--Awesome Freeware Games-- Updated today!

Talk about gaming culture and other aspects of PC and console games and systems.
The Konami Number
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Snuggletummy » 2010.04.12 (13:36)

Woo, people are finally deciding to update this. Also, I highly recommend Iji, it's absolutely fantastic and the story is really deep. With that said, if you're wondering where I am these days, college.
Cracked.com wrote:All video-game characters are in fact made of cotton candy. This theory, and only this theory, can explain the cat-like hydrophobia shared universally by their kind. How else are we to believe that Frogger, a frog, is killed instantly on contact with water?

Slice of Wisdom

Postby kai » 2010.05.07 (10:14)

In case you were waiting for a request, then yeah, im interested. :P

Remembering Hoxygen
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby capt_weasle » 2010.05.13 (04:15)

http://www.vectorpark.com/levers/

THIS GAME INFURIATES ME TO NO END. I HATE BIRDS
"How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot: Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resign'd" ~ Alexander Pope
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars" ~ Hugh Laurie

The Konami Number

Postby Snuggletummy » 2010.05.14 (19:39)

capt_weasle wrote:http://www.vectorpark.com/levers/

THIS GAME INFURIATES ME TO NO END. I HATE BIRDS
I remember playing that years ago, and even now as I play it again, I can't agree with you more.
Cracked.com wrote:All video-game characters are in fact made of cotton candy. This theory, and only this theory, can explain the cat-like hydrophobia shared universally by their kind. How else are we to believe that Frogger, a frog, is killed instantly on contact with water?

The Konami Number

Postby Snuggletummy » 2010.06.20 (19:27)

Hello people, I'm back somewhat. See, I'm on academic probation, so I can't get on my PC as much anymore, although that'll probably change seeing as how I'm currently making a 115% in my current class. Anyway, I'm also going to make these short, I'm not really in the mood to type long paragraphs for the games and whatnot, but take it from me, these games are great.

--SUAVE--

Pretty simple game, great fun if you're bored.

SUAVE

--Crazy Over Goo--

Also a simple game at first. only one basic control, use the mouse to move the goo. has 50 levels, each level adds something new, from the simple slicer, to sticky walls. Also, includes a level editor.

Crazy Over Goo

--Transformice--

Multiplayer flash game involving mice trying to get cheese and exiting the level. May sound simple, but it also has physics and one to two players are chosen to be the shaman. The shaman can summon physics objects to aid their mouse brethren with collecting the cheese and making it home. I recommend that you register so you can chat with others. Also, to play with fellow metanetters, just go into the chat and type "/salon meta" without the quotations. Also, it's flash based. Constantly being updated too. Oh, finally, the game is very French. For a funnier experience, go to the room lljk instead of meta.

Transformice

--Cosmic Break--

This game is a Third Person Shooter with mech customizing and whatnot. It's currently in open beta, and when it releases it'll cost real money to buy some stuff. I'm currently playing it see, as I want to mess around in it before stuff costs money. It's great fun and quite frankly, the mech customization is pretty fawking awesome. Oh, and you know, it's customizable out the ass. You can edit the fawking paintjobs down to the pixels. MetaMechs anyone?

If you do decide to play this, the faction, per say, that I've chosen, is WIZ.

Cosmic Break

--Metal Venture--

Remember Robokill? You know, that game that would cost you like $20 to purchase. This is essentially that, just, you know, free. The game, for those who don't know, is a top down shooter where you control a mech that can hold up to four weapons (They all fire at once). What does this mean? If you were to find a flamethrower, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, and a laser rifle, you will be able to fire them all at once. Try it out, I sure as hell love it.

Metal venture

Anyway, sorry for the shitty descriptions and whatnot, I've not been hit by an inspiring new way to describe these things. Also, I have more games, but I'm still testing them..3D physics based Tetris anyone?

Remembering Hoxygen

Postby capt_weasle » 2010.06.22 (22:24)

Dismantlement. Take apart the radio.
"How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot: Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resign'd" ~ Alexander Pope

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/MyCheezKilledYours
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby Cheez » 2010.07.02 (01:05)

-=Knytt Stories=-

Quoting the page:
Nifflas' Games wrote:In Knytt Stories, each level is its own little adventure. One level is included with the game, where you have to stop a machine that draws the life out of the planet. Don't forget to download the expansion packs for additional stories.

