mystro23 revealed

Discuss aspects of the community itself and talk about the people and ideas that make this place work.
On the Psychic Highway
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/mahi_mahi

Postby Mustardude » 2011.06.21 (20:22)

At around 12:51am on Sunday, RadiumFalcon was at mahi_mahi's (me) house. We were both in my room, having a chat and that. We both have iPod touches, and RadiumFalcon was playing Words With Friends, so I opened my WWF ap as well. I was playing several people at the time, mostly my Facebook friends. For each of them I showed RadiumFalcon how I was dominating all of them. As I proceeded through each of my games, I got down to a game I was playing with mystro23, a user on NUMA. Both RF and I have previously accused mystro23 as being the user fireburnsfree, who is a repeat offender of multiaccounting. Anyways, I showed RF the game I was playing with him, pointing out some crazy words he was using, such as QOPHS. Right, so I played my word and went back to the menu with all the games. RF happened to glance at the games and noticed something.

When playing with your Facebook friends, it shows their first and last name along with their profile picture on FB. However, at the time I was not friends with mystro23 on Facebook, so instead of having his first and last name, it had his Words username and generic picture. Now, at the time, his username was "mike_young". I was oblivious to the fact that this was not right; RF, on the other hand spotted a problem. He saw that "mike_young" was obviously the same as "Michael Young".

As you can see, Michael Young = fireburnsfree. mystro23 on the other hand is "Jacob Mystro Tomas". Now I hear you cry: 'waaait mahi, can't that just mean that mystro is using fireburnsfree's Words account?' Why yes, of course it can. After all:
<mystro> Plus {I'm} going to college with fbf ...
Well I'll address that in a minute. I attempted to contact mystro23 over the Words chat. Inconveniently however, the chat was experiencing problems and would not let me send my message, which was 'Hey, you ARE mystro23 right? haha'. Later, at around 11:30am on Monday morning, I was perusing moa.nijarobotyeti.com, and saw that mystro23 was online. So I asked him there:

I never got a response from him. However, he did try to cover his tracks. He changed his Words name from "mike_young" to "my_23_stro" shortly after I asked him.

That was taken about two and a half hours later.
--
mystro23 has unofficially left the community as per:
[11:59] <mystro> So no need to persue this...I'm leaving Metanet now
Do you think this is concrete evidence? Discuss.

-mahi
Last edited by Mustardude on 2011.06.22 (03:39), edited 1 time in total.
Check out the pack thread, click the picture above
wordblamcreator wrote:mahi_mahi has the french flag up! He must be surrendering...
mahi_mahi wrote:It's the Russian flag.

The Konami Number
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/al__cair__raheakallan

Postby chocollama » 2011.06.21 (21:43)

man, mystro and I were in the middle of a collab. :(

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2011.06.21 (21:58)

We're all Evil_Sire, so what does it matter?

On a more serious note, I can't ever recall FBF and mystro being on IRC at the same time. This is probably not a good sign.

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2011.06.21 (22:44)

Pretty solid evidence, it looks like. That's not cool.
feline disrespect from behind

Semimember

Postby DJ Mystro » 2011.06.22 (00:35)

This seems like it would only make sense if he had "proof" of my name being "mike_young" which he has none, all he has is his word...so he only has evidence of fbf's name and my name and my wwf name...not of it ever being anything else...so I see no way of this being believable...and no it's not concrete...it is two cousins word against mine, whom agree with each other most of the time, whether correct or not, here like said prior they haveaccused me before and had no evidence and I've been on vent /while/ fbf was and have proven that e are different people. So they have 2 screen shots that prove nothing besides their words. So I feel this is a terrible jump to conclusions.

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2011.06.22 (00:48)

mystro23 is mystro23. Case closed.

EDIT: Hah, I was so gullible back then.
Last edited by aids on 2014.01.16 (22:38), edited 1 time in total.

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Mustardude » 2011.06.22 (03:39)

DJ Mystro wrote:This seems like it would only make sense if he had "proof" of my name being "mike_young" which he has none, all he has is his word...so he only has evidence of fbf's name and my name and my wwf name...not of it ever being anything else...so I see no way of this being believable...and no it's not concrete...it is two cousins word against mine, whom agree with each other most of the time, whether correct or not, here like said prior they haveaccused me before and had no evidence and I've been on vent /while/ fbf was and have proven that e are different people. So they have 2 screen shots that prove nothing besides their words. So I feel this is a terrible jump to conclusions.
is it a coincidence, then, that you change your WWF name right after my innocent question on MOA was completely ignored? if you were telling the truth and were NOT fbf, you would have said 'yes, you are playing me in words'. instead i find your WWF name changed back to your name (my_23_stro), seemingly to cover your ass.

and if you HONESTLY believe that i would make up the part about his name being mike_young on WWF, you are either overestimating my ability to lie, or a tool.
wordblamcreator wrote:mahi_mahi has the french flag up! He must be surrendering...

