my game, does, not, save, at all

Need help getting the classic version of the ninja game to work? Ask here. Find a bug? Tell us here.
Triforce

Postby Silversquirrel » 2009.03.26 (10:34)

hey for some reason, my game will not save, ive tried everything ive seen on the forums, redownloading it, lookin through the folders, rightclicking and changing flash player settings, making a .sol file in text edit, all sorts of things, i dont know what to do, its really annoying, it saves on my friends computer, i dont know why it doesnt on mine. im running it on a Mac, Leopard version 10.5.2 and i have no idea what else to do, please help

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/jackass77
MBTI Type: ESFJ

Postby jackass » 2009.03.26 (11:12)

Could it be your .sol is resetting? It happens to me quite alot, just make sure you back up your .sol each time you play so you can continue off from where you were. Thats probably the best solution till someone more experienced than me comes along and kicks my ideas ass completely :)
[align=center]Image
Mine :: Techno :: Incluye :: GTM ::Skyline :: Riobe :: GTM 2[/align]

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/origami_alligator
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby origami_alligator » 2009.03.26 (12:28)

Silversquirrel wrote:hey for some reason, my game will not save, ive tried everything ive seen on the forums, redownloading it, lookin through the folders, rightclicking and changing flash player settings, making a .sol file in text edit, all sorts of things, i dont know what to do, its really annoying, it saves on my friends computer, i dont know why it doesnt on mine. im running it on a Mac, Leopard version 10.5.2 and i have no idea what else to do, please help
Some things to try:
1. Make sure that you set the storage space to Unlimited. When you download N for the first time a little window should pop up asking you how much storage space you'd like to allow for N. Setting it to Unlimited isn't going to take up all the space on your comp, N is a tiny folder. It just means you'll have more storage space.

2. Your game only saves after you beat an entire episode, ie 5 levels. If you're only playing the first 3 levels and then quitting this makes sense that you aren't picking up where you left off.

That's the advice I have to give. Maybe someone who knows more than I do will come along and help you out as well.
.,,,,,@

"Listening intently, the thoughts linger ever vibrant. Imagine knowledge intertwined, nostalgiacally guiding/embracing."
<Kaglaxyclax> >>> southpaw has earned the achievement "Heartbreaker".
Promoted to the rank of Ultimate Four by LittleViking
[15:34] <Brttrx> ADDICTION IS GOOD, MR BAD INFLUENCE
[20:05] <southpaw> 8:05pm, Wednesday, 29 April, 2009, southpaw completed N.
[22:49] <makinero> is it orange-orange-gold yellow gold silverthread forest urban chic orange-gold?

Triforce

Postby Silversquirrel » 2009.03.26 (12:51)

ive tried that, but i open it, and i dont get a window asking me if it can save data, ive downloaded it several times

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/incluye
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby otters » 2009.03.26 (17:51)

Yeah, that's Windows only. Have you beaten an episode yet?

Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/squibbles
MBTI Type: ENFP

Postby squibbles » 2009.03.26 (19:57)

Tyr right clicking on the flash player's body, and selecting settings. This will pop up the box which southie mentioned. In there just pull the slider all the way to the right...and if it is ticked, I sugest you untick the box saying "Never ask me again".
spoiler

Nmaps.net

Tsukatu wrote:I don't know what it is, squibbles, but my brain keeps inserting "black" into random parts of your posts these days.
I totally just read that as, "I'd hate to be the only black guy stuck using v1.4."
[/ispoiler]

Triforce

Postby Silversquirrel » 2009.03.27 (00:38)

yeh i tried beating a whole episode, didnt save, doont know what to do

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/gloomp
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby unoriginal name » 2009.03.27 (00:53)

incluye wrote:Yeah, that's Windows only.
What? No it's not. I got the message when I downloaded it.

