the decline and fall of the NUMA empire

Talk about the Nmaps.net website.

Moderators: Rose, Sunset

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2011.11.18 (23:05)

amomentlikethis wrote:RIP NUMA.
wtf is NARC?
It's been a global thread for like six months you idiot.
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2011.11.19 (11:00)

I appreciate how Arachnid's inactivty is frustrating, and I share those feelings, and I don't want to stoke the flames, but Jesus-fucking-Christ. Emphasis mine:
Radium wrote:arachnid seems to be unwilling to give up his site to someone more capable of handling it. give the damn site to someone who cares. his refusal to cooperate is exceedingly selfish, considering how little he has done for the site in the past couple years.
Can you see how outrageous a statement this is? Arachnid has done more for this community than pretty much anyone. Just because he hasn't been around much for the last few years doesn't change the fact that he deserves at least a modicum of fucking respect. "Give the damn site to someone who cares." 'The' damn site? It's his damn site. Who are you? What have you done for this community? What have you created? What have you poured your time and money into?

As I said, I understand the frustration. But please tell me you see what is wrong with your comment.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby otters » 2011.11.19 (17:07)

THE REVEREND CHAU wrote:'The' damn site? It's his damn site.
Hi, I'm arachnid. I'm going to build up an infrastructure for you guys all to submit your maps and manage them very nicely and then I'm going to disappear and it's going to crash and burn leaving you with no alternative. After it all it is my damn site and nobody else has write privileges to the server plus the code is shitty

(NARC works better now, maps show up. But importing from NUMA isn't feasible until it comes back up or possibly never)

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby Sunset » 2011.11.19 (17:58)

incluye wrote:
Hi, I'm arachnid. I'm going to build up an infrastructure for you guys all to submit your maps and manage them very nicely and then I'm going to disappear and it's going to crash and burn leaving you with no alternative. After it all it is my damn site and nobody else has write privileges to the server plus the code is shitty

(NARC works better now, maps show up. But importing from NUMA isn't feasible until it comes back up or possibly never)
You know what? Fuck the old map archives. That gives people almost /no/ incentive to post anymore. They've already made their mark, they don't care / have the time to map anymore. It's just cluttering the system, imo.

Postby otters~1 » 2011.11.19 (21:20)

Purple Hair wrote:
incluye wrote:

You know what? Fuck the old map archives. That gives people almost /no/ incentive to post anymore. They've already made their mark, they don't care / have the time to map anymore. It's just cluttering the system, imo.
Boy, the posts just keep topping each other for sheer stupidity. Can someone lock this thread already? (My grounds for asking? Personal defamation in the OP. Thanks in advance!)

Hawaii Five-Oh
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/RadiumFalcon
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby Radium » 2011.11.19 (21:28)

mintnut wrote:Now is the time to start using NARC you guys. It's bare bones still, but it works. I'm well surprised people haven't been using it at least temporarily at the moment.

Ok, Radium. I'm going to try and mediate here — with massive safety wink, because I got a bit tongue in cheek while typing ;-) :

This is, what? The 120,000,000,000,000th thread you've made about the end/fall/death/decline/genocide/murder/euthanasia/suspension of disbelief of numa? We all get that it's not in the best shape, but you're not raising anything we can seriously discuss. I understand the anger about the state of things, this place is/was a cool, fun community and no one wants/wanted it to go to shit, but turning the melodrama up to eleven isn't going to change anything.

Also, lashing out at arachnid is so pointless, I doubt he'll ever read anything written here now anyway, but let's be honest; only a handful of people have ever done more for this community, irregardless of the state he's left us in. And you have to accept that people, except maybe kablizzy, dude'll be here forever by the looks of things, will move on from N. Arachnid's not really done anything wrong (although i'm willing to be persuaded on this point by someone better in the know — everyone loves a good scapegoat).

ANyways; I know I still need to work on that collab, radium, and I had been gearing up to it (those maps I made recently were an attempt to rekindle some mapping abilities) but i've had a pretty hectic couple of weeks, i just got back from visiting friends on tuesday and i'm going off again today, but bear with me, errr, again?