Hawaii Five-Oh
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/RadiumFalcon
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby Radium » 2011.06.22 (05:35)

There is no need for a screenshot of the mike_young. I was there and I caught it. Mahi simply forgot to screenshot it before mystro covered his tracks.

I've always suspected the two of being the same.. which is disappointing because mystro featured fbf..

and the fact that he is "leaving" the same day that we go public with our accusation is no coincidence.
spoiler

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2011.06.22 (06:47)

I thought mystro23 was me.

Jacob 'mystro' Tomas's Facebook image--and name--is from this blog of a photographer who in no uncertain terms is /not/ mystro. Case indeed closed and the lying denier can get fuuuuuucked.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2011.06.22 (07:03)

Posting so if people ever read this again ever they will be like damn flag was all over this shit
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

The Dreamster Teamster
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/lukesv

Postby lukesv » 2011.06.22 (07:34)

I am not surprised.
//

Semimember

Postby DJ Mystro » 2011.06.22 (10:25)

I never knew that having the same name as someone else meant automatic conviction. I'm not fbf and my name /is/ Jacob Tomas, my full middle name is mystrophlis. But that's irrelivant, both fbf and I were on vent holding a conversation with other people, we have different ip addresses and mahi has no /real/ proof besides RF's word...I don't know what else I have to do to prove my inosense. This seems a tad unfair to have 3 easily accessable pictures and claim anyone is someone else...I feel that I have no ground because I'm not well known. I have been on NUMA for /6/ years...and am not fbf this is stupid and illegitimate.

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset

Postby Sunset » 2011.06.22 (12:24)

DJ Mystro wrote:I never knew that having the same name as someone else meant automatic conviction. I'm not fbf and my name /is/ Jacob Tomas, my full middle name is mystrophlis. But that's irrelivant, both fbf and I were on vent holding a conversation with other people, we have different ip addresses and mahi has no /real/ proof besides RF's word...I don't know what else I have to do to prove my inosense. This seems a tad unfair to have 3 easily accessable pictures and claim anyone is someone else...I feel that I have no ground because I'm not well known. I have been on NUMA for /6/ years...and am not fbf this is stupid and illegitimate.
Gonna throw my hand into this... Sorry mystro :/

Having the same name doesn't mean that, it's just suspicious; but having different IP's and tone of voice, etc, doesn't mean you're not the same person. You could've told someone to act like you. It seems a bit silly, but people sometimes do that. Also, to make matters more suspicious for you...

I've noticed things about fbf's multiaccounts. Most, if not all, have had their names put on their avvy's/sigs, and if my logic is correct, we can presume that he is you because you did this /right/ /when/ /you/ /joined/. Also, fbf tended to want to sway from his style a lot when he ma'd, and you did too on your first few maps. But then you returned back to the original 'fbf' style. He did this too. One more thing, he also made huge statements as to how he isn't fbf, and fbf's multis also did this. There's also sufficient evidence from mahi and RF to debunk his claims.

I'm done, someone slander this.

Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sunset » 2011.06.22 (13:13)

One last last thing, thank you sidke...

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2011.06.22 (15:21)

DJ Mystro wrote:I never knew that having the same name as someone else meant automatic conviction.
Same name? Same *photo*, man. But by all means keep digging that hole.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Mustardude » 2011.06.22 (16:04)

thank you very much sidke, sunset and maestro!

i apologise profusely for not having the screenshot of mike_young. i didn't know you could change wwf names so i was unprepared. but mystro, you have yet to answer one question: why was my question ignored on moa, and your wwf name changed conveniently hours later?

Semimember

Postby DJ Mystro » 2011.06.22 (16:07)

Granted my style may be similar, but it isn't close enough to be the same...anyone who plays my maps knows that. Also as previously said, I met fbf and I've been to his house, I've subbed maps from his house. Snuggletummy and GW live in the same house...doesn't mean they are the same people...all I did wrong was use someone else's picture on fb and I'm sorry for that but I /am not/ nor will I ever be fbf.

Semimember

Postby DJ Mystro » 2011.06.22 (16:10)

Mahi, who is to say I ever changed my name, just you and RF, so that imo is out the window for discussion.

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Mustardude » 2011.06.22 (16:35)

DJ Mystro wrote:Mahi, who is to say I ever changed my name, just you and RF, so that imo is out the window for discussion.
i'm sorry, but this isn't a court of law. the fact that i said you changed your name from mike_young to my_23_stro is, granted, just my word; however, i am pretty sure all of us, including you, do not think i am making that up. so its up to my fellow community members to take either mystro's word, or mine. did mahi spin a tale of lies about the mike_young/my_23_stro incident, or is he actually telling the truth.

on another note, even if your name was my_23_stro the entire time, why would you ignore my question on moa?

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Mustardude » 2011.06.22 (16:38)

also, you're eh, middle name. suspicious?