Bayking
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/exuberance

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.24 (18:33)

Are you, by chance, using Vista? Vista likes to block stuff without telling you. Try moving N to the C drive (no subfolder) and setting it to always run as administrator.
If that doesn't work, right click on n_v14.exe (N) and make sure that it has the privillages to both read and write.
Also, if you're not on an administrator account, that might block it, but it shouldn't.

EDIT: Oh, you're on a Mac. Missed that part. I remember that N sometimes has problems on Macs but I don't know how you fix it. You still may want to try moving N to a different directory though.
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
Comic Activity-O-Meter: (how often I'm updating my comic)
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
+ Loitering: Like comatose, but for short amount of times.
- Turtling (Loitering/Semi-Active): Really slooooww updates
+ Semi-Active: One every 2 weeks...ish?
- Quasi-Active (Semi-Active/Active): Averaging about 2 comics every 3 weeks
+ Active: Loosely defined status, but about a weekly update
- Over-Active (Active/Power-leveling): About 2 comics a week
+ Power-leveling: About 3 comics a week. Possible a schedule, possibly not
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EdoI
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby EdoI » 2009.05.24 (19:28)

[offtopic]This should go to N Troubleshooting.[/offtopic]

Radio Douchebag
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Rhekatou

Postby Rhekatou » 2009.05.25 (00:03)

Silversquirrel wrote:hey for some reason, my game will not save, ive tried everything ive seen on the forums, redownloading it, lookin through the folders, rightclicking and changing flash player settings, making a .sol file in text edit, all sorts of things, i dont know what to do, its really annoying, it saves on my friends computer, i dont know why it doesnt on mine. im running it on a Mac, Leopard version 10.5.2 and i have no idea what else to do, please help
is yours on a network?
school perhaps?

Wizard Dentist
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/SkyPanda

Postby SkyPanda » 2009.05.27 (12:46)

hmmm, are you running any anti-virus-like programs that remove application data or temporary data?

Diagnosis Mohawk: Bahrain Cock Theory
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/spawn_of_yanni
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Spawn of Yanni » 2009.05.27 (12:54)

Odd. Is it creating an .sol file at all? Because it sounds like someone else on a Mac had a very similar problem to you just now. He managed to solve his problem, so try following the steps in that thread.
feline disrespect from behind

The Loneliest Number

Postby jeffmaster » 2010.04.18 (11:18)

hi i just registered on this forum. i used to play n a lot on my old windows-notebook.

now i have a macbook for several years and just found this game again. i have the exact same problem.

i was looking at your location, where my .sol file should be located but there is no .sol file.

/edit: i just saw, that is seems to be illegal to share .sol files. but is there a "clean" .sol file to download?

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2010.07.02 (23:32)

I think i really know your problem. Maybe you have NReality, if so, you have to create an account AND log in, so every time you start it, you are automaticly loggedin, if not, NReality wont save your progress at all.

This is the same exact question i made on the old forums, when i was starting with NReality:
http://metanet.2.forumer.com/index.php? ... =23621&hl=
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Almost as Bad as One

Postby Chessax » 2010.07.16 (20:43)

Apparently this seems to be a widespread issue. My guess is that there is some legacy functionality not working in flash version 7 vs leopard (in my case snow leopard), which seems to be the version used when compiling the game. Either way I have the same problem... Though NReality seems to be working. Is there any difference between N and NReality when it comes to functions and the maps from N (0-500)? Just wanna play what I'm used to :P. Never managed to beat the game and want to give it another try, so I want the same thing.

*EDIT: Apparently I was wrong :). I fooled around a little at "~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/" and removed some empty folders, which fixed the problem. The game seems to have trouble with preexisting folders in the "#Shared Objects" folder, maybe multiple folders in there is the problem because I've never seen more than one in there at a time earlier.

*EDIT2: See my post in this thread for in detail info about the problem, as well as "NewGuy"'s post, seem to have beat me to the solution hehe: http://forum.droni.es/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 73#p130373