Knytt Stories is a 2D platform game that runs on Windows 2000 and later, as well as DS homebrew.
Basically, a 2D atmospheric platformer. The level included with the game is great, though you can download tons more levels to play, each with different objectives, tilesets, music, backgrounds, etc., each creating different atmospheres. You can obtain various powerups to help you out, some are necessary to get through the game, such as Double Jump and the Umbrella.

It comes with a level editor as well!

Download: http://nifflas.ni2.se/index.php?page=Knytt+Stories
| last.fm | NUMA | RYM |

<Torex> Is there any possible way for me to get mod-ship in the community?
<Izzy> You can be an FF6 Miniboss!

<@Izzy> van prefers it long.

<kuri> is your brother a guy cheez

Not So Awesome Blossom
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Vyacheslav » 2010.07.04 (02:32)

Out of Order. A classic point-and-click game for Windows. You will spend days addicted to this game till you beat it. Rockin' soundtrack too.

The Konami Number

Postby Snuggletummy » 2010.09.07 (04:39)

Konban wa mina-san! I guess I'm updating this now, and yes, I'm still alive, I'm just doing college stuff. So without further adieu, here it comes.

----------------
Transformice
----------------

Have you ever wanted to play a game where you and a ton of friends play as mice and strategically try to pick up a slab of cheese and carry it back to a hole without any sort of problems? Well too fucking bad, this is NOT that game. In Transformice, you do all that, yes, but you have a mouse called the shaman. He/she/Quote is the player with the highest score and he/she/Quote has the ability to spawn objects, pivots, things like that. The main point is for the Shaman to help the mouse get to the cheese, but, well, looking at the comic up top (No, it's not a screenshot, but it explains the game EXACTLY) you should be able to figure the game out. We have numerous players, so ask them how to play. To name a few, Yanni, GamingWolf, TS, Luminaflare (Rarely), Quote, Torex, Stephen, Daik, Bio, kirby and..erm.. other people who have slipped my mind.

To get to the room we use, first go to Transformice then register your name. You need to register your name if you want to talk/buy things. Then, go into the chatbox thing and type "/room meta" without the quotations and exactly how that is. Meaning, don't capitalize meta. People aren't always in the server, so if you need to know, PM one of them. And just to make you all feel special, it's browser based.

I'd add more games, but for now, this is all you need. I mean hell, it also has a map editor, and we could remake levels from N.

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2010.09.07 (04:53)

Transformice is one of the best things ever.
feline disrespect from behind

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Orange
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby ℎalifax » 2010.09.07 (08:32)

This game is pretty much the best thing to happen to Metanet. Unfortunately, ortsz doesn't seem to agree.

Mr. Glass
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/astheoceansblue
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby a happy song » 2010.09.07 (09:04)

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but this site is absolutely brilliant: http://www.abandonia.com/en
LF: Careful this is getting in to a pretty grey area.
click sig :::
spoiler

n
::: astheoceansblue
::: My eight episode map pack: SUNSHINEscience
::: Map Theory: The Importance of Function & Form

-
M U S I C
::: The forest and the fire: myspace
::: EP available for FREE download, here.

-
A R T
::: Sig & Avatar Artwork by me - see here!

-
G A M I N G
::: Steam ID: 0:1:20950734
::: Steam Username: brighter

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/z3phyr
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby Zephyr » 2010.09.08 (06:32)

Haha, absolutely hilarious when we played this with Quote the other day over vent.
Clickme
spoiler

