Nreality Teams Arena [Results posted]

Are you a rad N player or want to put some rad N players to the test? Talk about your skills and challenge each other at N in this forum.

Moderators: EddyMataGallos, TheRealOne

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/TheBlackLion

Postby The Black Lion » 2011.10.16 (12:32)

zoasBE wrote:@tbl:
you still have not read my judging results?
I just read your judging result now, this is perfect as I say in my answer ;)
I will try to post the final results as soon as I can.
Apakenua wrote:I'm sorry; I had no idea that this was up and running.
What do I need to judge?
Yes it would be awesome if you still can judge as it was planed :) The four maps are in the first post. You can send me the result by private message.
da_guru wrote:Well, I understand that. But please, can we protect the maps in the next round? Otherwise the highscoring part of this competion is not much of a contest.
I'll try to do that for possible next round, I totally agree with you that it will be a lot more fair and fun.
I've a Tumblr were I post pictures, texts, videos and musics.

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/da_guru

Postby da_guru » 2011.10.21 (23:32)

I think I know how to protect a map. When I saw a contest map from the last BLUR season, I noticed the additional phrase |||protectedcontest at the end of the mapdata. If everyone adds this to the normal mapdata this should work.

When will you tell us about the results, ZoasBe, Apakenua and TBL?

On the Psychic Highway
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/apakenua

Postby Apakenua » 2011.10.23 (02:37)

da_guru wrote:I think I know how to protect a map. When I saw a contest map from the last BLUR season, I noticed the additional phrase |||protectedcontest at the end of the mapdata. If everyone adds this to the normal mapdata this should work.

When will you tell us about the results, ZoasBe, Apakenua and TBL?
My results have been in for a while, Guru. I'm waiting on TBL's word to state them.
What's a signature?

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Sunset » 2011.10.24 (18:13)

I'm gonna be having more time now, so this better still be alive.

Vampire Salesman

Postby da_guru » 2011.11.02 (14:44)

NOOO.... I DON'T WANT THIS TO DIE!

The_Black_Lion, don't you want to hand over the further organisation and judgement of this contest to someone else? I could help as well, though I'm not sure, if I could be fully responsible for it.

You did your job very well until now, but the judging is taking far too long and if you don't have the time, maybe someone else has?!

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Apakenua » 2011.11.05 (13:08)

da_guru wrote:NOOO.... I DON'T WANT THIS TO DIE!

The_Black_Lion, don't you want to hand over the further organisation and judgement of this contest to someone else? I could help as well, though I'm not sure, if I could be fully responsible for it.

You did your job very well until now, but the judging is taking far too long and if you don't have the time, maybe someone else has?!
As I have said, my judging is in. I'd be willing to help in any other way as well.
What's a signature?

Vampire Salesman

Postby da_guru » 2011.11.13 (23:19)

Apakenua, would you be in for taking this contest over together with me and reviving it? I guess TBL either completely forgot about it or is extremely busy, so I reckon he wouldn't mind. Yet we probably should wait until NUMA is up and running again...

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Apakenua » 2011.11.17 (01:13)

da_guru wrote:Apakenua, would you be in for taking this contest over together with me and reviving it? I guess TBL either completely forgot about it or is extremely busy, so I reckon he wouldn't mind. Yet we probably should wait until NUMA is up and running again...
I'd be all for it. We might want to, or we could pastebin it.
What's a signature?

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/zoasBE

Postby zoasBE » 2011.11.17 (01:29)

Apakenua wrote:
da_guru wrote:Apakenua, would you be in for taking this contest over together with me and reviving it? I guess TBL either completely forgot about it or is extremely busy, so I reckon he wouldn't mind. Yet we probably should wait until NUMA is up and running again...
I'd be all for it. We might want to, or we could pastebin it.
hey guys! calm, you have to take into consideration the other judge of this contest (me).
I also am really angry at the way this has taken.
But i have make my job properly long time ago, over a month ago, you can read all the post, and you can see as I already filed my opinion (send to tbl) and vote for this competition for over a month.
I can post now my judging results if you like.
this is not just up to you.
greetings.
[align=center]ZOAS © VODKAS © THE23 © INSATIABLEEEE!!![/align][/font][/color]
just as friends as enemies
even fewer friends

Vampire Salesman

Postby da_guru » 2011.11.17 (22:38)

Sorry zoasBe, that I forgot you. Please don't take that offensively or think I am about to mutiny this contest. I respect the work of TBL and both of you judges. The only thing I wanted to say is: somebody please revive this contest! I don't care who will do it, I only wanted to offer my help in case nobody else has time or motivation to do it.

It'd be great if you two judges could finally present the results, but we also need a solution for the following round(s?). So what now?

