Map Counter Error

Talk about the Nmaps.net website.

Moderators: Rose, Sunset

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Chrdrenkmann

Postby Chrdrenkmann » 2011.08.04 (16:38)

I'm not quite sure if this topic exists here but I'll have a try.

Nmaps.net

This thing above should be map 216107 but I had a submission error.
Unfortunately, this error counts as a map and my counter shows a wrong number of maps now.

I know that I'm not the only one who has this stupid problem.
Any ideas if this can be fixed soon?
I don't have a signature.

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Sunset » 2011.08.05 (07:50)

Loquacious
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/29403
Steam: What's Steam
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby 29403 » 2011.08.08 (16:01)

Chrdrenkmann wrote:I'm not quite sure if this topic exists here but I'll have a try.

Nmaps.net

This thing above should be map 216107 but I had a submission error.
Unfortunately, this error counts as a map and my counter shows a wrong number of maps now.

I know that I'm not the only one who has this stupid problem.
Any ideas if this can be fixed soon?
Get over it... :L
sig by donfuy.
Not from Charleston, South Carolina
This Forum is probably the best forum that i have ever used and i would just like to say how proud i am to be a member of this forum

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Chrdrenkmann

Postby Chrdrenkmann » 2011.08.08 (20:49)

Why should I?
It's an obvious error on NUMA which should be fixed soon.
I don't have a signature.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maxson924

Postby Rose » 2011.08.08 (21:55)

Yeah, this error's existed for a long time. I myself have one or two more maps than I should because of this. I have to agree with 29403 here; you're just going to have to get over it. There are much bigger problems on NUMA than something as trivial as this. :/

"Asked ortsz for a name change"

Postby otters~1 » 2011.08.08 (22:57)

Chrdrenkmann wrote:Why should I?
It's an obvious error on NUMA which should be fixed soon.
Feel free to fix it!
the dusk the dawn the earth the sea

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/origami_alligator
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby origami_alligator » 2011.08.16 (20:26)

Rose wrote:Yeah, this error's existed for a long time. I myself have one or two more maps than I should because of this. I have to agree with 29403 here; you're just going to have to get over it. There are much bigger problems on NUMA than something as trivial as this. :/
I'm just here to start some conversation that's already been talked about, but the biggest problem NUMA has isn't all the things we used to have and do not anymore (title search, anyone?), it's the fact that Arachnid doesn't want anyone to have access to the FTP of the website, plain and simple. If he really wanted to hand over NUMA to someone else he would have done so by now, instead of coming back every 18 months and saying, "Hey guys, anybody want this?" and then disappearing when someone responds.

Thus, NARC. It's really your last chance to get all the features you would like into an archiving website before the developer disappears in Ireland.
.,,,,,@

"Listening intently, the thoughts linger ever vibrant. Imagine knowledge intertwined, nostalgiacally guiding/embracing."
<Kaglaxyclax> >>> southpaw has earned the achievement "Heartbreaker".
Promoted to the rank of Ultimate Four by LittleViking
[15:34] <Brttrx> ADDICTION IS GOOD, MR BAD INFLUENCE
[20:05] <southpaw> 8:05pm, Wednesday, 29 April, 2009, southpaw completed N.
[22:49] <makinero> is it orange-orange-gold yellow gold silverthread forest urban chic orange-gold?

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Sunset » 2011.08.17 (13:28)

Manus Australis wrote:
Rose wrote:Yeah, this error's existed for a long time. I myself have one or two more maps than I should because of this. I have to agree with 29403 here; you're just going to have to get over it. There are much bigger problems on NUMA than something as trivial as this. :/
I'm just here to start some conversation that's already been talked about, but the biggest problem NUMA has isn't all the things we used to have and do not anymore (title search, anyone?), it's the fact that Arachnid doesn't want anyone to have access to the FTP of the website, plain and simple. If he really wanted to hand over NUMA to someone else he would have done so by now, instead of coming back every 18 months and saying, "Hey guys, anybody want this?" and then disappearing when someone responds.

Thus, NARC. It's really your last chance to get all the features you would like into an archiving website before the developer disappears in Ireland.
I think I've said this before, but I'm willing to test the site out if you need someone to find any major bugs.

Postby otters~1 » 2011.08.18 (01:53)

Manus Australis wrote:

And, /and/, where we're really gonna need everyone's help is persuading non-forumers, non-IRCers to switch from NUMA to NARC. Now, we'll make some news posts, we'll make some ad maps, and we may even have some sort of [I haven't kicked this idea around because I just thought of it so don't take it as fact] reward system for people who are willing to start posting maps exclusively on NARC. But what we'll need is everyone to just constantly mention it on NUMA, because NARC isn't going to work if only 20% of NUMA users port over.

(All previously archived NUMA maps and comments will of course be stored on NARC.)

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Orion_

Postby Broghan » 2011.08.18 (02:36)

boustrophedon wrote:
Manus Australis wrote:

And, /and/, where we're really gonna need everyone's help is persuading non-forumers, non-IRCers to switch from NUMA to NARC. Now, we'll make some news posts, we'll make some ad maps, and we may even have some sort of [I haven't kicked this idea around because I just thought of it so don't take it as fact] reward system for people who are willing to start posting maps exclusively on NARC. But what we'll need is everyone to just constantly mention it on NUMA, because NARC isn't going to work if only 20% of NUMA users port over.

(All previously archived NUMA maps and comments will of course be stored on NARC.)
So, why can't a move be done like we have done in the past with the forums? Just have a "We have Moved" thingo.

Postby otters~1 » 2011.08.18 (03:07)

Broghan wrote:So, why can't a move be done like we have done in the past with the forums? Just have a "We have Moved" thingo.
We will. But I question how many people will notice that small news update on the Home Page. Can't edit the website itself or we wouldn't be in this situation.

Beyond a Perfect Math Score
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Nexx
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Nexx » 2011.08.18 (03:17)

boustrophedon wrote:
Broghan wrote:So, why can't a move be done like we have done in the past with the forums? Just have a "We have Moved" thingo.
We will. But I question how many people will notice that small news update on the Home Page. Can't edit the website itself or we wouldn't be in this situation.
You could enhance the message with a map & review specifically designed for that purpose. Then revoke all (or most) reviewer privileges so that only completely trustworthy people have the power to change it.