Orange- N cannot be spoken, or even thought about in my household. If my parents ever found out that I have played N since the cleansing, my life would be ruined. I keep the game in a multi-passworded .rar on a USB flash drive inside a locked boron alloy container that requires two keys to open (I keep one under the 64th hammer in my piano, and the other one in a small section of removable ceiling in the corner of the attic) hidden in a wall compartment lined with aluminium foil to prevent sonar detection behind my 375 kg cupboard, which is bolted to the floor - the only way to reach it is to abseil outside the fourth floor window and use a screwdriver to unfasten the screws holding the secret brick in place on the opposite side of the wall, but the screwdriver must be a specific type like the one I own, since if any other screwdriver comes into contact with the screws, the entire building will explode, as will a seperate charge placed inside the boron alloy container, rendering the USB useless. Even once the container is retrieved, attemping to open it without the arming pin in place (which is kept inside the battery compartment of my Maglite) will cause the water reservoirs lining the container to burst and react with the caesium lining, causing the container to burst into flames - the only way to prevent this is to use the arming pins to shut off the reservoirs with a sliding steel door. The USB itself contains an accelerometer linked to an explosive charge, meaning that if the USB detects its own movement speed as being greater than 5 cm/s, it will explode - any person attempting to steal it would have to move at a uselessly slow speed. Once plugged into a computer, the USB will upload a ghost virus onto it, leaving no traces. Only the right password can deactivate this virus, and if it is left on the computer for more than six hours, it will format all drives.

As you can see, I take my N playing very seriously.

Guiseppi- I'd much rather watch animals get boned in the ass.

Yanni- If it's glad, it's not rape.

Tsukatu- I refuse to use throw-away bags for such a frequent purpose as buying groceries. Instead, I've collected the hair of my two pet dogs and have woven them together into an all-natural, 100% environmentally friendly bag that I bring with me everywhere. And when I buy products that come in glass and plastic containers, I track down the company that packages them and ship back their containers so that they don't take up space in landfills.

Yeah, I use plastic.

Tsukatu- I hear Ebony Online is great, too. Cum save your princess, my lord!

Ska- UR MUM LIKE IS SPICY

Ska- why d i get the feeling what i typed will end up in the quote depository; or worse: someone's sig.

KinGAleX- I did it on the couch a little while ago.

Zeph- I got too pissed at the knife in the end so I just broke the wood on my knee

[13:50:29] |<-- Zeph has left irc.mountai.net (Quit: Zeph)
[13:50:53] <Zeph> omfg 1950s jazz :D
[13:50:57] <WorldCupE> ZEPH
[13:51:01] <WorldCupE> WHAT
[13:51:11] <WorldCupE> hpw
[13:51:12] <WorldCupE> how
[13:51:12] <Zeph> everyone wears out halfway through the match
[13:51:15] <WorldCupE> ._.
[13:51:17] <WorldCupE> you
[13:51:19] <WorldCupE> aren't
[13:51:20] <WorldCupE> here
[13:51:24] <WorldCupikaze> I think the broadcasters lowered the volume for certain frequencies
[13:51:35] <WorldCupikaze> WOAH
[13:51:38] <WorldCupikaze> STOP IT ZEPH
[13:51:46] <WorldCupE> he's in #n
[13:51:49] <WorldCupE> but not here
[13:51:58] <Zeph> that nz guy wasn't fouled
[13:52:05] <WorldCupikaze> DUBBLE YOO. TEE. EFF.
[13:52:05] <WorldCupikaze> STOPIT
[13:52:29] <WorldCupE> I don't think Zeph can read what we say
[13:52:38] <WorldCupikaze> No
[13:52:41] <WorldCupikaze> But it still happens
[13:52:46] <WorldCupE> xD
[13:52:47] <Zeph> holy shot I'm vibrating to 1950s relaxing jazz
[13:52:58] <WorldCupE> ZEPH
[13:53:01] <WorldCupE> CAN YOYU HEAR ME
[13:53:20] <WorldCupE> donfuy
[13:53:23] <WorldCupE> have you seen this
[13:53:35] <Donfuy> i can't
[13:53:43] <WorldCupE> can't what
[13:53:47] <WorldCupE> Zeph isn't here
[13:53:48] <WorldCupikaze> WHAT's GOING ON
[13:53:51] <WorldCupE> but is speaking
[13:53:51] <WorldCupE> D:
[13:53:58] <Donfuy> can't see what huh?
[13:54:06] <WorldCupikaze> IT'S THE APOCALYPSE
[13:54:10] <Donfuy> where's zeph o_o
[13:54:18] <WorldCupE> precisely
[13:54:21] <WorldCupikaze> Exactly
[13:55:21] <WorldCupikaze> call wide
[13:55:24] <Zeph> Pooh
[13:55:28] <WorldCupikaze> EH?
[13:55:37] <WorldCupikaze> OOOOOOOOoh
[13:55:38] <Zeph> amazing slide tackle saves day
[13:55:48] <WorldCupikaze> WHY ARE YOU TALKING YOU AREN'T HERE
[13:56:53] <WorldCupikaze> call wide
[13:57:02] -->| Zeph ([email protected]) has joined #Worldcup