On the Psychic Highway

Postby Apakenua » 2011.11.18 (22:39)

da_guru wrote:Sorry zoasBe, that I forgot you. Please don't take that offensively or think I am about to mutiny this contest. I respect the work of TBL and both of you judges. The only thing I wanted to say is: somebody please revive this contest! I don't care who will do it, I only wanted to offer my help in case nobody else has time or motivation to do it.

It'd be great if you two judges could finally present the results, but we also need a solution for the following round(s?). So what now?
MUTINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No really, ZoasBE, I meant no offence.
I've already asked you for your scores; I'll average them. Guru, let's start thinking up the next round. Would we pastebin it?
What's a signature?

Vampire Salesman

Postby da_guru » 2011.11.19 (17:51)

I assume you mean pastbinning the mapdata of each team's map? There is no way for submitting maps on NUMA or highscoring via Nreality as long as NUMA's down. That really limits our possibilities to 'old-school' map and demo data posting. Plus we need to get the participants into the contest again, maybe by an ad map or personal messages (yet I don't think many people are on the forums nowadays without being reminded to do so). That's why I would wait until everything's running normally again.

ABC

Postby The Black Lion » 2011.11.20 (14:03)

Mapping Results
It's finally out... I've been so busy this last month than I haven't had the time to play N and I nearly totally forgot this contest. I keep being really busy so I've no idea if I'll be able to put in place a second round. Anyways I'm really sorry for the delay of the result and I hope you'll forgive me.

First rating and comment by zoasBE, second rating by Apakenua.
Thanks to both of you for your clever judging guys.
And congratulation to Team 4 for winning the mapping contest!

(Click on the name to see the details)
1) Data Kraken (by Team4) with 25/30

Gameplay: 8.5/10; 9/10.
This is what I've imagined as map for an HR/SR contest. Short, intense, and high highscore value.

Aesthetics: 6.5/10; 9/10.
I feel something rare when I see this map. Is cool, but can not find really harmonious. Strange, and for me more than a kraken, is a bufon hat.

Mechanism/Originality: 8/10; 9/10.
The choice with chainguns is superb, the mined oneways mechanics too. And the tile curves gives the map something special. Simply this.

Total: 23/30; 27/30
For a little, but has won.

25/30

2) Fanatic of the Black Sun. (by Team2) with 24.6/30

Gameplay: 7/10; 8.7/10
The map is really amazing, technical and well prepared. But I think the map is not appropriate for this contest. I mean, is certainly interesting, and you can make good highscore with him, and of course has a high re-playability value (and this is what I like more), but my feeling to him is not appropriate for a contest like this of HS/SR. Anyway, spectacular!

Aesthetics: 7/10; 9.5/10.
The structure is weird simple, but cool, like a playable dissected crater. Sunset-ish.

Mechanism/Originality: 8.5/10; 8.5/10.
The strong point of the map. Mechanical really cool, witty and interesting. I like the spectacular one bounce, jumping from start to it. I like too the oneways mechanics, interacting with the laser. The exit switch part (floorguard + launchpd + trapdoor + switch positioning + mines), is novel and challenging. But the best of the map is the bounce, I love this bounceblock!!

Total: 22.5/30; 26.7/30.
Great map. I feel a little at odds with the contest.

24.6/30

3) Igloo glue (by Team3) with 23/30

Gameplay: 6.5/10; 8.5/10.
Has a decent gameplay, but nothing special. Sometimes the play is heavy or sluggish. In other hand, few cool things, but speedrunnig is quite similar to highscoring, the only difference is not taken gold. Not much.

Aesthetics: 7/10; 9/10.
Good and Bad. It is clearly deep_blue, and sometimes I like, sometimes not much. This time, the little structures/tilesets different pattern, sometimes together, and sometimes not. The thing I like, is that I seem to see an alien skull with one eye on the bottom left corner. This go up with the score. Not much with gold.

Mechanism/Originality: 7/10; 8/10.
Having played hundreds of deep_blue maps, is one more. Nothing bad, but nothing new. Simply d_b mechanics.

Total: 20.5/30; 25.5/30
Simply an d_b average map, cool, but nothing spectacular.

23/30

4) jURASSIC PARK (by Team1) with 20.5/30

Gameplay: 7.5/10; 8/10.
The gameplay is simple but cool. Some precise movements or trick jumps. Open space give the player options to choice the fast route. Speedrunning the is quite cool because you have to carefully choose the movement, and run properly, it is challenging in itself.

Aesthetics: 6.5/10; 7/10
No apparent pretensions, and considering that the creator of the map is highscorer, not mapper. It has not been all bad. Looks like old-school maps.

Mechanism/Originality: 7/10; 5/10.
Nothing overly special. The mechanism is based on the interaction of the ninja, with the tileset, basically. The 8tiles jumps or the movements between them, and then an interaction in the jumping below area with some cool jumps. Meanwhile, the objects are well placed. Especially the rocket.