Semimember

Postby DJ Mystro » 2011.06.22 (18:47)

mahi, you make no sense, you go from wwf and say that despite it sheerly being your word against mine (and not many people know me, so they'll side with you) the move to my name being the same as someone else's in another place on the net (as if that's rare), then when my middle name /doesn't/ show up, you accuse me further...more or less no matter what you're going to assume my guilt, so why say anything?
That's like me taking your name typing it into google and if /anything/ pops up you are lying and it's a false name, and if /nothing/ pops up you are also lying and it's not your name...see how hat situation works? That's how this situation is, you're blaming an innocent person, because of something that mahi/RF supposedly saw but have no proof of, and my mapping style isn't like fbf's and even if it was, how many maps are there on numa alone? 200,000+? And you're telling me 2 people are /never/ going to map similarly? That's childish thinking. Finally if I meet someone from Metanet and hang out with them and post a map or get on irc or vent and have the same ip it doesn't mean I am them, I was going to hang with Jig, and if I had and I posted a map from his pad, doesn't mean I'm Jig...this all is sercumstantial and bogus...I don't want to be treated like crap because someone else fucked up their credibility. I truly did nothing wrong and feel this thread, and entire situation is unfair in the highest degree. So as my final attempt, please stop this, if any further proof is needed of my innosense, I will be happy to supply it, but until that time I just want to be treated like every other user.

(P.s. Mahi. Never answered back, because I was confused about who "mike_young" wason wwf, and I rarely comment back unless the original comment pertains to the map, it keeps spam down, because I use irc and the forums so there is no need to spam maps.)

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2011.06.22 (18:54)

DJ Mystro wrote:...the move to my name being the same as someone else's in another place on the net (as if that's rare), then when my middle name /doesn't/ show up, you accuse me further...more or less no matter what you're going to assume my guilt, so why say anything?
That's like me taking your name typing it into google and if /anything/ pops up you are lying and it's a false name, and if /nothing/ pops up you are also lying and it's not your name...see how hat situation works?
That's not the situation at all you are supposedly a real person and yet you made a fake Facebook account with a fake photo asdkasjlg;gfj;
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Mustardude » 2011.06.22 (19:41)

DJ Mystro wrote:mahi, you make no sense, you go from wwf and say that despite it sheerly being your word against mine (and not many people know me, so they'll side with you) the move to my name being the same as someone else's in another place on the net (as if that's rare), then when my middle name /doesn't/ show up, you accuse me further...more or less no matter what you're going to assume my guilt, so why say anything?
That's like me taking your name typing it into google and if /anything/ pops up you are lying and it's a false name, and if /nothing/ pops up you are also lying and it's not your name...see how hat situation works? That's how this situation is, you're blaming an innocent person, because of something that mahi/RF supposedly saw but have no proof of, and my mapping style isn't like fbf's and even if it was, how many maps are there on numa alone? 200,000+? And you're telling me 2 people are /never/ going to map similarly? That's childish thinking. Finally if I meet someone from Metanet and hang out with them and post a map or get on irc or vent and have the same ip it doesn't mean I am them, I was going to hang with Jig, and if I had and I posted a map from his pad, doesn't mean I'm Jig...this all is sercumstantial and bogus...I don't want to be treated like crap because someone else fucked up their credibility. I truly did nothing wrong and feel this thread, and entire situation is unfair in the highest degree. So as my final attempt, please stop this, if any further proof is needed of my innosense, I will be happy to supply it, but until that time I just want to be treated like every other user.

(P.s. Mahi. Never answered back, because I was confused about who "mike_young" wason wwf, and I rarely comment back unless the original comment pertains to the map, it keeps spam down, because I use irc and the forums so there is no need to spam maps.)
i'm not moving from one point to another. i am showing you several incriminating points that help. the fact that YOU supposedly used someone else's name and definitely used someone else's picture does not help your case at all. if i HAD found results (and lets not downplay how hard it is to put one word into google and find not a SINGLE search result, especially if its supposedly a real name), i would not have used it in my argument. i am not that petty, so we'll lose that stupid argument now.
next point: the fbf/mystro similarity complex. okay, so true in an archive of over 200,000 maps you are bound to get similarities; THAT BEING SAID, rarely will you find two authors that have a string of 20-30 maps that are pretty much exactly the same in structure, object placement etc, who have not turned out to be the same person. one example of this is some of the last 50 maps on Mustardude and the first 20 or so maps on mahi_mahi.
about your Jig argument... again it's flawed. you are suggesting that (we are saying) having the same IP as someone else automatically makes you that person. well this is not the case. instead it is all the evidence presented so far ON TOP OF THAT. its unfair for you to assert each accusation and piece of evidence individually, because each piece of evidence supports one another as one whole claim.
also its true that your WWF name was changed from mike_young to my_23_stro just hours after my "spam" on your map was ignored. so whether -
- is true or not, the fact that you ignored me and coincidentally changed your name in the span of less than 4 hours presents problems.

Phei Phei Pho Phum
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Pheidippides
MBTI Type: ISFJ

Postby Pheidippides » 2011.06.22 (19:44)

Damn, flag was all over this shit.
Follow me! @ninjarobotfeidi #nmaps

Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sunset » 2011.06.22 (19:46)

Pheidippides wrote:Damn, flag was all over this shit.
All over it like jam on toast.