Also flag, when I said in the MOA thread that i'd have time next week, that toally means next week now.... I'm the shittest person at getting stuff done in the world :(

Eurgh, this got ramblier than I'd meant, hey sidke! sorry to hear about your phone buddy. :(

Oh god, I'm going to regret posting this now, i had a point when i began, i think...

maybe.
you're right. i do have a tendency to post threads like this (i kinda like to stir up the pot). also, i've seen your kiaora maps and they are amazing! please reply asap!
spoiler

Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sunset » 2011.11.20 (01:54)

boustrophedon wrote:
Purple Hair wrote:
incluye wrote: Hi, I'm arachnid. I'm going to build up an infrastructure for you guys all to submit your maps and manage them very nicely and then I'm going to disappear and it's going to crash and burn leaving you with no alternative. After it all it is my damn site and nobody else has write privileges to the server plus the code is shitty

Boy, the posts just keep topping each other for sheer stupidity. Can someone lock this thread already? (My grounds for asking? Personal defamation in the OP. Thanks in advance!)
I'M BEING SARCASTIC DDD:<

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/MyCheezKilledYours
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby Cheez » 2011.11.20 (04:36)

this thread is full of cool guys

cheez wrote:cool guys

I think NUMA has basically kicked the bucket unless Arachnid comes back. Which isn't likely.

I guess can finally say goodbye to my addiction to this game now.
| last.fm | NUMA | RYM |

<Torex> Is there any possible way for me to get mod-ship in the community?
<Izzy> You can be an FF6 Miniboss!

<@Izzy> van prefers it long.

<kuri> is your brother a guy cheez

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/amomentlikethis
MBTI Type: ESFP

Postby amomentlikethis » 2011.11.21 (10:52)

boustrophedon wrote:
wtf is NARC?
You say that as if I come here often. :(

I submitted a map there but it seems to have disappeared?
Hi.

Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sunset » 2011.11.21 (14:07)

amomentlikethis wrote:
boustrophedon wrote:
wtf is NARC?
You say that as if I come here often. :(

I submitted a map there but it seems to have disappeared?
Incluye.

On the Psychic Highway
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/apakenua

Postby Apakenua » 2011.11.21 (14:23)

Cheez wrote:this thread is full of cool guys

What's a signature?

Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sunset » 2011.11.22 (00:01)

Apakenua wrote:
Cheez wrote:this thread is full of cool guys

Plus (Size) Member

Postby njitsu » 2011.11.24 (22:25)

this is literally the gayest thread i have ever encountered, 16 year olds are so silly

---

is there any way to recover the maps from numa?
mapping since '06
-+- njitsu -+-

Richard Richards
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/epic4ever

Postby Equilibrium » 2011.11.25 (11:23)

njitsu wrote:this is literally the gayest thread i have ever encountered, 16 year olds are so silly

---

is there any way to recover the maps from numa?
But this is so fabulous!
Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Radio Douchebag
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Rhekatou

Postby Rhekatou » 2011.11.27 (02:55)

while you all rage and flame rakky, remember one thing: he's the one who's been paying for it (and still is) for the past ~5 years.

Loquacious
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/29403
Steam: What's Steam
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby 29403 » 2011.11.28 (22:09)

njitsu wrote:this is literally the gayest thread i have ever encountered, 16 year olds are so silly
ten year olds are sillier
sig by donfuy.
Not from Charleston, South Carolina
This Forum is probably the best forum that i have ever used and i would just like to say how proud i am to be a member of this forum

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Yahoozy
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby  yahoozy » 2011.11.28 (23:53)

who would even make a thread this gay oh r ight RADIUM THE BIG GAY DUMPASS WOULD

this thread so gay

Loquacious
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/29403
Steam: What's Steam
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby 29403 » 2011.11.29 (16:08)

but isn't there only one sex of thread? :>
sig by donfuy.
Not from Charleston, South Carolina
This Forum is probably the best forum that i have ever used and i would just like to say how proud i am to be a member of this forum

Antonio Banderas
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/donfuy
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby Donfuy » 2011.11.30 (01:23)

29403 wrote:but isn't there only one sex of thread? :>
WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SEXUAL THREADS? :<<<<<<

Hawaii Five-Oh
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/RadiumFalcon
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby Radium » 2011.11.30 (06:38)

Donfuy wrote:
29403 wrote:but isn't there only one sex of thread? :>
WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SEXUAL THREADS? :<<<<<<
you redeemed the thread :D
spoiler

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/scythe33
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby scythe » 2011.11.30 (08:10)

Man, do I ever feel like Nero, fiddling while Rome burns.
As soon as we wish to be happier, we are no longer happy.

Postby otters~1 » 2011.12.01 (17:59)

scythe wrote:Man, do I ever feel like Nero, fiddling while Rome burns.
Little known fact: equus senator was actually named RadiumFalcon -- something historians have long wondered about. It seemed like it might be Latin.

Maxwell Smart
Steam: tejedu

Postby DaggaFork » 2011.12.03 (05:44)

But....but......b-bu-...

NUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ;'(

Maxwell Smart
Steam: tejedu

Postby DaggaFork » 2011.12.03 (13:59)

Do it! Do it naooo!

nmaps.net is up!

(8:58AM , Saturday December 4 [EST])

Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sunset » 2011.12.03 (15:07)