moving n data to another computer?

Need help getting the classic version of the ninja game to work? Ask here. Find a bug? Tell us here.

Postby user » 2009.03.18 (17:38)

hello.

I've just completed n on my computer. I have to format this computer, so I was wondering, is there any way to take a backup of my game data. (extract the game data somehow?)
Or can I somehow move the data to another computer while I format my own?

Can anybody help me with this, please?

thanks in advance

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EdoI
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby EdoI » 2009.03.18 (20:54)

Eldrial wrote: Its Location

Windows Vista:
Computer>OS C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\localhost

Windows 2000, XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\localhost

Windows 95, Me:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\localhost

*Application Data and subfolders will be hidden.

To be able to see the files:

* Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View.Select the option to show hidden files or folders.
* A simple way to find your .sol file is to use the Search program. Search for All Files and Folders. Type in .sol in the first box. Before engaging the search, drop down to More Advanced Options and be sure that "Search system folders", "Search hidden files and folders", and "Search subfolders" are checked.

Mac OS 9:
Macintosh HD/System Folder/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/random string of letters and numbers/localhost

Mac OS X;
/Users/Short name/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/random series of letters and numbers/localhost
Backup the *.sol file that you'll find in that folder. Then, after you installed OS and extracted N on your computer, play one level or a map, what will make N create it's *.sol file. Locate the *.sol file and replace it with the file that you saved before formatting.