Sex on the Xerox

Create, share, and discuss the community's popular webcomics.
Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.11.12 (17:59)

Updates will go here.

For instance, the update added today: comic 44.

http://sotx.therealn.com/index.php?comic=44
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/samurai_maligus

Postby Maligus » 2008.12.03 (23:23)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
THAT IS SOME FUNNY SHIT RIGHT THERE!
The Comic That Gets Progressively Better
Drathmoore wrote:Invader Zim. A pretty unique idea, I must admit. =D
Overall... It's getting progressively better. I'm a bit interested to see where it goes from here.
Think you have ideas worth contributing to my comics? If so, PM me your idea and I might put it in my comic. And, of course, your name will be cited in the comic.

Legacy Elite
Legacy Elite
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/TheAdster Check 'em out!  =D
MBTI Type: ESTJ

Postby Ad » 2008.12.07 (10:24)

Bwahaha, the last page of Prop 8 is brilliant.
ImageImageImage

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2008.12.30 (09:39)

The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Queen of All Spiders
NUMA Profile: http://www.freeWoWgold.edu
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2008.12.30 (21:19)

Oh my.
Loathes

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.13 (20:29)

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.01.14 (11:39)

blue_tetris wrote:http://sotx.therealn.com/

This is clearly a ripoff of an xkcd comic.
Loathes

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.14 (15:02)

SotX seems to be getting less coherent.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.14 (17:01)

rennaT wrote:SotX seems to be getting less coherent.
The comic was a follow-up to the Mystery comic.

Everything is canonical. Read between the lines. Stop doing what they tell you to do.

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.01.17 (13:40)

blue_tetris wrote:
rennaT wrote:SotX seems to be getting less coherent.
The comic was a follow-up to the Mystery comic.

Everything is canonical. Read between the lines. Stop doing what they tell you to do.

That comic where Laura died? You'll notice slightly pink dye on the borders to denote a dream sequence.
Loathes

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.25 (01:07)

Depressing

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.26 (13:56)

The current comic references Juarez, uses the same comic ploys and many of the same characters and yet manages to be less funny even when I reread Juarez. I think it's because I like Jeff the best and he just hasn't been the same since Weird. Econocunt was good, you could tell he was trying, but the flair is gone. The panache is extinguished. Jeff used to have the confidence of a cavalry officer. He used to woo me with lemon-shandies on the beaches of southern France. No more. He's an empty, sexless shell of a robot and you can tell.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.01.26 (16:06)

rennaT wrote:The current comic references Juarez, uses the same comic ploys and many of the same characters and yet manages to be less funny even when I reread Juarez. I think it's because I like Jeff the best and he just hasn't been the same since Weird. Econocunt was good, you could tell he was trying, but the flair is gone. The panache is extinguished. Jeff used to have the confidence of a cavalry officer. He used to woo me with lemon-shandies on the beaches of southern France. No more. He's an empty, sexless shell of a robot and you can tell.
First of all, this new comic is easily as funny as Juarez. It's effective because it makes Juarez look like a staging comic.

Second of all, your perception of Jeff is entirely left-field. Prop 8 and Mystery both features excellent Jeff-Laura dialogue. I'm wondering if perhaps previous to Weird you weren't blanketing your own persona on to Jeff's, without reading the words he used, and now by knowing his origins you're having difficulties picturing yourself in his roles.

Thirdly, since Masturbate Parts One and Four can be assumed to be two parts of the same broadcast episode, Econocunt represents the begining of season 2. Perhaps you just aren't liking the new shift in tone that the creators have been trying to press on us. The writing is as good as ever, but they're giving us outside-of-the-office hijinks and cursory characters in order to help us understand Laura, Bradley and Jeff better. S2E09 was a hearken back to Laura-heavy episodes, and as an old time fan, I would think that you would be embracing it.
Loathes

Depressing

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.26 (17:36)

SlappyMcGee wrote:First of all, this new comic is easily as funny as Juarez. It's effective because it makes Juarez look like a staging comic.

Second of all, your perception of Jeff is entirely left-field. Prop 8 and Mystery both features excellent Jeff-Laura dialogue. I'm wondering if perhaps previous to Weird you weren't blanketing your own persona on to Jeff's, without reading the words he used, and now by knowing his origins you're having difficulties picturing yourself in his roles.

Thirdly, since Masturbate Parts One and Four can be assumed to be two parts of the same broadcast episode, Econocunt represents the begining of season 2. Perhaps you just aren't liking the new shift in tone that the creators have been trying to press on us. The writing is as good as ever, but they're giving us outside-of-the-office hijinks and cursory characters in order to help us understand Laura, Bradley and Jeff better. S2E09 was a hearken back to Laura-heavy episodes, and as an old time fan, I would think that you would be embracing it.
I'd like to address your thoughts in order.

