ex.fm - This song is amazing *clicks black arrow*

Share and discuss music, artists, and the audiophile culture.
The Konami Number
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Snuggletummy » 2011.01.15 (07:32)

ex.fm is an extension for Google Chrome that basically allows you to find music you like, then click a little black arrow and add it to the extension. Basically, to sum it up without bad sentence structure, the extension pretty much compiles all the music you listen to online into a media library. It can sync up to your Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, and Last.fm accounts too, so all in all it's a useful thing to use.

But wait, why am I talking about an extension in the music section? Well, I had an idea. If we had people use the extension, we could get a whole group of them, and have them note (favorite) songs. What this would do is it would share the song/music on their profile. Using this, we could effectively try out each other's tastes in music, and at the same time, eventually have ourselves our own Metanet collection of music, so to speak.

This is the extension exfm

I'll try to add people to this, but I have a feeling this topic may not become as popular as I may have thought. Oh well.

+-----+
Snuggletummy
GamingWolf
Cracked.com wrote:All video-game characters are in fact made of cotton candy. This theory, and only this theory, can explain the cat-like hydrophobia shared universally by their kind. How else are we to believe that Frogger, a frog, is killed instantly on contact with water?

Qui si castrano ragazzi
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/gamingwolf2000
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby GamingWolf » 2011.01.15 (08:44)

*pauses music*

The extension appears NOT to save the music you noted offline and anytime you see an mp3 link you can use the exfm to play it automatically. I'd request support for other files as well (ogg, flac, etc.) so those other music files don't left out. Right now it's a big coverage area and I only just heard of this so I'll see how it goes. Definitely using my app as my own personal radio station... hee hee hee.

EDIT: No it doesn't... it just seems to load the songs I personally noted faster when I'm connected though.