Total: 21/30; 20/30.
It's basically a simple map for the purpose of the contest. Easily-made to try make good runs.

20.5/30

I'm already calculating the highscoring/speedrunning results and I'll post them today with the final results.

ABC

Postby The Black Lion » 2011.11.20 (15:07)

Highscoring Results
I deleted this rule: "-3 points for each members who hadn't posted a completition on one of the map in Nreality." Because there was to many absent player and this would clearly disadvantage some teams whereas this wasn't their fault. But it wouldn't be fair to disadvantage the players who have posted a demo but aren't in the top 5, too. So I made a new rule by adding one point to the team score for each of them (as if they were 4th).
I hope you will all agree with the new system and don't think it's unfair.

I guess I've to congrats EddyMataGallos for those awesome demos. Also da_guru, vankusss, avatar_fanatic and 999_Springs for being present in nearly every top 5 !

(Click on the name to see the details)
jURASSIC PARK:

0 - EddyMataGallos (+10 for Team2)
1 - vankuss (+ 6 for Team1)
2 - 999_Springs (+ 4 for Team4)
3 - da_guru (+2 for Team 4)
4 - avatar_fanatic (+1 for Team 2)

TheBlackLion (+1 for Team2)
thereisaspoon (+1 for Team3)
atomizer (+1 for Team3)

Fanatic of the Black Sun.:

1 - da_guru (+6 for Team 4)
2 - vankusss (+4 for Team1)
3 - TheBlackLion (+2 for Team2)
4 - avatar_fanatic (+1 for Team2)

999_Springs (+1 for Team4)
atomizer (+1 for Team3)

Igloo glue:

1 - avatar_fanatic (+6 for Team2)
2 - da_guru (+4 for Team4)
3 - 999_Springs (+2 for Team4)
4 - ///

Data Kraken:

1 - vankusss (+6 for Team 1)
2 - 999_Springs (+4 for Team4)
3 - Ben_Schultz (+2 for Team4)
4 - da_guru (+1 for Team4)

TheBlackLion (+1 for Team2)
thereisaspoon (+1 for Team3)
atomizer (+1 for Team3)

Total:
Team2: 54 pts
Team4: 26 pts
Team1: 16 pts
Team3: 5 pts

There wasn't enough speedrun demo posted to make the thing valuable.
Last edited by The Black Lion on 2011.11.20 (15:29), edited 2 times in total.

ABC

Postby The Black Lion » 2011.11.20 (15:28)

Final Round 1 Results
I tried to make that the mapping results influence the final results. It was hard because there was nearly no difference between the mapping results but some huge gapes between the highscoring results.
So I put the 2 result on 10 and make an average result on 20 but I'm totally open if you've a better idea.

1) Team2:
54 pts -> 10/10
24.6/30 -> 8.2/10
18.2/20

2) Team4:
26 pts -> 4.8/10
25/30 -> 8.3/10
13.1/20

3) Team1:
16 pts -> 3/10
23/30 -> 7.7/10
10.7/20

4) Team3:
5 pts -> 1/10
20.5/30 -> 6.8/10
7.8/20

I hope everybody has enjoy this first round and that there's more to come. Again, I'm truly sorry for the long delay, it wasn't my fault.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/zoasBE

Postby zoasBE » 2011.11.22 (06:55)

Oh good, finally posted!!
Thanks to all for playing/participating, and congratulations to the winners.
If you need help in organization next rounds, please, contact me.
I hope this not die too.
[align=center]ZOAS © VODKAS © THE23 © INSATIABLEEEE!!![/align][/font][/color]
just as friends as enemies
even fewer friends

Ice Cold
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby trance » 2011.11.22 (20:17)

I'm guessing we are going to have to post the maps for the next round in NARC, seeing as NUMA is down.
Sig by Aidiera.
My Accomplishments

My highscoring/speedrunning name is "1211".
I have one former highscore 0th* (114-0) and one current speedrun 0th* (23-1).
I have 25 "legit" highscore Top-20s, but according to NReality, I have 124.
I have 41 highscore Episode Top-20s. Again, according to NReality.
I have 289 speedrun Top-20s and I'm 23rd on the boards.
I have 167 speedrun Episode Top-20s and I'm 4th on the boards. :D

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2011.11.22 (23:09)

EddyMataGallos is a one-man team.
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

Vampire Salesman

Postby da_guru » 2011.12.11 (23:49)

I reckon we can close this topic, as I think there won't be another round due to lack of time and motivation, numa instability and indecisiveness. It has been quite fun for the one round this contest lasted, but it needs better planning next time. Nevertheless: TBL and you two judges did a good job. NTA - R.I.P. ;)