[13:32:33] |<-- Zeph has left irc.mountai.net (Quit: Zeph)
[13:32:43] <WorldCupE> ZEPH D:<
[13:32:44] <Zeph> fucking irc app
[13:32:47] <WorldCupE> O_O
[13:32:50] -->| Zeph ([email protected]) has joined #Worldcup

Sig and avatar made by 망했어 네 여동생

The Dreamster Teamster

Postby Combo Bustperson » 2010.09.09 (07:26)

I use so much of my energy making you people miserable while playing transformice.

On the Psychic Highway
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/script
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Scrivener » 2010.10.22 (01:30)

spoiler

<Uuni> i dont see the escape in religion

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/heartattack

Postby Heartattack » 2010.10.22 (14:54)

I haven't been playing Transformice as much as I should lately :( The school's filter blocks pretty much anything with "chat" in the description, but the computers they gave us already have Skype installed :/ So Transformice is blocked, and the Kongregate version is no longer working for me. I can't install Adobe Flash, and the only stand-alone client I've found is for PC only. I can still play at home, but when I'm at home I feel much less motivated to waste time.
spoiler

All sigs thanks to my secret lovers.

I won a contest once.
Tsukatu wrote:ass assass

RoboBarber
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Aphex_N
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Aphex » 2010.11.05 (23:51)

----
Judith
downloads

"Judith is a game about control". It's a 3D horror game with an incredibly moving storyline. I'd say the exploration of the house could have been done in a more freeform way; but for the originality of the idea, fleshed out characters, sense of mystery/investigation and genuine scares, I'll forgive the linearity. This ones very powerful.

----
You found the grappling hook
downloads

A witty, fun and suprisingly intense platformer in which you, a ????, explore the cave guided by ???? (no spoiling). I found myself drawn into this world like no other 2D platformer. The combination of music, gameplay mechanics, witty/dry jokes and a climax that will leave you satisfied (and in my case, physically shaking) makes this a game not to be missed. Oh, also, that dude makes awesome games in general, so explore his archive of games if you're stuck for a good game to play.

Remembering Hoxygen

Postby capt_weasle » 2011.01.12 (08:39)

http://www.phoboslab.org/ztype/

Type the names of the ships to destroy them. Fun way to see how fast you can type.

Antonio Banderas
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/donfuy
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby Donfuy » 2011.01.12 (11:15)

I agree that Judith is amazing. Like most increpare games.

The Konami Number

Postby Snuggletummy » 2011.08.13 (07:31)

Hello hemales and shemales! It's been quite a while and I bet you're all yearning for some sort of gaming enjoyment. Well, I'm just going to place some games here to possibly hold you over, or not, and who knows, maybe I'll update this more often. The problem, though, is that I'm really not a fan of typing long columns of descriptive nonsense. So just take it from me and play these if you get the chance.

-------------------
Black Prophecy
-------------------

This image is a bit dated, but whatever.

Ever wondered what would happen if game creators pulled their heads out of their asses and made a game stunningly beautiful, extremely fun to play, and completely free? Well wonder no more, Black Prophecy is all those combined. I'm not too far in the game yet, but so far the game is pretty fucking fantastic. From the epic battles with battle cruisers, to the stunning scenery of the locations you explore, this is one of those games that you have to play.

Black Prophecy

P.S. My name in game is Snuggletummy...who would've guessed?

