how do you make user levels show up on the list

Need help getting the classic version of the ninja game to work? Ask here. Find a bug? Tell us here.
The Loneliest Number

Postby 47dragon » 2009.01.18 (23:14)

how do you make your user levels show up on the list

Loquacious
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/29403
Steam: What's Steam
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby 29403 » 2009.01.18 (23:19)

This should be in N Troubleshooting

And which list? If you want your userlevels on the userlevels list, add it at the bottom of the userlevels.txt file. Enclose it with $level name#author#type#{level data here}#
sig by donfuy.
Not from Charleston, South Carolina
This Forum is probably the best forum that i have ever used and i would just like to say how proud i am to be a member of this forum

Odd
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/pni
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby Pixon » 2009.01.21 (00:03)

Moved to N troubleshooting.
spoiler

Signatures supplied by the following: NicNac14, Tsukatu, aphex_n, Nphasis, pinkymyno1, UniverseZero, gloomp, sidke, 29403, AMomentLikeThis, Chase, Red Reamer, Izzy, MyCheezKilledYours, Techno, Donfuy juice, southpaw, IAMAMAZING, SkyRay, Skyline, Why_Me, jackass, Leaff, esay, Daikenkai, Kablamo_Boom, wumbla, Izzy, toasters, Octopod Squad, behappyy, notsteve, Shadowraith, GTM, Animator, kkstrong, TearsOfTheSaints, Spawn of Yanni, nnn, Furry Ant, ampburner, fawk. Thanks.
I have 72 signatures.

I accept signature donations.

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/mc_george
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby George » 2009.01.23 (14:33)

You must ensure the string &userdata= is located at the top of the document. Keep your userlevels below the string in the format 29403 has outlined.

What's also important is that the userlevels.txt file is located in the same folder as the N application.

The Loneliest Number

Postby jim? » 2009.02.13 (00:11)

i copied the data from top box, enclosed in proper syntax, refreshed user level list on the game, but the level still didn't show on the game. any ideas?
Now this is my kind of shoe!\

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/golfkid

Postby golf » 2009.02.13 (04:44)

Make sure the userlevels.txt file is in the same folder as the N flash file. Also, make sure that you entered the level data below the "&userlevels=". Beyond that, I don't know what else to say if that doesn't work.
[16:24] <@golfkid> I'm pretty sure I will literally scream if I die on the last column of 78-4 at this point
[16:25] <trance> Oh, yeah. That level.
[16:29] <@golfkid> lol
[16:30] <@golfkid> It looks so simple
[16:30] <@golfkid> But it says "NO! I will rape your sanity!"
spoiler

My Accomplishments:
Completed N; Completed Nreality on 4/11/08
598 top 20 scores in N 1.4 as of 6/28/14 (498 level scores, 100 episode scores, 2nd position in top 20 rankings); reached 100 on 12/14/2008; 300 (half of all possible :D) on 11/9/2009; 400 on 12/2/2011; max of 598 on 2/3/2013; tied for 0th in top 20 rankings on 2/26-27/13

4 current v1.4 0ths (9th position in 0th rankings); First v1.4 0th: 63-3 at 1:20 pm, 3/24/2008

current level score: 71079.200 (6th position all time); 60k seconds on v1.4 6/17/08; 12th to 70k at 11:30pm EST, 12/24/2011; 6th to 71k at 5:50 pm EST, 9/29/2012

current episode score: 34276.650 (4th position all time); 100k seconds total level score (Metanet and NReality) on 2/4/08

participation and contest winner images

[quote="ska on my 129-1 innovation"]I thought about that but couldn't chimeny fast enough when trying. Congrats[/quote]

Commodus

Postby Rule » 2009.02.13 (20:09)

You must close and re-open n-game to make sure the level is added.
Maybe this is your problem.

Boeing Boeing Bone!

Postby Amadeus » 2009.02.15 (17:29)

I have been having the same problem
You CANNOT use a shortcut on the desktop-both the game and userlevels must be together in the folder N_v1.4
People write to me and say, "I’m giving up, you’re not talking to me." I just write them a simple message like, "Never give up," you know? And it changes their life
http://greenbrown.bandcamp.com

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/greenblack

Postby blackbelmoral » 2009.04.06 (01:53)

[3d]sigh[/3d]
put a userlevels file in the same folder as n
YAR HAR!
X2
Sigs:
29403|?NicNac?| Kablamo
Atilla wrote:If I offer a position, particularly one that requires a degree of responsibility and maturity, verbally abusing me because you missed the position will only confirm my belief that you were not the best candidate

Bayking
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/exuberance

Postby Exüberance » 2009.04.24 (22:29)

Also, to be clear, you need ONE &userlevels= in your file, NOT one for each map. The program reads all of your maps as one string, then breaks it up itself.

It should look something like this:
&userdata=

$Switching the Flow#Exuberance#Action#map data#

$Walking the Rocket-Dog#Exuberance#KRA#map data#

$76-1: Classix#cucumber_boy#action#map data#

$Kurukururin#ZivilynBane#round1#map data#
(replacing map data with the map data of course)

Note the $ before each map and the # after it. The maps should already be formatted as above when you copy from NUMA, but you might want to double check all your maps to make sure you didn't copy only part of one map- that would mess everything below it (inclusive) up, and possibly everthing else too depending on how it parses the information.
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
Comic Activity-O-Meter: (how often I'm updating my comic)
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
+ Loitering: Like comatose, but for short amount of times.
- Turtling (Loitering/Semi-Active): Really slooooww updates
+ Semi-Active: One every 2 weeks...ish?
- Quasi-Active (Semi-Active/Active): Averaging about 2 comics every 3 weeks
+ Active: Loosely defined status, but about a weekly update
- Over-Active (Active/Power-leveling): About 2 comics a week
+ Power-leveling: About 3 comics a week. Possible a schedule, possibly not
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/neil_bryan

Postby Neil_Bryan » 2009.05.29 (03:28)

George wrote:You must ensure the string &userdata= is located at the top of the document.
Yeah, you got to be sure about this. Make sure it's only one on the top. Also, not on top of each map.
golfkid wrote:Make sure the userlevels.txt file is in the same folder as the N flash file.
If it isn't, the userlevels won't really show up, because it's located at a different location.
Rule wrote:You must close and re-open n-game to make sure the level is added.
Even if you have done the first and second step listed here, none of these would apply except if you close then open the game again.
Names of Towns

Longest: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Shortest: Y

OMG THIS IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not)

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EdoI
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby EdoI » 2009.05.29 (21:04)

Neil_Bryan wrote:
Rule wrote:You must close and re-open n-game to make sure the level is added.
Even if you have done the first and second step listed here, none of these would apply except if you close then open the game again.
I think you're wrong. It is much easier to click Refresh List button, that is located at the bottom of the maps list, on the left side.

EDIT: That reminds me, if you ever start using NReality, Refresh List button isn't working.

*goes to report this problem to Unreality, and thinks: "How didn't I reported this to him as soon as I downloaded it, I noticed it immediatly when I opened it!"