tar, ash in lungs, coughing fits, and cancer -- if nicotine's all that's left to worry about and I already enjoy my caffeine addiction and alcoholism, then on what grounds could I possibly justify being opposed to nicotine for nicotine's sake?
  • I've been tempted at times to try working Ritalin or similar into my studying to help me focus but various moral convictions have been holding me back. Low doses of nicotine sounds like a much safer way of trying on the stimulant pants. Shut up; I'm tired.
  • Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor and all, but I've got years to go before I start worrying about health problems. I walk and fuck enough to get some good cardio in my waking hours, and if my heart starts feeling weird, I'll just start taking aspirin or something. Plenty of people've got worse hearts'n me, and they're still alive and well.
Downsides:
  • I look like a douchetool, and I'm smoking candy.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Kablizzy » 2011.03.09 (03:56)

T̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư wrote:Ha, the domain name on his email was "watch-top-chef-online.co.cc". Banned, etc.

Let's talk this shit out anyway, though.
I got me a BluCig starter kit recently, and I've been enjoying it so far. Got the low-nicotine pack to start with. It tastes rather pleasantly like java.
The part of my brain that had a lingering nicotine addiction came up with the following rationalizations:
  • I smoke socially anyway. This'll help me stop bumming cigarettes off of my friends.
  • It's cigarettes minus tar, ash in lungs, coughing fits, and cancer -- if nicotine's all that's left to worry about and I already enjoy my caffeine addiction and alcoholism, then on what grounds could I possibly justify being opposed to nicotine for nicotine's sake?
  • I've been tempted at times to try working Ritalin or similar into my studying to help me focus but various moral convictions have been holding me back. Low doses of nicotine sounds like a much safer way of trying on the stimulant pants. Shut up; I'm tired.
  • Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor and all, but I've got years to go before I start worrying about health problems. I walk and fuck enough to get some good cardio in my waking hours, and if my heart starts feeling weird, I'll just start taking aspirin or something. Plenty of people've got worse hearts'n me, and they're still alive and well.
Downsides:
  • I look like a douchetool, and I'm smoking candy.
You come up with the craziest, shit-brained rationalizations for *everything* now.
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2011.04.10 (23:06)

just as i was about to go out and get a pack. but yeah ive been thinking about getting another one of those, seeing as nicotine patches make me horribly sick.... and the gum is both nasty and nauseating

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/scythe33
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby scythe » 2011.04.13 (04:30)

My friend just got an e-cigarette. The menthol one is tasty, and I spent nearly an hour playing with the thing and trying to blow smoke rings. It seems like mostly safe entertainment, aside from, as Suki pointed out, I look like a douchetool, and I'm smoking candy.

I've considered that the effects of nicotine are kind of beneficial in a few situations -- mostly "late-night studying", and also any time I need to do a good Spike impression -- but the addiction and tolerance risk makes it look like a negative from here. Most of what I might use nicotine for, piracetam seems to cover as well, and it is much less addictive from my own experience -- whenever I've had to go a few days without, I haven't felt any withdrawal and no real craving. Now, a piracetam e-cigarette...

Sometimes I'll bum a cigarette when I'm drinking, and carrying an e-cigarette with me means I wouldn't even smoke free cigarettes anymore, plus I can always get menthol (:D). I don't know if that justifies the $45.00 price tag, though, or the fact that having it around means I'd use it more.

For anyone looking to use nicotine, though, this really looks like the way to go. It has all of the intended effects of cigarettes -- whether you consider those good or bad -- and none of the smell and smoke-related cancer risk.

As an aside, Cowboy Bebop probably does more to make smoking look cool than anything else these days, far as I can tell.
As soon as we wish to be happier, we are no longer happy.