En-Dash

Create, share, and discuss the community's popular webcomics.
Semimember

Postby Naythan » 2011.01.21 (17:12)

Well I'm making a sprite comic using N assets. Revolutionary, I know. It's also a serious adventure, besides the occasional banter. So, I give you En-Dash.

Most recent: 5

EPISODE 1
Click to show/hide spoiler

EPISODE 2

EPISODE 3

EPISODE 4

EPISODE 5

EPISODE 6

Last edited by Naythan on 2011.02.03 (16:13), edited 4 times in total.

Jedi Pimp
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/bobaganuesh_2

Postby bobaganuesh_2 » 2011.01.24 (00:10)

Keep going.

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/lord_day
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby lord_day » 2011.01.24 (00:37)

I'm digging the plot.

Semimember

Postby Naythan » 2011.01.24 (19:54)

Huzzah, people like it. I suppose it's time for Ep. 3 then. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it, though, so I can improve?

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/sayko

Postby sayko » 2011.01.24 (20:02)

I liked 'em. But if you use less text, it would be easier to read.
Nmaps.netNmaps.netNmaps.netNmaps.netNmaps.net
spoiler

_destiny^- awarded me with this userbar because of i beat his The Legend of the Minejumper. Thanks to him!

Semimember

Postby Naythan » 2011.01.25 (18:25)

Yes, I tried to use less text, but it keeps nudging itself in there. All in all, I got no headway in that respect at all. Episode 4's up, by the way. Lots of text, with a little bit of humor. I'll explain later why it turned out that way.

EDIT: That sounded like I was trying to put less text into a dialogue episode. In clarification, I like to keep ahead of what I release, kind of like actual shows. It makes the releases seem more steady.

Ice Cold
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Ignate
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Ignate » 2011.02.02 (13:55)

I like where this is going. If I may point out a few things, though.
1) It'd be better if you save your images as PNG files, instead of JPEG. The image quality is much better this way.
2) I can't really tell if you're using N Poser for the ninjas or if you're recolouring them or something, but I'll just post the link in case.
3) This is preobably just my own preference, but instead of stating the character name and then putting the character's dialogue after, you could change the text colour according to the character's colour. Minor characters could have a different font or something.
4) Bigger panels would be nice, for example in Episode 5.

Other than that, though, this shows potential, and I'd look forward to seeing what happens next. This is the first plot-oriented N webcomic, or in fact first N webcomic I've seen for a while. Nice job.

EDIT: Also, COUGHPLUGCOUGH.

Semimember

Postby Naythan » 2011.02.03 (16:12)

Ignate wrote:I like where this is going. If I may point out a few things, though.
1) It'd be better if you save your images as PNG files, instead of JPEG. The image quality is much better this way.
2) I can't really tell if you're using N Poser for the ninjas or if you're recolouring them or something, but I'll just post the link in case.
3) This is preobably just my own preference, but instead of stating the character name and then putting the character's dialogue after, you could change the text colour according to the character's colour. Minor characters could have a different font or something.
4) Bigger panels would be nice, for example in Episode 5.

Other than that, though, this shows potential, and I'd look forward to seeing what happens next. This is the first plot-oriented N webcomic, or in fact first N webcomic I've seen for a while. Nice job.

EDIT: Also, COUGHPLUGCOUGH.
1) Ah yes, I save everything as PNG, but here I've been taking the lazy path and not specifying file type. I thought MSpaint automatically saved in bitmap...
2) I'm using N poser for a lot of the sprites, but not for the coloring. I'm using GIMP to color them so that they're more dull colors.
3) I might change that in the future, but for this set (season?) I'm going to keep that style. I'm experimenting.
4) I try to make them smaller for action sequences, but in episode 5 it looked crammed because of the simultaneous dialogue. I have a history of making my panels way too big and cramming way too much into one panel, so I'm purposefully spreading them out in sequences of smaller panels.
Thank you for the feedback. I truly appreciate it. Also, I'm compiling my own sprite sheet for this.

Episode 6 is where I start doing effects. Because of the sub-minimalist nature of this comic, I'm trying to make them look a little sloppy. (The truth is I'm really bad at effects :P) Also, more exposition.

Loquacious
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/29403
Steam: What's Steam
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby 29403 » 2011.02.14 (21:13)

Finished already? :'(

Pretty decent, I must say. Plot seems pretty interesting.
sig by donfuy.
Not from Charleston, South Carolina
This Forum is probably the best forum that i have ever used and i would just like to say how proud i am to be a member of this forum