Juarez was a staging comic. I doesn't just look like one, it is one. It reveals aspects of Laura's past and foreshadows the future as far as present drama is involved, it's fairly lacking. Now, I don't want you to think that I view this as a bad thing because I don't. As I've already said, I like Juarez. I like it a lot. It knows where it's going and it goes there. It sets the stage and it makes you want to read the next but it doesn't leave you wanting. It is a full comic unto itself despite the fact that advances character dynamics more than other of the comics in this so called "new season" and it does while actually including a punchline. Juarez is a shining example of comicdom. I don't blame the creator for wanting to do a followup. I blame the creator for giving the followup less purpose, less oomph and, ultimately, less humour.

I don't think I'm imposing my personality on Jeff for several reasons. Firstly, I'm not anything like Jeff. Secondly, I'm not anything like Jeff. And thirdly, even after reading Weird, I still prefer Jeff's older comics. There's really nothing I can say if you continue to claim that I'm idealizing Jeff and imposing my own self onto his but it should be known that I disagree.

Like I said in my previous post, Jeff used to have a certain sheen that he seems to have lost. He used to be a walking hard-on but he was a real character. I'm going to draw your attention to Juarez again and the last panel where actually respects Laura's boundaries. Or friggin' Harriet. Harriet's a Jeff powerhouse. Jeff used to be a real character and since Weird, the only development that we've seen on his front is the removal of that third dimension. Jeff's cartoon character trapped in a web comic character's body and we can thank this "new direction" for that.

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.01.26 (18:28)

Get with the times, rennaT. Juarez was an amazing comic, granted, but it was also an entirely different style than it's followup, the equally good S2E09. S2E09 doesn't rely on us having previous knowledge of Laura's relationship with Juarez, it simply rewards us if we do. The crux of the comic comes from this zany sitcom like situation, the appearance of Ramsey, the hilarious conclusion Juarez comes to, and ultimately Candice getting the final word at the end, a rare but rewarding occurrence.
Loathes

Depressing

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.26 (18:38)

SlappyMcGee wrote:Get with the times, rennaT. Juarez was an amazing comic, granted, but it was also an entirely different style than it's followup, the equally good S2E09. S2E09 doesn't rely on us having previous knowledge of Laura's relationship with Juarez, it simply rewards us if we do. The crux of the comic comes from this zany sitcom like situation, the appearance of Ramsey, the hilarious conclusion Juarez comes to, and ultimately Candice getting the final word at the end, a rare but rewarding occurrence.
Oh, Slappy. You are as eloquent as you naive if you believe that S2E09 doesn't rely on our previous knowledge. It has a footnote that tells us which episode to read, fer chrissakes. That said, I understand why you like it. I understand why you like it and I hope that you understand why I don't so that we can move on to the more important topic at hand.

Who would rather bone? Candice, Doreen or Laura.

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.01.26 (19:27)

Candice. I'm all about Candice.
Loathes

Depressing

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.26 (19:32)

Ditto.

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.27 (05:03)

Hi, creator here. Just dropping in to see what people think about the comics. I love all the criticism, good and bad. Thanks for following the series.

I wanted to point out that if you read Muff (#2) and Econocunt (#39) in sequence, you'll see a larger change in Laura's character than in Jeff's. Laura changed more in Harriet than Jeff did, even though Jeff was fully in charge of that situation and let us know more about himself. Werid (#37) might have given you a different way of looking at Jeff, but I think his persona stayed the same. The result is somewhat like that first awkward communique with your best friend after you accidentally saw him naked. He's pretty normal about the whole thing and you're a bit shaken up. I expect that will wear off in a few comics after you realize he's much the same guy. Although, responding in such a way after coming to terms with his origin story is certainly expected.

Secondly, I think you can read S2E09 (#48) without having read earlier comics in the same way that Ballgame (#25) is readable. A backstory is not necessary to understanding and enjoying the comic, but provides bonus context and enjoyment to those fans who know it.

Now, as a treat for the fans, I've decided on the characters' MBTI types and will post them here. You're seeing it first, guys!

Laura is ENFP. Weak F.
Bradley is ISTP.
Jeff is ENTP.
Candice is ISFJ.
Zach is INTJ. Weak I.
Heeler is ESTJ.
Grady is ISTJ. Weak S.
Doreen is ENFJ. Weak J.
Juarez is INFJ. Weak N.
The Bangles are ENFP.
All-American Kitty is ESTP.
Harriet was ESFP.
Del Monte is ENTP. Weak N.
Chiquita is ISFJ.
LV's Cat is ISTP.
Barack Obama is ENFJ.
Ramsey is ENTP.

Lastly, I'd bone Laura.

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy

Postby Kablizzy » 2009.01.27 (07:22)

blue_tetris wrote:LV's Cat is ISTP.
I knew it.
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

Queen of All Spiders

Postby SlappyMcGee » 2009.01.27 (15:59)

What about Early DeLong? ESFJ?
Loathes

Not So Awesome Blossom
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Vyacheslav » 2009.01.27 (16:16)

<3 SotX

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.27 (16:20)

Depressing

Postby Tanner » 2009.01.27 (16:48)

I really liked the first three panels.

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy

Postby Kablizzy » 2009.01.27 (20:15)

Ahahahahah. Faceass.
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.