---------------
Battlezone
---------------

(You can change the resolution, I took these from the site..I realize you probably already knew this, but well, that's a tiny resolution.)

It's 1998 and you're sitting there, bored out of your mind, when you hear of a game called Battlezone. You think back to the good old days of 1980 when you first heard of Battlezone, and so you purchase the game. When you start playing this newer version, you're in awe with all the craziness this game has. From the RTS/FPS hybrid gameplay, to the full multiplayer support, this game had it all for it's time. Fast forward to 2011, this game is amazingly still around, and guess what? It's free to play now. All that crazy multiplayer fun you used to share it now back, and plays just as nice as it did.

Battlezone

If you do decide to play this, refer to this for a precise guide to the controls (The game doesn't tell you these, took me a while to figure out how to properly get out of my vehicle.)

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2011.08.13 (10:18)

Someone needs to make an HD texture mod for Battlezone. I played this game so much back in the day.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

The Konami Number

Postby Snuggletummy » 2011.08.13 (19:44)

Duchess of Awesome wrote:Someone needs to make an HD texture mod for Battlezone. I played this game so much back in the day.
There actually might be one on their forum, I mean, they have mods for everything, and it's updated pretty regularly, so there's bound to be a HD pack somewhere.

The Konami Number

Postby Snuggletummy » 2012.04.15 (20:50)

Damn, it's been a while since I've updated this, and I apologize for that. College has been kind of a bastard lately, and when I WANT to update this, I can never feel the urge to. Not because I loathe showing off great games, but moreso because I'm too afraid that I'll just start becoming repetitive in terms of describing things.

Oh well, enough of my whining...

-------------------
Nitronic Rush
-------------------

Have you ever thought, "Hey, I wish there was a game that used Tron-esque visuals, involved a lot of loops, deadly situations, dodging, flying, and all around badassery." If not, then you're probably one of the millions of people to whom have Erectile Dysfunction, and I apologize for your loss.

To the rest of you, however, look no further, for this game.. is the shit. I mean, you don't even need any description of it, because look at the fucking screenshot, it's so pretty and so forth. Also, I mean, I've played the game, I played it when it first came out, and I may have to reinstall it because the creators (Who are from Digipen, Gods..) have apparently updated it quite a bit and added a nice slew of various things to the mix, so it'll keep you interested.

Even the website is gorgeous

I guess I should tell you that the game is also Windows Only.

-------------------
Marble Arena 2
-------------------

Now, I know that at least one of you have played Sauerbraten at one point in your lives right? Don't answer that, because most of you will say yes. Anyway, this game's engine is based on the Sauerbraten engine, meaning, it's a very vibrant and beautifully crafted game. Basically, you are a marble, and you have to do various different tasks on each level. This can be from collecting X amount of stars (Which is in a lot of the levels) or destroying various AI controlled marbles. The game features an RPG-esque quality, mostly because you can increase the stats of your marble, such as (But not limited to) Jump height, handling, and ball size. To top it all off, the game features 10 powerups, ranging from your average ball boosting powerup, to one that turns your ball into a spiked ball (Killing everything instantly on impact).

What's more is that the game also features multiplayer, and while I haven't actually gotten around to playing with it yet, I mean, the game already has so much already, so I imagine multiplayer is JUST as fun, if not more fun.

Download

Good News Everyone! This game is available for Window, Linux, AND Mac.

-------------------

Sorry for only including two games this time, but I figure that these two are fairly amazing games, so they should offer a bit of time to screw with them/play them. You know, because Quality over Quantity, right?

Not actually an admin
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/paradox-dragon Paradox
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Paradox » 2012.04.15 (21:03)

A Puzzle-Horror with 3D graphics, http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/adve ... hich/1523/

"The game requires at least 'Windows XP' and 'Pixel Shader 2.0' to work.
(ATI Radeon R420 (X700-X850) or Nvidia GeForce FX series)

The zip file contains 3 executable files:
"Which-Lo.exe" - Low graphics for better performance.
"Which-Hi.exe" - Normal graphics, but may be considerably slow.
"Which-3D.exe" - Stereoscopic 3D in Red/Cyan format."