Are you okay with gays?

Debate serious and interesting topics, rant about politics or pop culture, or otherwise converse in essay form about your opinions. The rules of conduct here are a little stricter.
The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Fraxtil
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Fraxtil » 2012.09.15 (17:44)

Fraxtil wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe about gays. Being a Christian, I certainly believe that God is against gays... what I don't understand is why. Most rules given in the Bible can be reasonable from even an atheist's view (most rules are there because doing something would hurt someone else). However, homosexuality is not one of those rules. The only reason I could see for God saying no to being gay is because it focuses sexuality on pleasure, rather than procreation. Conversely, I don't believe that God wants us to be restricted of all sexual pleasure, namely in married couples. Therefore gays should be able to marry and enjoy each other, right? But no... the verses conflict. It's a topic which I'm very unsure about.
Wow, I sure was a closeted idiot back in 2008. Sorry about that.

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2012.09.16 (02:39)

Fraxtil wrote:
Fraxtil wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe about gays. Being a Christian, I certainly believe that God is against gays... what I don't understand is why. Most rules given in the Bible can be reasonable from even an atheist's view (most rules are there because doing something would hurt someone else). However, homosexuality is not one of those rules. The only reason I could see for God saying no to being gay is because it focuses sexuality on pleasure, rather than procreation. Conversely, I don't believe that God wants us to be restricted of all sexual pleasure, namely in married couples. Therefore gays should be able to marry and enjoy each other, right? But no... the verses conflict. It's a topic which I'm very unsure about.
Not at all. Perfectly reasonable, respectful post. Are you still a Christian?
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2012.09.16 (10:33)

Universezero wrote:Anyway, I guess I'm okay with gays. I believe that people should do what they want as long as it's not against the law.
And here I am over three years later, smoking weed. How life changes.

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2012.09.16 (10:41)

Universezero wrote:
Universezero wrote:Anyway, I guess I'm okay with gays. I believe that people should do what they want as long as it's not against the law.
And here I am over three years later, smoking weed. How life changes.
land of the long white cloud indeed
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

The number of Electoral College votes needed to be President of the US.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Fraxtil
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Fraxtil » 2012.09.16 (20:05)

centerƒire wrote:
Fraxtil wrote:
Not at all. Perfectly reasonable, respectful post. Are you still a Christian?
Nope. And I guess my post was "respectful" enough, but wow was I off the mark.

Sonnet
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Barabajagal

Postby Baraba » 2012.09.27 (07:02)

I haven't read this thread, but is this actually a discussion [no question mark]

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Vanquish

Postby Vanquish » 2012.10.04 (13:34)

yeah im ok with them. infact a few of my friends are gay. and they seem alright.